An 8 year old pc matches the ps4

#1 Edited by evildead6789 (7644 posts) -

yes it's true

* graphics card from 2006

3 way 8800gtx sli : 3d mark 06 score: 31885 marks

* graphics card in ps4

hd 7850: 3d mark 06 score: 30014 marks

The cpu combined with the hd 7850 (ps4 gpu) is a water cooled and overclocked i7-3770k running at 4400 mhz. The cpu combined with the 8800 gtx 3 sli is a 2600k at stock (3400 mhz).The gpu and the memory on the hd 7850 were also much higher overclocked than the 8800 gtx in this test. Still the 8800 gtx sli - 3 way comes out on top and the 3d mark06 is also cpu dependent (the i7 -3770k runs at much higher speeds here than the i7-2600k)

The hd 7850 in the ps4 runs at stock and stock scores are a lot more in favor for the 8800 gtx. The 8800 gtx was released in november 2006

As for the cpu: those i7's didn't exist off course back in 2006, but the sony ps4 is packing something nowhere near that as well : The core 2 quad q6600 was released in january 2007 and pretty much matches the ps4's gpu. When overclocked it easily surpasses the computational power of the ps4.

sources:

8800 gtx 3-way sli

hd 7850 (gpu ps4)

edit: I posted this so people would realize what a ripfoff the ps4 is (the xboxone is even worse)

#2 Edited by RoboCopISJesus (1408 posts) -

#3 Edited by santoron (7719 posts) -

That's not a graphics card... that's 3 graphics cards. You seem desperate.

@evildead6789 said:

The core 2 quad q6600 was released in january 2007

You mean After the PS3 launched...

@evildead6789 said:

and when overclocked

lol. Very desperate.

#4 Edited by R3FURBISHED (10514 posts) -

3-way SLI?! Liquid Nitrogen?! Overclocking!?

Get that fucking bullshsit out of here! You must be joking!

#5 Posted by evildead6789 (7644 posts) -

@santoron said:

That's not a graphics card... that's 3 graphics cards. You seem desperate.

@evildead6789 said:

The core 2 quad q6600 was released in january 2007

You mean After the PS3 launched...

@evildead6789 said:

and when overclocked

lol. Very desperate.

yeah a month after the ps3 launched lol, and last gen lasted a long, long time

Yeah when overclocked it surpasses the ps4's cpu, at stock it matches it

what next...

#6 Posted by Heirren (16914 posts) -

And a modern day pc still can't emulate a Super Nintendo 100%.

#7 Edited by evildead6789 (7644 posts) -

@R3FURBISHED said:

yeah when you use liquid nitrogen you can actually make the gpu in the ps4 run (a bit) faster than an 8 year old gpu

sad isn't it?

#8 Posted by Gamerno6666 (1114 posts) -

Just Stop It. Staph.

#9 Posted by lostrib (36252 posts) -

Just stop with this crap

#10 Posted by Desmonic (13849 posts) -

@lostrib said:

Just stop with this crap

x1000000.

#11 Edited by evildead6789 (7644 posts) -

@Heirren said:

yeah but still about 99.5 percent of all games

and the ps4 can emulate ... 0 percent of allgames.

#12 Posted by lostrib (36252 posts) -

@Desmonic said:

@R3FURBISHED said:

@lostrib said:

Just stop with this crap

x1000000.

Wow I didn't even notice the LN2 part. This should just get locked for such ridiculous trolling

#13 Posted by evildead6789 (7644 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@Desmonic said:

@R3FURBISHED said:

@lostrib said:

Just stop with this crap

x1000000.

Wow I didn't even notice the LN2 part. This should just get locked for such ridiculous trolling

how is this trolling?

#14 Edited by ChronosChris (250 posts) -

and yet PS4 pumps out amazing graphics comparable to that of a modern gaming PC. Dat hidden power.

#15 Posted by evildead6789 (7644 posts) -

and yet PS4 pumps out amazing graphics comparable to that of a modern gaming PC. Dat hidden power.

that amazing to you ... is classic to me

#16 Posted by R3FURBISHED (10514 posts) -

how is this trolling?

It's no different from someone here making a thread and saying "Oh, I'm running SLI Titan Zs with dual i7 4770 CPU Motherboard! So much more powerful than current generation consoles!"

It is the ridiculousness of your argument that is being brought into question.

#17 Edited by SolidTy (42914 posts) -

Thread Trolling to ridiculous level. Purpose? Buy Xbone or PC, gaiz! Convince OP on his choices.

Got the message....again, and again, and again.

#18 Posted by High-Res (273 posts) -

yes it's true

* graphics card from 2008

3 way 8800gtx sli : 3d mark 06 score: 31885 marks

* graphics card in ps4

hd 7850: 3d mark 06 score: 30014 marks

The cpu combined with the 8800 gtx 3 sli is a 2600k at stock (3400 mhz). The cpu combined with the hd 7850 (ps4 gpu) is a water cooled and overclocked i7-3770k running at 4400 mhz.. The gpu and the memory on the hd 7850 were also much higher overclocked than the 8800 gtx because it's better at overclocking. Still the 8800 gtx sli - 3 way comes out on top and the 3d mark06 is also cpu dependent (the i7 -3770k runs at much higher speeds here than the i7-3770k)

However , when using liquid nitrogen the mark score is 38000-ish for the 8800 gtx and 41000-ish for the hd 7850. Which is still pretty close though and I doubt sony will ever add liquid nitrogen to the system with such high overclocks. The hd 7850 in the ps4 runs at stock and stock scores are a lot more in favor for the 8800 gtx.

There isn't as much competition as well with 8800 gtx since these are very old cards. Not to mention is a lot harder to find good chips for overclocking. Besides anyone that knows gpu hardware knows that the 8800 gtx in 3 way sli is comparable with a 7850 in performance. The 8800 gtx was released in november 2006

As for the cpu: those i7's didn't exist off course back in 2006, but the sony ps4 is packing something nowhere near that as well : The core 2 quad q6600 was released in january 2007 and pretty much matches the ps4's gpu. When overclocked it easily surpasses the computational power of the ps4.

sources:

8800 gtx 3-way sli

hd 7850 (gpu ps4)

Sure it does man. Sure it does....

#19 Posted by evildead6789 (7644 posts) -

@evildead6789 said:

how is this trolling?

It's no different from someone here making a thread and saying "Oh, I'm running SLI Titan Zs with dual i7 4770 CPU Motherboard! So much more powerful than current generation consoles!"

sorry that setup is 8000$ setup.

A 400$ pc runs circles around the ps4 today.

#20 Posted by topgunmv (10213 posts) -

Neato.

What does it score in firestrike?

#21 Posted by R3FURBISHED (10514 posts) -

@R3FURBISHED said:

@evildead6789 said:

how is this trolling?

Price is immaterial and doesn't make your point any less asinine.

#22 Posted by Mr_Huggles_dog (1074 posts) -

No fucks were given....this...the year of his birth.

#23 Posted by evildead6789 (7644 posts) -

@evildead6789 said:

@R3FURBISHED said:

@evildead6789 said:

how is this trolling?

Price is immaterial and doesn't make your point any less asinine.

sure it does, it must hurt ha that your beloved ps4 is only a glorified ancient machine lol

#24 Posted by Bigboi500 (29693 posts) -

Very desperate.

#25 Edited by R3FURBISHED (10514 posts) -

sure it does, it must hurt ha that your beloved ps4 is only a glorified ancient machine lol

I berate your thread and support my claim so you revert to a defensive posture with a baseless claim of "it must hurt ha that your beloved ps4".

So here you go: irreverence and irrelevance to meet your foolishness and ridiculousness.

Cheers!

#26 Posted by evildead6789 (7644 posts) -

@evildead6789 said:

I berate your thread and support my claim so you revert to a defensive posture with a baseless claim of "it must hurt ha that your beloved ps4".

So here you go: irreverence and irrelevance to meet your foolishness and ridiculousness.

Cheers!

What else do I need to say, you start trolling because i just gave the simple facts.

so what's the reason for it? because you can't handle it.

#27 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (13913 posts) -

You are just so desperate, it's really kind of funny.

#28 Posted by R3FURBISHED (10514 posts) -

What else do I need to say, you start trolling because i just gave the simple facts.

My last response to you: Your point is asinine.

:)

#29 Posted by Blabadon (26167 posts) -

WHY THE FUCK would I use liquid nitrogen

#30 Edited by evildead6789 (7644 posts) -

@Blabadon said:

that's not the point, the point is you need liquid nitrogen to make the ps4's gpu run (a bit) faster than an 8 year old gpu in sli

#31 Posted by evildead6789 (7644 posts) -

@evildead6789 said:

My last response to you: Your point is asinine.

:)

sure, I don't see anything asinine at pointing out, that a ps4 only matches an 8 year old graphics card in sli.

#32 Posted by Blabadon (26167 posts) -

Oh okay. I just wanted to write "why the fuck" in caps. I have no idea about any of this shit.

But your OP is dumb. Like 4realz

#33 Edited by evildead6789 (7644 posts) -

@Blabadon said:

Oh okay. I just wanted to write "why the fuck" in caps. I have no idea about any of this shit.

why is it dumb, i just want to point out , that 8 years ago you could build a pc that matches the ps4's horsepower today. It would have costed you 2000$ but still the tech was there for the public, and it's 8 years ago. That's a bloody long time.

#34 Posted by Bigboi500 (29693 posts) -

@Blabadon said:

why is it dumb, i just want to point out , that 8 years ago you could build a pc that matches the ps4's horsepower today. It would have costed you 2000$ but still the tech was there for the public, and it's 8 years ago. That's a bloody long time.

It's dumb because console gamers aren't interested in powerful hardware. It wouldn't matter if 20 yo PC parts were more powerful than PS4 or PS9.

Please understand.

#35 Posted by 04dcarraher (19513 posts) -

From a cpu stand point the Q6600 even at stock clocks is slightly faster then the Console's available six cores. Now claiming three 8800GTX in SLI faster then the PS4's gpu is a bit far fetched, First off you never get full scaling with tri sli, and then 8800's are limited to dx10 based features such as Shader model 4. Then your limited by memory amounts and bandwidth. 7850 alone has nearly 2.5x higher pixel rate then a 8800 series, has 2.5x memory bandwidth let alone having over 2x the memory. Also for sheer shader processing power 7850 has over 3x the power. Lastly why are you using 3dmark06 as proof when in fact its only direct x 9 shader model 3 based. If you were to try one with Direct x 10 features the 7850 would cream that 8800 SLI, let alone dx 11 which the 8800 cant do.

#36 Edited by evildead6789 (7644 posts) -

@Bigboi500 said:

@evildead6789 said:

@Blabadon said:

It's dumb because console gamers aren't interested in powerful hardware. It wouldn't matter if 20 yo PC parts were more powerful than PS4 or PS9.

Please understand.

that's sad because I have consoles as well. I don't have an xone or a ps4 but i do have an x360, ps3, wii and a pc. I refused to buy any of the consoles right now, maybe if I don't have a choice for a good exclusive, but i doubt it.

I like the community better on the consoles because of the plug and play and ease of use, you can easily match up with people as well, while on the pc you have so many different platforms (steam, origin, only the game itself) while on the console everything is interconnected. I did prefer the x360 last gen because of the party chat.

At the end of last gen it got really frustrating though because the graphics were so bad and it was mainly because they waited so long to release the next gen consoles.

When they finally released them, they were very weak and that's very frustrating because in no time it will be bad graphics all over gen (pixelated lagfests). Heck if the ps4 was really that strong, i would have just bought one, since it has now party chat as well.

but no , an 8 core cpu that can't even match a fast dual core and a hd 7850 which is in todays standards pretty weak. Don't even start me on the xone, I think the difference is not that big with the ps4, but it is weaker, of something that's already weak.

and that simply pisses me off and I just want people to realize what a ripoff these consoles are. At least sony isn't as bad as ms, but it's still bad. It looks like they both said, hey we don't have any competition anyway, let's just sell em some crap. I can only hope nintendo brings the competition back in the game, because this is bad for us gamers. Sony and microsoft don't have any real competition and they both chose to rip off the consumer, microsoft even worse than sony.

#37 Posted by intotheminx (599 posts) -

Threads like this are part of the reason that this forum is *fart sound.*

#38 Posted by lostrib (36252 posts) -

Please understand.

Really? because they argue between themselves all the time about which console is more powerful

#39 Posted by Bigboi500 (29693 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@Bigboi500 said:

Please understand.

Really? because they argue between themselves all the time about which console is more powerful

SW posters are trolls, not real world console gamers. Real people who are console fans don't have a clue about that stuff.

#40 Posted by santoron (7719 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@Bigboi500 said:

Please understand.

... It's System Wars. People who like to argue come here to argue.

This place has zero to do with common behavior.

#41 Posted by Shielder7 (5152 posts) -
#42 Edited by Ballroompirate (22788 posts) -

#43 Posted by WallofTruth (1586 posts) -

@Blabadon said:

that's not the point, the point is you need liquid nitrogen to make the ps4's gpu run (a bit) faster than an 8 year old gpu in sli

If the graphics card is from 2008 then how is the PC and graphics card from 8 years ago? Just so you know, we live in 2014, not 2016.

#44 Posted by WallofTruth (1586 posts) -
@Heirren said:

1. But a PS4 can?

2. What Super Nintendo games can't be emulated on a modern PC?

#45 Posted by Cranler (8809 posts) -

3d mark score doesn't mean shit. 8800 gtx can't do dx11 so PS 4 wins easy.

#46 Posted by Chutebox (37067 posts) -

3 way sli, fuck sake haha. Get a life, bud.

#47 Posted by GotNugz (671 posts) -

But the gpu in the ps4 is faster than the 7850, also it's DX11, much faster memory, fillrate, shader power etc. This thread is dumb and you should feel bad.

#48 Posted by Gaming-Planet (14021 posts) -

3-way 8800 GTX.... -_-

No driver support from Nvidia, doesn't support Direct X 11+, uses ton of power.

#49 Edited by evildead6789 (7644 posts) -

@04dcarraher said:

From a cpu stand point the Q6600 even at stock clocks is slightly faster then the Console's available six cores. Now claiming three 8800GTX in SLI faster then the PS4's gpu is a bit far fetched, First off you never get full scaling with tri sli, and then 8800's are limited to dx10 based features such as Shader model 4. Then your limited by memory amounts and bandwidth. 7850 alone has nearly 2.5x higher pixel rate then a 8800 series, has 2.5x memory bandwidth let alone having over 2x the memory. Also for sheer shader processing power 7850 has over 3x the power. Lastly why are you using 3dmark06 as proof when in fact its only direct x 9 shader model 3 based. If you were to try one with Direct x 10 features the 7850 would cream that 8800 SLI, let alone dx 11 which the 8800 cant do.

I never said they were faster, i said they were about the same. All your numbers you're comparing with a single 8800 gtx . If you would have bothered to do your research before you came in you would not have said the things you said.

3d mark vantage dx 10 performance gives even a better image for the 8800 gtx in 3 way sli. If you would have looked at the sites that provided these numbers you would have known that. Dx 11 is something else, that is the hardware that is adapted to interact with the software. This is about sheer processing power. There is nothing you can't do with dx11 that you cannot do with dx 10. They could have easily implemented those api's in dx10.This is completely besides the point. After all this is a business, if it wasn't for dx11, a lot of people would still be rockin their dx 10 cards.

Even the memory bandwith can only do so much, so can the memory size. At 1080p it simply does nothing when you compare against the 8800 gtx in 3 way sli, and above that the hd 7850 is not viable at all. If you look at games that are on the ps4 , even a single 8800 gtx can already run the settings on max when combined with a good cpu. Or at least at the ps4's quality.

As for the cpu, the q6600 was basically an underclocked cpu, so stock clocks don't exactly show the right image here. Somebody that could setup as 3 way sli system back then (which isn't that hard) can easily overclock that cpu, it was a well known fact that the q6600 is a great overclocker.

#50 Posted by evildead6789 (7644 posts) -

@evildead6789 said:

@Blabadon said:

If the graphics card is from 2008 then how is the PC and graphics card from 8 years ago? Just so you know, we live in 2014, not 2016.

the graphics card , the 8800 gtx is from november 2006.

It was basically one of the biggest improvements in gpu manufacturing history. It simply doubled the processing power of the predecessor, the 7800 gtx. Which was very sad for the x360/ps3, because they were packing something similar (the x360 was the amd counterpart though, but still about the same performance)