AMD: ''Nvidia are full of sh*t and asshurt''

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 SaltyMeatballs
Member since 2009 • 25165 Posts

Sorry for my paraphrasing...

Nvidia have been talking a lot lately, AMD finally gave a response lol.

hZmfVkL.jpg

...And though Sony spent more time talking about the PS4's DualShock controller than AMD's chippy contributions at the conference, Neal Robison, director of ISV relations at AMD, was more than happy to lay it out for TechRadar.

"It's not just about an x86 solution, but it's about that Jaguar APU where it's a combination of the graphics and CPU together and being able to create something that's greater than just putting an x86 PC-like architecture together," Robison explained.

"[Sony's] approach - and they've said this publicly over the last couple of days here at GDC - was, 'We looked at some of the ways that we approached hardware in the past, and we wanted to improve.' And they looked at us as being able as being able to provide that."

AMD could provide an integrated solution through its APU that Nvidia couldn't, he continued, by optimizing information flows, generating greater performance, better power and heat efficiency, and by providing tools and dev relationships to provide the PS4 a strong launch.

In a recent interview with TechRadar, Nvidia's Tony Tamasi sized up the PS4's specs to "a low-end CPU, and a low- to mid-range GPU" when compared to gaming PCs. The console's innards, Tamasi said, are outdated even now, months before the PS4 launches during the 2013 holiday season.

"Well, of course they're going to do that," Robison said with a laugh when told of the comparison. "They're a little bitter."

"For us, really by looking at that APU that we designed, you can't pull out individual components off it and hold it up and say, 'Yeah, this compares to X or Y.'

"It's that integration of the two, and especially with the amount of shared memory [8GB of GDDR5, 176GB/s raw memory bandwidth] that Sony has chosen to put on that machine, then you're going to be able to do so much more moving and sharing that data that you can address by both sides.

Thanks to the Gaf for braking it down
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=532107
http://www.techradar.com/news/gaming/consoles/amd-on-the-ps4-we-gave-it-the-hardware-nvidia-couldn-t-1141607

Eddie-Vedder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Eddie-Vedder
Member since 2003 • 7810 Posts

That's pretty much what most of SW said too lol. SW ahead of the curve.

SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 SaltyMeatballs

That's pretty much what most of SW said too lol. SW ahead of the curve.

Eddie-Vedder
AMDoes what Nvidon't.
I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts
:cool: Nvidia butthurt confirmation.
Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

Coupled with the compute units having full functionality, the PS4 is a very well balanced design.  It's going to be quite interesting to see what direction that developers take this machine.

faizan_faizan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 faizan_faizan
Member since 2009 • 7869 Posts
"AMD could provide an integrated solution through its APU that Nvidia couldn't" Knew this would be the reason.
Avatar image for megaspiderweb09
megaspiderweb09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 megaspiderweb09
Member since 2009 • 3686 Posts

Nvidia, PhysX and all that mumbo jumbo can go choke

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52426 Posts
Hai TeeCee, thar ain't wut the artikle's sayin'
Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60712 Posts
"Well, of course they're going to do that," Robison said with a laugh when told of the comparison. "They're a little bitter." Butt hurt confirmed.
NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11793 Posts

nice bait title

they still haven't proved them wrong

SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 SaltyMeatballs

nice bait title

they still haven't proved them wrong

NoodleFighter

They explained why Sony went with AMD vs Nvidia, let's face it, if Nvidia was in the console business they wouldn't be talking as much sh*t.

Conclusion? Butthurt confirmed.

JohnF111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#12 JohnF111
Member since 2010 • 14190 Posts
Didn't some guys try to damage control the fact that nvidia are butt hurt? I remember a few people on here trying hard to say that they aren't butt hurt and all sorts of nonsense. They're butt hurt, deal with it.
ionusX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#13 ionusX
Member since 2009 • 25777 Posts

Didn't some guys try to damage control the fact that nvidia are butt hurt? I remember a few people on here trying hard to say that they aren't butt hurt and all sorts of nonsense. They're butt hurt, deal with it.JohnF111
i recommend jhnsons baby vasoline to keep the swelling down.

Zeviander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 Zeviander
Member since 2011 • 9503 Posts
Glad I bought an AMD/Radeon-based laptop.
MrYaotubo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15 MrYaotubo
Member since 2012 • 2884 Posts
Yeah,that´s exactly what they said :roll: And Nvidia is a much bigger and way more profitabe company than AMD,why would there be any butthurt is beyond me,unlike AMD,Nvidia is ablçe to be picky with contracts,that´s why they didn´t do any console builds,they don´t need to and they ask for way more than AMD,for AMD these console deals have been their saving grace and even with that Nvidia still is by far the most profitable company.
lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#16 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44557 Posts
It's obvious Nvidia is upset none of the big three went with them this coming gen, good for AMD for calling them out like this, I personally thought it was pretty obvious them being buttsore about it. It's quite obvious console gaming will never meet the potential over always evolving PC hardware, the fact Nvidia kept brining it up just shows how bitter they are. They had their chance, MS worked with them on the original Xbox having them making the GPUs and Nvidia screwed them. I'm not sure about the details of Nvidia's work with Sony on the PS3, but I heard it wasn't a great relationship. They burned their bridges with console makers, now it's AMD's turn, step aside Nvidia, and try not to turn into a bitter evil super villain in the meantime.
kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 kuraimen
Member since 2010 • 28078 Posts
[QUOTE="Heil68"]"Well, of course they're going to do that," Robison said with a laugh when told of the comparison. "They're a little bitter." Butt hurt confirmed.

MFDOOM1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 MFDOOM1983
Member since 2010 • 8465 Posts
Nvidia has been posting record profits and AMD is hemorrhaging money. Butthurt?
osirisx3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 osirisx3
Member since 2012 • 2113 Posts

nvidia was right about the cpu but the gpu is decent.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts
Meh, does doesn't take away the fact that Nvidia are walking over AMD in the graphics card wars.
Nanomage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Nanomage
Member since 2011 • 2371 Posts

Not only that´s not what AMD said at all but there´s also no reason for Nvidia to be butthurt since they´re by far the most sucessfull company of the two,and AMD has only been sinking even lower.

There´s a reason why they had to grab this console deal at any price and Nvidia on the other hand has the ability to choose,so if sony or ms didn´t pay the money they wanted,screw them. AMD cannot be picky and has to go with any offer.

faizan_faizan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 faizan_faizan
Hai TeeCee, thar ain't wut the artikle's sayin'  freedomfreak
This as well.
Kaszilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Kaszilla
Member since 2011 • 1841 Posts
Still doesnt change the fact that the PS4 is low-end.
timbers_WSU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#24 timbers_WSU
Member since 2012 • 6076 Posts

Well of course they will take shots at each other. That is what rival companies supposed to do. I doubt Nvidia is butthurt. They are way bigger at this point. Then again most of System Wars thinks Microsoft is butthurt when they could buy Sony, hostile takeover if they wanted tomorrow.

faizan_faizan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 faizan_faizan
Fail thread is a fail.
Nanomage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Nanomage
Member since 2011 • 2371 Posts

Well of course they will take shots at each other. That is what rival companies supposed to do. I doubt Nvidia is butthurt. They are way bigger at this point. Then again most of System Wars thinks Microsoft is butthurt when they could buy Sony, hostile takeover if they wanted tomorrow.

timbers_WSU

They couldn´t even if they wanted to because sony is a japanese company and there´s laws in japan that prevent that from happening,so even if MS wants it very much it won´t happen,ever.

xgamer401

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 xgamer401
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
interesting, they don't say anything about nvidia being false
PC_Otter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 PC_Otter
Member since 2010 • 1623 Posts
Still doesnt change the fact that the PS4 is low-end.Kaszilla
.................it's graphics are more medium-high.
Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

technically if you're gonna use quotation amrks in the title it should be an exact quote. Not paraphrasing poorly. Otherwise isn't that slanderous or something? 

Avatar image for HaloinventedFPS
HaloinventedFPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 HaloinventedFPS
Member since 2010 • 4738 Posts

I don't like either of them, especially not Nvidia since they keep Physx & CUDA Nvidia only, which screws over a heap of PC gamers

but Nvidia were right, PS4 isn't a high end PC for $400

balfe1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 balfe1990
Member since 2009 • 6747 Posts

technically if you're gonna use quotation amrks in the title it should be an exact quote. Not paraphrasing poorly. Otherwise isn't that slanderous or something? 

seanmcloughlin

somehow I doubt the internet police are trawling SWs. 

dramaybaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 dramaybaz
Member since 2005 • 6020 Posts
Integrated solution..
Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

balfe1990

somehow I doubt the internet police are trawling SWs. 

They're alays around DUN DUN DUNNNNN

Timbury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Timbury
Member since 2005 • 552 Posts
Butthurt? While posting record profits? While AMD hemorrhage money. If it wasn't for the purchase of ATi would they be in an even worse state?
SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 SaltyMeatballs

seanmcloughlin
I learned that from the best (Games journalists) ...
cfisher2833

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 cfisher2833
Member since 2011 • 2150 Posts

[QUOTE="timbers_WSU"]

Nanomage

They couldn´t even if they wanted to because sony is a japanese company and there´s laws in japan that prevent that from happening,so even if MS wants it very much it won´t happen,ever.

Money talks and corporate laws are easily broken when enough money is thrown around. Just look at News Corp; whenever they want to buy some newspaper or news station, but regulations prevent them, they just throw around some money and get waivers. 

04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 04dcarraher
Member since 2004 • 23829 Posts

all this apu 8 gigs of gddr5 and better communication, all this magic powahhhhhhhhh 

The time has come to start showing instead of talking.      Sounds just like the console tards, "OPTIMIZATION".  Yet we see no evidence of optimization beating 8800 gt's in performance. None what so ever yet ps3 and 8800gt released same time.       

-Unreal engine 4 proved that ps4 is weaker than pc version 

All the other demos were ran off the pc at the ps4 press realease.  No hardware was shown.

No doubt ps4 has good graphics, but dont make the mistake to compare it to high end pc. 

lunar1122
that was the 8800GTX not the GT in 2006. The point is that it does not matter if the PS4's 8 core APU has GDDR5 or matters that its gpu is slightly faster then a AMD 7850. Fact is that the cpu is low end no if ands or buts.... Any modern quad core cpu at 3ghz will be able to out process it by leaps and bounds. And the 7850 is a mid tier gpu in AMD 7000's line up, and Nvidia and AMD have gpu's that spank that type of gpu.
cfisher2833

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 cfisher2833
Member since 2011 • 2150 Posts

I don't like either of them, especially not Nvidia since they keep Physx & CUDA Nvidia only, which screws over a heap of PC gamers

but Nvidia were right, PS4 isn't a high end PC for $400

HaloinventedFPS

Just wondering, but where do people keep getting the idea that the PS4 will be $400? Sony isn't in a position to take a huge loss for each console sold, and considering the WiiU (which we all know is a weak as hell system) retails for $350, I just don't get where people are getting this figure. I could maybe see the  low end version of the 720 retailing for $400 if it is indeed weaker than the PS4, but the idea that the PS4 will be $400 just seems like wishful thinking. I would at least expect the low end version to retail for $500 and the higher end one to retail for $600. 

Did you guys get this figure from Pachter or something!? :lol:

Avatar image for StrongBlackVine
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 StrongBlackVine
Member since 2012 • 13262 Posts

timbers_WSU

Unemployed moron confirmed.

-Snooze-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 -Snooze-
Member since 2009 • 7304 Posts

In the console market, the lowest bidder provides the hardware. Take that for what you will.

However take into account. Nvidia are financially sound, with tons of profits, and this, can pick and choose who they work for and at what price.

AMD, as good as they are, are insecure financally and thus, must take whatever they can get.

Chrome-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#42 Chrome-
Member since 2009 • 1744 Posts
Nvidia butthurt continuation
blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts
:cool: Nvidia butthurt confirmation.I_can_haz
Everyone's butthurt. That's why they are all doing damage control for their products. It's pretty hilarious.
blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts
Still doesnt change the fact that the PS4 is low-end.Kaszilla
The fact that both AMD and Sony are both in the red and needing money badly should make this next-gen very interesting.
ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 ChubbyGuy40
Member since 2007 • 26442 Posts

Lol AMD damage control for getting called out. Nvidia has and always will be master race.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26645 Posts

The thread title is misleading. AMD never said Nvidia was full of sh*t or anything of the sort.

The interview is odd, also. Why are some sentences in quotes and some arent, yet written like they should be? Something smells fishy about this article.

Avatar image for StrongBlackVine
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 StrongBlackVine
Member since 2012 • 13262 Posts

[QUOTE="Kaszilla"]Still doesnt change the fact that the PS4 is low-end.blackace
The fact that both AMD and Sony are both in the red and needing money badly should make this next-gen very interesting.

So why did M$ go with AMD?

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

[QUOTE="blackace"][QUOTE="Kaszilla"]Still doesnt change the fact that the PS4 is low-end.StrongBlackVine

So why did M$ go with AMD?

Given the end of the Xbox....
Mrmedia01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Mrmedia01
Member since 2007 • 1917 Posts

Nvidia hahahahahaahaha.ButtHurt all the way.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

Nvidia, PhysX and all that mumbo jumbo can go choke

megaspiderweb09

Intel's Havok Physics GPU (AMD GCN) demo on PS4 from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPnwmsTokso

" A high resolution look at Havok Physics technology demonstrated at Sony's live event in New York. This demo shows a million particle real-time physics simulation running on the GPU of the Playstation 4."

Intel is making sure NVIDIA PhysX dies.