AMD: next-gen consoles already on the drawing board

• 86 results
#1 Posted by ionusX (25715 posts) -
#2 Edited by jhonMalcovich (4542 posts) -

Lol. Kinda too soon. So MS and Sony already recognizing that current gen consoles will be a failed gen.

#3 Edited by bublover1 (129 posts) -

Lol. Kinda too soon.

Microsoft is incapable of committing to a product unless it's an instant success.

I feel sorry for the Xbone guys. Support will be cut in under 2 years.

#4 Posted by MonsieurX (29569 posts) -

Why would anyone be surprised?

It's always like this

#5 Posted by nethernova (4081 posts) -

They are always in development. Do you think those people just sit on their asses for a year when a system has been released?

#6 Posted by chikenfriedrice (9900 posts) -

@jhonMalcovich said:

Lol. Kinda too soon.

Microsoft is incapable of committing to a product unless it's an instant success.

Yet they still support the 360

#7 Posted by lostrib (34657 posts) -

@jhonMalcovich said:

Lol. Kinda too soon.

"next gen consoles are already on their respective company drawing boards"

As in, both companies are already looking at the next product

#8 Posted by MonsieurX (29569 posts) -

@jhonMalcovich said:

Lol. Kinda too soon.

Sure thing,if you say so.

#9 Posted by bublover1 (129 posts) -

@bublover1 said:
@jhonMalcovich said:

Lol. Kinda too soon.

360 is somewhat of a success.

I'm talking about the Xbone, which is currently selling far lower than the 360 is.

Microsoft is gonna throw a temper-tantrum and say that this gen doesn't count.

I play games with my sister and when I own her ass, she throws a hissy fit and claims that that round doesn't count. Microsoft is doing the same thing.

Now look at SONY. PS3 was a disaster when it first arrived. Did SONY act like a baby and cry about how "unfair" it is? No, they stuck with their product until the end. MS is a cancer in the gaming industry and they must leave for the benefit of all gamers.

#10 Posted by bublover1 (129 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@bublover1 said:
@jhonMalcovich said:

Lol. Kinda too soon.

SONY will wait until at least 6 years.

Microsoft is rushing for a 2016 release. What a bunch of babies.

#11 Posted by lostrib (34657 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@bublover1 said:
@jhonMalcovich said:

Lol. Kinda too soon.

Prove it

#12 Posted by madskills6117 (4023 posts) -

My guess is that this gen will last about 5 years. To me it doesn't come as a surprise that they next thing is already on the drawing board.

#13 Posted by daveg1 (20330 posts) -

they have always started working on the next console as soon the current one releases..nothing new here.

besies its not too soon since these consoles were released under powered compared to what they should have been..they should def return to a 5 year life cycle.

#14 Posted by osan0 (12633 posts) -

perfectly normal.

a shorter gen also makes sense. last gen went on too long. a gen should only be 5-6 years.

just seems to be MS and sony though with this announcement.

nintendo, of course, are also in the process of making their next console. could it be Nvidia/ARM based?

#15 Posted by lostrib (34657 posts) -

@chikenfriedrice said:

@bublover1 said:
@jhonMalcovich said:

Lol. Kinda too soon.

I'm talking about the Xbone, which is currently selling far lower than the 360 is.

I play games with my sister and when I own her ass, she throws a hissy fit and claims that that round doesn't count. Microsoft is doing the same thing.

Now look at SONY. PS3 was a disaster when it first arrived. Did SONY act like a baby and cry about how "unfair" it is? No, they stuck with their product until the end. MS is a cancer in the gaming industry and they must leave for the benefit of all gamers.

You sound like a cancer

#16 Posted by wis3boi (31118 posts) -

it's gonna be a short gen I think anyways. They pushed out some rather weak hardware

#17 Posted by MonsieurX (29569 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@bublover1 said:
@jhonMalcovich said:

Lol. Kinda too soon.

Link just said they already started

lolz

#18 Posted by chikenfriedrice (9900 posts) -

@chikenfriedrice said:

@bublover1 said:
@jhonMalcovich said:

Lol. Kinda too soon.

The X1 has outpaced the 360 in sales in the first 6 months so far.

And without MS there would be no competition and we all know what happens when one company rules all.

#19 Edited by NFJSupreme (5155 posts) -

No shit. Once something is released by a company they immediately start developing the new version. You think these companies just sit there twiddling their thumbs for four years? This really isn't exactly a profound statement. I already knew this was happening. This is how you release products on time.

#20 Posted by kinectthedots (1629 posts) -

MS would love an early new start to a generation, Sony not so much. Personally I hope this gen lasts at least 7 years. This year almost doesn't even count as we have got next to nothing as far as content for out new generation.

#21 Edited by DJ_Headshot (6178 posts) -

Not surprising that there already in early planning stages for there next console they don't just decide at the last few months before release what kind of console to release. And a shorter life span then last gen should be expected both consoles are packing relatively weak hardware this time around especially the Xbox One compared to last gen. If they where aiming for another 7-8 year cycle we would have seen consoles with 3-4 Teraflop gpu's in them at least if not 4-5 but thats not the case.

#22 Posted by blackace (20289 posts) -

Lol. Kinda too soon. So MS and Sony already recognizing that current gen consoles will be a failed gen.

Not really. This generation will last at least 5-6 yrs minimum. I can see Nintendo releasing a new console within the next 2 years, but Sony & M$ won't. If they do decided to release a new console after 6yrs, I hope they make it upgradable like a PC. Then gamers will just need to buy a more power card with CPU/GPU/RAM etc on it and shove it into the system. Game consoles will never be far from PC specs again.

#23 Posted by lostrib (34657 posts) -

@blackace said:
@jhonMalcovich said:

Not really. This generation will last at least 5-6 yrs minimum. I can see Nintendo releasing a new console within the next 2 years, but Sony & M$ won't. If they do decided to release a new console after 6yrs, I hope they make it upgradable like a PC. Then gamers will just need to buy a more power card with CPU/GPU/RAM etc on it and shove it into the system. Game consoles will never be far from PC specs again.

pretty sure they'll never make it an upgradeable system. More likely they'll try to move toward streaming gaming

#24 Posted by B4X (3643 posts) -
#25 Posted by cantloginnow (103 posts) -

@chikenfriedrice said:

@bublover1 said:
@jhonMalcovich said:

Lol. Kinda too soon.

There is so much wrong here.You should feel embarrassed.

#26 Posted by blackace (20289 posts) -
@jhonMalcovich said:

Lol. Kinda too soon.

I feel sorry for clueless trolls like yourself who are always wrong. lol!! XBox One will be around long past 2 years. The XBox 360 is in its 9th year and still getting exclusives like Horizon 2, Fable Anniversary and probably Halo 2 Anniversary as well.

#27 Edited by -CC- (1889 posts) -

@chikenfriedrice said:

And without MS there would be no competition and we all know what happens when one company rules all.

I know right? That PS2 era was just so bad for gamers. I have never heard someone say the PS2 was a good system or anything.

#28 Posted by glez13 (8679 posts) -

Isn't it like this every gen? I remember that the first 360 prototype was leaked like in 2003 and had something similar to a Radeon 9800Pro. Once they release a system they always start planning for the next one.

#29 Edited by magicalclick (22454 posts) -

PS3 has shorter life span before PS4 comes out. So, I am not surprised Sony is looking to shorten the life even more. They still has no upcoming PS3 games announced for this year. They already dropped the balls on PS3. I wouldn't surprise they dropped the balls early on PS4.

#30 Posted by Shewgenja (8475 posts) -

@bublover1 said:
@jhonMalcovich said:

Lol. Kinda too soon.

Bro, let's be honest here. They haven't given the 360 meaningful support since like 2011. Who the hell do you think you're fooling?

#31 Posted by sam890 (1094 posts) -

No shit, they can barely achieve 1080p60fps. Oh wait gameplay is the only thing that matters :3

#32 Posted by Bishop1310 (989 posts) -

stop whining you babies and get a real job so you can actually afford said systems..

Generations shouldn't be more then 5 years.. 5 years max after that the hardware is so damn old its a joke..

That being said if we have shorter gens but full backward compatibility then there would be nothing to complain about.

Bring on the short gens! Stop being pussies.

#33 Posted by Animal-Mother (26555 posts) -

@bublover1 said:
@jhonMalcovich said:

Lol. Kinda too soon.

What with one retail game a year?

#34 Edited by Suppaman100 (3778 posts) -

@bublover1 said:
@jhonMalcovich said:

Lol. Kinda too soon.

Lol when was the last time 360 got a good exclusive?

LOL, 360 is dead and abandoned by MS.

#35 Posted by B4X (3643 posts) -

Article pulled?

#36 Posted by YearoftheSnake5 (7214 posts) -

@b4x said:

Article pulled?

Exactly my thoughts. Page not found.

#37 Edited by B4X (3643 posts) -

@b4x said:

Article pulled?

Someone put the smack down.

#38 Edited by darkangel115 (1508 posts) -

@chikenfriedrice said:

@bublover1 said:
@jhonMalcovich said:

Lol. Kinda too soon.

except the XO is selling much more then the 360 to this point. Then MS lost a ton of money by extending out the RROD warranty by like 4 years. and it launched a year earlier then the PS3 and is still being supported

#39 Posted by Salt_The_Fries (8376 posts) -

@bublover1 said:
@jhonMalcovich said:

Lol. Kinda too soon.

Leave the fecal matter alone. Don't let it stink.

#40 Posted by chikenfriedrice (9900 posts) -

@chikenfriedrice said:

@bublover1 said:
@jhonMalcovich said:

Lol. Kinda too soon.

Bro, let's be honest here. They haven't given the 360 meaningful support since like 2011. Who the hell do you think you're fooling?

What are you talking about? Titanfall, Forza Horizon 2 etc

#41 Posted by BldgIrsh (1651 posts) -

Glad I didn't purchase one then. They are already turning into a tragic gen. Delayed games, sub-par resolution, subscription for online...

#42 Posted by darkangel115 (1508 posts) -

@chikenfriedrice said:

@bublover1 said:
@jhonMalcovich said:

Lol. Kinda too soon.

Leave the fecal matter alone. Don't let it stink.

I also have to laugh about the "unless its a success" because they just made a surface 3 pro and the surface has not been a success and neither was the zune and that stuck around for a long time

#43 Posted by leandrro (807 posts) -

whats the draing board for?

you got a PC CPU

PC GPU

PC hard disk drive

PC bluray drive

PC memory modules

PC ports

PC connections

PC tech motherboard with pci-e controllers memory controllers...

underclock them (a lot)

put then inside a cheap plastic case

done, thats your nex next gen console

#44 Posted by Shewgenja (8475 posts) -

@Shewgenja said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

@bublover1 said:
@jhonMalcovich said:

Lol. Kinda too soon.

Titanfall was EA :s

#45 Posted by HaloinventedFPS (4713 posts) -

No way, these consoles are going to last 10 years, we won't see new consoles before 2020, both MS & Sony want a 10 year lifespan

#46 Posted by chikenfriedrice (9900 posts) -

@chikenfriedrice said:

@Shewgenja said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

@bublover1 said:
@jhonMalcovich said:

Lol. Kinda too soon.

Titanfall was EA :s

So? Games are still being released on the 360 and updates and apps

#47 Posted by sSubZerOo (43082 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@bublover1 said:
@jhonMalcovich said:

Lol. Kinda too soon.

Let's say they were, what makes them babies? Are you like 10, is that how you see business decisions as emotional outbursts?

#48 Posted by cainetao11 (16913 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@bublover1 said:
@jhonMalcovich said:

Lol. Kinda too soon.

The only one crying is you. Unless you have factual quotes to back up these claims.

#49 Posted by NFJSupreme (5155 posts) -

God some of you are either stupid or 10.

#50 Posted by blackace (20289 posts) -
@b4x said:

@YearoftheSnake5 said:

@b4x said:

Article pulled?

Someone put the smack down.

Right. Someone made up a bogus article me thinks. Even if Sony, Nintendo and Microsoft are working on new consoles, that doesn't mean the current ones are going anywhere anytime soon. Like I said, minimum 5-6 years these systems will be on the market.