Amazon takes dig at Microsoft and Xbox One

• 174 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Mr-Kutaragi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Mr-Kutaragi
Member since 2013 • 2466 Posts

lol not long ago lem were hoping Amazon to buy xbox brand from MS. TLHBO

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

@Mr-Kutaragi said:

No you idiot, cows were the ones saying that. I don't think any lem actually believed MS would ever sell the XBox brand.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@chikenfriedrice said:

@tormentos said:
@chikenfriedrice said:

Yes paying 90$ for Amazon Prime and it's lame tv/movie library and 1 book a month is way better.

Yeah because that is the same as what MS is doing since when Netflix give you access to series free.? You have to pay a membership and cost $8 dollars a months than $95 a year just 4 less dollars than Amazon,MS charge you for apps that every one get free even on cell phones.

Is not even close to be the same.

Idk what you said

Oh i am sure you do please another crappy ass irrelevant comparison you want to make about amazon.?

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 tormentos
@FoxbatAlpha said:

Yeah because the only reason you pay $60 a year on XBOX is to watch Netflix . P don't be this ignorant.

Every one knows that fact still stand if you only want netflix you have to pay $60 either way,no other platform or device that runs netflix does that.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#55  Edited By Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

@kuu2 said:

Amazon has totally missed the boat by throwing up that quote from a customer. I don't know a single person who purchased an Xbox to play Amazon/Netflix/Hulu. Those are all side features that are included in the ecosystem.

How is this relevant again?

It's relevant because hiding features that you pay for behind a paywall is scummy and shitty.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#56 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12060 Posts

@Mr-Kutaragi said:

Man I love Cows...............

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By kuu2

@Animal-Mother said:

@kuu2 said:

Amazon has totally missed the boat by throwing up that quote from a customer. I don't know a single person who purchased an Xbox to play Amazon/Netflix/Hulu. Those are all side features that are included in the ecosystem.

It's relevant because hiding features that you pay for behind a paywall is scummy and shitty.

Please, LIVE is for gameplaying, and Amazon is framing this as if the Xbox is for their service. It is laughable.................

Amazon in essence is saying that instead of paying for LIVE for our service you can buy another device to play our service.

Scummy is a opinion you have for sure but LIVE is not for Amazon mainly. The whole topic is down right foolish.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Animal-Mother

@kuu2 said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@kuu2 said:

Please, LIVE is for gameplaying, and Amazon is framing this as if the Xbox is for their service. It is laughable.................

Amazon in essence is saying that instead of paying for LIVE for our service you can buy another device to play our service.

Scummy is a opinion you have for sure but LIVE is not for Amazon mainly. The whole topic is down right foolish.

It's still relevant to the whole war between systems. If you're hiding features behind a pay wall it counts. Regardless of how you spin it lems heralded Xbox one as this all in one media device that's so much better than PS4 because it has all these extra features.

I hate to sound like an ass hat in this thread. But this exists...... http://www.joystiq.com/2012/03/27/xbox-360-used-more-for-video-and-music-apps-than-for-gaming/ It's real.

It's real that people use it for media how much? We honestly don't know. And While yes I can see your sentiment that this thing will probably be a dumping ground for shitty android games XBOX hides features that you pay for behind a paywall. Plain and simple. Sony doesn't do this, Nintendo doesn't do this, MS doesn't charge you extra to run subscription services on desktops..... So why Xbox. Why is stuff that's free for everyone ( aside from the subscription) and readily accessible behind a pay wall on a console? Live isn't scummy it's a great service. Now hiding shit behind a paywall that's scummy.

Edit the article I posted proves LIVE just isn't for gameplaying. If you want netflix and music and video rentals. You need LIVE to do it. While these are secondary features they're still selling points of live.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

@tormentos said:
@FoxbatAlpha said:

Yeah because the only reason you pay $60 a year on XBOX is to watch Netflix . P don't be this ignorant.

Every one knows that fact still stand if you only want netflix you have to pay $60 either way,no other platform or device that runs netflix does that.

I pay $60 for the best online gaming service. Dont be mad you still game in the dark ages.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

@Mr-Kutaragi said:

Are you on something? No one ever wanted that - maybe you COWS did, but not any lemmings.

Cows - the stupidest of fanboys.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 StormyJoe

@tormentos said:
@FoxbatAlpha said:

Again... who gives a crap? No one signs up for XBL to watch movies on Netflix.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Animal-Mother

Secondary note if Xbox lives primary focus is for online game playing as you so state. Why does the website state "HD Movies, TV shows, Live events, Music and sports. Along with premiere entertainment apps"......

You may think that it's for game playing but microsoft seems to have their focus a bit more focused towards media. I mean hell they mention XBL being the most "exciting social entertainment network" Dafuq is that shit.

Meanwhile Look at PSNs front page.INSTANTLY about the games

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 kuu2

@Animal-Mother said:

@kuu2 said:

@Animal-Mother said:

It's still relevant to the whole war between systems. If you're hiding features behind a pay wall it counts. Regardless of how you spin it lems heralded Xbox one as this all in one media device that's so much better than PS4 because it has all these extra features.

I hate to sound like an ass hat in this thread. But this exists...... http://www.joystiq.com/2012/03/27/xbox-360-used-more-for-video-and-music-apps-than-for-gaming/ It's real.

It's real that people use it for media how much anymore. We honestly don't know. And While yes I can see your sentiment that this thing will probably be a dumping ground for shitty android games MS hides features that you pay for behind a paywall. Plain and simple. Sony doesn't do this, Nintendo doesn't do this, MS doesn't charge you extra to run subscription services on desktops..... So why Xbox. Why is stuff that's free for everyone ( aside from the subscription) and readily accessible behind a pay wall on a console? Live isn't scummy it's a great service. Now hiding shit behind a paywall that's scummy.

From your article..........

"What we're seeing is that people are turning on the Xbox to play games and then keeping it on afterwards to get other types of entertainment," Yusuf Mehdi.

LIVE came long before Netflix/Amazon streaming and Sony and Nintendo were both way late to the party. And neither of them had a good interface for streaming right off the bat. While the playing field has evened out in quality terms there is no reason to decouple the services at this point in MSofts LIVE lifecycle. It serves absolutely no purpose and my whole point was that Amazon bringing this up as some sales point is ludicrous. No one is walking into buy a console and pay for online services and say man I hope that they include Amazon in their gaming online system.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Animal-Mother

@kuu2 said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@kuu2 said:

@Animal-Mother said:

It's real that people use it for media how much anymore. We honestly don't know. And While yes I can see your sentiment that this thing will probably be a dumping ground for shitty android games MS hides features that you pay for behind a paywall. Plain and simple. Sony doesn't do this, Nintendo doesn't do this, MS doesn't charge you extra to run subscription services on desktops..... So why Xbox. Why is stuff that's free for everyone ( aside from the subscription) and readily accessible behind a pay wall on a console? Live isn't scummy it's a great service. Now hiding shit behind a paywall that's scummy.

"What we're seeing is that people are turning on the Xbox to play games and then keeping it on afterwards to get other types of entertainment," Yusuf Mehdi.

LIVE came long before Netflix/Amazon streaming and Sony and Nintendo were both way late to the party. And neither of them had a good interface for streaming right off the bat. While the playing field has evened out in quality terms there is no reason to decouple the services at this point in MSofts LIVE lifecycle. It serves absolutely no purpose and my whole point was that Amazon bringing this up as some sales point is ludicrous. No one is walking into buy a console and pay for online services and say man I hope that they include Amazon in their gaming online system.

Cool I can cherry pick lines too.

More than half of the time people spend on Xbox Live is devoted to watching videos and listening to music, Microsoft's Yusuf Mehdi told the Los Angeles Times.

Also it is a selling point unfortunately in a corporate world. Also when you're competition.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 kuu2

@Animal-Mother said:

@kuu2 said:

More than half of the time people spend on Xbox Live is devoted to watching videos and listening to music, Microsoft's Yusuf Mehdi told the Los Angeles Times.

Its not picking the line it is saying that people are playing games and using the console for other things as well. It is exactly like I am saying the other things are on the side no one is buying the Xbox for streaming regardless of what it is being used for when it gets in the house. I am one person in a family of 6, of course it will be used more for other things than gaming. Would I have purchased an Xbox without gaming????? Nope.

This is exactly why The One appeals to more people in my house than a PS4 would.

inb4uall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 inb4uall
Member since 2012 • 6564 Posts

@Animal-Mother said:

@inb4uall said:

@kuu2 said:

Competition is always good.

That being said I don't pay the Live amount to watch Netflix, Amazon, or any other movie service. I pay to play games and because it is the best online service ever created for a console.

No, you pay because you are easily scammed out of your money.

XBL isn't a scam. Nobody is tricking you, nobody is forcing you and nobody is swindling you. It's not even required to own the console or play games (albeit online).

You call it what you want. I'm bottom line is it's incredibly poor value for your money.

Solid_Max13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#68  Edited By Solid_Max13
Member since 2006 • 3596 Posts

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@misterpmedia said:

Lol burn

"You cannot access your Netflix account without paying $60 a year Xbox Live subscription fee. Not really sure who is going to pay $60 a year for a service they are already paying for".

MS can't catch a break, sly digs left and right. Just need some from Nintendo now.

You mean Sony? You need to pay for Playstation Network to have watch movies.

I just new gif for you :)

LOL what a moron!!

OhSnapitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 OhSnapitz
Member since 2002 • 19282 Posts

In order to access any premium content on Amazon, you'll need amazon prime.. which is $70+ a year..

slaves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#70 slaves
Member since 2004 • 1443 Posts

I like Amazon's official description on the Fire TV. It does seem like they are coming out swinging with the comments toward everyone.

"Amazon Fire TV is a tiny box that connects your HDTV to a world of online entertainment. With a huge selection of TV episodes and movies, voice search that actually works, plus exclusive features like ASAP and Amazon FreeTime, it’s the easiest way to enjoy Netflix, Prime Instant Video, Hulu Plus, low-cost movie rentals, music, photos, games, and more."

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Animal-Mother

@inb4uall said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@inb4uall said:

@kuu2 said:

That being said I don't pay the Live amount to watch Netflix, Amazon, or any other movie service. I pay to play games and because it is the best online service ever created for a console.

XBL isn't a scam. Nobody is tricking you, nobody is forcing you and nobody is swindling you. It's not even required to own the console or play games (albeit online).

You call it what you want. I'm bottom line is it's incredibly poor value for your money.

That's the word. Value. You can perceive it as low as a value as you want. But it's anything but a scam.,

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Animal-Mother

@kuu2 said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@kuu2 said:

Its not picking the line it is saying that people are playing games and using the console for other things as well. It is exactly like I am saying the other things are on the side no one is buying the Xbox for streaming regardless of what it is being used for when it gets in the house. I am one person in a family of 6, of course it will be used more for other things than gaming. Would I have purchased an Xbox without gaming????? Nope.

This is exactly why The One appeals to more people in my house than a PS4 would.

Great. It still proves that 360 owners spent more then half their time media surfing rather than gaming. Also your logic makes 0 sense. The PS4 would apply to people who game, wanna watch, download and etc for a full house. I NEVER said people bought these systems just for streaming. But the comment is still relevant to the big picture no matter how you wanna spin it, it's a solid swing at a competitor that makes apps unusable for a user unless they pay for ANOTHER service. Which no other competitor does.

"More than half of the time"

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#73 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

@FreedomFreeLife: Doesn't own a PS4 confirmed.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#74 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13659 Posts

This from the company that wasted money on Double Helix. They aren't even competing with MS, what's the point?

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By kuu2

@HalcyonScarlet said:

This from the company that wasted money on Double Helix. They aren't even competing with MS, what's the point?

Double Helix is a fine dev and I wish MSoft would have made the purchase if they were up for sale.

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12181 Posts

Goodbye Vita!

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 HalcyonScarlet
@kuu2 said:

@HalcyonScarlet said:

Double Helix is a fine dev and I wish MSoft would have made the purchase if they were up for sale.

They really aren't. The only reason Killer Instinct is good on the X1, is because of the close supervision of Ken Lobb (who originally worked on the series and who works for MS). Killer Instinct will continue to be awesome with the new developer Iron Galaxy Studios. They'll be even better as they have a history porting/developing fighting games such as SF3 Online Edition.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 kuu2

@HalcyonScarlet said:
@kuu2 said:

@HalcyonScarlet said:

They really aren't. The only reason Killer Instinct is good on the X1, is because of the close supervision of Ken Lobb (who originally worked on the series and who works for MS). Killer Instinct will continue to be awesome with the new developer Iron Galaxy Studios. They'll be even better as they have a history porting/developing fighting games such as SF3 Online Edition.

We will see. I have a feeling they will produce something special for Amazon for a budget price.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 HalcyonScarlet
@kuu2 said:

@HalcyonScarlet said:
@kuu2 said:

@HalcyonScarlet said:

We will see. I have a feeling they will produce something special for Amazon for a budget price.

I don't know, check out their past games on Wikipedia, it's a pretty horrendous list. The only good game they've worked on is KI and that was with hand holding.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#80  Edited By misterpmedia
Member since 2013 • 6209 Posts

@kuu2 said:

@misterpmedia said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@inb4uall said:

@kuu2 said:

It's not a scam no, I think it just comes down to the subjective concept of value....and of course being informed which the average mass consumer isn't. XBL does corner off some strange things that would make raise that one eyebrow in bewilderment.

It is not a scam, and it has nothing to do with awareness. Amazon being behind Xbox LIVE paywall is a non issue because no one buys Live because of the streaming features as the main reason. If you have LIVE it is to play games online as its main use period. Now there are certain things that are included with LIVE but those are just sprinkles on the sunday not the ice cream.

It has lots to do with awareness, sometimes you can reel down the things you can't do with the console without having live to an Xbox gamer and you'll be surprised what reaction you get. Lol I'm glad you know what every Xbox gamer does with his/her console, jeez /s. Speaking in absolutes only highlights bias and doesn't further the point at all. I've see comments where people have let their live run dry by jumping ship to only come back to their 360 just to use some simple features, out of convenience, like the browser and have themselves locked out? Yo, you need gold for that! Lol I mean come on. People are definitely re-analysing it because now PSN can go toe to toe in features, what's left to differentiate?(inb4: boring stability retorts) Not to mention more value, and people can stop when they want to stop and still be able to use most of the console when it's done. WOWZA, fancy that, aye? Maybe you forgot about those people who may not be able to afford next months live for what ever reason(inb4: but it's only like $$$) or may consider stopping it for what ever reason and want to feel comfortable that without live their console isn't a featureless brick....which it would be.....

@Scipio8 said:

This only shows they see the Xbox as the competition, they know Sony is just dead man walking

@StormyJoe said:

@misterpmedia: Because there are just so many people out there who pay for Xbox Live so that they can use Netflix...

Again, lems seem to know a whole lot about every Xbox owner. Need to know where this hub of information can be accessed, hivemind? The sarcasm is there but it's probably true ;) and you couldn't deny it, you can still play games offline you know :P. The "you have to pay to play online anyway" retort is just laughable because you are the perfect MS customer(take that as a compliment or insult, up to you lol), that's the drone argument but maybe that's Stockholm syndrome setting in. It only gets you so far. Doesn't matter if you pay to play games online we're talking about what MS sneakily corners off in the process. inb4: PSN equivalent argument.

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Seeing a common theme here. The hivemind is strong. Shitbat, fight me irl.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 misterpmedia

@Animal-Mother said:

Secondary note if Xbox lives primary focus is for online game playing as you so state. Why does the website state "HD Movies, TV shows, Live events, Music and sports. Along with premiere entertainment apps"......

You may think that it's for game playing but microsoft seems to have their focus a bit more focused towards media. I mean hell they mention XBL being the most "exciting social entertainment network" Dafuq is that shit.

Meanwhile Look at PSNs front page.INSTANTLY about the games

*standing ovation* Hook, line and sinker.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 kuu2

@misterpmedia said:

@kuu2 said:

It is not a scam, and it has nothing to do with awareness. Amazon being behind Xbox LIVE paywall is a non issue because no one buys Live because of the streaming features as the main reason. If you have LIVE it is to play games online as its main use period. Now there are certain things that are included with LIVE but those are just sprinkles on the sunday not the ice cream.

It has lots to do with awareness, sometimes you can reel down the things you can't do with the console without having live to an Xbox gamer and you'll be surprised what reaction you get. Lol I'm glad you know what every Xbox gamer does with his/her console, jeez /s. Speaking in absolutes only highlights bias and doesn't further the point at all. I've see comments where people have let their live run dry by jumping ship to only come back to their 360 just to use some simple features, out of convenience, like the browser and have themselves locked out? Yo, you need gold for that! Lol I mean come on. People are definitely re-analysing it because now PSN can go toe to toe in features, what's left to differentiate?(inb4: boring stability retorts) Not to mention more value, and people can stop when they want to stop and still be able to use most of the console when it's done. WOWZA, fancy that, aye? Maybe you forgot about those people who may not be able to afford next months live for what ever reason(inb4: but it's only like $$$) or may consider stopping it for what ever reason and want to feel comfortable that without live their console isn't a featureless brick....which it would be.....

@Scipio8 said:

This only shows they see the Xbox as the competition, they know Sony is just dead man walking

@StormyJoe said:

@misterpmedia: Because there are just so many people out there who pay for Xbox Live so that they can use Netflix...

Again, lems seem to know a whole lot about every Xbox owner. Need to know where this hub of information can be accessed, hivemind? The sarcasm is there but it's probably true ;) and you couldn't deny it, you can still play games offline you know :P. The "you have to pay to play online anyway" retort is just laughable because you are the perfect MS customer(take that as a compliment or insult, up to you lol), that's the drone argument but maybe that's Stockholm syndrome setting in. It only gets you so far. Doesn't matter if you pay to play games online we're talking about what MS sneakily corners off in the process. inb4: PSN equivalent argument.

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Point to a single person on this site that buys LIVE for movie/show streaming services...........

Go ahead I will wait.

Also, who the hell pays full price for LIVE ever?????? I can usually find it for $40 and sometimes $30.

You Cows point to everything but reality when it comes to consoles.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 misterpmedia

@kuu2 said:

@misterpmedia said:

@kuu2 said:

@Scipio8 said:

@StormyJoe said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Point to a single person on this site that buys LIVE for movie/show streaming services...........

Go ahead I will wait.

Also, who the hell pays full price for LIVE ever?????? I can usually find it for $40 and sometimes $30.

Why limit it to this site alone, scared you'll be proven wrong?

That's what I thought. Maybe drop the act of speaking as every Xbox owner, it makes you look silly.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 kuu2

@misterpmedia said:

@kuu2 said:

Go ahead I will wait.

That's what I thought. Maybe drop the act of speaking as every Xbox owner, it makes you look silly.

Hell, the whole universe for that matter.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By misterpmedia

@kuu2 said:

@misterpmedia said:

@kuu2 said:

Go ahead I will wait.

Hell, the whole universe for that matter.

Ya, and we're done here haha.

That was fun.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 misterpmedia

@inb4uall said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@inb4uall said:

@kuu2 said:

Another fatal wound to the abdomen. Lem defense is running thin.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By tormentos

@kuu2 said:

Yes and they say people streamed media more than play games,so if you start playing and play 2 hours and then spend 4 watching netflix for which are you really paying for online gaming or media streaming.?

The PS2 had online gaming before live was even launch oh and with voice chat to.

Netflix was first introduce on PC but every device that has got netflix has got it free just like the Ps3 also did,MS hiding again apps under a pay wall when they were criticized for it on 360 is a joke,they don't add value to xbox live what so ever,and is a crappy way for MS to try to make xbox live seem like a good value.

@StormyJoe said:

@tormentos said:
@FoxbatAlpha said:

Irrelevant if you want to watch netflix which xbox live owners do even more than play games you need to pay $60 dollars where every freaking one on the damn planet get it free,you even have to pay to record videos on a console you already pay for,so basically you pay to use the hardware you already pay,and while MS may claim that live has of running and maintaining recording video use nothing but your damn console hardware.

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@tormentos said:
@FoxbatAlpha said:

I pay $60 for the best online gaming service. Dont be mad you still game in the dark ages.

You pay $60 dollars for something that you think is better but that in reality isn't,and that is rule by some old ass policies,people can play cross platform on PS4 vs PC on xbox one you can't do that because of MS strict policies,so which is actually better.? Want to bet once again PS4 like the PS3 did will be able to download mods made on PC and use it on a game.?

Cross platforms party at.? things evolve PSN isn't what it was on 2006.

Avatar image for Silent-Assasin7
Silent-Assasin7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 Silent-Assasin7
Member since 2006 • 1496 Posts

Who the hell owns an XBO and doesn't already have XBL Gold anyway?

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 tormentos

@OhSnapitz said:

In order to access any premium content on Amazon, you'll need amazon prime.. which is $70+ a year..

In order to access netflix you pay $95 per year vs amazon $99 that = ok.

Live hiding netflix under a pay wall for $60 vs amazon charging $99 for their service = does not compute.

You need $95 a year + $60 for xbox live to watch on xbox one,if you have Amazon Prime on xbox one you will need $99+ $60 for live,if you have a Amazon device all you need is amazon prime no $60 extra fee.

The same as if you own a PC or other device that support it,so the comparison is totally irrelevant and sad.

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 xhawk27

@tormentos said:

@OhSnapitz said:

Live hiding netflix under a pay wall for $60 vs amazon charging $99 for their service = does not compute.

You need $95 a year + $60 for xbox live to watch on xbox one,if you have Amazon Prime on xbox one you will need $99+ $60 for live,if you have a Amazon device all you need is amazon prime no $60 extra fee.

The same as if you own a PC or other device that support it,so the comparison is totally irrelevant and sad.

Paying for XBL $60 a year gets you Online Gaming too. So to have Online gaming on the PS4 you need to pay $50 a year and I bet the price goes up by 2015. So on the PS4 to have both features like on XBL you have to pay $95 + $50 = $145.

inb4uall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 inb4uall

@xhawk27 said:

@tormentos said:

@OhSnapitz said:

Paying for XBL $60 a year gets you Online Gaming too. So to have Online gaming on the PS4 you need to pay $50 a year and I bet the price goes up by 2015. So on the PS4 to have both features like on XBL you have to pay $95 + $50 = $145.

If you chose to not purchase PS+ on your PS4 your device is much less disabled than if you decide not to purchase gold on your Xbox1.

stationplay_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 stationplay_4
Member since 2014 • 444 Posts

not only is it a tv box. but a bad tv box at that.

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By xhawk27

@inb4uall said:

@xhawk27 said:

@tormentos said:

@OhSnapitz said:

If you chose to not purchase PS+ on your PS4 your device is much less disabled than if you decide not to purchase gold on your Xbox1.

Yeah you can watch Netflix but no Online gaming. I guess no Destiny for those that don't pay. If you only wanted to watch steaming media content you could buy a $99 player for that.

inb4uall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 inb4uall

@xhawk27 said:

@inb4uall said:

@xhawk27 said:

@tormentos said:

@OhSnapitz said:

Yeah you can watch Netflix but no Online gaming. I guess no Destiny for those that don't pay.

Funny thing is so far I have only bought a Wii U. That is in no small part because I don't want to pay for online. Obviously a Wii U is not enough by itself so for the first time I'm taking the idea of building a gaming PC seriously. I need a new computer soon and if I take the money I would be buying a Ps4 and pool it with my computer money it would be easy to build a decent PC. If that happened I would be able to play destiny for free. Gonna be honest though, MMO's don't interest me and Destiny is no exception.

tyloss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 tyloss
Member since 2012 • 846 Posts

They'd never mention Sony, they no there place and where there outclassed.

Amazon's media system may take 2nd place this gen

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

I like this already i hope they succeed.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

@tormentos said:

@kuu2 said:

Yes and they say people streamed media more than play games,so if you start playing and play 2 hours and then spend 4 watching netflix for which are you really paying for online gaming or media streaming.?

The PS2 had online gaming before live was even launch oh and with voice chat to.

Netflix was first introduce on PC but every device that has got netflix has got it free just like the Ps3 also did,MS hiding again apps under a pay wall when they were criticized for it on 360 is a joke,they don't add value to xbox live what so ever,and is a crappy way for MS to try to make xbox live seem like a good value.

@StormyJoe said:

@tormentos said:
@FoxbatAlpha said:

Irrelevant if you want to watch netflix which xbox live owners do even more than play games you need to pay $60 dollars where every freaking one on the damn planet get it free,you even have to pay to record videos on a console you already pay for,so basically you pay to use the hardware you already pay,and while MS may claim that live has of running and maintaining recording video use nothing but your damn console hardware.

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@tormentos said:
@FoxbatAlpha said:

You pay $60 dollars for something that you think is better but that in reality isn't,and that is rule by some old ass policies,people can play cross platform on PS4 vs PC on xbox one you can't do that because of MS strict policies,so which is actually better.? Want to bet once again PS4 like the PS3 did will be able to download mods made on PC and use it on a game.?

Cross platforms party at.? things evolve PSN isn't what it was on 2006.

You think cross platform makes the service better? Your delusions are wild in that brain that needs much therapy. LOL Cross platforms party. Who cares where the idiots come from?

bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 bezza2011
Member since 2006 • 2729 Posts

@kuu2 said:

I think the point is, if you wanted Netflix/Amazon/Hulu, and you only had an Xbox One and didn't have enough money, then your screwed, because everything remotely to do with the internet, you have to pay the xbox live fee, and then on top of that you have to pay your netflix fee, which reality is, every other device, allows you to watch these for just the app fee, and not any other, thats all, I think it's a scam to get people to buy into live, even if many people buy into it for other reasons, it's still a little bit deceiving that it's behind a pay wall for some consumers, maybe not knowing you can get these services everywhere else for no fee.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#99 GreySeal9
Member since 2010 • 28247 Posts

@Midnightshade29 said:

@kuu2 said:

You may not, but at my age (35), I know people who do use the consoles for that purpose. My co-worker only had an xbox360 until I sold him my fat ps3 for $50 with a defective disc drive. He got that fixed and stopped gold, the only reason he had gold was for netflix as him and his wife needed it for that. Now that he has a ps3 he doesn't need to shell out money to MS anymore. He is happy, she is happy.... less bills more netflix and I turned on someone to the wonderful world of PS gaming! A win for all except for MS...lol

Why do you mention your age in every other post? lol

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By StormyJoe

@misterpmedia& @tormentos: And you two are the perfect Sony patsies, because you both drink the kool-aid by the gallon.

• Fun fact #1 Netflix has been behind the XBL paywall since it had been on an MS console.
  • Fun fact #2 - the only people who complain about it are Sony fanboys.
  • Fun fact #3 - The only people who talk about XBL Gold costing $60 are Sony fanboys. I have never paid that much, nor do I know anyone who has.