Amazon takes dig at Microsoft and Xbox One

• 176 results
#1 Edited by misterpmedia (3468 posts) -

Lol burn

"You cannot access your Netflix account without paying $60 a year Xbox Live subscription fee. Not really sure who is going to pay $60 a year for a service they are already paying for".

MS can't catch a break, sly digs left and right. Just need some from Nintendo now.

#2 Posted by lbjkurono23 (12544 posts) -

@misterpmedia: Did you miss the one about not having to shout in your living room for voice command?

#3 Edited by FreedomFreeLife (2544 posts) -

@misterpmedia said:

Lol burn

"You cannot access your Netflix account without paying $60 a year Xbox Live subscription fee. Not really sure who is going to pay $60 a year for a service they are already paying for".

MS can't catch a break, sly digs left and right. Just need some from Nintendo now.

You mean Sony? You need to pay for Playstation Network to have watch movies.

I just new gif for you :)

#4 Posted by misterpmedia (3468 posts) -

@lbjkurono23 said:

@misterpmedia: Did you miss the one about not having to shout in your living room for voice command?

feel free to add it to the thread :P

#5 Posted by misterpmedia (3468 posts) -

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@misterpmedia said:

Lol burn

Next time you type out a retort, make sure it makes sense before you press that 'post reply' button, kid.

#6 Posted by inb4uall (5806 posts) -

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@misterpmedia said:

Lol burn

I don't even....

#7 Posted by darkspineslayer (19820 posts) -

@FreedomFreeLife: except you don't. Neither movies from PSN or netflix itself require a PS+ subscription. You're trying too hard, freedomfromfacts.

#8 Posted by Heil68 (45267 posts) -

MS does put everything behind a paywall. :(

#9 Edited by Kaze_no_Mirai (11427 posts) -

Did you miss the part where it says "Xbox One customer review?" It's not Amazon saying it.

#10 Posted by JohnF111 (14093 posts) -

@Kaze_no_Mirai: Amazon found it to be worthy enough to use in their presentation, it means they are still using it as a valid point against MS.

#11 Posted by lbjkurono23 (12544 posts) -

@Kaze_no_Mirai: True, I'm guessing because amazon brought it up? Though it really isn't amazon, but one of the disappointed xbox owners.

#12 Posted by inb4uall (5806 posts) -
@Kaze_no_Mirai said:

Did you miss the part where it says "Xbox One customer review?" It's not Amazon saying it.

Yes, but amazon featured said customer review on one of their slides during their presentation.

#13 Edited by Kaze_no_Mirai (11427 posts) -

@JohnF111: @inb4uall:

True. The title just makes it sound like Amazon came out saying it. As if they were the ones being quoted.

@lbjkurono23: Yeah, and it really is a disappointing aspect of the Xbox.

#14 Edited by Animal-Mother (26962 posts) -

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@misterpmedia said:

Lol burn

Sony doesn't hide services behind a paywall.....

http://n4g.com/news/1278114/sony-confirms-ps4-apps-such-as-netflix-hulu-etc-are-not-behind-ps-paywall Don't make yourself look stupid.

#15 Posted by misterpmedia (3468 posts) -

@FreedomFreeLife is a troll and a bad one, he won't come back in here to accept that he's wrong trust me lol @Animal-Mother

#16 Posted by kuu2 (7375 posts) -

Competition is always good.

That being said I don't pay the Live amount to watch Netflix, Amazon, or any other movie service. I pay to play games and because it is the best online service ever created for a console.

#17 Posted by inb4uall (5806 posts) -

@kuu2 said:

That being said I don't pay the Live amount to watch Netflix, Amazon, or any other movie service. I pay to play games and because it is the best online service ever created for a console.

No, you pay because you are easily scammed out of your money.

#18 Posted by chikenfriedrice (10530 posts) -

Yes paying 90$ for Amazon Prime and it's lame tv/movie library and 1 book a month is way better.

#19 Edited by Animal-Mother (26962 posts) -

@inb4uall said:

@kuu2 said:

XBL isn't a scam. Nobody is tricking you, nobody is forcing you and nobody is swindling you. It's not even required to own the console or play games (albeit online).

#20 Posted by kuu2 (7375 posts) -

Amazon has totally missed the boat by throwing up that quote from a customer. I don't know a single person who purchased an Xbox to play Amazon/Netflix/Hulu. Those are all side features that are included in the ecosystem.

How is this relevant again?

#21 Edited by misterpmedia (3468 posts) -

@Animal-Mother said:

@inb4uall said:

@kuu2 said:

XBL isn't a scam. Nobody is tricking you, nobody is forcing you and nobody is swindling you. It's not even required to own the console or play games (albeit online).

It's not a scam no, I think it just comes down to the subjective concept of value....and of course being informed which the average mass consumer isn't. XBL does corner off some strange things that would make raise that one eyebrow in bewilderment.

#22 Posted by shawn30 (4367 posts) -

Lol, those were digs but things have been that way since Live debuted nearly ten years ago. People can complain all they want, but it makes zero sense to own a One/360 without Live, so having those apps behind a pay wall doesn't even matter. To have a One/360 without Live when I can't play any multiplayer, but can run a movie streaming app makes about as much sense as holding a AA meeting at a bar seeing as how I can access those same apps from my Laptop. You want to enjoy the full Xbox experience you need Live. The Amazon comment is small at best. Why do I need a dedicated movie streaming device when Amazon will only debut a new one next year, lol, as will all of their competition except for the gaming consoles.

#23 Posted by PurpleMan5000 (7326 posts) -

@chikenfriedrice said:

Yes paying 90$ for Amazon Prime and it's lame tv/movie library and 1 book a month is way better.

Don't forget the free shipping. Amazon Prime really is a great value.

#24 Edited by kuu2 (7375 posts) -

@misterpmedia said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@inb4uall said:

@kuu2 said:

It's not a scam no, I think it just comes down to the subjective concept of value....and of course being informed which the average mass consumer isn't. XBL does corner off some strange things that would make raise that one eyebrow in bewilderment.

It is not a scam, and it has nothing to do with awareness. Amazon being behind Xbox LIVE paywall is a non issue because no one buys Live because of the streaming features as the main reason. If you have LIVE it is to play games online as its main use period. Now there are certain things that are included with LIVE but those are just sprinkles on the sunday not the ice cream.

#25 Posted by gamevet77 (239 posts) -

@PurpleMan5000 said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

Exactly that free 2 day shipping is great

#26 Posted by chikenfriedrice (10530 posts) -

@gamevet77 said:

@PurpleMan5000 said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

If you spend a certain amount shipping is free anyway.

#27 Posted by lostrib (37804 posts) -

@chikenfriedrice said:

It's really more for the 2 day free shipping

#28 Posted by PurpleMan5000 (7326 posts) -

@chikenfriedrice said:

@gamevet77 said:

@PurpleMan5000 said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

Yes, but it's not 2 day shipping, and it can be a real hassle having to find something else you want/need when you really are only wanting to buy a game/movie that's on sale for $10 sometimes.

#29 Posted by kuu2 (7375 posts) -
@lostrib said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

It's really more for the 2 day free shipping

Yep, it is like a Costco membership for online purchasing. Most things come in a day for me.

#30 Posted by Suppaman100 (3947 posts) -

TLHBO

#31 Edited by XboxDone74 (2047 posts) -

@darkspineslayer: Freedom just got owned, hard.

#32 Edited by Animal-Mother (26962 posts) -

@misterpmedia said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@inb4uall said:

@kuu2 said:

Of course Value is left up to the user. And yes hiding things behind a paywall does not help.

#33 Posted by Scipio8 (660 posts) -

This only shows they see the Xbox as the competition, they know Sony is just dead man walking

#34 Posted by chikenfriedrice (10530 posts) -

@PurpleMan5000 said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

@gamevet77 said:

@PurpleMan5000 said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

Yes, but it's not 2 day shipping, and it can be a real hassle having to find something else you want/need when you really are only wanting to buy a game/movie that's on sale for $10 sometimes.

Yeah....I don't buy as much from Amazon....I did the Prime membership for a year and it wasn't a real value for me.

#35 Posted by nini200 (9827 posts) -

This guy must've missed the whole XBox Live movement

#36 Posted by Midnightshade29 (5347 posts) -

@kuu2 said:

Amazon has totally missed the boat by throwing up that quote from a customer. I don't know a single person who purchased an Xbox to play Amazon/Netflix/Hulu. Those are all side features that are included in the ecosystem.

How is this relevant again?

You may not, but at my age (35), I know people who do use the consoles for that purpose. My co-worker only had an xbox360 until I sold him my fat ps3 for $50 with a defective disc drive. He got that fixed and stopped gold, the only reason he had gold was for netflix as him and his wife needed it for that. Now that he has a ps3 he doesn't need to shell out money to MS anymore. He is happy, she is happy.... less bills more netflix and I turned on someone to the wonderful world of PS gaming! A win for all except for MS...lol

#37 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (14473 posts) -

Even Amazon knows they can't touch that Sony swag, they have to settle with picking on the smallest kid on the playground.

#38 Posted by kuu2 (7375 posts) -

@Midnightshade29 said:

You may not, but at my age (35), I know people who do use the consoles for that purpose. My co-worker only had an xbox360 until I sold him my fat ps3 for $50 with a defective disc drive. He got that fixed and stopped gold, the only reason he had gold was for netflix as him and his wife needed it for that. Now that he has a ps3 he doesn't need to shell out money to MS anymore. He is happy, she is happy.... less bills more netflix and I turned on someone to the wonderful world of PS gaming! A win for all except for MS...lol

So you are telling me your friend plunked down $400 for Netflix?????

Lots of people use these streaming services but no one buys a console for that purpose and neither did your friend. He could have purchased a Roku for $99 or an Apple TV for the same price.

Nothing your friend did makes sense on that basis.

#39 Posted by PurpleMan5000 (7326 posts) -

@kuu2 said:

@Midnightshade29 said:

So you are telling me your friend plunked down $400 for Netflix?????

Lots of people use these streaming services but no one buys a console for that purpose and neither did your friend. He could have purchased a Roku for $99 or an Apple TV for the same price.

Nothing your friend did makes sense on that basis.

Maybe he likes single player video games.

#40 Posted by LJS9502_basic (151511 posts) -

@FreedomFreeLife: Wrong again. Do you ever get tired of being wrong? MS requires a live subscription for access to non gaming apps....not Sony.

#41 Posted by kuu2 (7375 posts) -

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

Even Amazon knows they can't touch that Sony swag, they have to settle with picking on the smallest kid on the playground.

Yep............that's it.

#42 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (14473 posts) -

@kuu2 said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

Yep............that's it.

You just can't touch the console king, Amazon knows when it's time to pay fealty.

#43 Posted by cantloginnow (232 posts) -

Its been that way since Netflix came to xbox,how many years ago?Lets get a little more current and talk about how Sony has Multiplayer locked behind a paywall now.Its funny how Netflix being locked on Live is a bigger issue to Cows than Sony locking multiplayer behind ps+ this gen.

#44 Posted by StormyJoe (5497 posts) -

@misterpmedia: Because there are just so many people out there who pay for Xbox Live so that they can use Netflix...

#45 Edited by Animal-Mother (26962 posts) -

@cantloginnow said:

Its been that way since Netflix came to xbox,how many years ago?Lets get a little more current and talk about how Sony has Multiplayer locked behind a paywall now.Its funny how Netflix being locked on Live is a bigger issue to Cows than Sony locking multiplayer behind ps+ this gen.

It is stupid XBL locks all it's features behind a paywall. Features YOU subscribe for are locked behind something you HAVE to pay for where EVERYWHERE else it isn't.

Also you wanna talk how it's funny XBL MP is also locked behind a paywall. Ps4 has also gotten at least 5 free games now since launch and is STILL cheaper than XBL

#46 Edited by tormentos (18383 posts) -

@kuu2 said:

http://www.gameinformer.com/themes/blogs/generic/post.aspx?WeblogApp=news&y=2012&m=03&d=27&WeblogPostName=more-people-use-xbox-360-for-entertainment-than-online-gaming&GroupKeys=

Oh please it is known that xbox live is used more for movies music and entertainment that games,and that was on 2012,so yeah if you pay for a service where most of what you do is stream movies yeah you are paying for movie streaming,it was one of the reason the xbox one turn out to be a cable box because MS saw how popular netflix and other apps were on xbox 360,and as popular as it was the PS3 still was the number 1 console for netflix last gen because the lack of fee any one could just use it.

Is sad and is time media put pressure to MS for hiding apps that other wise are free to every one on any platform but the xbox one,is add no value what so ever for xbox live and what MS does with that is try to force every soul who has an xbox 360 or xbox one into their over priced service.

#47 Edited by tormentos (18383 posts) -
@chikenfriedrice said:

Yeah because that is the same as what MS is doing since when Netflix give you access to series free.? You have to pay a membership and cost $8 dollars a months than $95 a year just 4 less dollars than Amazon,MS charge you for apps that every one get free even on cell phones.

Is not even close to be the same.

#48 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (7430 posts) -

Yeah because the only reason you pay $60 a year on XBOX is to watch Netflix . P don't be this ignorant.

#49 Posted by Netret0120 (2212 posts) -

M$ operates that way and it works for them. If it ain't broke, don't fix.

#50 Posted by chikenfriedrice (10530 posts) -

@tormentos said:
@chikenfriedrice said:

Yeah because that is the same as what MS is doing since when Netflix give you access to series free.? You have to pay a membership and cost $8 dollars a months than $95 a year just 4 less dollars than Amazon,MS charge you for apps that every one get free even on cell phones.

Is not even close to be the same.

Idk what you said