Amazon is plagued with 1 star PS4 user reviews.

• 96 results
  • 1
  • 2

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by IgGy621985 (4632 posts) -

I'm sure about half of those low scoring reviews come from raging Xbox fanboys, but some of them got me kind of worried, especially those which mention hardware malfunction and similar shit. Link.

Excerpt:

Dead on arrival. Pulsing blue light nothing happens besides that. For a launch day edition this did not launch at all

Another 'blue light anti-special.' My launch day PS4 worked flawlessly for 30 minutes then died. It won't even restart in safe mode.

24 hours and the console stops working.

Now 15 unsuccessful tries and no video output whatsoever, USB not even working to try safe mode, so I am returning it to Amazon.

Ps4 was working fine when I first got it but later it started to turn off, on its own then I'd have to put it in safe mode to initialize it and it would work for a bit then cut off again and then every now and then I could not get it back in safe mode

Then when I was playong killzone the screen flickered and ps4 shut down. now every time I turn it on not thing appears on tv just the blinking blue light on ps4.

No video signal and blue light just keeps flashing.

The console worked for about 1 hour after booting it up. The console froze ~20 times (black screen and buzzing sound). Upon booting it backup I then received the blue pulsing lights, and it has now completely stopped working for me. No video output, nothing.

Now, don't get me wrong. I really want PS4.

I wanted to order my PS4 in the upcoming weeks, but now I'm really not sure.

What do you think?

#2 Posted by T3H_1337_N1NJ4 (2079 posts) -

Get it, if it ends up with a problem just send it back. You'll eventually get a good one and then never worry about it again.

#3 Edited by Shewgenja (8488 posts) -

If it's not a verified buyer, you can pretty much throw the review in the rubbish bin. Rabid Lem Syndrome is butthurting the internet. You know, since MS can't be arsed to make a 360 game at all this year, this is all they have to do with their time.

#4 Posted by Pokemon266 (369 posts) -

Who cares

1 Million Plus sales

Thank you sony.

#5 Edited by T3H_1337_N1NJ4 (2079 posts) -

If it's not a verified buyer, you can pretty much throw the review in the rubbish.

Quite a lot of them are.

#6 Posted by FreedomFreeLife (2149 posts) -

broken rate is 0,4%

Also, those who has fixed console won´t usually give review, only who has broken console gives review.

Also, most of those comments are bullshit.

Also, i remember when i got broken PS3, i gave it back to shop, and they gave me new PS3. This bullshit that i bought conosle that not works and now i can´t give back IS BULLSHIT !!!!

#7 Posted by lglz1337 (3139 posts) -

i see butthurt lemmings got nothing else to do

#8 Edited by _Matt_ (8868 posts) -

It's worth noting, that most people will only review a product if they have a bad experience with it.

Most people, if they are happy with a product, will just keep using the product without bothering to review it.

#9 Posted by TheEroica (13326 posts) -

I payed the 60 bones to Gamestop for their product replacement plan over two years... I'd rather walk into the store and have then handle it than me.

That said, my ps4 is working nice thus far.

#10 Posted by Shewgenja (8488 posts) -

I, for one, haven't really been on the net in the last few days because I was playing games non-stop. Decided to chill out in SW while eating breakfast this morning.

#11 Posted by Newhopes (4514 posts) -

HAHAHA damage control at it's finest.

#12 Posted by Snugenz (11818 posts) -

#13 Edited by IgGy621985 (4632 posts) -

I wanted to order my PS4 from Amazon Spain, since it's the cheapest option for me at this time (I'm from Croatia). So do you guys know, IF the console gets bricked, in order to return it to Amazon, who pays the postage expenses, me or Amazon?

#14 Posted by Shewgenja (8488 posts) -

#15 Edited by Whiteknight19 (1303 posts) -

some comments on there if u look are totally fanboy talk

#16 Posted by Snugenz (11818 posts) -

#17 Edited by Truth_Hurts_U (9141 posts) -

Don't listen to the reviews. Most are unverified any ways.

Amazon won't give you shit if you buy from them... Even if you did have an issue. They always pay for shipping back to them and give a full refund if requested. If you even wanted to roll the dice again, you could ask for an advanced replacement. Which means they'll send you a replacement same day, while you return the other unit.

I know 3 people with PS4 and none of them have any issue with it. Soon I'll know 4 people with one come next week.

#18 Posted by Heirren (16581 posts) -

@Truth_Hurts_U:

I'm sure some are fanboy troll reviews, but it still seems to be an issue bigger than sony would like to believe. I'll probably open mine up in the next few days--yes, I recieved it launch day and haven't even opened the box yet!

#19 Edited by Shewgenja (8488 posts) -

Out of curiosity why aren't you playing all the multiplats on your PC?,

My favorite kinds of games are FPS and MMO, which play far better on PC. I've found that with these games (what I have for PS4), controller is quite good. KillZone is the only FPS I play with controller (and, I'll be honest, I do find it difficult to adjust from KB/M.. Getting my ass handed to me at the end of Chapter 7, currently). As far as DCUO, I like how flying works with the controller better. So, it's a wash.

Long story short, I play with what I feel most comfortable with using for the type of game. Looking very forward to Diablo III on PS4, for example.

#20 Posted by heretrix (37322 posts) -

There are enough alternative sources of info out there for that no to be too much of an issue, but people are lazy so...

#21 Posted by ghostwarrior786 (3910 posts) -

almost half of them are not even verified buyer, obviously there are some genuine issues but with 1m consoles sold there are bound to be. also many xbots trolling 'ps4 sucks should have got xbox' blah blah blah

#22 Posted by mrintro (1354 posts) -

when it comes to reviews, you mostly get the extremists, not the ones that are doing just fine

#23 Posted by Phazevariance (10936 posts) -

@_Matt_ said:

Riiiiight. By that logic, all RROD 360's were only people with broken consoles and all the good ones were never reported. Spin spin sugar!

#24 Posted by Ninja-Hippo (23426 posts) -

"GOD DAMMIT THIS THING SUCKS! IMMA GO WRITE AN ANGRY REVIEW!"

"Wow, this thing is awesome. Imma keep sitting here playing it and generally enjoying my life."

#25 Posted by Snugenz (11818 posts) -

Out of curiosity why aren't you playing all the multiplats on your PC?,

DCUO i get, pad works great because it was designed to work great with it, but Warframe, with pad?, i can't imagine that.

#26 Posted by Cubs360 (3755 posts) -

@Shewgenja: I'm sure you can say the same for Sony fans who haven't received the console yet and rate it a 5.

#27 Edited by TheRealBigRich (726 posts) -

Out of curiosity why aren't you playing all the multiplats on your PC?,

Just wondering if the controller is the only reason cant you use the ps4 controller on pc?

#28 Posted by jun_aka_pekto (15922 posts) -

I never look at user reviews. Too infested with raging fanboys.

#29 Posted by _Matt_ (8868 posts) -

@Phazevariance said:

@Phazevariance

Exactly what Ninja Hippo said.

I have been completely happy with both my 360s and my PS3 slim, so have never once written a review about any of them.

On the flip side, my 60GB PS3 got YLOD, so I wrote a negative review to warn people about this.

If you have a working product, chances are you are not going to even think about reviewing it.

#30 Edited by FoxbatAlpha (6169 posts) -

Excerpt:

24 hours and the console stops working.

No video signal and blue light just keeps flashing.

Now, don't get me wrong. I really want PS4.

I wanted to order my PS4 in the upcoming weeks, but now I'm really not sure.

What do you think?

I could say the same thing. Half of the 5 star ratings are coming from Sony PR.

1. Blue lights of Death. Could not turn PS4 on. No any image on TV

2. Red Line Of Death (RLOD). PS4 constantly overheats and shuts down or freezes.

3. White line of Death (WLOD). HDD problem.

4. Defective controller. Thumbstick rubber peels off & R1 button gets stuck - R1 button gets stuck

- PS4 Controller R1 Button Defective after only 10 hours of play

5. Wobbles

6. Strange sound when inserting disc.

7. HDMI cable problem

8. PS4 is very loud.

9. Electroshocks its owner.

10. Bad assembly and cheap plastic. Someone could not find its power button because it was missed.

11. Defective disc drive. Sometimes can't play disc based games or movies.

12. The screen is glitchy.

13. Battery in controller dies in less than 6 hours of gameplay.

Other problems and complains:

- Bluray loads painfully slow. - Blu-ray will not output digital sound, neither will games. But the dashboard will? - Blu-ray looks DVD quality and a little bit muddy. - Blue blinding light on controller, with no option to turn it off. - Constant game freezing - Poor interface for inviting friends to online games - Just plain poor interface - 3.5 hour initial set up.

#31 Edited by Riverwolf007 (23537 posts) -

most likely bullshyt viral marketing.

no legit product would ever get 800 5 stars and 400 1 stars.

user reviews are useless.

although i was on the phone with my buddy as he hooked his up and it did shock the shyt out of him.

#32 Edited by starwolf474 (562 posts) -

LOL at the damage control by PlayStation fanboys.

I'm sure there are some troll reviews on Amazon just like there are some blind PlayStation fanboy reviews of people that don't even own the console yet on there as well, but if you look at the majority of negative reviews, most of them say "Amazon Verified Purchase" which means that the person is confirmed to have purchased the console from Amazon.

I doubt that there are very many trolls that are spending $400 to buy a PS4 just so that they can post a negative review on Amazon, so most of those reviews seem legitimate.

#33 Posted by PrincessGomez92 (3495 posts) -

You can't trust user reviews at all.

#34 Edited by lglz1337 (3139 posts) -

lol @lemmings ignoring xbox360 HUGE RROD back in the days and now acting like there is a huge problem with the ps4 when there is no problem. ps4 keeps selling no mather what you try lemmings nobody listens to the minority

#35 Edited by XBOunity (2981 posts) -

the depths cows will go to try and make light of this. Its funny all that snipping done by cows from afar when the systems were just being talked about looks to have came back to bite them in the ass. The PS4 seems like it was pushed together on and they didn't put a value on the build like xbox did. EVERY Single component, piece, plastic of the xbox one was hand vetted, checked, and approved. Penello was laughed at then in the internet wars, well now who is laugh. Enjoy your wobble station, ds4 scratched up thumbstick, software piece of heaping high shit right now.

#36 Edited by IgGy621985 (4632 posts) -

Don't listen to the reviews. Most are unverified any ways.

Thanks man, you helped a lot.

#37 Edited by foxhound_fox (87754 posts) -

Launch units are always a lottery. I'm not sure why people didn't expect this. If you don't want to run the risk of failed hardware, wait a year or two to get one.

#38 Posted by lostrib (34691 posts) -

quite a number seem to be verified amazon purchases. But it's much more likely for dissatisfied customers to leave reviews than those enjoying the product

#39 Posted by rjdofu (9170 posts) -

That's what you get for buying a launch system. Shit happens, just more frequently with launch consoles.

#40 Posted by conkertheking1 (835 posts) -

Lol. First the "red ring of death" and now the "blue light of death". You see, part of the Nintendo magic is being able to buy a new console and not having to worry about it breaking within a week. They carry on the hardware quality that existed back in the 80's. Sony and M$ just don't get it

#41 Edited by MFDOOM1983 (8453 posts) -

But there were plenty reports of bricked Wii-Us during its launch. More complex electronics = more potential points of failure

#42 Edited by Caseytappy (2131 posts) -

And original Wii overheating on standby with the connect24 service on when the CPU was still active but the fan was turned off .

#43 Posted by psymon100 (6138 posts) -

Look at the verified reviews.

#44 Posted by Chutebox (36675 posts) -

GS is plagued with redundant threads

#45 Posted by Zoso813 (310 posts) -

With online user reviews you're always going to get more of the bad cases than the actual happy customers (like myself). The motivation is obviously higher when you're unhappy to leave negative reviews. The PS4 is fine.

#46 Posted by Phazevariance (10936 posts) -

@Ninja-Hippo said:

@Phazevariance said:

@Phazevariance

Exactly what Ninja Hippo said.

Thus the more negative reviews, the more broken consoles exist. Amazon is filling up fast with those.

#47 Edited by HalcyonScarlet (4047 posts) -

Damn, cows are damage controlling HARD with this. They wouldn't afford the competition these excuses would they.

#48 Posted by juarbles (801 posts) -

Lemmings are many and they are very butthurt. Their only resource against real gamers is spreading FUD but truth will prevail when people realize that they are not even real gamers to begin with.

#49 Posted by Truth_Hurts_U (9141 posts) -