Amazon console is here: Say goodbye to MS/Sony/Nin.

• 76 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

loco145

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By loco145
Member since 2006 • 12226 Posts

Only $99! Source.

Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 chikenfriedrice
Member since 2006 • 13561 Posts

Yeah right.....I doubt Sony/MS/NiN are worried

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#4 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

Ahahahahahahahahaha

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts

Uh oh. Sony are finished

lbjkurono23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 lbjkurono23
Member since 2007 • 12544 Posts

Nice price for a set top box. Only bad thing is that I wished it had a S800 or at least S600. This would be my all in one nes/snes/gbc/gba/n64/psx/dc/psp emulator(if hacked).

Boddicker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8  Edited By Boddicker
Member since 2012 • 4458 Posts

Only 2 GB RAM?

I'm sure Sony and MS are shaking in their boots. Ninty might be the only actually scared one.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@Desmonic said:

Not a console. It's a streaming device ala AppleTV which happens to also play games.

Epic fail TC.

It's pretty high spec'd (higher than a Vita, from what I gather), and it can be a pretty good games player; unfortunately, I see it forever stuck in the mobile games ghetto. Poor Double Helix, though.

lbjkurono23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 lbjkurono23

@Boddicker:

they should be. I wouldn't buy a single virtual console game. Not that they bothered putting much effort into it.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#11 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

ouya is doomed.

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 shawn30
Member since 2006 • 4409 Posts

Joke thread.

So many devices do all of this already, and each device is designing its own interface, ect. The games on the Fire are smartphone-centric at best. Streaming can be done on tablets and laptops and phones and consoles. This thing is zero threat to the One/PS4/PS3/360. It may sell to people who don't have a streaming box yet, but having a remote you can talk into when MS has Kinect and Sony has voice commands via its microphone to a degree won't make a difference. The reason I feel the One is such a great media box is the quick switching, Snap, and Kinect for voice commands. I was watching a netflix movie with the wife the other, she got a call from a friend and said we could finish watching later. Before she left the room I was back into Titanfall. The call didn't last long as she was back, switched right back to netflix without missing a beat, got back to watching the movie. This Amazon Fire thing, its priced well but there isn't one damn thing special about it even if you don't give a crap about gaming. And if you think Netflix and Hulu can't create a cheap voice command remote you're living in fantasy land. Not impressed at all.

lbjkurono23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 lbjkurono23

S600 after all. Kinda interested. Now why cant google make one(chromecast isn't the same).

applefan1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 applefan1991  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 3397 Posts

April fools was yesterday TC...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@Desmonic said:

@charizard1605 said:

@Desmonic said:

Not a console. It's a streaming device ala AppleTV which happens to also play games.

Epic fail TC.

It's pretty high spec'd (higher than a Vita, from what I gather), and it can be a pretty good games player; unfortunately, I see it forever stuck in the mobile games ghetto. Poor Double Helix, though.

I know, and the two "exclusives" they showed actually looked pretty decent, but lol @ the notion would actually endangeour home consoles. Just like AppleTV, tablets, and more undermined PS4 & X1 sales, right? Though TC does this a lot for some reason.

-----

As for the device, it sounds awesome (just like AppleTV) but alas they are useless where I live! ;_; Condemned to pay for cable until all these services decide to come to my country (Hulo, Netflix, HBO, ect, etc).

No, this will not undermine the PS4 or Xbox One or even Wii U. It's a different kind of product for a different kind of market.

Although if the competition gets its head out of its ass regarding this, then collectively, they might all erode console gaming just as smartphones and tablets eroded handheld gaming.

santoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18 santoron
Member since 2006 • 8584 Posts

Well, no. But Ouya needs a cigarette and a blindfold...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@GrenadeLauncher said:

Sonyntenzon master race here.

Xbone, once again, has achieved the remarkable feat of getting

BLOWN THE **** OUT

Uh huh.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#21  Edited By cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38026 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

Sonyntenzon master race here.

Xbone, once again, has achieved the remarkable feat of getting

BLOWN THE **** OUT

Uh huh.

LOL what is that supposed to.....?

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#22 misterpmedia
Member since 2013 • 6209 Posts

I know it was never going to be, but it would have been awesome if Ama came out with Gen 8 console to rival the big boys. The internet would be in flames of conversation by now.

lhughey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By lhughey
Member since 2006 • 4861 Posts

@chikenfriedrice said:

They should be. I've always thought that an entry by Amazon or Apple is what Sony and Microsoft should be thinking about how to counter. They can compete with each other all day, but the winner of this gen will be the company that knows how to pivot when the non traditional gaming companies (with strong identities, great management, brand awareness, and tons of money) make a play for the living room.

Amazon also has the infrastructure to make this work (with AWS). If they can tie this in with Prime membership someway, they'll make waves and force MS and Sony to counter. I really think M$ had their eye on this and it probably influenced their thoughts about the Bone.

Make no mistake, Amazon should not be taken lightly by anyone. Ask Walmart, Apple, and Barnes and Noble.

lbjkurono23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 lbjkurono23

@misterpmedia: Thats how I feel. They could've done something truly special.

coasterguy65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#25 coasterguy65
Member since 2005 • 7133 Posts

I'm sure the Fire TV will be sucessful for what it is...a Roku clone with voice commands, and better access to Android games. I really doubt any of the big 3 are worried.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#26 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58646 Posts

@hummer700 said:

a bit dramatic no?

Not at all my friend. In terms of the internet if you where to deduce it down to but a few major stes around the world, Amazon would be one of them.

Solid_Max13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#27 Solid_Max13
Member since 2006 • 3596 Posts

I kind of expected better from amazon, but this just seems like an Ouya waiting to happen mediocre gaming, amazon could've done something special but this feels underwhelming

Bishop1310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Bishop1310
Member since 2007 • 1274 Posts

lol at the specs of the thing.............

Mr-Kutaragi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Mr-Kutaragi
Member since 2013 • 2466 Posts

so this like vita tv?

lbjkurono23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By lbjkurono23

@Mr-Kutaragi: More like AppleTV, and Roku. Though it does have an official game control.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

Lol, no

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12056 Posts

Might be a good second or third option if you are a Prime member like me but I don't see this chewing into the marketshare of any of the major 3. It will eatup Roku and Ouya sales though.

Jacobistheman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Jacobistheman
Member since 2007 • 3975 Posts

It probably is here to stay, but won't have much effect on Nintendo, Microsoft and Sony. It targets a whole different market. It is a competitor to Apple TV, Chromcast, Roku, and other STREAMING DEVICES. The biggest hit will probably be Vita TV and people who bought it for the possibility of streaming PlayStation Now with it.

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#34  Edited By lglz1337
Member since 2013 • 4959 Posts

ouya has competition oh my...

hotdiddykong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#35 hotdiddykong
Member since 2007 • 2099 Posts

Oh great, another OnLive/Ouya

Seriously though, im interested in seeing how people like Double Helix will make games for them given they bought them

Also High speced doesnt mean shit

gamevet77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 gamevet77
Member since 2013 • 555 Posts

I purchased this along with the controller. I should get it friday and let everyone know hos it is

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts

This is like the Great American cheese of the industry. Not bad but not anywhere near as good as Kraft (Microsoft), Laughing Cow (Sony) or Velveeta (Nintendo)

Wild_man_22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Wild_man_22
Member since 2010 • 907 Posts

This is kind of tempting. As a prime member, and someone looking for a streaming box. I don't know how much I'd actually use it to play games though.

undeadgoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 undeadgoon
Member since 2006 • 706 Posts

hahaha... thanks your title made me laugh....

Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 chikenfriedrice
Member since 2006 • 13561 Posts

@lhughey said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

They should be. I've always thought that an entry by Amazon or Apple is what Sony and Microsoft should be thinking about how to counter. They can compete with each other all day, but the winner of this gen will be the company that knows how to pivot when the non traditional gaming companies (with strong identities, great management, brand awareness, and tons of money) make a play for the living room.

Amazon also has the infrastructure to make this work (with AWS). If they can tie this in with Prime membership someway, they'll make waves and force MS and Sony to counter. I really think M$ had their eye on this and it probably influenced their thoughts about the Bone.

Make no mistake, Amazon should not be taken lightly by anyone. Ask Walmart, Apple, and Barnes and Noble.

I don't think this is even comparable to what MS and Sony offer....this is more like Ouya.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12056 Posts

@nini200 said:

This is like the Great American cheese of the industry. Not bad but not anywhere near as good as Kraft (Microsoft), Laughing Cow (Sony) or Velveeta (Nintendo)

Wouldn't that be American Cheese, Swiss Cheese, Blue Cheese, and Provolone, or is great american a company?

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#42  Edited By heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts

Thanks bro.

Wild_man_22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Wild_man_22
Member since 2010 • 907 Posts

@chikenfriedrice said:

@lhughey said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

I don't think this is even comparable to what MS and Sony offer....this is more like Ouya.

Not yet, but give it time. If amazon continues paying for studios, making what people perceive as ''real'' games, and they are actually worth owning. I could easily see them carving a nice niche this gen. It all comes down to how serious amazon is actually taking the gaming portion of Fire Tv.

madskills6117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#44 madskills6117
Member since 2006 • 4172 Posts

April fools?

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

The box only costs $100, so if they can get even one quality exclusive, then I'm going to purchase it.

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts

@kuu2 said:

@nini200 said:

Wouldn't that be American Cheese, Swiss Cheese, Blue Cheese, and Provolone, or is great american a company?

It's a company but you're also correct.

Tighaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Tighaman
Member since 2006 • 1038 Posts

its funny that misterx insider said this about 2 months ago lol xboxtv

lhughey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By lhughey
Member since 2006 • 4861 Posts

@chikenfriedrice said:

@lhughey said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

This is true. But if it catches on, Amazon will put resources behind it and upgrade the device. Think how the kindle was a basic device that was meant to capture a non competive marketshare. Once it caught on, they beefed up the specs and released the Fire to go after Ipads. 250M people with "true" gaming consoles (service hubs in their living room) is a big of a market for Amazon to ignore. They will establish developer support for the next year or so, then release a more powerful offering.

incuensuocha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 incuensuocha
Member since 2009 • 1514 Posts

There is zero chance of me buying this. Though it's still more likely than me buying an Xbone.

DaBrainz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 DaBrainz
Member since 2007 • 7959 Posts

Looks like Roku with an xbox controller.