Amazing new CRYSIS 2 Walkthrough Footage **Video/Pics**

This topic is locked from further discussion.

kenmid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 kenmid
Member since 2003 • 483 Posts

Best Graphics on a console, and this is the 360 version. I would highly suggest watching the Videos in HD.

Part I

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2010-crysis-2/101804

Part II

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2010-crysis-2/101802

Avatar image for organic_machine
organic_machine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 organic_machine
Member since 2004 • 10141 Posts

Honestly, Crysis 2 looks meh. It looks like it might be fun for a little while, but the whole thing just screams meh.

Snagal123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Snagal123
Member since 2006 • 3524 Posts

Honestly, Crysis 2 looks meh. It looks like it might be fun for a little while, but the whole thing just screams meh.

organic_machine

So what doesn't look meh? What FPS game this E3 has blown your mind more?

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#5 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

Looks so awesome, if its even half as revolutionary and fun as Crysis1 was then count me in.

organic_machine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 organic_machine

[QUOTE="organic_machine"]

Snagal123

So what doesn't look meh? What FPS game this E3 has blown your mind more?

None of them really. :(

Rage looks cool, but I' more interested in its graphics than its gameplay.

Snagal123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Snagal123

organic_machine

What about Bulletstorm?

1stPlaceWinner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 1stPlaceWinner
Member since 2010 • 1120 Posts
It might be PC footage actually.
Fizzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 Fizzman
Member since 2003 • 9895 Posts

For a console game that looks amazing. The lighting is absolutely fantastic, and everything else looks very very good. I cannot wait to get the PC version.

organic_machine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 organic_machine

Snagal123

What about Bulletstorm?

IMO it looks horrible. A game that wishes it were Duke Nukem, but then tries to fuse that with Gears and COD and gets nasty looking results.

Snagal123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Snagal123

[QUOTE="Snagal123"]

What about Bulletstorm?

organic_machine

IMO it looks horrible. A game that wishes it were Duke Nukem, but then tries to fuse that with Gears and COD and gets nasty looking results.

So what FPS do you like?

organic_machine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 organic_machine

[QUOTE="Snagal123"]

What about Bulletstorm?

Snagal123

So what FPS do you like?

Plenty. I even liked Crysis 1, although a lot of the game's setting and plot was meh to me, but the gameplay was huge and open, like Halo on steroids. So I liked it. But Crysis 2 looks so confined so all you're left with is the mehness.

Snagal123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Snagal123

Plenty. I even liked Crysis 1, although a lot of the game's setting and plot was meh to me, but the gameplay was huge and open, like Halo on steroids. So I liked it. But Crysis 2 looks so confined so all you're left with is the mehness.

organic_machine

The part shown outside the train station looked pretty open to me, and that may be leading on from another part, and maybe going into the station is the same level. If its all one level thats pretty big, maybe abit more linear but thats not a bad thing as good story telling requires more focus.The Crysis style gameplay was there imo, it did seem more like Warhead than the original Crysis but thats not a bad thing even though i prefer Crysis over Warhead. No other FPS ive seen so far from E3 plays like this.

organic_machine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 organic_machine

Snagal123

The part shown outside the train station looked pretty open to me, and that may be leading on from another part, and maybe going into the station is the same level. If its all one levelthats pretty big, maybe more linear but thats not a badthing asgood story tellingrequires more focus.The Crysis style gameplay was there imo, it did seem more like Warhead than the original Crysis but thats not a bad thing even though i prefer Crysis over Warhead. No other FPS ive seen so far from E3 plays like this.

But we have only a glimpse of it. We have no idea if the game will be big like Crysis 1 or on much smaller scale. I mean, let's face it... 512MB or RAM can only render so much, and a game with that kind of graphics probably needs a lot of it. I know Yerli talked about how it was "very rare" that he would take objects out of all versions to fit on the consoles, but still.

Anyways, I knew after Crysis 1, they would eventually go onto making smaller scale, more cinematic games. I just could tell it would happen. It appears to be the case, I think it looks meh. Might still turn out to be good, but it looks meh to me honestly.

Snagal123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Snagal123

But we have only a glimpse of it. We have no idea if the game will be big like Crysis 1 or on much smaller scale. I mean, let's face it... 512MB or RAM can only render so much, and a game with that kind of graphics probably needs a lot of it. I know Yerli talked about how it was "very rare" that he would take objects out of all versions to fit on the consoles, but still.

Anyways, I knew after Crysis 1, they would eventually go onto making smaller scale, more cinematic games. I just could tell it would happen. It appears to be the case, I think it looks meh. Might still turn out to be good, but it looks meh to me honestly.

organic_machine

Well i guess we can agree to disagree. It seems your not hyped for a single FPS game that is coming out, and i'm hyped for most of them even if they aren't doing much new.

Szminsky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Szminsky
Member since 2005 • 1471 Posts

Althought the first pic looks plausible to be on consoles, the two others definetly do not. IF the game turns out to be just as good looking on consoles as those vids show, then I will be pleasantly surprised. I reserve my judgment until release. Also, remember that the framerate is the key issue here. If crysis 2 runs on consoles with that much detail, but suffers from poor framerate, it will not be gfx king on he consoles. IF they manage to keep a stable framerate (30+), then that would be awesome indeed.

To nitpick, the ground textures seem flat, and the white "goo" emerging from the monsters is really out of place. My two cents.

organic_machine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 organic_machine

Well i guess we can agree to disagree. It seems your not hyped for a single FPS game that is coming out, and i'm hyped for most of them even if they aren't doing much new.

Snagal123

Well, I'm excited for Half Life 2 Episode 3, but only because I'm so invested in the damned story that Valve refuses to finish. :x

fun-da-mental

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 fun-da-mental
Member since 2002 • 621 Posts

The draw distance on the first image are kinda crappy. Look the buildings in the background.

Snagal123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Snagal123

Well, I'm excited for Half Life 2 Episode 3, but only because I'm so invested in the damned story that Valve refuses to finish. :x

organic_machine

I want HL2 EP3, but its Valve, its so hard to hype it because who knows when it all be released, for all we know they may just scrap it and give us HL3 instead,its been long enough.

They could never ever make another game again and just live of the royalties from Steam if they wanted to, its really hard to get hyped about Valve games, they don't need to release games to make money!When its in my hands i will start to care but until then whats the point as they can not give solid release dates ever!

AAllxxjjnn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 AAllxxjjnn
Member since 2008 • 19992 Posts

The draw distance on the first image are kinda crappy. Look the buildings in the background.

fun-da-mental
So what?
T-razor1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#21 T-razor1
Member since 2002 • 1164 Posts

Lol, did people even click on the links with the gameplay footage or are you just looking at the images? Looks absolutely beautiful!

It might be PC footage actually.1stPlaceWinner

This is 360 footage because it has the button configuration prompts from the 360 controller....unless of course PCs automatically configure themselves to display 360 button prompts once a 360 controller is plugged into a PC. Again did people even click on the links and watch the whole footage :?

Snagal123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Snagal123

This is 360 footage because it has the button configuration prompts from the 360 controller....unless of course PCs automatically configure themselves to display 360 button prompts once a 360 controller is plugged into a PC. Again did people even click on the links and watch the whole footage :?

T-razor1

For many games they do.

On the Crymod forums a Crytek person has said it was either 360 or PC at 360 settings.

muscleserge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#23 muscleserge
Member since 2005 • 3307 Posts

Lol, did people even click on the links with the gameplay footage or are you just looking at the images? Looks absolutely beautiful!

[QUOTE="1stPlaceWinner"]It might be PC footage actually.T-razor1

Yes 360 bottons do appear in GFW games whin the 360 controller is plugged in, even Crysis 1 had that.
cobrax25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 cobrax25
Member since 2006 • 9649 Posts

If your trying to be sarcastic, you failed at it pretty badly. Plenty of PC games will change their display when a controller plugged in. I believe the original Crysis did, and even Brink did, where at last showing the PC version was shown being played with a 360 gamepad.

Silenthps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#25 Silenthps
Member since 2006 • 7302 Posts
the fact that so many people think its the PC version pretty much confirms it as the graphics king on consoles i guess :P
Fizzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#26 Fizzman
Member since 2003 • 9895 Posts

That has to be 360 footage otherwise its very average PC footage. Which in turn would mean the console versions would look even worse.

FIipMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 FIipMode
Member since 2009 • 10850 Posts

Actually that does happen in PC games.
T-razor1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 T-razor1
Member since 2002 • 1164 Posts

[QUOTE="T-razor1"]

[QUOTE="1stPlaceWinner"]It might be PC footage actually.cobrax25

If your trying to be sarcastic, you failed at it pretty badly. Plenty of PC games will change their display when a controller plugged in. I believe the original Crysis did, and even Brink did, where at last showing the PC version was shown being played with a 360 gamepad.

I wasn't trying to be sarcastic or anything I was honestly thinking out loud because I don't game on PCs. I guess we don't know for sure but my gut is telling me that's 360 footage. I just wish Crysis would stop playing games and just tell people when they demo some footage to just say outrightwhether itis 360 or PCfootage.

kenmid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 kenmid
Member since 2003 • 483 Posts

Im really excite how the multiplayer is going to be.

Jamiemydearx3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Jamiemydearx3
Member since 2008 • 4062 Posts

organic_machine

:lol: what in god's name are you comparing it too? Real life? :lol:

killzowned24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 killzowned24
Member since 2007 • 7345 Posts
the fact that so many people think its the PC version pretty much confirms it as the graphics king on consoles i guess :PSilenthps
I guess you didnt see the ign demo where is crashed and revealed it was pc. also, those pics are scaled down from 1080p.
mo0ksi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#32 mo0ksi
Member since 2007 • 12337 Posts
The more I see this game, the less impressed I am. I think it's pretty stupid they haven't shown any PC footage yet, and now I'm starting to doubt that it'll look all that better.
killzowned24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 killzowned24
Member since 2007 • 7345 Posts
[QUOTE="mo0ksi"]The more I see this game, the less impressed I am. I think it's pretty stupid they haven't shown any PC footage yet, and now I'm starting to doubt that it'll look all that better.

the op is pc.
SparkyProtocol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

#34 SparkyProtocol
Member since 2009 • 7680 Posts
Personally, I'm not looking forward to fighting the Pinger nearly as much as the humans.
Avatar image for deactivated-58b6232955e4a
deactivated-58b6232955e4a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 deactivated-58b6232955e4a
Member since 2006 • 15594 Posts
"quote: Originally posted by Fudsine Im just worried your starting to ignore us crytek =/ I read this forum almost everyday... and so do many of my collegues. Everyone considers crymodders as the most hardcore of fans... when media is released our fans comments are considered and taken into consideration. After being here a few months now, it is clear to me that it's everyone at Crytek's intention to make Crysis 2 and CryENGINE 3 the very best they can be on ALL supported platforms. Here is some Crysis 2 footage rendered in realtime on a PC http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2010-crysis-2/101367?type=flv" http://crymod.com/thread.php?postid=711843#post711843 THIS.... is what the pc version looks like.
windsquid9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 windsquid9000
Member since 2009 • 3206 Posts

That has to be 360 footage otherwise its very average PC footage. Which in turn would mean the console versions would look even worse.

Fizzman

A Crytek employee said it was either the 360 version or the PC version at 360 settings. The 3D trailer is what the PC version looks like.

Avatar image for deactivated-594be627b82ba
deactivated-594be627b82ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#37 deactivated-594be627b82ba
Member since 2006 • 8405 Posts

I don't know, i was more impressed by killzone 3 it looked more fun and intense too

Snagal123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Snagal123

I don't know, i was more impressed by killzone 3 it looked more fun and intense too

da_illest101

Killzone 3 looked like a Quake 2 rip off with its flying jet pack enemies. I thought they were Helghast not Strogg.

dc337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 dc337
Member since 2008 • 2603 Posts

Looks like an average sci-shooter with excellent graphics. Rage looks a lot more fun and original. I may pick up Crysis 2 when it is in the bargain bin and I have nothing else to play.

millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#40 millerlight89
Member since 2007 • 18658 Posts
It looks so awesome. I am way more hyped for 2 than I was the original?
windsquid9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 windsquid9000

Looks like an average sci-shooter with excellent graphics. Rage looks a lot more fun and original. I may pick up Crysis 2 when it is in the bargain bin and I have nothing else to play.

dc337
Persistent troll is persistent. By any chance did you just skip through the video with the volume muted? Not being interested in it is understandable, but Crysis 2 is far from average.
Golden_Boy187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Golden_Boy187
Member since 2007 • 787 Posts

fun-da-mental

lol i live in ny and there is almost no draw distance in the city

windsquid9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 windsquid9000

[QUOTE="killzowned24"][QUOTE="Silenthps"]the fact that so many people think its the PC version pretty much confirms it as the graphics king on consoles i guess :PxBarcadiax

I guess you didnt see the ign demo where is crashed and revealed it was pc. also, those pics are scaled down from 1080p.

Well you statement is completely mute for not putting up a link.

I HATE IT WHEN PEOPLE STATE THINGS AND NEVER PUT UP A LINK FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

I don't have a link to either, atm, but a Crysis employee has stated that the gameplay footage that's been shown is the PC version at 360 settings.
Golden_Boy187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Golden_Boy187
Member since 2007 • 787 Posts

[QUOTE="fun-da-mental"]

Golden_Boy187

lol i live in ny and there is almost no draw distance in the city

i can see so far in NY

deniiiii21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 deniiiii21
Member since 2007 • 1261 Posts

I am more interested in PC version, I might just skip it all together, I like the lush jungle setting more than a new york city type of a setting.

Snagal123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Snagal123

I am more interested in PC version, I might just skip it all together, I like the lush jungle setting more than a new york city type of a setting.

deniiiii21

If it was jungle again people would criticize it for that. I don't think Crytek wanted to make another jungle game either and i don't blame them, i'm glad its not a jungle we already had Crysis 1.5 with Warhead, at least you can't say Crysis 2 isin't worthy of the 2 with its complete new setting unlike alot of sequels.

AAllxxjjnn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 AAllxxjjnn
Member since 2008 • 19992 Posts

[QUOTE="deniiiii21"]

Snagal123

If it was jungle again people wouldcriticize it for that. I don't think Crytek wanted to make another jungle game either and i don't blame them, i'm glad its not a jungle we already had Crysis 1.5 with Warhead, at least you can't say Crysis 2 isin't worthy of the 2 with its complete new setting unlike alot of sequels.

I'm pretty sure after Crysis came out people were ASKING for a change in scenery.
Snagal123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Snagal123

I'm pretty sure after Crysis came out people were ASKING for a change in scenery.AAllxxjjnn

And they've got it. Complaining Crysis 2 isin't in a jungle setting is just pointless, go and play Crysis/Warhead if you want a jungle.

Crysis 2 looks like a sequel, but when i look at Dead Space 2, Killzone 3, Halo Reach etc i dont see sequels, i see expansion packs.