All Marvel games are offline by Activision and Capcom.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by Jakandsigz (4512 posts) -

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Marvel-Games-Being-Removed-From-Steam-PSN-Xbox-Live-61334.html

This is because Disney has terminated contracts with Activision and Capcom. This means that no new retail or DD download for all Marvel games from third-parties will be removed and not go through any more retail shipments.

This means that they will most likely become more rare goodies. if you nver got Deadpool, all those spider-man and X-men games, or Marvel Vs. Capcom 3, or the digital versions of the previous 2 games, than you best get on it NOW.

Because they will be gone.

Rumor has it that Disney is working on their own digital service. How that will work is not yet revealed. Similar to Origina and Steam perhaps.

#2 Posted by k2theswiss (16599 posts) -

garbage everywhere! off the shelves is a good thing

#3 Posted by Crossel777 (5595 posts) -

They don't allow Squaenix to put Kingdom Hearts on the PS Store either. Not really sure why Disney has such an issue with digital download services like Steam and PS store. Very odd indeed. I doubt they'd stand much a chance against Steam making their own digital download service.

#4 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (25552 posts) -

Awwwwwwwwwwwww dang.

I won't be able to get Marvel vs Capcom Origins now. :(

#5 Posted by Mr-Kutaragi (1967 posts) -

Disney is shit.

#6 Edited by gantarat (76 posts) -

DC VS Capcom Anyone ?

#7 Edited by Ghost120x (3909 posts) -

What the hell is Disney doing? I would really love to hear from them concerning these games and why they hate digital distribution so much. All I ever wanted was to play birth by sleep again on my vita.. sheesh.

#8 Posted by Kaze_no_Mirai (11415 posts) -

Damn it. Anyone play the Deadpool game? Target has it for 30 bucks I think and I've been on the fence about it.

#9 Posted by Slashkice (13232 posts) -
@LegatoSkyheart said:

Awwwwwwwwwwwww dang.

Despite what the OP says, Origins is still available - at least on PSN. UMvC3 is also still up for the Vita.

#10 Edited by SolidTy (43767 posts) -

This is just another reason for those pining for ALL DIGITAL FUTURES shouldn't be so quick to jump in. Companies control the digital arena, and there is no used or physical copy new Retail avenue to finding that rare game. Games digitally disappear for whatever reason and you have no other legal channel to grab the game at retail or used. With Retail, you get news like this, and you still have a shot at finding copies in the wild new and especially used.

@LegatoSkyheart said:

Awwwwwwwwwwwww dang.

MvC Origins was on sale for $3ish a week or two ago on PSN. I knew it wasn't going to get any cheaper than that, I'm not sure what you were waiting for as that a low price. Quite a few threads were talking about it here in SW as well, I know I posted about the MvC Origins sale as well as other deals, like MvC2, etc. I actually made a big deal about it a few times for members here:

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/borderlands-2-is-free-tomorrow-for-na-ps-members-30981548/

"$3.75 is a great deal for two copies of the definitive version of Spelunky (Vita and PS3), $3.75 Marvel Vs. Capcom 2, $3.75 MvC Origins, and I'm tempted on the Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara for $3.75 deal.

The best deal I got in a long time was The Walking Dead Entire Season Ep. 1-5 for $2.99 due to PS+, fantastic price for any machine. Crazy low price...."

"...I almost missed that Capcom Origin's $3.75 deal, so I know others may have missed a possible PS+ deal as well."

----

It sucks that MvC Origins released only a little over a year (Sept 2012 if I recall) ago and will be gone after so short a release span. You may have to bite the bullet at full price you want the game.

I got MvC Origins on 360 as well on sale for $11ish many months back.

Good luck.

#11 Posted by psymon100 (6138 posts) -

how strange. pull the games down from sale. but why?

maybe there is some truth to the rumour about disney starting their own digital distribution platform.

#12 Posted by Gargus (2147 posts) -

And people bitched at me when I would say buying digital games is for fools.

#13 Posted by madsnakehhh (14486 posts) -

I own UMVC3 and God what a love and hate relationship i have with that game...on one hand, the game is actually a great figther, pretty fun to play, pretty deep also and very flashy, on the other side it needs a patch, it really really needs a patch, Vergil, Dr. Doom, Zero and Morrigan are broken, plain and simple...and for a moment i thought we would eventually have one, sadly it seems now we won't have it at all.

#14 Edited by cain006 (8625 posts) -

@Gargus said:

Pretty sure you'll still be able to download the game if you bought it even though they're not on the market anymore.

#15 Posted by DocSanchez (1642 posts) -

Forget marvel vs capcom, get Capcom vs Snk 2 instead.

#16 Posted by bobbetybob (19290 posts) -
@Gargus said:

And guess what, you're still wrong. They've removed the ability to buy the games, if you own them you still own them, they can't just take away your content.

#17 Edited by El_Zo1212o (6029 posts) -

@Kaze_no_Mirai: I thought it was odd when I saw the advertisement on the XBL dashboard saying it was my last chance to buy Marvel games, I guess I know why now. Luckily, I didn't wait, and I bought Deadpool.

It is a pretty average melee/shooter that is brought up to Don't Miss heights by it's sheer hilarity. Some of the humor is pretty crass, but much of it is genuinely, eye-poppingly, riotously funny. And I don't even know much about Deadpool- I've never read any of his books or even seen him appear in anything other than games and an animated film or two.

In short, next time you see it, buy it. And don't be disappointed by the length, just play it all over again.

#18 Posted by WitIsWisdom (3801 posts) -

@bobbetybob said:
@Gargus said:

And guess what, you're still wrong. They've removed the ability to buy the games, if you own them you still own them, they can't just take away your content.

Wrong. Yes they can. You are buying a license to play the game... same as with physical copies. At any time you can be blocked from playing a digital only game. The same can NOT be said for games that are physical and can be played off line.

#19 Posted by KungfuKitten (21130 posts) -

Disney can't be as bad as Acitivision and Capcom, right? Right?!

#20 Posted by heretrix (37405 posts) -

@bobbetybob said:
@Gargus said:

You beat me to it. They are taking away a game you already bought they are just removing it from the catalog.

Also, most games you buy on a disk are just the same as the digital copies after the updates anyway. The days of buying a physical copy of a game and it it not being immediately title updated are pretty much over with. You are buying a digital copy no matter what.

#21 Posted by clyde46 (46589 posts) -

Wasn't Deadpool just on sale on Steam?

#22 Posted by Sushiglutton (5331 posts) -

They will be back soon enough. Some corporate moron just want to get some leverage in some negotiation, I wouldn't worry about it. Besides worst ything that can happen is that you wpn't be able to pay money for one of these subpar games.

@clyde46 said:

It was!

#23 Edited by lostrib (37628 posts) -

@clyde46 said:

yes, but it's not there anymore

#24 Edited by clyde46 (46589 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@clyde46 said:

yes, but it's not there anymore

Fuck sake. I was going to buy that.

#25 Edited by razgriz_101 (16871 posts) -

well thats crappy, im guessing that MvC1 is off PSN and XBLA now...*sigh*

total plebs at disney for a lack of better wording, this is only couterproductive to making money is it not?

#26 Posted by Jag85 (4598 posts) -

So that means no more MvC or Deadpool on sale anymore? F*** Disney!