All Fanboys = Scum

This topic is locked from further discussion.

kansasdude2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#1 kansasdude2009
Member since 2006 • 11802 Posts
Does everyone on this board enjoy games? Because im not quite sure... Too many people are blinded by company name and not what gaming is all about... fun.

The people making your favorite games such as Halo, Mario, or Metal Gear Solid own several consoles and play several games, so why shouldn't you? Is it that you grew up on Nintendo and think that nothing can outdo them? Is it that Sony dominated the console market for two generations now and can not fall?

Well, let me ask you, do you enjoy games? Do you truely like to play games? Because if you did, wouldn't you buy all of the best games so that you could have the best experiences? If a "cow" was playing Killzone and Final Fantasy X last gen, and a non-fanboy was playing the superior Halo and Final Fantasy X, who would you think was the truer gamer? Would it be the person who is blinded and thinks that all games on a certain console is good? Or you believe that the person who plays the best games and gets the best experiences would be the "better" gamer?

To be a fanboy is to limit your options. If you are a sheep and you enjoy Zelda, you all have to try Shadow of the Colossus, it takes elements of zelda and adds huge bosses, an insane soundtrack, and a beautiful overworld and makes one hell of a game! And the other way around...if you like SotC, Zelda TP is one amazing game!

To be a fanboy is to miss out on the best games. The Xbox last gen had some amazing games, but there was not a great variety, so why not get a PS2? The PS2 had a vast library of several outstanding games for anyone? But now the PS3 is not getting as much love as the PS2 did, so why do cows not move? Because, sony is, without a doubt going to save the console and make tons of games and the PS3 will forever be on top again!

Well, what are you cows looking forward to playing in the near future? GRAW 2? Oblivion? Heavanly Sword? Lair? All of these are going to be great games, but if you were not such a fanboy... you could be playing half of the titles mentioned right NOW!

I can understand not having money and only being able to buy 2 consoles (like me right now), but never cut down a game that is outstanding just because its not on "your" console... because that makes you scum!

If you were not a fanboy... it would not have to be Halo vs. Metroid but instead Halo and Metroid! Come on... What do you say?

+ = :)
Kook18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Kook18
Member since 2006 • 4257 Posts
Your logic is too strong for SW. But very good post none the less.
Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Shinobishyguy
Member since 2006 • 22928 Posts
Exactly. Well said! If you only own one system......chances are you are going to miss out on a lot!
iammason

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 iammason
Member since 2004 • 4189 Posts
Nice post.
dragonlife29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 dragonlife29
Member since 2005 • 14543 Posts
I don't care about fanboys; I care for the enjoyment I get out of playing games that fanboys don't get to play.

I have a vast range of games I enjoy that span many genres.

Avatar image for deactivated-5967f36c08c33
deactivated-5967f36c08c33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 deactivated-5967f36c08c33
Member since 2006 • 15614 Posts
Not all fanboys are scum.:|
kansasdude2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 kansasdude2009
Your logic is too strong for SW. But very good post none the less.
Kook18

lol
I hope people dont dismiss this as a long and dumb read... and I also hope fanboys read this.
Xgamer82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Xgamer82
Member since 2003 • 876 Posts
Unfortunately, gamespot needs this forum.  By the way, something tells me that this thread will be closed soon.
shadow_lord_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#10 shadow_lord_11
Member since 2004 • 20792 Posts
1) SW was created for and BY fanboys
2) dont like fanboys, GTFO
3) everyone in here is a fanboy one way or the other. If you werent, you wouldnt be here.
Merovingin33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 Merovingin33
Member since 2004 • 3877 Posts
every now and again someone try to pull off being the end all be all of the fighting in system war but dont get the "omg your right" and everyone just stops. lol if someone does accomplish this, they should go make world peace.
trust me your waisten your time.

but thank you for playng
Merovingin33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 Merovingin33
Member since 2004 • 3877 Posts
fanboys made the forums crash onoes
kansasdude2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 kansasdude2009
Not all fanboys are scum.:|VGobbsesser

maybe their person is not scum but their ideologies behind gaming is... no one can argue with that.
Avatar image for deactivated-5967f36c08c33
deactivated-5967f36c08c33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 deactivated-5967f36c08c33
Member since 2006 • 15614 Posts

Okay,I'm a fanboy,but I'm not blindly loyal to Nintendo.I only stick with Nintendo because they have most of the games I want and such,and not because I hate the other companies.I used to be somewhat blind and even bash the other systems,but I've gotten smarter.I respect the fact that the other console are great,but they don't appeal to me much at all.There are some games that I want,but there aren't enough for me to spend $400+ on a new console just to play them..I don't think my games are better and I don't think any console is really bad.I usually respect others' opinion and I don't bash the other systems.In the future,I may buy another system if they have enough games that I want,but for now,that doesn't seem like it will happen.

LongshotX2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 LongshotX2
Member since 2006 • 842 Posts
fanboys made the forums crash onoesMerovingin33
OMG TEH NOEZ INDID!
kansasdude2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 kansasdude2009
1) SW was created for and BY fanboys
2) dont like fanboys, GTFO
3) everyone in here is a fanboy one way or the other. If you werent, you wouldnt be here.
shadow_lord_11

I fight for the console that I believe is going to win the system war... I also fight for good games on good systems. you do not have to be a fanboy to be here. I know that fanboys is what gives this forum "life" but this is meant to open your eyes to what you could be playing.
BigDizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#17 BigDizz
Member since 2004 • 2592 Posts

OmG TC = Fanboy!!

3 pics of halo, no other game had that many!!1111!

kansasdude2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 kansasdude2009
every now and again someone try to pull off being the end all be all of the fighting in system war but dont get the "omg your right" and everyone just stops. lol if someone does accomplish this, they should go make world peace.
trust me your waisten your time.

but thank you for playng
Merovingin33

I know I pretty much am wasting my time... but games are meant to be played, and when a great game comes out that everyone should play its sad that fanboys dont wish to because its on another console.

We do so much fighting on these boards that we forget that we are gamers...
kansasdude2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 kansasdude2009

OmG TC = Fanboy!!

3 pics of halo, no other game had that many!!1111!

BigDizz

awww....you got me :(

I actually tend to lean toward Nintendo more... as I am mostly sheep because I like nitnendo's games a lot! But, I love great games and no one company can anyone the best all the time...
SergeantSnitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 SergeantSnitch
Member since 2007 • 3692 Posts
I don't care about fanboys; I care for the enjoyment I get out of playing games that fanboys don't get to play.

dragonlife29
I don't like your sig. :?
BlackDianWei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 BlackDianWei
Member since 2005 • 554 Posts
[QUOTE="dragonlife29"]I don't care about fanboys; I care for the enjoyment I get out of playing games that fanboys don't get to play.

SergeantSnitch
I don't like your sig. :?

his sig is disturbing and your sig is dangerous
kansasdude2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 kansasdude2009

Okay,I'm a fanboy,but I'm not blindly loyal to Nintendo.I only stick with Nintendo because they have most of the games I want and such,and not because I hate the other companies.I used to be somewhat blind and even bash the other systems,but I've gotten smarter.I respect the fact that the other console are great,but they don't appeal to me much at all.There are some games that I want,but there aren't enough for me to spend $400+ on a new console just to play them..I don't think my games are better and I don't think any console is really bad.I usually respect others' opinion and I don't bash the other systems.In the future,I may buy another system if they have enough games that I want,but for now,that doesn't seem like it will happen.

VGobbsesser

I can agree with that... Liking a company is a good thing because you know that you can trust them. Nintendo has never let me down and I follow them because I love their games. But, someday when you have some cash go buy a used ps2 and some games like Shadow of the Colossus... you will not be dissapointed!