Alien Isolation is good game?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for FreedomFreeLife
FreedomFreeLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Poll Alien Isolation is good game? (15 votes)

Alien Isolation is the Alien Game We've Been Waiting For 53%
Alien Isolation is good game(not best Alien game) 20%
Disappointing 27%

Liked or not?

• 
Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 Mr_Huggles_dog
Member since 2014 • 7805 Posts

I actually would like to see what ppl think of this game. I've heard that the down time between alien encounters is kinda long and once you encounter them...it's instant kill if you mess up just once since theres no way of defending yourself.....something along those lines.

But that said...I hear the down time with the atmosphere is really good at building up tension...which is exactly a good thing.

So, I've been torn on whether or not to buy this game.

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Salt_The_Fries
Member since 2008 • 12480 Posts

The game is absolutely brilliant, however not without some minor flaws but they never bring the game down. The game is rather hard and very scary and requires you to overcome your very own fear in order to step it up. Its difficulty or deaths are never cheap, though. As for screw ups, there are several shades to them, depending how badly you screwed up, but for every situation there are several ways to get away but they will require a clever use of gadgetry and EXCELLENT SPACIAL AWARENESS because you'll have to think on the fly which escape route will be the best. No two encounters are ever the same. The pacing is great, even in the segments when you don't have to deal with Alien the entire time. There aren't cheap plot twists, no melodramatic reveals within the plot either. It's a nightmare that will haunt you for long hours after you finish the game. It's a great value for the money too especially if you got the game with all the DLCs at launch, there will be 5 more DLC packs too. The campaign itself takes 15-20 hours at the very least and is never uninvolving or boring.

-SNIPclon--

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By -SNIPclon--
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

@sts106mat said:

The game is superb, it really is THE definitive alien game.

sound like someone didnot payed AVP 1999. that was amazing game

original AVP rest suck and isolation is worst. even more so that colonial marines. starting female protagonist. lol

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Mr_Huggles_dog
Member since 2014 • 7805 Posts

@Salt_The_Fries: What system did you get it for?

Reading what you said....I'm probably going to get it, but not sure if I can get the nice looking graphics on my rig. --> i5 760/GTX 680/ 12GB RAM

blangenakker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By blangenakker
Member since 2006 • 3240 Posts

Expect Outlast but bigger budget and much longer and also weapons.

Micropixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7  Edited By Micropixel
Member since 2005 • 1383 Posts

Despite some of the mixed reviews, I had some high hopes for this one. ZombiU had mixed reviews too, but I took a chance on it and loved it to pieces. I expected the same for Alien Isolation. But so far, I'm kinda regretting it.

Mind you, I'm not terribly far in the game, but so far it's been pretty dull. You spend most of the beginning feeling lost and stuck and not knowing where to go or what to do. I find myself swapping back and forth between the ship's map entirely too much trying to sort out where I'm going. It's frustrating. There's a huge lack of any real action so far, but there's plenty of button-pushing and lever-pulling if you're into that. But one thing the game does very well is build tension. Like ZombiU, every step you take, every flicker of light you see and every little noise you hear makes you worried about what could be lurking up ahead (which is usually nothing). The Graphics are also gorgeous! But unlike ZombiU, Alien Isolation really sort of drags. It takes a good while before you start to see any real action.

My opinion of the game could change as I get deeper into it, but so far, it's kinda eh.

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts

@Salt_The_Fries said:

The game is absolutely brilliant, however not without some minor flaws but they never bring the game down. The game is rather hard and very scary and requires you to overcome your very own fear in order to step it up. Its difficulty or deaths are never cheap, though. As for screw ups, there are several shades to them, depending how badly you screwed up, but for every situation there are several ways to get away but they will require a clever use of gadgetry and EXCELLENT SPACIAL AWARENESS because you'll have to think on the fly which escape route will be the best. No two encounters are ever the same. The pacing is great, even in the segments when you don't have to deal with Alien the entire time. There aren't cheap plot twists, no melodramatic reveals within the plot either. It's a nightmare that will haunt you for long hours after you finish the game. It's a great value for the money too especially if you got the game with all the DLCs at launch, there will be 5 more DLC packs too. The campaign itself takes 15-20 hours at the very least and is never uninvolving or boring.

this pretty much says it all, Game is awesome.

mikhail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 mikhail
Member since 2003 • 2697 Posts

The best Alien game is Infestation for the DS.

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Salt_The_Fries

@mr_huggles_dog said:

@Salt_The_Fries: What system did you get it for?

Reading what you said....I'm probably going to get it, but not sure if I can get the nice looking graphics on my rig. --> i5 760/GTX 680/ 12GB RAM

The game's requirements are really low, with i5 processor, 12 gigs of ram and your GPU you should be able to max it out at 1080p, ultra settings and at least 60fps!

FreedomFreeLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By FreedomFreeLife
Member since 2013 • 3948 Posts

@Micropixel said:

Despite some of the mixed reviews, I had some high hopes for this one. ZombiU had mixed reviews too, but I took a chance on it and loved it to pieces. I expected the same for Alien Isolation. But so far, I'm kinda regretting it.

Mind you, I'm not terribly far in the game, but so far it's been pretty dull. You spend most of the beginning feeling lost and stuck and not knowing where to go or what to do. I find myself swapping back and forth between the ship's map entire too much trying to sort out where I'm going. It's frustrating. There's a huge lack of any real action so far, but there's plenty of button-pushing and lever-pulling if you're into that. But one thing the game does very well is build tension. Like ZombiU, every step you take, every flicker of light you see and every little noise you hear makes you worried about what could be lurking up ahead (which is usually nothing). The Graphics are also gorgeous! But unlike ZombiU, Alien Isolation really sort of drags. It takes a good while before you start to see any real action.

My opinion of the game could change as I get deeper into it, but so far, it's kinda eh.

Well, most people loved Alien more than Aliens.

99% games are based on Aliens movie. This is first game that is based on movie Alien.

They had choice. A)Have action game without horror. or B)Have horror game without action. Developers took horror choice. I love first movie. This is classic.

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts

@sts106mat said:

@delta3074 said:

@Salt_The_Fries said:

I finished it last night, it was even better than i hoped. Easily the best alien game ever made IMO, the amount of atmosphere is off the charts. they really nailed it IMO.

Going to do crew expendable (didn't get last survivor with my copy). is crew expendable pretty long?

It can be as short or as long as you make it really, Crew expendable gives you a huge chunk of the Nostromo to explore , you can Get through it in under an hour if you just focus on getting the job done (and you re extremely lucky) but it's worth exploring the nostromo because everythings there from the Movie and then some, i thought the ALIEN was tougher in crew expendable as well.

Crew expendable does a better job than isolation of actually making you feel isolated and captures the atmosphere of the original movie perfectly imo

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#15  Edited By sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

I don't like these sort of games I prefer games like dead space and the evil within.

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Salt_The_Fries

@sts106mat said:

@delta3074 said:

@Salt_The_Fries said:

I finished it last night, it was even better than i hoped. Easily the best alien game ever made IMO, the amount of atmosphere is off the charts. they really nailed it IMO.

Going to do crew expendable (didn't get last survivor with my copy). is crew expendable pretty long?

I can sell you Last Survivor for precisely 2 quid if you're interested. That's 79 penny cheaper than from marketplace. Help a brother out coz I have nothing else to do with this code, as I got 2...

FreedomFreeLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 FreedomFreeLife

@sukraj said:

I don't like these sort of games I prefer games like dead space and the evil within.

You mean you prefer action casual game than hardcore?

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#18 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@sukraj said:

yes that's right

FreedomFreeLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 FreedomFreeLife

@sukraj said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@sukraj said:

yes that's right

Alright. Whats your top 5 favorite games of all time? I just wondering. Everyone prefer something :)

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

Just look at angry joe's review, he's the only one who isn't giving the game a low score because its harder than your average Call of Duty

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Salt_The_Fries

@sts106mat said:

@Salt_The_Fries: thats cool pal, is it a PS4 code or XB1?

I am playing AI on the PS4

It is a code that works across all the platforms. So if you want to finalize the "deal" - and you can check out the code first before you even PayPal me - hit me on PM here.