Alien Isolation gets 5 expansions, first one coming soon!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Salt_The_Fries
Member since 2008 • 12480 Posts

I wanted to tease it before but now it's official. Some of them will flesh out the story from Isolation from different perspectives, one of them will be most likely based on...ALIEN 3! By the way did you know that William Hope, lieutenant Gorman from Aliens voices Waits, one of main characters from the game?

Anyway here's the press release by the Creative Assembly:

" Creative Assembly have announcedthe first of five Survivor DLC additions, to be released on the 28th of October:“In ‘Corporate Lockdown’, you step in to the shoes of Ransome, a Seegson Executive. On discovering that he’s been abandoned by his paymasters and aware that the Torrens is on the way, he decides to hitch a ride and escape, taking with him valuable decoded Nostromo data.Before he does this, however, there are still a few loose ends he wants to tidy up…Across three new challenging, tense and terrifying maps, ‘Severance’, ‘Scorched Earth’ and ‘Loose Ends’, you’ll be pitted against other players on our online leaderboards.Will you escape the station in the fastest time possible? Or achieve the highest score with the side quests and hidden bonus objectives to claim the elevated top positions?New to ‘Corporate Lockdown’ is also Gauntlet Mode. You’ll be challenged to top the Gantlet Mode leaderboards by completing all three challenge maps back to back – without dying. Will you succeed?”

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#2  Edited By jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

Alien 3 is a shit movie, **** that garbage.

inb4 assembly cut

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Salt_The_Fries

It's not confirmed, though but hinted through the names of some PC files. One of them is called "Patna" and that was Weyland-Yutani's ship in Alien 3. But yeah, Assembly Cut is the only way to see this film, although it cuts extremely atmospheric and spine-chilling sequence with the dog and EEV.

Avatar image for FreedomFreeLife
FreedomFreeLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 FreedomFreeLife
Member since 2013 • 3948 Posts

@jg4xchamp said:

inb4 assembly cut

Alien 3 was still a lot better movie than Alien 4.

Alien and Aliens are classic

Alien 3 is just good(FUCKING MORON. LOOK DIRECTOR CUT!!!)

Alien 4 is worst movie ever made.

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Salt_The_Fries

Unfortunately Alien 4 was the only Alien movie I went to the theaters too, I saw Alien 3 on VHS when it was fresh but I wasn't even fully 12 when I went to see Resurrection but I looked like 15 so I got a pass :D

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#6 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@jg4xchamp said:

inb4 assembly cut

Alien 3 was still a lot better movie than Alien 4.

Great we're comparing the stench of dog shit vs horse shit. Truly a victory to be proud of.

PapaTrop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#7 PapaTrop
Member since 2014 • 1792 Posts

I want this game even though I think I've only ever watched one Alien movie.

Will it make me poop my pants? I tend to not wear pants when I play games, and I don't have money for a new chair.

Avatar image for FreedomFreeLife
FreedomFreeLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 FreedomFreeLife
Member since 2013 • 3948 Posts

@Salt_The_Fries said:

I wanted to tease it before but now it's official. Some of them will flesh out the story from Isolation from different perspectives, one of them will be most likely based on...ALIEN 3! By the way did you know that William Hope, lieutenant Gorman from Aliens voices Waits, one of main characters from the game?

Anyway here's the press release by the Creative Assembly:

" Creative Assembly have announcedthe first of five Survivor DLC additions, to be released on the 28th of October:“In ‘Corporate Lockdown’, you step in to the shoes of Ransome, a Seegson Executive. On discovering that he’s been abandoned by his paymasters and aware that the Torrens is on the way, he decides to hitch a ride and escape, taking with him valuable decoded Nostromo data.Before he does this, however, there are still a few loose ends he wants to tidy up…Across three new challenging, tense and terrifying maps, ‘Severance’, ‘Scorched Earth’ and ‘Loose Ends’, you’ll be pitted against other players on our online leaderboards.Will you escape the station in the fastest time possible? Or achieve the highest score with the side quests and hidden bonus objectives to claim the elevated top positions?New to ‘Corporate Lockdown’ is also Gauntlet Mode. You’ll be challenged to top the Gantlet Mode leaderboards by completing all three challenge maps back to back – without dying. Will you succeed?”

This is prequel DLC. It happens before Alien events

nutcrackr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 1

#11 nutcrackr
Member since 2004 • 13032 Posts

Survival mode is garbage, wouldn't play anymore if you paid me $20

Mr-Powers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By Mr-Powers
Member since 2013 • 508 Posts

If they're putting out all this DLC I'll just wait for the goty version next year with all of it on disc.

nutcrackr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 1

#14 nutcrackr
Member since 2004 • 13032 Posts

@sts106mat said:

@nutcrackr said:

Survival mode is garbage, wouldn't play anymore if you paid me $20

i must admit, i am not really looking forward to survival mode, i loved the SP so much though. what is it about survival mode, that makes it garbage in your opinion though?

You can speed run it in 2 minutes. It's easier to run through the level than it is to do it in stealth.

Beside that, it's a small area with a few items to collect, once you know their location there is no reason to replay it. The alien follows you far more than during the campaign too.

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

Really, really good. Long as shit but because it's so well paced it never feels boring.

DLC is gash though.

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

Alien Isolotation was to long game for its own good, i dont want to make the game even more longer. I am done with the game.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#18 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

@getyeryayasout said:

It really speaks to the quality of the original Alien and Aliens, that even though it's been nearly 30 years of bad movies, games, and spin-offs since, people still love the franchise. I'm looking forward to getting my hands on Isolation, but I may wait for the 'ultimate' bundle with all dlc included before jumping on board.

You forgot comics, side franchise aka Predator and action figures :D.

I grew up loving them >:P along with Star Trek and Star Wars, Alien(s) and Predator are among the best sci fi franchises ever. Kinda feel bad for the generation under me, the missed so much good shyt while growing up compared to us.

DarthRamms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 DarthRamms
Member since 2013 • 1128 Posts

The game was longer than it should of been

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

Was hoping for some Moist Co-Op... :(

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Salt_The_Fries

I have an amazing idea for one co-op and one competitive mode. Gotta pitch it to the devs.

donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#22  Edited By donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts

I love Isolation, but I tried Crew Expendable and didn't really think it was all that great, so I will probably pass on any DLC that doesn't offer something significantly different than the core experience as it now stands.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45101 Posts

Thanks, now I'll wait for the complete edition

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#24 ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

How about some DLC that turns the game into Aliens 2.

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Salt_The_Fries

@donalbane said:

I love Isolation, but I tried Crew Expendable and didn't really think it was all that great, so I will probably pass on any DLC that doesn't offer something significantly different than the core experience as it now stands.

The first DLC addon will have plot, though.

Avian005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#26 Avian005
Member since 2009 • 4112 Posts

I'm not the biggest fan of survival, although I do love the campaign. Hopefully these new maps will be more story driven.