Alien: Isolation - Fail or success?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for FreedomFreeLife
FreedomFreeLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By FreedomFreeLife
Member since 2013 • 3948 Posts

I really hope that Alien: Isolation will be good game but im scared it wont be.

First of all, game is 12-15 hour long.

There is only 1 alien, no weapons, nothing else. I am not so sure about "not repeating same ways, same sports ALIEN thing. I mean i watched IGN reaction, 12 different players played and alien always came from same place and nothing really changed. When you die, you respawn and fix your mistake.

Im not sure how this game works 15hour without any shooting or stuff. Only sneaking.

Game looks great, score is fantastic but im scared that game will turn out boring or bad.

Im not sure about every time different gameplay because map is tight and very linear.

This game would be great if it was 12 hour long time game and you can only have 3 save game for a whole game. once you die, you start at very beggining. I really want this game to be very realistic and hard but i have feel that we get easy gameplay game.

melonfarmerz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By melonfarmerz
Member since 2014 • 1294 Posts

After colonial marines, not trusting any media i see on this game. Considering how they blatantly lied in that game

naz99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By naz99
Member since 2002 • 2941 Posts

@SNIPER4321: ones an action fps the other is survival horror....stop. being dense by comparing them.

Also you aint played isolation so your opinion is pointless

@freedomfreelife

The demo was meant as a media showcase,to show the atmosphere they have created,with such a short demo I would not be surprised it was on a set path,but for the full game that will not be the case

Avatar image for deactivated-5bda06edf37ee
deactivated-5bda06edf37ee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5  Edited By deactivated-5bda06edf37ee
Member since 2010 • 4675 Posts

seems like a success to me. it captures the feel of Alien, and i don't require quite so much when it comes to horror games (and i mean "first-person game-movies" like Amnesia etc. where the gameplay is a secondary thing to begin with). all i need is some tension and a story that would even barely hold together. even at 7/10 i'd buy this hands down.

if it would've been an action shooter like Colonial Marines, i would have 0 faith in it.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#6 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

Creative Assembly = Success . Expect bugs on game's launch though .

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 deactivated-5bda06edf37ee

i'm a bit worried that Aliens might not be scary enough for this kind of a game. in most horror games the fear of unknown is the scariest thing. when you know there's something in the darkness, but you have no idea what it is. in Alien Isolation, we know exactly what there is.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Cloud_imperium

@groowagon said:

i'm a bit worried that Aliens might not be scary enough for this kind of a game. in most horror games the fear of unknown is the scariest thing. when you know there's something in the darkness, but you have no idea what it is. in Alien Isolation, we know exactly what there is.

Good point . May be they have figured something out to fix that . May be there is more to it than we know .?

santoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 santoron
Member since 2006 • 8584 Posts

Looks promising to me.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

Where are you getting your intel from ?

The Alien maybe untouchable but there are other things to fight.

Level Design will be open ended and feature multiple entrances and exits.

Also limited saves and permadeath are not gona make the game harder, just cheaper and tedius.

And I cannot stress this last part enough: ALIENS ARE NOT REALISTIC ! ! !.

Also if you're gona make an Anti-Hype Thread... Use accurate information.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By deactivated-5bda06edf37ee

@Cloud_imperium said:

@groowagon said:

Good point . May be they have figured something out to fix that . May be there is more to it than we know .?

maybe, but this game seems to be very faithful to the original movie, so i doubt it...

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By misterpmedia
Member since 2013 • 6209 Posts

@groowagon said:

Spot on.

Also with the increase of 'Hide'&'Go Seek' Amnesia clones, some are bound to fall by the way side. To be honest I see this game being one. Hopefully devs will have this hindsight and start making more engaging horror games that don't rely on the simplest of gameplay styles. Leave Amnesia as the true successor of that subgenre.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Cloud_imperium

@groowagon said:

@Cloud_imperium said:

@groowagon said:

maybe, but this game seems to be very faithful to the original movie, so i doubt it...

Let's see how this turns out .

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 deactivated-5bda06edf37ee

@misterpmedia said:

@groowagon said:

Spot on.

Also with the increase of 'Hide'&'Go Seek' Amnesia clones, some are bound to fall by the way side. To be honest I see this game being one. Hopefully devs will have this hindsight and start making more engaging horror games that don't rely on the simplest of gameplay styles. Leave Amnesia as the true successor of that subgenre.

totally agree. you can only stand out in comparison to Amnesia by improving the gameplay side. not by attempting to clone it.

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#15  Edited By R3FURBISHED
Member since 2008 • 12408 Posts

@FreedomFreeLife: Maybe you've never seen it, but it is amazing

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Salt_The_Fries
Member since 2008 • 12480 Posts

Why won't you use my ongoing hype thread instead? http://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/alien-isolation-game-of-the-show-egx-out-07-10-14-31020937/?page=1

Sorry for not linkifying it - I'm on my phone at the moment.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#17  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59088 Posts

Honestly, for the niggles I really liked Prometheus. I wanna play as that space lady with a mans head in bag with big 9 foot tall bald men chasing you,. Xenomorphs have been done to death.

Avatar image for FreedomFreeLife
FreedomFreeLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By FreedomFreeLife
Member since 2013 • 3948 Posts

@R3FURBISHED said:

one of the best movies but game is 15hr long and only sneaking. how this will work?

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#19  Edited By R3FURBISHED
Member since 2008 • 12408 Posts

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@R3FURBISHED said:

one of the best movies but game is 15hr long and only sneaking. how this will work?

I'm guessing there is going to be more to this game than just sneaking around. I'd imagine a big part of the game will be understanding what is going on, maybe a sort of mystery or adventure elements.

From what I've read its going to be a character piece more than anything.

It’s about adopting the best minute-to-minute tactics and responding to that dreaded blip, whether that’s retreating or hiding. But the game’s cruel.

Big_Pecks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#20 Big_Pecks
Member since 2010 • 5973 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

Honestly, for the niggles I really liked Prometheus. I wanna play as that space lady with a mans head in bag with big 9 foot tall bald men chasing you,. Xenomorphs have been done to death.

If they make any more Alien games; and they shouldn't; then this should be it.

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Salt_The_Fries

There is crafting system in the game and Alien is never scripted apart from occasional setpieces. There are also other survivors on the station. Plus there might be some sections in outer space or fixing broken machinery. That should be fun.

blangenakker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 blangenakker
Member since 2006 • 3240 Posts

How are we meant to know, its not out yet.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#23  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44616 Posts

I think lots of people want it to be good and have those same worries, after all the license kind of has a curse on it.

In the last two decades there hasn't been much satisfying Aliens games, Rebellion's AVP on Jaguar was disappointing and that was a game that was my main reason for even getting a Jaguar, Rebellion's AVP on PC also wasn't good. I was pleasantly surprised with Monolith's AVP2, and I came to love many of their dark and horror themed games over the years, tragic Sega didn't want to guarantee success by going with them. When it come to making the AVP 2010 game Sega went with Rebellion, who was 2 for 2 in making shitty AVP games in the past, I don't know why they did that. Sega made a smarter move going with Gearbox to make Colonial Marines, unfortunately Gearbox ripped them off and used the money to fund their other games. Not to mention movies went downhill as well, Alien: Ressurection (garbage), AVP and AVP 2 (garbage), Prometheus... I'm waiting for the sequel to hold off judgement. Anyhow, only one good game out of five shitty games...

...actually, I forgot about Alien Trilogy on PS1, that was a great game, made by Acclaim, who also made the Alien 3 game on SNES which was also really good. Oh, I guess Gearbox did do one thing good with the Aliens franchise, they made Aliens: Infestation on the DS which I think is pretty cool. Oh, and how can I forget about Alien 3: The Gun.

Hmm, on second thought, maybe the series isn't as cursed as I thought.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#24  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59088 Posts

@lamprey263 said:
Rebellion's AVP on PC also wasn't good.

My friend, I feel deeply you are wrong as ****. The player has no scripted idea from where the aliens beyond the scanner. They come in unlimited number. They move at an incredible speed both on walls and on the ground. You die with almost one hit. The player gets easily lost in a maze of corridors. It is night on the perfect aliens game.

hehe101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#25 hehe101
Member since 2011 • 734 Posts

@uninspiredcup:

Agreed on that I loved playing alien, even the OP predators who spam cannon struggled!

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts
@SNIPER4321 said:

i expect it to be fail. just like alien vs predater 2010 and colonial marines.

it cant be as good as classic AvP game.

a. they weren't that good

b. it's a different genre

c. lol sniper post

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@R3FURBISHED said:

i don't remember how long was amnesia but it worked in that game.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#27  Edited By foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

@FreedomFreeLife said:

There is only 1 alien, no weapons, nothing else.

Like the first movie, which made the entire franchise what it is today.

DefconRave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#28 DefconRave
Member since 2013 • 806 Posts

Playing hide and seek for 12 hrs seems really boring to me. Hopefully we can use other crew members as bait, would create some lord of the flies scenarios ;)

ArisShadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 ArisShadows
Member since 2004 • 22784 Posts

I am excited for this one.

Avatar image for StrongBlackVine
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 StrongBlackVine
Member since 2012 • 13262 Posts

Fail. Being defenseless is not my idea of a fun game. I'll play something like Outlast on PS Plus, but buying something similar for $60 is not happening.

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Salt_The_Fries

Did Creative Assembly endorse mods for Total War series on PC? If so, this could have strong PC following.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46449 Posts

@Salt_The_Fries said:

Did Creative Assembly endorse mods for Total War series on PC? If so, this could have strong PC following.

Yes, Rome II supports steam workshop and modding and they even held a mod conference.