ALIEN Isolation coming out next year!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by Salt_The_Fries (8843 posts) -

Despite the massive disgrace that was Aliens Colonial Marines, which almost singlehandedly ruined the franchise's reputation and made me cancel my pre-order by refusing to accept the shipment (lol), I'm very hopeful for this one as it is shaping to be an unique experience the Alien universe always deserved to be!

Here's the story, courtesy of Eurogamer:

[img]http://images.eurogamer.net/2013/articles/1/6/3/9/7/0/4/138658637495.jpg[/img]

Leaked artwork has backed up reports that

Creative Assembly's secret Alien game will be

called Alien: Isolation and revolve around

Amanda Ripley, daughter of the Ellen Ripley

character made famous by actress Sigourney

Weaver.

The artwork, below, popped up on NeoGAF, and

features the game name and an image of

someone who is no doubt Amanda Ripley.

A Kotaku report from October claimed the game

was a first-person shooter that combines stealth

and horror to achieve something akin to

Dishonored and BioShock. Twentieth Century Fox

recently trademarked the name Alien: Isolation.

Isolation is apparently on course for a current

and next-gen console release (and presumably

also PC) at some point next year. Sega is yet to

comment.

[img]http://images.eurogamer.net/2013/articles/1/6/3/9/7/0/4/138658638963.jpg/EG11/resize/599x-1/quality/80[/img]

#2 Posted by Salt_The_Fries (8843 posts) -

I'm on my phone, I'm not sure if you can see the pictures - if not feel free to linkify them.

The second picture should be:

[img]http://images.eurogamer.net/2013/articles/1/6/3/9/7/0/4/138658638963.jpg[/img]

#3 Posted by Heil68 (44697 posts) -

#4 Edited by PyratRum (561 posts) -

Cautiously optimistic as anything that Creative Assembly has done other than Total War has pretty much sucked.

#5 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38216 posts) -

Kinda weird that it's the Total War guys making it but hey it can't be any worse then Gearbox's failed effort.

Let's see what they can do

#6 Posted by Doom_HellKnight (12202 posts) -

I hope this game delivers. The premise is promising. Plus, the art with what I assume is Amanda Ripley's face would make a great piece of box art, especially amongst the crowds of box arts that throw a man holding a gun on the front.

#7 Posted by AtariKidX (6278 posts) -

I hope it is better than Aliens C.M.I like alien games.

#8 Posted by jer_1 (7451 posts) -

It would be awesome if this turns out well.

#9 Posted by Animal-Mother (26962 posts) -

Here you are saying they almost ruined the whole franchise reputation by one game.

This game seems to have already ruined it 10x

"

Leaked artwork has backed up reports that

Creative Assembly's secret Alien game will be

called Alien: Isolation and revolve around

Amanda Ripley, daughter of the Ellen Ripley

character made famous by actress Sigourney

Weaver."

RIpleys daughter was dead in Aliens.

Does anybody remember the scene where they catch her up on like the last 70 years? And Specifically mention her daughters dead?

Or did I miss something and this is a prequel?

#10 Posted by psymon100 (6138 posts) -

please don't suck

#11 Posted by CleanPlayer (9816 posts) -

I hope this game is good and embodies some type of Amnesia-like horror

#12 Posted by Salt_The_Fries (8843 posts) -

This is a prequel, yes, and will draw heavily from ALIEN not Aliens, as well as Dead Space. It was initially stated to be a third person game, though now they claim it's FPP. IMO retconing the story with Ripley's daughter is a good way to go. Apart from disregarding Colonial Marines and setting it after the end of Alien 3, there wouldn't be many other options to choose from.

#13 Posted by Animal-Mother (26962 posts) -

@Salt_The_Fries said:

This is a prequel, yes, and will draw heavily from ALIEN not Aliens, as well as Dead Space. It was initially stated to be a third person game, though now they claim it's FPP. IMO retconing the story with Ripley's daughter is a good way to go. Apart from disregarding Colonial Marines and setting it after the end of Alien 3, there wouldn't be many other options to choose from.

Well you're right. It is the only way to go.

It's only inspiration can be alien

#14 Posted by nini200 (9805 posts) -

@psymon100 said:

please don't suck

This is all I ask, outside of WiiMote and Nunchuck support if it's a FPS or TPS.

#15 Edited by kingtito (4966 posts) -

@Animal-Mother said:

Here you are saying they almost ruined the whole franchise reputation by one game.

This game seems to have already ruined it 10x

"

Leaked artwork has backed up reports that

Creative Assembly's secret Alien game will be

called Alien: Isolation and revolve around

Amanda Ripley, daughter of the Ellen Ripley

character made famous by actress Sigourney

Weaver."

RIpleys daughter was dead in Aliens.

Does anybody remember the scene where they catch her up on like the last 70 years? And Specifically mention her daughters dead?

Or did I miss something and this is a prequel?

That wasn't her daughter and her name was Rebecca not Amanda. Where the daughter comes from is a mystery. Perhaps she had a daughter just before Alien and it's more of an inbetween Alien and Aliens while Ripley was in hypersleep time period.

#16 Posted by psymon100 (6138 posts) -

@kingtito said:

@Animal-Mother said:

Here you are saying they almost ruined the whole franchise reputation by one game.

This game seems to have already ruined it 10x

"

Leaked artwork has backed up reports that

Creative Assembly's secret Alien game will be

called Alien: Isolation and revolve around

Amanda Ripley, daughter of the Ellen Ripley

character made famous by actress Sigourney

Weaver."

RIpleys daughter was dead in Aliens.

Does anybody remember the scene where they catch her up on like the last 70 years? And Specifically mention her daughters dead?

Or did I miss something and this is a prequel?

That wasn't her daughter and her name was Rebecca not Amanda. Where the daughter comes from is a mystery. Perhaps she had a daughter just before Alien and it's more of an inbetween Alien and Aliens while Ripley was in hypersleep time period.

In Aliens, (1986), there is a scene where Ellen Ripley is in the orbital hospital and Burke (played by that funny guy) comes to talk to Ripley about the state of things. In this conversation he explains about her drifting through hypersleep for a long time, and also shows a picture of an old woman, whom Burke introduces as Amanda Ripley, aged fifty-something ... and that was at the time of her death. Ripley cries because she promised to return to earth by her 11th birthday or something. Now weirdly if I'm remembering this correctly, this scene is later revealed to be a dream. But Burke comes by later to some pretend garden and they talk about Amanda some more.

So yes, the daughter must exist from before the events of Alien. So I suppose if they're sticking with the Lore, Amanda Ripley MUST survive the game's plot to live on into her fifties, and if the character is 20-40 years old (guessing the age of the video game protagonist) then the events of this game should be ~9-19years after the events of Alien. No colony on LV-426, Weyland-Utani still want someone to investigate the derelict's beacon and retrieve a specimen.

Hope this helps. have seen the film over 20 times. The greatest goat of all time.

#17 Posted by Animal-Mother (26962 posts) -

@psymon100 said:

@kingtito said:

@Animal-Mother said:

Here you are saying they almost ruined the whole franchise reputation by one game.

This game seems to have already ruined it 10x

"

Leaked artwork has backed up reports that

Creative Assembly's secret Alien game will be

called Alien: Isolation and revolve around

Amanda Ripley, daughter of the Ellen Ripley

character made famous by actress Sigourney

Weaver."

RIpleys daughter was dead in Aliens.

Does anybody remember the scene where they catch her up on like the last 70 years? And Specifically mention her daughters dead?

Or did I miss something and this is a prequel?

That wasn't her daughter and her name was Rebecca not Amanda. Where the daughter comes from is a mystery. Perhaps she had a daughter just before Alien and it's more of an inbetween Alien and Aliens while Ripley was in hypersleep time period.

In Aliens, (1986), there is a scene where Ellen Ripley is in the orbital hospital and Burke (played by that funny guy) comes to talk to Ripley about the state of things. In this conversation he explains about her drifting through hypersleep for a long time, and also shows a picture of an old woman, whom Burke introduces as Amanda Ripley, aged fifty-something ... and that was at the time of her death. Ripley cries because she promised to return to earth by her 11th birthday or something. Now weirdly if I'm remembering this correctly, this scene is later revealed to be a dream. But Burke comes by later to some pretend garden and they talk about Amanda some more.

So yes, the daughter must exist from before the events of Alien. So I suppose if they're sticking with the Lore, Amanda Ripley MUST survive the game's plot to live on into her fifties, and if the character is 20-40 years old (guessing the age of the video game protagonist) then the events of this game should be ~9-19years after the events of Alien. No colony on LV-426, Weyland-Utani still want someone to investigate the derelict's beacon and retrieve a specimen.

Hope this helps. have seen the film over 20 times. The greatest goat of all time.

I knew exactly what he was thinking when he said rebecca.

That's Newt he's thinking of.

And that scene is from one of camerons extended cuts when he shows the picture of ripleys dead daughter amanda.

And I agree with ya the movies amazing.

#18 Edited by kingtito (4966 posts) -

@psymon100: Right right I completely forgot about that scene. Good memory

Then the time period has to be between Alien and Aliens.

#19 Edited by lamprey263 (23982 posts) -

considering how cursed the franchise is I'm guessing it'll be a disappointing failure

and I'm aware people love Creative Assembly's games like the Total War games, and they do a lot of these kinds of games, which kind of makes me wonder if they're even right for the Aliens franchise, especially as games like Stormrise or Viking: Battle for Asgard don't fill me with much confidence in this undertaking

then again I'd love to be proven wrong, I desperately want a great addition into the Alien universe and AVP 2010 and Aliens: Colonial Marines were disastrous, Rebellion seems just as incompetent with the latest game was they were with the Atari Jaguar game and GearBox didn't seem to give two shits about how their project ended up, hopefully Creative Assembly is taking their time

some companies have pleasantly surprised me though, like I was worried about Blue Castle taking over Dead Rising since all they had done until then was The Bigs but they've actually improved on the series IMO so fingers crossed it can happen again with Creative Assembly, and hopefully they respect the franchise and will give it their all

#20 Posted by R4gn4r0k (16615 posts) -

Not getting hyped for an Aliens game ever again, after that awful, truly awful Colonial Marines.

@AtariKidX said:

I hope it is better than Aliens C.M.I like alien games.

Well, at least it can't be worse :)

@lamprey263 said:

and I'm aware people love Creative Assembly's games like the Total War games, and they do a lot of these kinds of games, which kind of makes me wonder if they're even right for the Aliens franchise, especially as games like Stormrise or Viking: Battle for Asgard don't fill me with much confidence in this undertaking

Those are made by different teams. Apparently this is being made by the team that brought us the amazing Total War games.

The other, Australian Creative Assembly made Stormrise and Viking and Spartan.

#21 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38216 posts) -

@Animal-Mother said:

Here you are saying they almost ruined the whole franchise reputation by one game.

This game seems to have already ruined it 10x

"

Leaked artwork has backed up reports that

Creative Assembly's secret Alien game will be

called Alien: Isolation and revolve around

Amanda Ripley, daughter of the Ellen Ripley

character made famous by actress Sigourney

Weaver."

RIpleys daughter was dead in Aliens.

Does anybody remember the scene where they catch her up on like the last 70 years? And Specifically mention her daughters dead?

Or did I miss something and this is a prequel?

Honestly, canon be damned as long as it's a fucking good Aliens game this time.

The story has never been the issue with these types of games so I'd like to see it have decent mechanics first and foremost. I'll worry about story after