After everything, I guess X1 is winning so far.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#51 Edited by B4X (5660 posts) -

#52 Edited by SolidGame_basic (19163 posts) -

This is a top 5 candidate for most nonsensical thread in SW 2014

#53 Edited by KungfuKitten (21401 posts) -

Not in terms of games or sales or reputation or service or quality or ergonomics or power or localization or community or bang for your buck. Nope. I suppose they have better Bing than PS4.

#54 Posted by Heil68 (46840 posts) -

Obviously PS4 is selling a lot more units,...

Also ha the best 3rd party and most exclusives and thus SDC.

#55 Edited by Nike_Air (18425 posts) -

@gamersjustgame said:

The X1 may have the better exclusives currently (by default), but PS4 does run most multiplat games with better performance. So to say X1 is winning because it currently has better exclusive games is dumb.

It doesn't have better exclusives , though These are the notable ones - inFAMOUS , Killzone , Resogun vs. Forza , Killer Instinct. Take your pick. I'm taking PS4's.

Then there's #DRIVECLUB and Sunset Overdrive this year (mainly) - I'll leave inFAMOUS First Light and Killzone SF Intercept out , but they are standalone games (exclusives) though if it really matters. I don't know the details of KI S2 and don't care enough to look it up.

Next year -

• The Order 1886 , Bloodborne , Uncharted 4 , and whatever else makes it
  • Fable Legends , Quantum Break , Halo 5 , and whatever else makes it.

A couple of the Xbone games look like they could come to PC later. Microsoft has a troubled history of locking down some 3rd party games for good , obviously.- The crappy Ryse and DR3 as recent examples.

#56 Posted by Solid_Max13 (3548 posts) -

So basically TC has an opinion and thinks that sales and reviews don't matter, sorry to burst your bubble but the Xbone does indeed have a few good games as does PS4 and Wii U probably smokes both in terms of score and library but fact is fact Xbone is losing and despite having a "good library" and looking into your crystal ball until 2016 with amazing games that you know the score of already, real life XBone isn't winning and is last place

#57 Edited by intotheminx (871 posts) -

Where is the rest?

#58 Posted by B4X (5660 posts) -

@Nike_Air said:

@gamersjustgame said:

The X1 may have the better exclusives currently (by default), but PS4 does run most multiplat games with better performance. So to say X1 is winning because it currently has better exclusive games is dumb.

It doesn't have better exclusives , though These are the notable ones - inFAMOUS , Killzone , Resogun vs. Forza , Killer Instinct. Take your pick. I'm taking PS4's.

Then there's #DRIVECLUB and Sunset Overdrive this year (mainly) - I'll leave inFAMOUS First Light and Killzone SF Intercept out , but they are standalone games (exclusives) though if it really matters. I don't know the details of KI S2 and don't care enough to look it up.

Next year -

A couple of the Xbone games look like they could come to PC later. Microsoft has a troubled history of locking down some 3rd party games for good , obviously.- The crappy Ryse and DR3 as recent examples.

Breakdown...."All games that are NOT on the PS4 don't count!"

#59 Posted by Nike_Air (18425 posts) -

@b4x said:

@Nike_Air said:

@gamersjustgame said:

Next year -

If you want to go that route , the PS4 is fucking destroying the Xbone in library , by more than 3 to 1 in good games or better Focusing on "exclusives" is the only way the Xbone is even going to be able to hang with PS4.

#60 Edited by B4X (5660 posts) -

@Nike_Air said:

@b4x said:

@Nike_Air said:

@gamersjustgame said:

Next year -

If you want to go that route , the PS4 is fucking destroying the Xbone in library , by more than 3 to 1 in good games or better Focusing on "exclusives" is the only way the Xbone is even going to be able to hang with PS4.

You're fucking high my man.

#61 Posted by DaBrainz (7721 posts) -

No if number of good games is the criterion then it's: PC>WiiU>X1>PS4. X1 is 3rd.

#62 Posted by Heirren (18811 posts) -

@inb4uall said:

As far as this gen Wii U has far better games/library than the xbone. Overall PC has the best games. TC on the other hand has a few missing brain cells.

I don't understand why gamers don't buy a wiiu. It is not expensive and has great games. People will buy the most mediocre shit on X1 and PS4 for 60 dollars. A few games in and you've got yourself a wiiu with games that can already be bought for $20 to $30.

#63 Posted by PS4hasNOgames (2307 posts) -

@Heirren said:

@inb4uall said:

As far as this gen Wii U has far better games/library than the xbone. Overall PC has the best games. TC on the other hand has a few missing brain cells.

I don't understand why gamers don't buy a wiiu. It is not expensive and has great games. People will buy the most mediocre shit on X1 and PS4 for 60 dollars. A few games in and you've got yourself a wiiu with games that can already be bought for $20 to $30.

because some people don't like baby characters jumping on top of mushrooms, they like realistic shooting and killing games. a wii U is either for a young elementary school kid, or a 30 year old hipster. its not really a "cool" console.

#64 Edited by PS4hasNOgames (2307 posts) -

@Floppy_Jim said:

@Mickael said:

@ps4hasnogames: I'll bite, troll. What are these magic games that will be coming out for the xbone that won't be seeing the light of day on the PS4 until after 2016?

@CyberLips said:

What better games are you talking about exactly?

@blamix99 said:

what games on X1 is he talking about? what does X1 have in 2015 anyway?

So will you guys use your powers of invisibility for good or evil?

D4, sunset overdrive, halo 5, halo MCC, quantum break, fable, forza horizon 2, titanfall (console exclusive so far), dead rising 3, crackdown. I'm sure even more will be announced. Please prove me wrong that ps4 has better games, not indie, I'm talking big budget games. All I know of is drive club, the order, and MAYBEEEE Uncharted 4.

#65 Edited by Floppy_Jim (25834 posts) -

@ps4hasnogames said:

@Floppy_Jim said:

@Mickael said:

@ps4hasnogames: I'll bite, troll. What are these magic games that will be coming out for the xbone that won't be seeing the light of day on the PS4 until after 2016?

@CyberLips said:

@blamix99 said:

D4, sunset overdrive, halo 5, halo MCC, quantum break, fable, forza horizon 2, titanfall (console exclusive so far), dead rising 3, crackdown. I'm sure even more will be announced. Please prove me wrong that ps4 has better games, not indie, I'm talking big budget games. All I know of is drive club, the order, and MAYBEEEE Uncharted 4.

What specifically makes Halo 5, Quantom Break, SS OD, Titanfall, Dead Rising 3, D4, Forza Horizon 2, Fable and Crackdown 3 superior to Uncharted 4, Bloodborne, Driveclub, Infamous 3, The Order, LBP 3, Planetside 2, Ratchet Remake, No Man's Sky, Deep Down, etc?

For the sake of consistency, how is anyone here meant to convince you that a list of PS4 games they haven't played yet is better than a list of Xbone games they haven't played yet?

#66 Edited by PS4hasNOgames (2307 posts) -

@Floppy_Jim said:

@ps4hasnogames said:

@Floppy_Jim said:

@Mickael said:

@CyberLips said:

@blamix99 said:

What specifically makes Halo 5, Quantom Break, SS OD, Titanfall, Dead Rising 3, D4, Forza Horizon 2, Fable and Crackdown 3 superior to Uncharted 4, Bloodborne, Driveclub, Infamous 3, The Order, LBP 3, Planetside 2, Ratchet Remake, No Man's Sky, Deep Down, etc?

For the sake of consistency, how is anyone here meant to convince you that a list of PS4 games they haven't played yet is better than a list of Xbone games they haven't played yet?

No mans sky does look good, I forgot about that one. LBP 3....cmon man please. For some reason, those X1 games just look more fun to play, the PS4 games just look more artsy fartsy. Believe me if I was at all excited about the PS4 games I would show it, the only one that catches my eye is Uncharted and I would much rather play Quantum break at this point.

#67 Edited by cainetao11 (19289 posts) -

@ps4hasnogames said:

Obviously PS4 is selling a lot more units, and its a great system, but as far as games go....the X1 has had the better games and will continue to have the better games until at least 2016. Anyone who disagrees is just in denial. I love sony, and I'm sure PS4 will end up with the best games in the end just like PS3 did last gen. But so far theres no denying the X1 is bringing its users the most joy so far, and thats what matters most. Having multi plats look a hair better does not win a generation, PC users know all about that.

There is no way this can proved to be a fact that all must accept. For me? Yes the X1 out the gate has more of what I want. Hence I bought one. But it isn't anything more than personal preference.

#68 Posted by Floppy_Jim (25834 posts) -

@ps4hasnogames said:

@Floppy_Jim said:

@ps4hasnogames said:

@Floppy_Jim said:

@Mickael said:

@CyberLips said:

@blamix99 said:

No mans sky does look good, I forgot about that one. LBP 3....cmon man please. For some reason, those X1 games just look more fun to play, the PS4 games just look more artsy fartsy. Believe me if I was at all excited about the PS4 games I would show it, the only one that catches my eye is Uncharted and I would much rather play Quantum break at this point.

Well you mentioned Dead Rising 3 and a Fable spin-off, hardly software that will grab the gaming world by its balls.

So one console's games look more fun, the other looks "artsy fartsy". Er...alright. I'm not getting that same impression of the lineups but of course, you're free to like whatever you want. Our opinions will never decide which console is "winning", that's down to sales figures and Gamespot/Metacritic high scores or whatever site the cool kids of today use.

#69 Posted by CyberLips (1824 posts) -

@ps4hasnogames said:

Driveclub, Bloodborne, Infamous SS, LBP 3, The Order, Uncharted 4, Killzone SF, Resogun.

There is no way for me to "prove" to you that PS4 has better games because obviously you're not interested in any of those. You can't say XboxOne is winning because of better games because that's YOUR opinion and frankly the only X1 exclusive that interests me is Quantum Break.

Now, you can state facts. Fact, PS4 has better hardware. Fact, PS4 is outselling the XboxOne by a large amount of units.

And Titanfall is a multiplat.

#70 Posted by Heirren (18811 posts) -

@ps4hasnogames said:

@Heirren said:

@inb4uall said:

because some people don't like baby characters jumping on top of mushrooms, they like realistic shooting and killing games. a wii U is either for a young elementary school kid, or a 30 year old hipster. its not really a "cool" console.

Exactly my point. It just has great games. What is popular right now is what is wrong with the industry.

#71 Edited by Kjranu (1273 posts) -

@inb4uall said:

As far as this gen Wii U has far better games/library

#72 Posted by ominous_titan (804 posts) -

There are no winners so far this gen. It's been slow start for all. As the gap between systems widens it's evident Sony has the upper hand and it will only widen by the end of this holiday season. The wii u and bone will battle it out for second place this gen. I'm not placing PC into this equation pc gamers will always be pc and their generations aren't as easily defined

#73 Posted by cantloginnow (301 posts) -

Agree,ps4 has no games.Its a crappy console,

#74 Posted by lostrib (42208 posts) -

@ominous_titan said:

There are no winners so far this gen. It's been slow start for all. As the gap between systems widens it's evident Sony has the upper hand and it will only widen by the end of this holiday season. The wii u and bone will battle it out for second place this gen. I'm not placing PC into this equation pc gamers will always be pc and their generations aren't as easily defined

Plus they would win

#75 Edited by AmazonAngry (968 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@ominous_titan said:

Plus they would win

#76 Posted by lostrib (42208 posts) -

@amazonangry said:

@lostrib said:

@ominous_titan said:

Plus they would win

stop spreading hate

#77 Edited by AmazonAngry (968 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@amazonangry said:

@lostrib said:

@ominous_titan said:

Plus they would win

stop spreading hate

#78 Posted by lostrib (42208 posts) -

@amazonangry said:

@lostrib said:

@amazonangry said:

@lostrib said:

@ominous_titan said:

Plus they would win

stop spreading hate

what hate?

#79 Posted by inb4uall (6390 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

Why does PC having most exclusives & best third party equate to SDC again?

#80 Posted by CyberLips (1824 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@amazonangry said:

what hate?

Oh come ON. ;)

#81 Posted by SambaLele (5537 posts) -

Of course it is TC, don't you worry about a thing.

#82 Edited by blackace (21378 posts) -

@ps4hasnogames said:

Obviously PS4 is selling a lot more units, and its a great system, but as far as games go....the X1 has had the better games and will continue to have the better games until at least 2016. Anyone who disagrees is just in denial. I love sony, and I'm sure PS4 will end up with the best games in the end just like PS3 did last gen. But so far theres no denying the X1 is bringing its users the most joy so far, and thats what matters most. Having multi plats look a hair better does not win a generation, PC users know all about that.

I completely agree at least for the rest of 2014 and part of 2015, BUT (yeah it's a big 'But') we really don't know what Sony, Nintendo and Microsoft will delivery in 2015. We know a few of the games coming in 2015, but we know there will definitely be more and that will be key. Also we need to see what Sony, Nintendo and Microsoft show at Gamescom & TGS. The PS4 still has more games overall, but the majority of them are Indie games. That's really the main reason they have more games. Besides Infamous SS, there hasn't been any stellar non-indie exclusive games on the PS4 yet. That could change with Drive Club & LBP3 though.

#83 Posted by PurpleMan5000 (7828 posts) -

The Xbone is in 3rd, behind the PC and Wii U, if you are saying the system with the best games wins.

#84 Posted by Heil68 (46840 posts) -

@inb4uall said:

@Heil68 said:

Why does PC having most exclusives & best third party equate to SDC again?

Because SONY and the illustrious PS4 is on a ROLL brother. IT's magical to be a part of.

#85 Edited by lglz1337 (4117 posts) -

i need your drugs TC!

#86 Posted by shawn30 (4367 posts) -

Sales wise, no way. But in terms of gaming libraries today and to come I do think the Xbox One's is superior. But that's just one persons opinion. :)

#87 Edited by blackace (21378 posts) -

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@ps4hasnogames said:

Having multi plats look a hair better does not win a generation, PC users know all about that.

No, but having the most high-scoring games and the best looking ("by a hair") and running (fps and load time) version of multiplats does win a gen.

PC users do know all about that indeed.

PC's don't have generations however. If they do, they aren't in line with game consoles at all. For every new more power GPU or CPU that launch there must be a new generation. lol!! The PC is probably in it's 130th generation by now if they had them. PC also has the MOST LOW SCORING GAMES as well. They have the better looking multiplat games that less gamers play. Multiplats like CoD, Assassin's Creed and even Minecraft have more gamers playing them on game consoles, then PC.

#88 Posted by Heil68 (46840 posts) -

I have to sell Ryse now since it's not exclusive.

#89 Posted by Shielder7 (5185 posts) -

@ps4hasnogames said:

X1 has had the better games and will continue to have the better games until at least 2016. Anyone who disagrees is just in denial.

Well you're half right someones in denial.....

Seriously tho what games are these you speak of on the X1? I haven't been too impressed by either library, but the PS4 future lineup seems much more appealing like Demon Souls 2 i.e. Bloodborn which is a system seller for me.

#90 Posted by RoboCopISJesus (1618 posts) -

@blackace said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@ps4hasnogames said:

Having multi plats look a hair better does not win a generation, PC users know all about that.

No, but having the most high-scoring games and the best looking ("by a hair") and running (fps and load time) version of multiplats does win a gen.

PC's don't have generations however. If they do, that aren't in line with game consoles at all. For every new more power GPU or CPU that launch there must be a new generation. lol!! The PC is probably in it's 130th generation by now if they had them. PC also has the MOST LOW SCORING GAMES as well. They have the better looking multiplat games that less gamers play. Multiplats like CoD, Assassin's Creed and even Minecraft have more gamers playing them on game consoles, then PC.

1. Way to defend a troll who was trolling with lies.

2. Would you rather have the more played version of a game or the better version of a game?

Hint: Gamer chose option b, CEO chose option a.

#91 Posted by blackace (21378 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@ominous_titan said:

Plus they would win

They already won over the Mac and Linux. They aren't in the same category as game consoles because 1) It's not a stagnant system. 2) It's an open source system, so everyone in their grandparents and grandkids can make games for the PC. Hence the PC has way, way more games then game consoles. This means is has more "AAA" games and also means it has more "garbage games" then any game console in any generation. Gamespot, IGN, etc.. review like 1/1000 (probably even less) of the PC games that are made and released each year. Only mainstream indie or big budget titles actually get any attention.

#93 Edited by chocolate1325 (32595 posts) -

I think that with the games coming out for the PS4 within the next year the console shall continue to dominate.

#94 Posted by blackace (21378 posts) -

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@blackace said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@ps4hasnogames said:

PC's don't have generations however. If they do, that aren't in line with game consoles at all. For every new more power GPU or CPU that launch there must be a new generation. lol!! The PC is probably in it's 130th generation by now if they had them. PC also has the MOST LOW SCORING GAMES as well. They have the better looking multiplat games that less gamers play. Multiplats like CoD, Assassin's Creed and even Minecraft have more gamers playing them on game consoles, then PC.

1. Way to defend a troll who was trolling with lies.

2. Would you rather have the more played version of a game or the better version of a game?

Hint: Gamer chose option b, CEO chose option a.

1. Defending a troll? You must have missed the part about PC's not having generations. lol!! They aren't part of game console generation, hence they aren't winning against game consoles. PC have better multiplats, but the only generations they are winning are against the Mac and Linux.

2. I'd rather have the better version on the platform that has the exclusives I want to play with the friends that play them. Right now, that's the PS4 and XB1. It seems like more gamers believe this as well as multiplats sell much better on game consoles then the PC. Having the best version is irrelevant if it's not on your platform of choice. Hermits will never understand this I guess.

#95 Posted by RoboCopISJesus (1618 posts) -

@blackace said:

I'd rather have the better version on the platform that has the exclusives I want to play with the friends that play them. Right now, that's the PS4 and XB1. It seems like more gamers believe this as well as multiplats sell much better on game consoles then the PC. Having the best version is irrelevant if it's not on your platform of choice. Hermits will never understand this I guess.

Funny, you didn't have an issue with the OP doing that in the very first post....or any console gamer doing that in most of SW threads....only when a pc gamer does

#96 Edited by BldgIrsh (2998 posts) -

Any hints at next weeks anti-PC thread OP?

#97 Posted by Vecna (3402 posts) -

PC gamers do not have to worry about generations of hardware releases.

You misguided console gamers can bicker about closed platform generations that emulate pc, yet have none of the functionality.

When I spend money on my pc, it is an investment. When you spend money on your console after it's initial release, you are being milked.

Glad I could clear that up for you.

#98 Posted by Bikouchu35 (7619 posts) -

@Vecna said:

PC gamers do not have to worry about generations of hardware releases.

You misguided console gamers can bicker about closed platform generations that emulate pc, yet have none of the functionality.

When I spend money on my pc, it is an investment. When you spend money on your console after it's initial release, you are being milked.

Glad I could clear that up for you.

Preach.

#99 Posted by dakan45 (18724 posts) -

Well xbone has better upcoming games. That i can agree with.

#100 Edited by hrt_rulz01 (6999 posts) -
@ps4hasnogames said:

I agree that Xbox has the better games atm, and for the foreseeable future. IMO anyway.

But can't say that it's "winning".