After E3 when DirectX12 and the Cloud turns....

This topic is locked from further discussion.

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 scatteh316
Member since 2004 • 10273 Posts

.....out to offer no performance boost what are Lemmings going to do?

You all going to buy a gaming PC or PS4?

Or continue to grasp at straws and spend the next 7 years waiting for someone to flip Xbones super secret graphical boost switch which triples its power?

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

they'll be too excited for Halo to care

Sollet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3  Edited By Sollet
Member since 2003 • 8282 Posts

@lostrib said:

Pretty much.

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 R3FURBISHED
Member since 2008 • 12408 Posts

@scatteh316 said:

How about: After E3 when DirectX12 and the Cloud turns....out to offer performance boosts what are Lemmings going to do?

Because if we're going to guess, why not guess on all possible outcomes?

Epic-gamerz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By Epic-gamerz
Member since 2014 • 222 Posts

b...bu....but Dx13 Xbone exclusive.

-Cloude 2

-drivers firmware update patch 1.1

M$ always gives us Hope.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

you underestimate the ability of lems to make bs, they will get a new hype word and carry on with the "just wait! (tm)" bs.

Murderstyle75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Murderstyle75
Member since 2011 • 4412 Posts

@lostrib:

Too bad Halo 4 sucked horse manure thanks to 343i.

Netret0120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 Netret0120
Member since 2013 • 3594 Posts

They'l be playing Halo/Forza i guess.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 lostrib

@Murderstyle75 said:

@lostrib:

An 87 on MC/9 on GS does not exactly scream sucks horse manure

Murderstyle75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Murderstyle75
Member since 2011 • 4412 Posts

@lostrib:

Critics generally give high profile games high ratings because it makes them money.

Funny though how when I posted about a Halo 4 sale on the official Xbox boards before playing it yet, Microsofts own community trashed it. Not one positive response.

http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/general_discussion/f/341/p/502673/2381364.aspx#2381364

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By lostrib

@Murderstyle75 said:

@lostrib:

Critics generally give high profile games high ratings because it makes them money.

Funny though how when I posted about a Halo 4 sale on the official Xbox boards before playing it yet, Microsofts own community trashed it. Not one positive response.

http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/general_discussion/f/341/p/502673/2381364.aspx#2381364

oh man, a whole 7 people! Well that sure seals it, worst game ever!

Spitfire-Six

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Spitfire-Six
Member since 2014 • 1378 Posts

You and your fanboy brothers are thinking about this cloud thing all wrong. The whole point of the cloud is to bring more to gaming in general not graphics. It only handles computational and physics type computing. Think of being able to play games like Titan Fall and having the ability to completely destroy a building someone is hiding behind. Thats the type of thing the cloud could bring to gaming. Direct x will not boost performance. Boosting performance means adding something that wasn't there. Direct X will allow the Xbox to take better advantage of its hardware. Instead of being bogged down by the multiple processes. I don't know why I bother though you won't read this and you will continue to push this crap thread.

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 5882 Posts

There are signs DirectX12/sdk improvements will help the Xbox One and the cloud offers a whole lot more and Kinect is innovative.

I have an Xbox One and being totally honest if I don't see something that shows this off this around E3 my summer project will be to build a PC that fits under the TV.

I'm realistic direct graphical improvements from the cloud isn't coming any time soon (it will come though), but other things like real worlds in the cloud and intelligent AI are all expected. Kinect needs to be used more/better, shooting my mate in Titanfall after him being scanned in for instance and just near 100% voice recognition would be good. 900p+ games needs to be the standard for me.

Time will tell. PS4 is for later when there's enough games I can get cheap for it.

blamix99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#15 blamix99
Member since 2011 • 2685 Posts

sad for X1 owners really, the only way is to buy a PC or PS4 to get Great graphics and games. or they will be stuck playing games on 720p-900p and getting Halo 5,6,7 Gears 4,5 judgement 2, Forza 5,6,7

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By freedomfreak  Online
Member since 2004 • 52426 Posts

There will be crazy people out there that are gonna be excited for the games.

Evo_nine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Evo_nine
Member since 2012 • 2224 Posts

@blamix99 said:

sad for X1 owners really, the only way is to buy a PC or PS4 to get Great graphics and games. or they will be stuck playing games on 720p-900p and getting Halo 5,6,7 Gears 4,5 judgement 2, Forza 5,6,7

so I guess the only option is PC because ps4 cant do 1080p 60fps.

it can barely do 1080p.

blamix99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#19  Edited By blamix99
Member since 2011 • 2685 Posts

@Evo_nine said:

@blamix99 said:

it can barely do 1080p.

AC4,CoDG,MGS.GZ,Thief,Watchdogs. here are mp games that are 1080p on PS4 and 720p-900p on your X1 LOL. yeahh if buying a PS4 really hurts you, you should get a PC.

and here are games that are 1080p and 60fps on the PS4.

CoD Ghost

Diablo 3 Reaper of Souls

Dying Light

Fifa 14

Flower

KZ: SF(MP)

MGS: GZ

NBA 2k14

Outlast

Resogun

TLOU Remastered

Tomb Raider: DE

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 tdkmillsy

@blamix99 said:

@Evo_nine said:

@blamix99 said:

it can barely do 1080p.

AC4,CoDG,MGS.GZ,Thief,Watchdogs. here are mp games that are 1080p on PS4 and 720p-900p on your X1 LOL. yeahh if buying a PS4 really hurts you, you should get a PC.

CoD Ghost

Diablo 3 Reaper of Souls

Dying Light

Fifa 14

Flower

NBA 2k14

Outlast

Resogun

TLOU Remastered

Ooo lots of games, going to be really funny someone posting the number of games you can get at 1080p 60fps on PC. Even looking at the total number of PS4 games its less than 25%. More than Xbox One yes but not exactly a lot.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@lostrib said:

Considering how the last one scored as low as Resistance 2 a game all lemming flame as garbage i don't even know how they could..

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 tormentos
@lostrib said:

@Murderstyle75 said:

@lostrib:

Yes i say hat many times to lemming and they still tag Resistance as bad because it didn't have 90+ like Halo,so yeah Halo now sucks.

@lostrib said:

Halo 4 was the faster Halo ever to be drop by its user base,man you really are making to much damage control for xbox games lately...lol

@tdkmillsy said:

There are signs DirectX12/sdk improvements will help the Xbox One and the cloud offers a whole lot more and Kinect is innovative.

I have an Xbox One and being totally honest if I don't see something that shows this off this around E3 my summer project will be to build a PC that fits under the TV.

I'm realistic direct graphical improvements from the cloud isn't coming any time soon (it will come though), but other things like real worlds in the cloud and intelligent AI are all expected. Kinect needs to be used more/better, shooting my mate in Titanfall after him being scanned in for instance and just near 100% voice recognition would be good. 900p+ games needs to be the standard for me.

Time will tell. PS4 is for later when there's enough games I can get cheap for it.

Please Kinect is just an Eye Toy with depth perception in no way is innovative.

Graphical improvement from the cloud will come when the average joe connection reach 300+ GB a second,and who know because by the time that happen graphics cards could be 1,000 TB bandwidth a second.

@Evo_nine said:

it can barely do 1080p.

MGS5 is 1080p 60FPS -xbox one 720p lol.

COD Ghost is 1080p 60 FPS on PS4 - Xbox on 720p lol..

Tomb Raider 1080p 60 FPS PS4 with better effect and textures - xbox one 1080p 30FPS with lower effects lower textures.

When Titanfall on xbox one is 720p+ with drops to 30 FPS..lol

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By tdkmillsy

@tormentos said:
@lostrib said:

@Murderstyle75 said:

@lostrib:

Yes i say hat many times to lemming and they still tag Resistance as bad because it didn't have 90+ like Halo,so yeah Halo now sucks.

@lostrib said:

Halo 4 was the faster Halo ever to be drop by its user base,man you really are making to much damage control for xbox games lately...lol

@tdkmillsy said:

Please Kinect is just an Eye Toy with depth perception in no way is innovative.

Graphical improvement from the cloud will come when the average joe connection reach 300+ GB a second,and who know because by the time that happen graphics cards could be 1,000 TB bandwidth a second.

@Evo_nine said:

it can barely do 1080p.

MGS5 is 1080p 60FPS -xbox one 720p lol.

COD Ghost is 1080p 60 FPS on PS4 - Xbox on 720p lol..

Tomb Raider 1080p 60 FPS PS4 with better effect and textures - xbox one 1080p 30FPS with lower effects lower textures.

When Titanfall on xbox one is 720p+ with drops to 30 FPS..lol

Exactly why there is no point talking to you.

MSG5 was obviously going to be better on PS4 and we all know why

COD Ghost, Xbox One was shit at the beginning and took Microsoft to step in with games like Dead Rising due to the kits not being right. You know this yet you use it specifically cos it makes Xbox One look bad.

Tomb Raider is locked at 30fps on Xbox One and the variety from 33fps to 60fps makes the PS4 game worst in some instances.

Kinect is more than you are willing to see because its actually a good piece of tech that isn't being used well in games yet. You fail to see features that are actually a good thing because it goes against your biased view.

You spout the same old shit and its well boring.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 misterpmedia
Member since 2013 • 6209 Posts

Hope is a powerful emotion. Let them have it.

Evo_nine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Evo_nine
Member since 2012 • 2224 Posts

@blamix99 said:

@Evo_nine said:

@blamix99 said:

it can barely do 1080p.

CoD Ghost

Diablo 3 Reaper of Souls

Dying Light

Fifa 14

Flower

NBA 2k14

Outlast

Resogun

TLOU Remastered

IT doesn't hurt me, I can easily afford to buy a ps4 but there is no reason to.

also, what a shit list....and KZSF MP isn't even 1080p lol

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 tormentos

@tdkmillsy said:

Exactly why there is no point talking to you.

MSG5 was obviously going to be better on PS4 and we all know why

COD Ghost, Xbox One was shit at the beginning and took Microsoft to step in with games like Dead Rising due to the kits not being right. You know this yet you use it specifically cos it makes Xbox One look bad.

Tomb Raider is locked at 30fps on Xbox One and the variety from 33fps to 60fps makes the PS4 game worst in some instances.

Kinect is more than you are willing to see because its actually a good piece of tech that isn't being used well in games yet. You fail to see features that are actually a good thing because it goes against your biased view.

You spout the same old shit and its well boring.

Obviously we know why MGS5 be better on PS4,for the same reason BF4 is,Ghost,Tomb Raider and pretty much every multiplatform the PS4 is more powerful

Dude you do know that DR3 even after MS help still had slow downs into the 16 frames a second right.? Ghost still sucked on xbox one,in fact Activision asked MS to drop the 10% reservation so they can bring the game a little higher,which MS refuse so the game stayed at 720p,MS was always present while COD was been made for the xbox one stated by Activision ceo,.

Tomb Raider just once hit 33 FPS and at that same moment the xbox one version was 9 frames bellow it at 24 FPS so claming the PS4 version runs from 33 to 60 FPS is a joke,it was just 1 second,never again happen on xbox one or PS4,average Tomb Raider runs at 50FPS vs the xbox on 30,and at many instances the PS4 version is a solid 60,now that is consider a 60 FPS game,hell Titanfall drops more than Tomb Raider on PS4 and is call 60FPS,did i mention that in Tomb Raider the xbox one has also lower effect.? Like anisotropic filtering,alpha based effects at half the resolution,900p cut scenes and lower quality depth of field.?

The difference in Tomb Raider is as big as the difference between the 7770 and 7950..That big is.

Kinect is a gimmick just like the Eye toy was,sure fun if your drunk or want to do something ridicule outside of that is shallow and unresponsive to do anything great,and for voice recognition you don't need a camera just a mic.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

@spitfire-six said:

You and your fanboy brothers are thinking about this cloud thing all wrong. The whole point of the cloud is to bring more to gaming in general not graphics. It only handles computational and physics type computing. Think of being able to play games like Titan Fall and having the ability to completely destroy a building someone is hiding behind. Thats the type of thing the cloud could bring to gaming. Direct x will not boost performance. Boosting performance means adding something that wasn't there. Direct X will allow the Xbox to take better advantage of its hardware. Instead of being bogged down by the multiple processes. I don't know why I bother though you won't read this and you will continue to push this crap thread.

Possibly......

donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#30  Edited By donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts

The DX12 reveal said holiday 2015. Furthermore, the cloud is already being used. Dedicated servers, man. Dedicated servers.

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

What lostrib said. They'll be too busy hyperventilating over Halo 2 rehash Anniversary to care that Microsoft lied to them a few months earlier.

edwardecl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By edwardecl
Member since 2005 • 2240 Posts

They will say specs don't matter and all that matters is the Microsoft exclusives and that the multiplats are not that much different. The a year or two down the line they will say graphics and games don't matter because PC is so much better for multiplats anyway and that real gamers own Xbox One and PC the only place you can play Microsoft exclusives like Halo and Gears of War, and have the best multiplat experience.

Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By chikenfriedrice
Member since 2006 • 13561 Posts

Uh I will play games....if there is no boost I don't care because I enjoy the X1 as it is. If it turns out that DX12 and the cloud do improve the console, that's all gravy.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cf3bfcedc29b
deactivated-5cf3bfcedc29b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 deactivated-5cf3bfcedc29b
Member since 2014 • 776 Posts

Delusional lems will be showing off bullshots and "target" videos for years. Saying "DX 12 gameplay" lol.

Avatar image for always_explicit
always_explicit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 always_explicit
Member since 2007 • 3379 Posts

Haha the only people that care about the X1 capabilities are the Cows anyway. They spend more time discussing it than the lems. The real topic should be...with the X1 being infinitely more interesting to talk about what will happen to the playstation boards? Even if it did pull more performance out of the bag cows would just latch on to some other insignificant element to spew bile about.

This is the same fanbase that spent years relentlessly bashing the MS paid online model only to willingly accept it with the PS4. There will always be something for SW to feed on....even if these consoles were found parity...its the nature of the beast.

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6848 Posts

I expect MSFT will make more PR/false promise statements on bettering the performace through software updates. However, i'll also give them credit that they will bring back some old IP and announcing another partnership with a 3rd party for exclusive content or title.

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 shawn30
Member since 2006 • 4409 Posts

@Sollet said:

@lostrib said:

Pretty much.

Yep. Add in Gears of War 4 (likely teaser) Fable Legends, Halo 2 Anniversary, Quantum Break, D4, Sunset Overdrive, Killer Instinct Season 2, and Halo 5. Plus, I think both the Cloud and DX12 will boost the One's performance. To what degree remains to be seen, but that collapsing building footage was impressive. E3 is the put up or shut up time for MS in relation to the Cloud and I think they know that. I'm excited/.

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By shawn30
Member since 2006 • 4409 Posts
@always_explicit said:

Haha the only people that care about the X1 capabilities are the Cows anyway. They spend more time discussing it than the lems. The real topic should be...with the X1 being infinitely more interesting to talk about what will happen to the playstation boards? Even if it did pull more performance out of the bag cows would just latch on to some other insignificant element to spew bile about.

This is the same fanbase that spent years relentlessly bashing the MS paid online model only to willingly accept it with the PS4. There will always be something for SW to feed on....even if these consoles were found parity...its the nature of the beast.

So much truth here.

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 lglz1337
Member since 2013 • 4959 Posts

Don't worry TC they will keep hoping

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

@lglz1337 said:

Don't worry TC they will keep hoping

Someone's butthurt he won't have DX12

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#41  Edited By PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts

They will probably keep enjoying their system, like cows did last gen, when they figured out that the cell was a pain in the a$$ for devs, instead of the power booster it was hyped to be.

Just a guess...

bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#42 bezza2011
Member since 2006 • 2729 Posts

The only problem with this The Cloud, is what happens if the internet goes down, there has to be a solid game before hand because otherwise you won't be able to play the game, and I found this out more than anything when my tv and internet went down over last weekend, because something had gone wrong there end and i had no control over it, even tho i have the fastest internet there is, you still can't determine if it will stay on, more times than not it will, but i still want to be able to play games when ever i want.

cablemodemx2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#43 cablemodemx2
Member since 2003 • 1000 Posts

Hrrrm. There is only one thing I'm a bit confused about as far as DX12 goes. Now, assuming both consoles are running some form of DirectX, given that they both use similar GPU's, and as well similar architecture, what is to keep the PS4 from using DX12? Some sort of Microsoft exclusivity, not allowing the instruction set onto the PS4?

sirk1264

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#44 sirk1264
Member since 2003 • 6242 Posts

The whole point of dx12 is reduce overhead from the OS and allow developers to code closer to the metal thus boosting performance. This is very similar to what AMD's Mantle technology is doing. Most benefits will be seen on the PC. Consoles already code close to the metal and don't have a lot of overhead to worry about. There might be a little boost in performance but I don't expect a huge boost in performance like some are thinking.

sirk1264

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#45  Edited By sirk1264
Member since 2003 • 6242 Posts

@cablemodemx2: from what I understand is that the ps4 doesn't use DX and uses opengl.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#46 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38035 Posts

@scatteh316 said:

Or continue to grasp at straws and spend the next 7 years waiting for someone to flip Xbones super secret graphical boost switch which triples its power?

I'm going to do exactly what I did with my not the most powerful of its gen, PS2..............play games on it.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#47 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

DX12 is going to offer a performance boost, just not a big one for the Xbox One. The Cloud isn't going to offer a performance boost but I expect a lot of multiplayer games to take great advantage of it when it comes to hosting games, connecting players, saving games, generating data, and stuff.

I could imagine the cloud being used to procedural generate complicated levels, map AI to it procedural, and then generate practically unlimited content for games. Stuff that would take hours to build locally on a console could be done in the cloud and effortlessly distributed.

Lots of non-graphical potential people aren't seeing. Of course this can be done on the PS4 as well using Microsoft's cloud (Azure doesn't give a crap where the data comes from or is sent to), but it's cheaper for Xbox One games to utilize it. This is cool for indies where I think the real innovation happens.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@scatteh316 said:

AMD Gaming Evolved developers (i.e. Rebellion and Oxide Games**) > you.

**Star Swarm stakeholder.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@sirk1264 said:

The whole point of dx12 is reduce overhead from the OS and allow developers to code closer to the metal thus boosting performance. This is very similar to what AMD's Mantle technology is doing. Most benefits will be seen on the PC. Consoles already code close to the metal and don't have a lot of overhead to worry about. There might be a little boost in performance but I don't expect a huge boost in performance like some are thinking.

Apparently, Xbox One's DirectX 11.X doesn't have the whole DirectX 12 improvements e.g. missing the new binding resource methods.

--------------

@magicalclick

NDA DirectX 12 preview was already demo'ed from the last GDC 2014.