After E3, What's the best platform combo going forward?

• 55 results
Edited 11 months, 17 days ago

Poll: After E3, What's the best platform combo going forward? (107 votes)

PS4 + PC 24%
XBONE + PC 3%
WIIU + PC 21%
PS4 + XBONE 9%
WIIU + XBONE 7%
PS4 + WIIU 34%

So each platform reveals interesting exclusives at E3. Based on this new information at E3, what do you think the best platform combo going forward for those with limited budget and can't afford all platforms?

Please vote thanks

#1 Posted by UnifiedConsole (44 posts) -

XBONE+WIIU+PS4+PC for me. I vote XBONE and PS4 since I play those two the most.

#2 Posted by sHaDyCuBe321 (4286 posts) -

@UnifiedConsole said:

XBONE+WIIU+PS4+PC

That's clearly the best combo. The worst combo is definitely the One and PS4. There's not enough to distinguish both of them.

I would be so much more on board with the PS4 if I could get a 3rd party controller that had asymmetrical analogs

#3 Posted by UnifiedConsole (44 posts) -
@sHaDyCuBe321 said:

@UnifiedConsole said:

XBONE+WIIU+PS4+PC

That's clearly the best combo. The worst combo is definitely the One and PS4. There's not enough to distinguish both of them.

I would be so much more on board with the PS4 if I could get a 3rd party controller that had asymmetrical analogs

Yeah i agree with the controller. I own 4 exclusive games for X1 and 2 for ps4 which isnt that much but i haven't had time to do alot of gaming this year.

#4 Edited by navyguy21 (13063 posts) -

Currently for me it is XB1+PS4+360+PS3

Will have PS360 for at least another year until XB1PS4 gets more/better games.

#5 Posted by Vatusus (5221 posts) -

PS + PC was always I ever needed and never felt I was missing out much by not having the other platforms

#6 Edited by starwolf474 (982 posts) -

All of them for me. I like being able to choose which games to play from the best that each platform has to offer and not have to miss out on anything.

If I was forced to limit it to only two then the Wii U would easily be in the combo since it has the most unique game lineup and features; plus Nintendo games are the only games that I can get my girlfriend to play with me. And the other console that I would have in the combo would be Xbox One because it has the best controller, the best online service, and the majority of my friends are on Xbox Live.

#7 Edited by TrappedInABox91 (1031 posts) -

PS4 and Wii U.

I'm not a PC player, but If I was...PC too.

#8 Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (16745 posts) -

PC will always be my main system and this gen, the PS4 will be the console complementing my PC.

#9 Edited by Sphensen (814 posts) -

I already have a Wii U and I'll most likely get a PS4 next year to satisfy my gamer needs

#10 Posted by Basinboy (11417 posts) -

Dunno. But get a PC.

#11 Posted by clone01 (25321 posts) -

What did you not pick. Because if I don't encounter a person like you online, that would be a bonus.

#12 Posted by ConanTheStoner (7588 posts) -

PC-PS4-WiiU-3DS

Same as before E3.

#13 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (9542 posts) -

Anything with a PS4. Can't go wrong with a Sony Console.

#14 Posted by NFJSupreme (5407 posts) -

PC+console that suits your own personal tastes if we are all being honest with ourselves.

#15 Posted by Kenny789 (10277 posts) -

PS4 + Wii U only because I can only really get two and I'm sorry PC but I shall not upgrade you this gen my good friend. You've served me well!

#16 Posted by PrincessGomez92 (3810 posts) -

Wii U+PS4+XOne+3DS+PSVita. But if I had to go with two, think I'd have to go with Wii U and 3DS.

#18 Posted by trugs26 (5967 posts) -

Easily Wii U+PC. You get the best multiplats and best exclusives in the business.

#19 Posted by jsmoke03 (13181 posts) -

i always thought the best combo was a sony console + pc. i think ms console is the least needed because it shares sooo many games with pc which is always the best looking version

#20 Posted by Couth_ (10335 posts) -

PC and a handful of exclusives either way

#21 Posted by CyberLips (1824 posts) -

PS4 + WiiU, especially after this year's E3.

#22 Posted by ninjapirate2000 (3255 posts) -

PC

#23 Posted by mems_1224 (48591 posts) -

Im gonna be going with PC/Xbone and then Ill get a WiiU sometime next year. Ill get a PS4 in a few years after a few price drops and for it to get some decent exclusives.

#24 Posted by harry_james_pot (11190 posts) -

PC is more than enough. But if I have to choose a console to add, it would be a PS4.

#25 Posted by PonchoTaco (2650 posts) -

PC & Wii U

#26 Posted by jg4xchamp (50562 posts) -

PC+PS4

#27 Posted by superbuuman (3240 posts) -

WiiU+PS4+PC :P

#28 Edited by silversix_ (16240 posts) -

1 years ago it was gonna be pc/ps4. Six months ago it was ps4/pc. One day before e3 it was pc/ps4. After e3 its pc/ps4. Any other options isn't much of an option.

#29 Posted by Ballroompirate (23745 posts) -

@superbuuman said:

WiiU+PS4+PC :P

Pretty much this, have no desire to get a X1

#30 Posted by Nengo_Flow (10535 posts) -

@speedfreak48t5p said:

Anything with a PS4. Can't go wrong with a Sony Console.

truth

#31 Edited by lostrib (42876 posts) -

just choosing two: PC+PS4(in 2015, maybe)

#32 Posted by Heil68 (47265 posts) -

Since SONY easily won E3 it would be PS4/PC.

#33 Posted by melonfarmerz (1283 posts) -

PC+Wii U. The best multiplats, genre's you can't get on other platforms (RTS, MOBA, Most strategy games, MMO, Sim), and the most unique exclusives (Wii U)

PS4 has good exclusives but they're all shooters or cinematic games, genre's you can get on other platforms, albeit sometimes at a lesser quality.

#34 Posted by charizard1605 (61738 posts) -

PC+Wii U

#35 Posted by kinectthedots (2673 posts) -

Everyone says Nintendo won E3 so why are poeple listing PC? What amazing AAA exclusives will it have...that won't also be avalible on consoles?

Before E3 it was PC/PS4

After E3 it's WiiU/PS4. You will have the best of all games with this combo.

#36 Posted by darkspineslayer (20451 posts) -

PC or HD clone of your choice and Wii U should cover off anything you need. Having everything this gen just seems superfluous to me.

#37 Edited by aroxx_ab (10799 posts) -

If you have the money, get them all

#38 Posted by kinectthedots (2673 posts) -

@darkspineslayer said:

PC or HD clone of your choice and Wii U should cover off anything you need. Having everything this gen just seems superfluous to me.

HD clones?

In the past 8 years name the 5 highest quality PC games only available PC.

If consoles are clones of PC, then PC should have the highest quality version of every high quality console exclusive that got released last gen--So please name me 5 PC exclusives that stood head and shoulders over the best console exclusives last gen.

#39 Posted by darkspineslayer (20451 posts) -

@kinectthedots: Calm your fanboy tits. I was calling the PS4 and Xbone the clones.

#40 Posted by blamix99 (2575 posts) -

i got all except the X1

#41 Edited by kinectthedots (2673 posts) -

@darkspineslayer said:

@kinectthedots: Calm your fanboy tits. I was calling the PS4 and Xbone the clones.

*insert inappropriate boob picture*

Anyway do you really think PS4 and the bone are clones (I am thinking hardware and company philosophy and history of games) ?

#42 Posted by Seabas989 (11057 posts) -

PC+Wii U and PS4 in 2015.

#43 Edited by RogueStatus28 (544 posts) -

Wii U + PC

#44 Posted by JangoWuzHere (17477 posts) -

PC + PS4

In the later future, pick up an Xbox.

#45 Posted by mjorh (1337 posts) -

PC + PS4 !

#46 Edited by 93BlackHawk93 (6256 posts) -

Wii U + PS4 + 3DS + Vita

I don't know how to start playing on PC.

#47 Posted by ShoTTyMcNaDeS (2723 posts) -

It is quite clear that Unless you must play both Uncharted 4 and Halo 5, the X1 and PS4 simply don't have enough to distinguish themselves to validate owning both. I think the obvious answer is either the X1 or PS4 and the WiiU!!

#48 Posted by Bigboi500 (31309 posts) -

@aroxx_ab said:

If you have the money, get them all

Maybe in the future but now it would be somewhat of a waste because, right now, there simply isn't enough going on software-wise to own them all.

#49 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (9029 posts) -

Xbox One+SmartGlass