Adventure Time skips PS Vita, Namco trolls system fans

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by DrRockso87 (2529 posts) -

Wow, that was harsh. Kinda funny but harsh.

Responding to one particular comment calling the company out, Namco Bandai EU decided to actively respond, liberally dousing PS Vita owners in flammable sarcasm. Yep, that's a thing that happened on the Internet today.

"Yeah, bad Namco," said the company account. "Who has a PS Vita by the way? Oh wait I DON'T KNOW!" 

The response, of course, was a play on the game's full title -- Adventure Time: Explore the Dungeon Because I DON'T KNOW! A number of commenters did not, however, appreciate the attempt at wordplay.

http://www.destructoid.com/adventure-time-skips-ps-vita-namco-trolls-system-fans-258318.phtml

This comment might end up biting this guy in the ass later though.

#2 Posted by Jack-Burton (2303 posts) -
Old news, its been known for ages that no one owns a Vita.
#3 Posted by Chris_Williams (14874 posts) -

1. This game is coming out on the Wii-U, vita is selling more than the vita Namco

2. They are developing a dragon ball z game for the vita 

3. here is their stupid reply to it all lol.

"Nevertheless we didn't mean to offend Sony / PS Vita.

This was really humor post related to the subtitle of the Adventure Time game in answer to someone asking if the game was going to be released on PS Vita.

Sorry if it has been misunderstood"

4. Already been posted

#4 Posted by famicommander (8524 posts) -
It's sad but true. I bought a Vita myself but I did so with full knowledge that it was a dying system. Look at the two struggling systems right now: WiiU - has Mario Kart, Super Mario 3D Land, Sonic Lost World, Wii Fit U, Wind Waker HD coming this year as potential system sellers Vita - has... Killzone? as a potential system seller At least with Nintendo they're making an effort at a turnaround, and if the 3DS is any indication they'll probably right the ship to some degree (though Wii level success is extremely unlikely at this point).
#5 Posted by Blabadon (26560 posts) -
No one has a Vita though.
#6 Posted by tagyhag (15867 posts) -
If I was a dev I wouldn't develop for the Vita either. Heck of a system but I want sales. The comment was pretty funny but most gamers are sensitive p*ssies so they'll probably have to apologize and become p*ssies themselves. Ahh good old politically correct world.
#7 Posted by Blabadon (26560 posts) -
[QUOTE="tagyhag"]If I was a dev I wouldn't develop for the Vita either. Heck of a system but I want sales. The comment was pretty funny but most gamers are sensitive p*ssies so they'll probably have to apologize and become p*ssies themselves. Ahh good old politically correct world.

Have you talked with anyone, even on Steam, who has a Vita?
#8 Posted by Gargus (2147 posts) -

Eh its just namco being dickbags.

Namco is a company that sells games across all platforms to all gamers. To make fun of a specific system your customers use is kind of like biting the hand that feeds you.

Consoles aside and all, it makes me think poorly of a company that digs at their own customer base. Oh well, guess Ill be buying my next few namco games used off ebay just to spite them.

#9 Posted by FlamesOfGrey (7511 posts) -

Old. It's Adventure Time which sucks (Regular Show FTW) and the first game was a Zelda II ripoff. I believe this one is a generic dungeon crawler? I can see Vita owners being pissed about missing games like Monster Hunter 4 etc... but this? Not so much.

#10 Posted by tagyhag (15867 posts) -
[QUOTE="Blabadon"][QUOTE="tagyhag"]If I was a dev I wouldn't develop for the Vita either. Heck of a system but I want sales. The comment was pretty funny but most gamers are sensitive p*ssies so they'll probably have to apologize and become p*ssies themselves. Ahh good old politically correct world.

Aljosa (Regretted his decision and sold it) and Wasdie (He says he hasn't used it in a while).
#11 Posted by Blabadon (26560 posts) -
[QUOTE="tagyhag"][QUOTE="Blabadon"][QUOTE="tagyhag"]If I was a dev I wouldn't develop for the Vita either. Heck of a system but I want sales. The comment was pretty funny but most gamers are sensitive p*ssies so they'll probably have to apologize and become p*ssies themselves. Ahh good old politically correct world.

Aljosa (Regretted his decision and sold it) and Wasdie (He says he hasn't used it in a while).

See? No one. No one has Vita
#12 Posted by Bigboi500 (29999 posts) -

lolVita

#13 Posted by Rattlesnake_8 (18414 posts) -
I wouldn't but the game anyway even if it did come on vita.
#14 Posted by super600 (30716 posts) -

1. This game is coming out on the Wii-U, vita is selling more than the vita Namco

This was really humor post related to the subtitle of the Adventure Time game in answer to someone asking if the game was going to be released on PS Vita.

4. Already been posted

Chris_Williams

The vita has only sold around 5 million in about a year and a half. The WiiU has sold >3.5 million in about 6 or 7 months.

#15 Posted by Chris_Williams (14874 posts) -

[QUOTE="Chris_Williams"]

4. Already been posted

super600

The vita has only sold around 5 million in about a year and a half. The WiiU has sold >3.5 million in about 6 or 7 months.

5 million is bigger than 3.5 million. Can you not count? lol
#16 Posted by XVision84 (13793 posts) -

Looks like they missed the memo, more people have a Vita than people who have a Wii U.

#17 Posted by XVision84 (13793 posts) -

[QUOTE="Chris_Williams"]

4. Already been posted

super600

Wii U's been selling at the pace of a turtle.

Most of that 3.5 million was near launch, while Vita sales are picking up, Wii U sales are still slacking.

#18 Posted by super600 (30716 posts) -

[QUOTE="super600"]

[QUOTE="Chris_Williams"]

4. Already been posted

Chris_Williams

I said in a year and a half. That's technically about  3 million a year which is crap while the WiiU has sold about 500k or 600k a month if we average all the months it has been available.Most of the WiiU's sales came before jnauary anyway.

#19 Posted by super600 (30716 posts) -

[QUOTE="super600"]

[QUOTE="Chris_Williams"]

4. Already been posted

XVision84

Most of that 3.5 million was near launch, while Vita sales are picking up, Wii U sales are still slacking.

You're right but 5 million in a year and a half is garbage. I fully expect the WiiU to pass the vita later this year especially during the holiday season.

#20 Posted by Indicud (739 posts) -

[QUOTE="XVision84"]

[QUOTE="super600"]

super600

You're right but 5 million in a year and a half is garbage. I fully expect the WiiU to pass the vita later this year especially during the holiday season.

probably not.
#21 Posted by super600 (30716 posts) -

[QUOTE="super600"]

[QUOTE="XVision84"]

Indicud

probably not.

Do you really think the vita will somehow magically recover by the end of the year? The only thing I see saving the vita is the ps4, but that's it, but it won;t completely save the handheld unless more interesting games release for it and so far that is not happening.

#22 Posted by Bigboi500 (29999 posts) -

Looks like they missed the memo, more people have a Vita than people who have a Wii U.

XVision84

Nintendo is supporting the Wii U and it has games coming out for it while Sony isn't supporting the Vita except with indies and ports. I'm using my Vita as a PSP delivery platform, otherwise I'd sell the thing.

#23 Posted by famicommander (8524 posts) -

[QUOTE="super600"]

[QUOTE="Chris_Williams"]

4. Already been posted

XVision84

The difference is WiiU still has system sellers on the way and the Vita doesn't. Looking at both systems' release schedules, it's reasonable to expect the WiiU will begin to sell a lot better in the near future. It is not reasonable to say the same about the Vita.
#24 Posted by Zassimick (6621 posts) -
I like my Vita. :'( All these haters. Could use some more games on it though. There's so much potential!
#25 Posted by super600 (30716 posts) -

I like my Vita. :'( All these haters. Could use some more games on it though. There's so much potential!Zassimick

Yes!I agree with you.It looks cool from what I heard, but I would never buy one until it gets more support.

#26 Posted by XVision84 (13793 posts) -

Well we don't know if there are any system sellers coming out for Vita yet becaust E3 was very PS4-centric. They said they'd bring out more Vita news at Gamescom, so we'll see about that. I'm not really saying Wii U is really bad, it's just a shame when fans of a certain game can't play it because the devs won't port it to their desired platform, I doubt it would cost them a fortune to get it running on a Vita.

#27 Posted by whiskeystrike (12068 posts) -

It's great hardware but Sony can't sell it. Devs have every right to express their displeasure with Sony.

It's not like the people bitching about it actually planned on buying Adventure Time for the Vita. They just want to be mad about something.

#28 Posted by bbkkristian (14955 posts) -

[QUOTE="XVision84"]

Bigboi500

Nintendo is supporting the Wii U and it has games coming out for it while Sony isn't supporting the Vita except with indies and ports. I'm using my Vita as a PSP delivery platform, otherwise I'd sell the thing.

Same here. Last time I bought a Vita game was BlazBlue and that was around 3 or 4 months ago.
#29 Posted by XVision84 (13793 posts) -

It's great hardware but Sony can't sell it. Devs have every right to express their displeasure with Sony.

It's not like the people bitching about it actually planned on buying Adventure Time for the Vita. They just want to be mad about something.

whiskeystrike

Sony can't make a good handheld like Nintendo can.

They have to stop advetising it as a PS3 mini.

#30 Posted by AtariKidX (6282 posts) -

XVision84
This.WiiU....lol
#31 Posted by FlamesOfGrey (7511 posts) -

[QUOTE="XVision84"]

Bigboi500

Killzone and Tearaway aren't ports. Sony has released games in most of their other franchises for the Vita as well. People just don't want to play Uncharted etc... on a handheld where as Nintendo fans will play Mario, Zelda etc... anywhere Nintendo releases it.
#32 Posted by metal_zombie (2288 posts) -
Sony can't make a good handheld like Nintendo can.

They have to stop advetising it as a PS3 mini.

XVision84
.they just don't understand the market they keep making the sega game gear which didn't work against nintendo back in the 90s not sure what made them think it would work now
#33 Posted by Trollhunterr (9 posts) -
[QUOTE="super600"]

[QUOTE="Chris_Williams"]

4. Already been posted

Chris_Williams

sheep confirmed
#34 Posted by Obviously_Right (5101 posts) -

[QUOTE="XVision84"]

Bigboi500

Nintendo is supporting the Wii U.

They're really not.

#35 Posted by bbkkristian (14955 posts) -

[QUOTE="Bigboi500"]

[QUOTE="XVision84"]

Obviously_Right

Nintendo is supporting the Wii U.

They're really not.

They really are.
#36 Posted by Obviously_Right (5101 posts) -

[QUOTE="Obviously_Right"]

[QUOTE="Bigboi500"]Nintendo is supporting the Wii U.

bbkkristian

They're really not.

They really are.

Making Wii U owners play the Waiting Game for months on end doesn't count. Sorry.

#37 Posted by FlamesOfGrey (7511 posts) -
[QUOTE="Obviously_Right"]

[QUOTE="Bigboi500"]Nintendo is supporting the Wii U.

bbkkristian

They're really not.

They really are.

Nintendo's Wii U support is on par with Sony's Vita support. A couple of 1st Party exclusives here and there and then a drought, rinse and repeat. Both systems (Vita mainly in the West) are lacking 3rd Party support to fill time in between their 1st party releases.
#38 Posted by bbkkristian (14955 posts) -

[QUOTE="bbkkristian"][QUOTE="Obviously_Right"]

They're really not.

Obviously_Right

They really are.

Making Wii U owners play the Waiting Game for months on end doesn't count. Sorry.

Fine, ignore the truth then.