Adam Boyes reiterates *native* 1080p CoD Ghosts on PS4

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by Shewgenja (8351 posts) -
#2 Edited by Shewgenja (8351 posts) -

Seriously, no one? Does it burn that badly?

#3 Posted by mems_1224 (46277 posts) -

lol bumping your own thread because no one else will

+1 pity bump

#4 Posted by Snugenz (11746 posts) -

+1 pity bump

Indeed, even his own kind aren't bothering with him.

But yes another pity bump for cowgenja.

#5 Edited by Heil68 (43273 posts) -

Seeing as the PS4 is the most powerful video game console ever created, we really shouldn't be surprised.

#6 Posted by tormentos (16814 posts) -

Wait for Ron he will post the same link from June 10 times and ignore anything else.

#7 Posted by freedomfreak (38806 posts) -

+1 pity bump

#8 Posted by Shewgenja (8351 posts) -

I know you're mad, but, let's not make this about me. It's just silly that no one from MS or Activision can say, with a straight face, this game runs natively at 1080p on the XBone. You should save your anger for the people that thought you wanted 1.1 TFlops of TV, Sports, Spielberg and Watercooler.

#9 Posted by ronvalencia (15109 posts) -
#10 Edited by Shewgenja (8351 posts) -
#11 Edited by ronvalencia (15109 posts) -
#12 Edited by Shewgenja (8351 posts) -

@ronvalencia said:

@Shewgenja said:

@ronvalencia said:

@Shewgenja said:

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2013/10/24/adam-boyes-confirms-call-of-duty-ghosts-is-native-1080p-on-ps4/

Let's see someone from MS do the same and end the controversy. Shots fired.

Does it support 4K Eyefinity rez?

Riddle me this, riddle me that, how much ESRam would the XBone need in order to fit a framebuffer from a differed rendering engine in 4k? Top Lel!

Who cares. I only game on PCs. This is system wars, not console wars.

True that. I'll probably end up getting this game on Steam, too :) KB/M is the only way to CoD properly.

#13 Posted by ronvalencia (15109 posts) -

@ronvalencia said:

@Shewgenja said:

@ronvalencia said:

@Shewgenja said:

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2013/10/24/adam-boyes-confirms-call-of-duty-ghosts-is-native-1080p-on-ps4/

Riddle me this, riddle me that, how much ESRam would the XBone need in order to fit a framebuffer from a differed rendering engine in 4k? Top Lel!

True that. I'll probably end up getting this game on Steam, too :) KB/M is the only way to CoD properly.

For first person shooters, it's KB/M (with vendor supplied macros) + ultra widescreen** (for eye peripheral advantage). I would like console crossover against PCs.

**5760x1080p

#14 Posted by Snugenz (11746 posts) -

@ronvalencia said:

@Shewgenja said:

@ronvalencia said:

@Shewgenja said:

Yes get this game on your imaginary PC, while you're at it why not entertain your other fantasies.

#15 Posted by _Matt_ (8843 posts) -

@Shewgenja said:

@ronvalencia said:

@Shewgenja said:

@ronvalencia said:

@Shewgenja said:

For first person shooters, it's KB/M (with vendor supplied macros) + ultra widescreen** (for eye peripheral advantage). I would like console crossover against PCs.

**5760x1080p

I agree with most shooters, I don't have a 5760x1080 setup (i stick with single monitor 1440 mostly), but for some reaosn, I always find CoD to be the exception to the rule, the shooter I would rather have on console.

#16 Posted by ronvalencia (15109 posts) -

@_Matt_ said:

@ronvalencia said:

@Shewgenja said:

@ronvalencia said:

@Shewgenja said:

@ronvalencia said:

@Shewgenja said:

**5760x1080p

I agree with most shooters, I don't have a 5760x1080 setup (i stick with single monitor 1440 mostly), but for some reaosn, I always find CoD to be the exception to the rule, the shooter I would rather have on console.

I have MS Sidewinder gaming mouse for first person shooters.

"Microsoft also includes an easy-to-program QuickTurn feature, for setting one button to automatically spin you around in a game, as well as a dedicated macro button on the mouse itself for assigning various commands without switching out of a game"

#17 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (3755 posts) -

Xbox 720p tee hee hee.

Maybe they can make a pic about it for Twitter, "just because the number's bigger doesn't necessarily make it better!"

#18 Posted by Douevenlift_bro (5022 posts) -

TLHBO

#19 Edited by _Matt_ (8843 posts) -

@_Matt_ said:

@ronvalencia said:

@Shewgenja said:

@ronvalencia said:

@Shewgenja said:

@ronvalencia said:

@Shewgenja said:

**5760x1080p

"Microsoft also includes an easy-to-program QuickTurn feature, for setting one button to automatically spin you around in a game, as well as a dedicated macro button on the mouse itself for assigning various commands without switching out of a game"

Sounds a little cheaty to me :P

#20 Edited by I_can_haz (6551 posts) -

There's also some chatter going on in GAF by the insider poster famousmortimer that BF4 may also be 1080p on PS4.

"I don't know what the Xbox One resolution of BF4 is... but if it isn't 1080p it's not going to be the same as the ps4 version - or so I hear."

LINK: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=703729&page=7

If PS4 versions of BF4 and COD run at 1080p and Xbone versions do not, there will be a total meltdown in the lemming camp. Here's hoping that is the case. I would love to see the tears and meltdowns. I find it suspicious that neither Activision or EA are willing to be honest and forthcoming about the Xbone versions of their games. Seems like they are hiding something. We will know soon enough.

#21 Posted by Muffin2020 (527 posts) -

@_Matt_ said:

@ronvalencia said:

@_Matt_ said:

@ronvalencia said:

@Shewgenja said:

@ronvalencia said:

@Shewgenja said:

@ronvalencia said:

@Shewgenja said:

**5760x1080p

Sounds a little cheaty to me :P

Got to agree on that. Think I'll stick to the console version where everyone is one a more even playing field tech wise and skill is more of a factor than an macro driven mouse and a 4K display set to super widescreen.

#22 Posted by shawn30 (4364 posts) -

There's also some chatter going on in GAF by the insider poster famousmortimer that BF4 may also be 1080p on PS4.

"I don't know what the Xbox One resolution of BF4 is... but if it isn't 1080p it's not going to be the same as the ps4 version - or so I hear."

If PS4 versions of BF4 and COD run at 1080p and Xbone versions do not, there will be a total meltdown in the lemming camp. Here's hoping that is the case. I would love to see the tears and meltdowns. I find it suspicious that neither Activision or EA are willing to be honest and forthcoming about the Xbone versions of their games. Seems like they are hiding something. We will know soon enough.

Out of the two I'm buying CoD, and if the rumors are all true I'm not gonna lose any sleep s long as the game and multiplayer are great. :) Battlefield, I just don't care much about no matter the resolution. But all this meltdown talk, not even. Launch games are what they are, and the One will certainly improve as time passes just like the PS4 will. Again, I don't play specs, I play games. So long as CoD delivers a killer game and I really like the SP trailer, I'll survive if its 720. But again, its just not confirmed yet. We shall see.

#23 Edited by Techtroll (3 posts) -
#24 Posted by Netherscourge (16328 posts) -

Why is this such a surprise?

It's the GDDR5 folks. Even the PC Video Cards use GDDR5 now (or a variant of it).

DDR3 is nice and all, for physics processing and AI scripting, but in 2013 you need to push BIG, TEXTURE-Filled assets to fill up a 1080p display (and eventualyl 4K) and DDR3 is not as good at that.

eSRAM doesn't help in that aspect, especially since it's just cache and it's only 32MB.

The PS4 wins, hands down.

/Next-Gen War Over.

Just buy a PS4 and support Next-Gen!

#25 Posted by ThatOneDork (33 posts) -

Well I just think that the MS Camp is holding off on announcing anything because they're obviously going the 4K route.

#26 Edited by KellyKelly (377 posts) -

Poor Microsoft is in full panic mode right now

#27 Posted by Shewgenja (8351 posts) -

Poor Microsoft is in full panic mode right now

As well they should be for underestimating the gamer.

#28 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (13133 posts) -

It's really disgusting the way MS has handled this whole situation, do they actually think their fanbase is too stupid to tell that a significant disparity in resolution isn't present?

#29 Posted by xhawk27 (7215 posts) -

This isn't confirmed by Activision. I think you guys should wait for confirmation by the devs not a VP from Sony.

#30 Posted by lundy86_4 (42875 posts) -

+1 pity bump

#31 Posted by ronvalencia (15109 posts) -

For 60 fps average target and ultra quality settings, 7970 or 680 are the minimum GPUs.

7950 and 670 needs to have the overclock editions.