Ace Attorney Trilogy Coming to 3DS

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by charizard1605 (55656 posts) -

The first three Ace Attorney games will be coming to 3DS. These are 3D enhanced editions of the original game, and now people can jump in on the series and play it as it was meant to be played.

The first three Ace Attorney games are getting a re-release as a collection on the 3DS, for 3,990 yen. A 3D effect will be present, but they don't appear to be full remakes. As with the Japanese DS releases, an English-language option will be present. The game's boxart will be drawn by Tatsurou Iwamoto, who did designs for the first three games.

A new drama CD will also be recorded and released at the same time, starring Phoenix and Edgeworth. Godot will play a role, marking his first time in an Ace Attorney audio production.

Pre-orders will receive a code to download original artwork and arranged versions of the series' BGM.

The collection will be released April 17th in Japan.

SOURCE

I am assuming the west will get these on eShop like Dual Destinies.

#2 Posted by Blabadon (25717 posts) -

Currently playing through the first game and enjoying most of it. It's almost great but trips over its overly linear fashion and the way the game contradicts its own logic gets annoying.

I don't know how long it'll take this to come to the West, but maybe this'll be my excuse to not continue with the second game for a while.

#3 Edited by cain006 (8625 posts) -

I've held off on this series hoping something like this would happen. Glad I did now.

#4 Posted by TheGuardian03 (21448 posts) -

Holy shit I knew this day was coming, i was right.

#5 Posted by nini200 (9489 posts) -

I could never get into these games. I'll give it another shot with this trilogy and see if I can finally see whats good about them.

#6 Edited by Gargus (2147 posts) -

So same old franchises being re-done again on a Nintendo system.....yup that's Nintendo.

Wake me up when they have an original idea.

#7 Edited by wiifan001 (18359 posts) -

@Gargus said:

So same old franchises being re-done again on a Nintendo system.....yup that's Nintendo.

Capcom develops this franchise.

Why don't you go blame Nintendo for cancelling Mega Man Legends 3 while you're at it? You should do that, and I really do mean it.

#8 Posted by bbkkristian (14928 posts) -

@Gargus: please come back when you actually know a thing or two about the video games industry.

#9 Posted by darkspineslayer (19493 posts) -

@Gargus: Do you practice to be that stupid?

#10 Posted by CleanPlayer (9780 posts) -

Pretty excited! Holding out on that series seems to be paying off!!

#11 Edited by finalfantasy94 (26277 posts) -

ill proboly pick it up.

#12 Posted by Life-is-a-Game (552 posts) -

Yup I share the same thing with you .. I always wanted to play them but for some reason I forgot about them .. I played the 3DS demo for the new one and it seems to be a pretty neat game .. this news is awesome :D

#13 Posted by nintendoboy16 (26164 posts) -

@Gargus said:

Capcom handles this series...

Anyway, as someone who's never played an Ace Attorney yet, I can get behind this.

#14 Posted by Blabadon (25717 posts) -

@CleanPlayer said:

Yup I share the same thing with you .. I always wanted to play them but for some reason I forgot about them .. I played the 3DS demo for the new one and it seems to be a pretty neat game .. this news is awesome :D

The 3DS demo did such a good job of displaying the ridiculously fun court cases only. The other parts of the games - investigating - range from just boring to kind of good.

Don't get me wrong, the first game is fun, the investigating is just so awful sometimes.

#15 Posted by R4gn4r0k (16257 posts) -

So other than the 3D effect nothing was added ?

Pass. If they had redone the graphics a little bit, or at least increased the resolution for the 3DS screen, I would've considered it. I already own them on DS so I'm not going to buy the exact same games again.

#16 Edited by lamprey263 (22878 posts) -

So is it releasing outside Japan?

Anyhow, if they're not doing anything to enhance it I'll pass. I already have the first three games for the DS, and Apollo Justice, as well as the last game (Dual Destinies) as a download. Only thing I need to complete the experience is the Miles Edgeworth game and the Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright, which still hasn't released in the US yet even though it released in Japan in 2012.

#17 Posted by yokofox33 (29274 posts) -

Nice. I might try the game out if they make it over here. Never played any of the games, which disappoints me.

#18 Edited by MirkoS77 (7037 posts) -

Will buy if it's a physical release and IF Nintendo decides not to charge $50 for it, which they will.

Won't even look at it if it's only digital. I'd be really curious to know how many digital sales Nintendo's losing out on from people who won't buy without an account system.

#19 Edited by LegatoSkyheart (24655 posts) -

Hopefully Sales would encourage Capcom to release Ace Attorney Trilogy 2 with Apollo Justice and the Two Miles Edgeworth Games.

@MirkoS77 Nintendo doesn't really call the shots on Pricing 3rd Party Titles. Shin Megami Tensei IV was a $50 game because Atlus wanted it to be a $50 game.

#20 Posted by nintendoboy16 (26164 posts) -

@MirkoS77 said:

Will buy if it's a physical release and IF Nintendo decides not to charge $50 for it, which they will.

Won't even look at it if it's only digital. I'd be really curious to know how many digital sales Nintendo's losing out on from people who won't buy without an account system.

Uh, wrong target there, Mirko. Blame Capcom, they own the IP.

#21 Posted by cain006 (8625 posts) -

@MirkoS77 said:

I thought nintendo recently added an account system. It's the reason eshop was down around Christmas.

#22 Edited by freedomfreak (38829 posts) -

I'm hoping the west will get these. Would smash.

It's why I'm not buying Dual Destinies. I was gonna get the DS ones, but I'm gonna hold off on that now.

#23 Posted by benleslie5 (7739 posts) -

I hope it gets released outside of Japan because I'm sure it would sell really well for the 3DS

#24 Posted by Seabas989 (10052 posts) -

I hope this comes to the west because I haven't played single one in the series but I always wanted to.

#25 Posted by fgjnfgh (2628 posts) -

for god's sake, include the latest one aswell

#26 Posted by charizard1605 (55656 posts) -

@R4gn4r0k said:

Pass. If they had redone the graphics a little bit, or at least increased the resolution for the 3DS screen, I would've considered it. I already own them on DS so I'm not going to buy the exact same games again.

The resolution is increased.

@MirkoS77 said:

That is Capcom's decision, including the pricing, why in the world would you blame Nintendo for any of that?

Considering Ace Attorney, a full game, sold for $30 on the eShop, and it sold really well, don't hold out.

Also, Nintendo has exhibited great growth in the digital sector, so I don't think they're losing out on that much at all.

@Gargus said:

So are you mentally challenged, or just a very bored troll?

#27 Posted by R4gn4r0k (16257 posts) -

@R4gn4r0k said:

The resolution is increased.

Well, that makes it a bit more nice. Perhaps I'll buy it if it's cheap like AA Dual Destinies was. But whatever the case, I'll be getting Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright first.

#28 Edited by Ghost120x (3708 posts) -

I have the original games which are still playable on 3ds but I might get it once I see how it looks.

Edit:

What I mean is if it's not lazily done and has extras such as artwork gallery and sound tracks in the game because I would love to listen pursuit while I work, it makes feel like I can achieve anything lol.

#29 Posted by MirkoS77 (7037 posts) -

@MirkoS77 said:

That is Capcom's decision, including the pricing, why in the world would you blame Nintendo for any of that?

Considering Ace Attorney, a full game, sold for $30 on the eShop, and it sold really well, don't hold out.

Also, Nintendo has exhibited great growth in the digital sector, so I don't think they're losing out on that much at all.

$30, awesome.

Growth in the digital sector? My Nintendo account is no longer locked to my hardware? That's what I'd consider to be great growth, but if this has happened I must've missed the memo.

#30 Posted by CleanPlayer (9780 posts) -

@CleanPlayer said:

Yeah, I've always been intrigued by the originality of the series, but I've always been discouraged to start from the beginning but this trilogy idea is perfect for newcomers. I need more variety in my video game library, so I'm glad Ace Attorney is making a comeback

#31 Edited by charizard1605 (55656 posts) -

@MirkoS77 said:

@charizard1605 said:
@MirkoS77 said:

$30, awesome.

Growth in the digital sector? My Nintendo account is no longer locked to my hardware? That's what I'd consider to be great growth, but if this has happened I must've missed the memo.

I mean from a revenue perspective. That is after all the only thing that guides a company's policies.

I agree that the hardware locked DRM is absolute bullshit, I will not argue with you on that at all, so I hope you don't get me wrong on that front.

#32 Posted by MirkoS77 (7037 posts) -

@MirkoS77 said:

@charizard1605 said:
@MirkoS77 said:

$30, awesome.

I mean from a revenue perspective. That is after all the only thing that guides a company's policies.

I agree that the hardware locked DRM is absolute bullshit, I will not argue with you on that at all, so I hope you don't get me wrong on that front.

Hopefully this will be one change to come out of this current mess, but tbh I'm not holding my breath.

#33 Posted by charizard1605 (55656 posts) -

@MirkoS77 said:

@charizard1605 said:

@MirkoS77 said:

@charizard1605 said:
@MirkoS77 said:

$30, awesome.

Hopefully this will be one change to come out of this current mess, but tbh I'm not holding my breath.

Well, they already said they are working on it; the Nintendo Network IDs that they introduced were apparently the first step towards that.

#34 Posted by MirkoS77 (7037 posts) -

@MirkoS77 said:

@charizard1605 said:

@MirkoS77 said:

@charizard1605 said:
@MirkoS77 said:

$30, awesome.

Well, they already said they are working on it; the Nintendo Network IDs that they introduced were apparently the first step towards that.

They've been saying they have been working on it for YEARS. How long does it take? No, I think Nintendo is perfectly capable of unified accounts, they are just taking baby steps in the attempt to prolong, for as long as possible, the direction that everyone expects.....demands in this day and age. They could do it, they just don't want to. It's obvious at this point.

#35 Edited by crimsonman1245 (4253 posts) -

I want this but i'm not downloading anything on Nintendo's network.