AC4: Black Flag PS4 vs. 360 vid.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (5854 posts) -
#2 Edited by TheEroica (12961 posts) -

I have a ps4 ready to go on Friday but i,I will say that after watching several videos of ac4,cod and battlefield side by side with current gen, it doesn't feel like anything more than a sliver of a jump... I know that'll changeg, but those not buying day 1 aren't missing a lot in the mltiplats.

#3 Posted by MonsieurX (28431 posts) -

360 never was last's gen king of power

#4 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (5854 posts) -

360 never was last's gen king of power

That was a dig at the cows. Yes the PC is still King.

#5 Posted by Shinobishyguy (22302 posts) -

the biggest difference is the framerate. Outside of that they're pretty close

#6 Edited by XxR3m1xInHDn3D (1967 posts) -

So this pure gaming console can barely even top the 360 visuals when it's meant to be easy to develop for? LOL!

#7 Edited by TheEroica (12961 posts) -

@XxR3m1xInHDn3D: all next gen cons9les don't look that much better than now. Gonna take some time.

#8 Edited by Muffin2020 (527 posts) -

Your being very brave TC I have a feeling this thread will come back and bite you.

There is a reason the 720 version is being kept under embargo, if the rumors are true it's due to it being sub 1080 (Surprise , Surprise)

#9 Edited by Swade009 (29 posts) -

AC4 and COD are ports to the new consoles.

#10 Edited by tormentos (16278 posts) -

@FoxbatAlpha said:

We have the Current Gen King of power against the Next Gen King of Power (lol).

The PS4 does show pretty water and some sharper details but is this really a next gen jump?????

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=3MUsYJVbsCQ

Stay mad my friends. Enjoy!

Le Trolex...

At least we have seen the PS4 version where is the xbox one version which is say to be not 1080p again..lol

@TheEroica said:

I have a ps4 ready to go on Friday but i,I will say that after watching several videos of ac4,cod and battlefield side by side with current gen, it doesn't feel like anything more than a sliver of a jump... I know that'll changeg, but those not buying day 1 aren't missing a lot in the mltiplats.

Funny how you always always give a ride to this troll threads against the PS4..lol

My advice don't buy it or better yet buy a real next gen game Killzone SF and save your self the pain,funny enough Killzone SF is 1080p from 40 to 45 FPS single player unlocked,60 FPS multiplayer while looking better than every single game on both platform by a considerable margin.

#11 Edited by FoxbatAlpha (5854 posts) -
#12 Posted by Heil68 (42461 posts) -

TC is being dishonest once again:

"Without question, Black Flag is superior on next-gen hardware. The performance on PlayStation 4 is smoother, load times are shorter, and the graphical tweaks (like billowing smoke and flapping sails) look good. The two Sony systems also include exclusive missions starring Aveline from last year’s Vita entry, Assassin’s Creed III: Liberation. Ubisoft was not able to provide us with those missions for review, so I can’t vouch for their quality, but it’s content that you can’t get elsewhere (until the six-month exclusivity window expires)."

Got it coming day 1 TC, nothing can stop the SONY HYPE train.

AWWWW YEAHHHHHH

#13 Edited by AmazonTreeBoa (16376 posts) -

The PS4 does show pretty water and some sharper details but is this really a next gen jump?????

If you aren't happy with that, then you had better avoid the X1 like the plague because the difference will be even smaller.

#14 Edited by Suppaman100 (3507 posts) -
#15 Posted by TruthBToldShow (328 posts) -

The leap will not be huge on a multi-plat, multi-gen title like AssAssins Creed. Especially when one major next-gen factor is 60fps and youtube videos playback at 25fps.

#16 Posted by shawn30 (4250 posts) -

I completely agree with this no matter what system you are buying. The true graphics leap isn't there yet.

#17 Edited by StrongBlackVine (8399 posts) -

And the Xflop One version runs at 900p at best...

#18 Edited by killzowned24 (7281 posts) -
#19 Posted by Liquid_ (2239 posts) -

I don't think TC understands that this game looks like crap on every system including PC.

Terrible thread, stop posting

#20 Posted by starjet905 (1841 posts) -

And this is somehow any better?

#21 Edited by dino7c (49 posts) -

The early 360 ported games were slight improvements on the xbox versions...give it time

both new consoles will have some amazing looking games

#22 Edited by lamprey263 (22287 posts) -

The game is designed with current gen limitations in mind, with time developers will take advantage of next gen console benefits when they're the main focus.

I mean, just look at last gen's early games, PS3 games looked like PS2 games with only a resolution bump. With time though things started improving drastically.

#23 Posted by TheEroica (12961 posts) -

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Le Trolex...

At least we have seen the PS4 version where is the xbox one version which is say to be not 1080p again..lol

@TheEroica said:

Funny how you always always give a ride to this troll threads against the PS4..lol

My advice don't buy it or better yet buy a real next gen game Killzone SF and save your self the pain,funny enough Killzone SF is 1080p from 40 to 45 FPS single player unlocked,60 FPS multiplayer while looking better than every single game on both platform by a considerable margin.

I only stand up against the cows because they've lost their dialogue to discuss... legit debates stem from two people accepting humility at times and acknowledging the truths in the other side of the argument... I find cows more than any other faction, just lack this basic skill. I think Sony nailed it with the ps4 from a gamers perspective. Looks like in the early going that the ps4 will be an amazing destination to game. I applaud SOny for turning around what was otherwise their least successful generation hands down... I think MS has made mistakes and I think they've made some smart decisions in rectifying the mistakes. Neither console is better than the other and owners of both will be happy this gen... especially given multiplatform games will continue to smash exclusives in quality most likely. I guess for me it comes down to, are we gonna talk about the topics and issues or are we gonna foam fanboy rhetoric from the mouth... I like to debate. Im a Mass-debator.... #Juvenile

All said and done, beneath the fanboyish arguments, people need to realize that healthy platforms = healthy generation = happy gamers = We win. I like taking the ocassional pot shot too, but at the end of the day I like a good dog fight for my money... thanks you sony, thank you microsoft and hurry up nintendo, because Ill buy you too... if you give me a reason to :P

#24 Edited by Couth_ (9908 posts) -

We are at the point where youtube comparisons can't even be trusted. At least until youtube fixes their shit and offers higher bit rate and higher fps video. That low bitrate crap is an excellent equalizer. The jump from 720p to 1080p is massive enough to warrant an upgrade from last gen IMO. Shame consoles will be stuck there for the 5 or so years. 1440p is glorious and I expect even better from 4k