AC 4 Black Flag PS4 dev video

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Zaibach (13457 posts) -

looks good

day 40

#2 Posted by clyde46 (46548 posts) -
AC :lol:
#3 Posted by call_of_duty_10 (4954 posts) -

0:25

dat beard

#4 Posted by RR360DD (11978 posts) -
Always connected? Guess rumours are true, it will be always online
#5 Posted by BrunoBRS (73260 posts) -
"here's a list of PR stuff we want you to mention".
#6 Posted by Sushiglutton (5328 posts) -

Thank You Sony :)!

0:25

dat beard

call_of_duty_10

:lol: a bit thin

#7 Posted by campzor (34932 posts) -
Looks better than bro/rev/3
#8 Posted by Vatusus (4675 posts) -

Nothing on that video is impressive. I expect more than that for next gen

#9 Posted by Jack-Burton (2303 posts) -
AC Creed sounds like a character from some Japanese fighter.
#10 Posted by Razor_defiace (1618 posts) -

I kinda liked the premise of the first Assassin's Creed, but come on! We already have way too many game sequels for this franchise already... 

#11 Posted by Tessellation (8803 posts) -
what was next gen there? i didn't see anything remotely close to it :(
#12 Posted by TecmoGirl (3965 posts) -

I really wanna be excited for it, but I can't even push myself to actually get around to playing/finishing AC3. Maybe I'll get motivated when the release date for this draws closer.

#13 Posted by SNIPER4321 (10144 posts) -
Oh look another AC creeed game yearly releasing every year same game with different skin tag as full priced...
#14 Posted by hexashadow13 (5157 posts) -
I haven't played AC3 yet, but this looks really good. Might play through both back to back eventually.
#15 Posted by ShadowDeathX (10671 posts) -
DAT NEXT GEN BLOOM!!! In all honesty, Brotherhood on PC still looked much better than that.
#16 Posted by BrunoBRS (73260 posts) -

Oh look another AC creeed game yearly releasing every year same game with different skin tag as full priced...SNIPER4321
is there another way to release something yearly that i'm not aware of?

#17 Posted by Cyberdot (3538 posts) -

AC is already as bad as COD.

#18 Posted by Supabul (3863 posts) -

I'll be excited for an AC game on PS4 when its built from the ground up and not a current gen port

#19 Posted by PhazonBlazer (11904 posts) -

excited-ron-swanson.gif.

#20 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38216 posts) -

Hooray, more PR crap to try promote the PS4 

Not excited at all for AC IV. AC III already fooled me, I won't let that happen again

#21 Posted by ninjapirate2000 (3047 posts) -

That looked current gen lol. 

#22 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38216 posts) -

I really wanna be excited for it, but I can't even push myself to actually get around to playing/finishing AC3. Maybe I'll get motivated when the release date for this draws closer.

TecmoGirl

Not your fault, AC III is just crap

#23 Posted by Ballroompirate (23012 posts) -

Ugh so burned out on AC games....but they have pirates...nnggggh must have

#24 Posted by PhazonBlazer (11904 posts) -

Ready for the gameplay demo at E3.

Pirates yo.

#25 Posted by EPaul (9906 posts) -

Not interested at all, I'm still forcing myself through the beginning of AC3 the pacing is as slow as molasses

#26 Posted by jman1553 (1318 posts) -
The last AC game I bought was III. Never again will I be tricked. That game was such a disappointment, it turned me off of the series for good.
#27 Posted by Rocker6 (13358 posts) -

I'm a fan of the AC franchise, so I'll give this a shot some time next year... when I'm in a mood to play, and when the price is right.

Also, can't see anything that says "next gen" about the game so far. Seen it all on my PC already...

#28 Posted by Sushiglutton (5328 posts) -

Not interested at all, I'm still forcing myself through the beginning of AC3 the pacing is as slow as molasses

EPaul
The tutorial is only about 12h. After that the you'll get to walk between markers and tap buttons to interact. You will also control a cannon.
#29 Posted by Rocker6 (13358 posts) -

[QUOTE="EPaul"]

Sushiglutton

The tutorial is only about 12h. After that the you'll get to walk between markers and tap buttons to interact. You will also control a cannon.

Yeah... but he'll also take part in the sea battles... one of the few elements of the game you could list as genuinely enjoyable, and done right...

#30 Posted by sts106mat (19851 posts) -
currently going through the washington DLC and loving the AC3 multiplayer immensely. though i say it every year, "i don't need another AC game" but i've played them all to death, and when i am playing them, i am always loving it, so i'm going to pre-order this. the naval stuff in AC3 was fantastic, hopefully it will be massivley expanded for black flag.
#31 Posted by Sushiglutton (5328 posts) -

[QUOTE="Sushiglutton"][QUOTE="EPaul"]

Rocker6

Yeah... but he'll also take part in the sea battles... one of the few elements of the game you could list as genuinely enjoyable, and done right...

Very true :)! I'm actually looking forward to AC4 truth be told (I'm a closet casual) :P!

#32 Posted by Badosh (12733 posts) -
Are people really saying 'AC Creed'? SW you're stupid, but not that stupid.
#33 Posted by freedomfreak (40870 posts) -
Gonna be more f*cking Assassin's Creed, that's for damn sure. But hell, I have a weak mind, and even weaker will, so I'll be picking this up day 1! Can't wait to start bashing this game once I'm through with it, because I sure as shit won't be doing it after I've just spent 60 euros on it!
#34 Posted by Heil68 (45080 posts) -
Dont like the series, tried to play 3 different games including AC3, pass.
#35 Posted by Rocker6 (13358 posts) -

[QUOTE="Rocker6"]

[QUOTE="Sushiglutton"] The tutorial is only about 12h. After that the you'll get to walk between markers and tap buttons to interact. You will also control a cannon.Sushiglutton

Very true :)! I'm actually looking forward to AC4 truth be told (I'm a closet casual) :P!

Likewise... for all the flaws, I can still get some enjoyment out of recent AC games. I'm sold on the setting, the enviroments look great, and it holds the promise of more sea battles!

When the price is right, will gladly play Black Flag.

#36 Posted by PhazonBlazer (11904 posts) -

Gonna be more f*cking Assassin's Creed, that's for damn sure. But hell, I have a weak mind, and even weaker will, so I'll be picking this up day 1! Can't wait to start bashing this game once I'm through with it, because I sure as shit won't be doing it after I've just spent 60 euros on it!freedomfreak

You know you'll like it :twisted:

#37 Posted by Sushiglutton (5328 posts) -

[QUOTE="Sushiglutton"]

[QUOTE="Rocker6"]

Rocker6

Likewise... for all the flaws, I can still get some enjoyment out of recent AC games. I'm sold on the setting, the enviroments look great, and it holds the promise of more sea battles!

Agree 100%. To me Ubi Montreal have always stood for beautiful enviroments (since PoP Sands of Time) with vibrant colors. Revloutionary America was kind of meh. The Caribbean seems like a return to form! Edward is a drinker and a ladies man, which I think will be more fun than Connor. They have also said AC4 will have less handholding, which I hope is true. But yeah I'm done doing full price too (I think :P).
#38 Posted by hexashadow13 (5157 posts) -

[QUOTE="Rocker6"]

[QUOTE="Sushiglutton"] Very true :)! I'm actually looking forward to AC4 truth be told (I'm a closet casual) :P!

Sushiglutton

Agree 100%. To me Ubi Montreal have always stood for beautiful enviroments (since PoP Sands of Time) with vibrant colors. Revloutionary America was kind of meh. The Caribbean seems like a return to form! Edward is a drinker and a ladies man, which I think will be more fun than Connor. They have also said AC4 will have less handholding, which I hope is true. But yeah I'm done doing full price too (I think :P).

Isn't Edward married though, and his marriage one of the main plot elements of the game? Like does he keep his Assassining a secret or something?

Edit: Yup.

"Edward Kenway is a raucous and bawdy chap," McDevitt explains, "but he's also a married man, and one of his primary motivation in Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag is to get rich and prove himself a man of quality' to his family and betters. So there is a special woman in Edward's life, but there are also other not-so-special women as well."

The theme is followed through in Black Flag's gameplay. Like in the earlier installment of the series, you can use NPCs to achieve certain goals. In Black Flag, Kenway can direct female NPCs to seduce and distract targets. We see this in action in the earlier trailer, says McDevitt who points to one of the women in the first trailer's threesome scene as an example.

"While this scene in the reveal trailer was clearly designed hint at the pirate lifestyle, there is a gameplay element here, to show that you can use certain NPC characters to more effectively achieve your goals. You might have noticed that the woman in the foreground seduced his target at the end of the trailer (eagle-eyed fans have already pointed out that they are the same woman)."

http://www.polygon.com/2013/5/3/4296282/assassins-creed-4-black-flag-story-of-sex-and-repentance-outlined

So he's a womanizing pimp pirate badass assassin that's married and wants to prove himself a respectable gentleman. That story is so rediculous it just might work. :P

#39 Posted by Sushiglutton (5328 posts) -

So he's a womanizing pimp pirate badass assassin that's married and wants to prove himself a respectable gentleman. That story is so rediculous it just might work. :P

hexashadow13
I take that promiscuity over Connor any day :lol:! They did say AC4 was a HBO-version of pirates. And all women in HBO shows have a reversed nudity-clause...
#40 Posted by Zaibach (13457 posts) -

definitive version confirmed, suck it farm yard animals

#41 Posted by JamDev (970 posts) -
Cross gen games aren't going to look amazing, don't know what people expected. The PS4/720 versions will be equivalent to current gen PC ports, nothing more than that. Games designed to run on next gen consoles and PC only are where we will see some progress.
#42 Posted by Puckhog04 (22606 posts) -

So, essentially, it's going to look only slightly better than the PS3/360/Wii U versions and still pale in comparison to the PC version. Nice. Pretty much what was expected.

#43 Posted by NFJSupreme (5379 posts) -

honestly there was nothing special about that.

#44 Posted by Vari3ty (11111 posts) -

Hooray, more PR crap to try promote the PS4 

Not excited at all for AC IV. AC III already fooled me, I won't let that happen again

seanmcloughlin

This. I'm not falling for the AC hype again.