Absolute Best Game Endings

• 125 results
#51 Edited by KittenNose (827 posts) -

Final Fantasy 1, because the music was epic from a seven year old's perspective.

Final Fantasy 3/6, because it was like twenty minutes long, and it changed based on what you did in the game. Given that this was the SNES, that was remarkable.

Fallout, because it blew me away.

And portal 1&2, because the ending songs rock. Not to mention looking up at the moon and thinking "... Well it is white... and moon rocks.... Might as well give it a try even if it is stu OH MY GOD!"

#52 Edited by santoron (8561 posts) -

Portal is king.

P4G was a recently played game I loved the ending to though.

#53 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38222 posts) -

CTRL+F "Shadow of the colossus"

You suck System Wars lol

#54 Edited by Blabadon (31828 posts) -

@seanmcloughlin: Nice ending, nothing exactly memorable except the Ico debates it caused.

#55 Edited by JangoWuzHere (18715 posts) -

@clr84651 said:

1. MGS 3 Epic encounter and fight to the death with the Boss lady.

2. Bioshock Infinite Several of her drown you to death after saving her and taking her out of there.

3. The Last of Us The way Joel acts and his choice to let the world die & goes off with Ellie.

I guess these are more surprise/best endings.

Wow, what an asshole. I already played those games, but i feel sad for anyone who hasn't yet.

#56 Edited by seanmcloughlin (38222 posts) -

@Blabadon said:

@seanmcloughlin: Nice ending, nothing exactly memorable except the Ico debates it caused.

Nothing memorable? o you not have normal human emotions?

The only way you'd say the ending wasn't memorable is if you were completely disconnected from the game while playing it.

#57 Edited by EPICCOMMANDER (1054 posts) -
@seanmcloughlin said:

CTRL+F "Shadow of the colossus"

You suck System Wars lol

It was a good ending, but it was sad obviously, and that made me dislike it. The ending was without a doubt well done, but I personally didn't like it.

#58 Posted by PrincessGomez92 (4333 posts) -

Thank god I didn't read those unspoilered spoilers.

#59 Edited by seanmcloughlin (38222 posts) -

@clr84651 said:

2. Bioshock Infinite Several of her drown you to death after saving her and taking her out of there.

3. The Last of Us The way Joel acts and his choice to let the world die & goes off with Ellie.

Please spoiler your shit next time

#60 Posted by Blabadon (31828 posts) -

@seanmcloughlin: Dude, y'all know Shadow of the Colossus is my favorite game ever.

It's a good ending. I don't think it's memorable. Poignant though? Yeah.

#61 Posted by inb4uall (6564 posts) -

I like the ending to SW.

Everyone loses

#62 Edited by hrt_rulz01 (10020 posts) -

Standouts for me are Half-Life 2 (special mention to Episode 2), Bioshock, Bioshock Infinite, Portal 2, TLOU, Mass Effect 3 (that's right, I liked the ending).

#63 Posted by Basinboy (12052 posts) -

How about just games with great endings?

FFIX + FFX
Legend of Legaia
TLOU
BIoshock Infinite
Portal/Portal 2
Halo: CE
Bayonetta
Pokemon R/B/Y
Uncharted 2
Shadow of the Colossus
Journey
The Stanley Parable
Super Mario World
Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Kingdom Hearts 2 (sorta this list's sore thumb TBH)

I know I'm skipping a bunch but got other things to do.

#64 Posted by PannicAtack (21040 posts) -

Max Payne 2 and Spec Ops: The Line for me.

#65 Posted by PannicAtack (21040 posts) -

@Cloud_imperium: Honestly, I thought ATDD's ending was pretty lame. AMFP's ending was way better.

#66 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (19564 posts) -

All Though the Ending to Portal 2's Story was so Damnn Epic it was almost biblical I think the Co-Op campaign was miles better because the Final Puzzle.... The 1st Time.... Its just such a powerfull and funny moment that it beats "Space" by miles.

#67 Posted by bbkkristian (14971 posts) -

Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions

Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII

Persona 3 FES The Answer

The World Ends With You

#68 Posted by Gamerno66666 (175 posts) -

Portal 2- Absolutely love this ending. Best ending ever.

To The Moon- A great bittersweet ending. :(

Bioshock Infinite- I only like this game because of that ending.

Shadow Of The Colossus- :'(

Chrono Trigger- Cheesy but awesome.

There are more but these are the one that I can think of right now.

#69 Posted by Cloud_imperium (12478 posts) -

@PannicAtack said:

@Cloud_imperium: Honestly, I thought ATDD's ending was pretty lame. AMFP's ending was way better.

Both had better endings than Outlast , which was great game but ending didn't satisfy me .

#70 Posted by MikeMoose (3075 posts) -

Mass Effect 2 man. I dont know if anything will ever top the suicide mission for me. So epic...

#71 Posted by BattleSpectre (7989 posts) -

The Last of Us. Really made me use my brain and think about what the hell just happened, can't wait to experience it all again on the PS4. And this time I'll give the multiplayer a shot which I never did on my PS3.

#72 Posted by Renegade_Fury (18319 posts) -
  • Streets of Rage 1-3
  • Sonic 1-3 & Knuckles, CD, Adventure, Rush, Generations
  • NiGHTS into Dreams
  • Pokemon R/B/Y
  • Mass Effect 1
  • Dark Forces II: Jedi Knight
  • KOTOR
  • Chrono Trigger
  • Panzer Dragoon Saga
  • Ocarina of Time
  • Twilight Princess
  • The Legacy of Goku II, Buu's Fury
  • Mega Man X
  • Halo CE
#73 Edited by ConanTheStoner (10917 posts) -

I don't know if I'd say absolute best, but AMP4 (Asian Massage Parlor 4) had a very happy ending.

#75 Posted by stuff238 (1470 posts) -

MGS1-4

RDR

God of war 1-3

Halo Reach......dat final level was genius. Great idea and well executed.

Sonic the hedgehog 2

Goldeneye007

Final Fantasy 4-10

#76 Posted by elkoldo (1664 posts) -

Silent Hill 2: "In my restless dreams I see that town, Silent Hill.You promised to take me back there, but you never did..."

The Last of Us: "...You still find something worth fighting for."

#77 Edited by clr84651 (5620 posts) -

@JangoWuzHere said:

@clr84651 said:

Wow, what an asshole. I already played those games, but i feel sad for anyone who hasn't yet.

Wow, what a rude comment. I didn't realize I had done that. It said endings. Maybe people shouldn't come into a topic that says endings and read them then. It's going to talk about game endings. Good Lord!

#78 Edited by clr84651 (5620 posts) -

@seanmcloughlin said:

@clr84651 said:

Please spoiler your shit next time

It's a topic about game endings. People shouldn't come into a topic about game endings if they don't want to run into info on game endings.

#79 Edited by SolidGame_basic (20560 posts) -

I want to read this but I know I'll run into a spoiler lol

#80 Posted by shawn30 (4367 posts) -

I have to add Red Dead Redemption, Halo:Reach, and Bayonetta as all having very good endings. I honestly liked Gears of War 3 ending as well. Fitting end for a soldier.

#81 Edited by Vaasman (12267 posts) -

Limbo of the Lost. Best ending to anything ever.

#82 Posted by LustForSoul (5978 posts) -

It's hard to get stellar endings. If I invest 25 hours into a game and it ends, I expect too much. Only ending I can think of is AC2.

#83 Edited by bforrester420 (3086 posts) -

Metal Gear Solid 3

#84 Posted by CTR360 (7802 posts) -

1 mgs3 2 mgs4 3 RDR 4 last of us 5 mass effect 2 6 shenmue 7 shenmue 2 8 batman AC 9 bioshock infinite 10 xenoblade 11 ni no kuni 12 resident evil code veronica 13 AC2 14 halo reach 15 uncharted 16 deus ex human revilution 17 metro 2033 for me

#85 Edited by seanmcloughlin (38222 posts) -

@clr84651 said:

It's a topic about game endings. People shouldn't come into a topic about game endings if they don't want to run into info on game endings.

No, plenty of people were just posting the game and if you had finished it you were able to relate to them and know why they picked it. You didn't need to spell it out

Plus the OP or title don't say anything about there being spoilers so people would likely just scroll through

#86 Edited by TigerSuperman (4331 posts) -

http://www.tubechop.com/watch/2725344

#87 Posted by WG_McFartypants (233 posts) -

Pong.

#88 Posted by LostProphetFLCL (18526 posts) -

1) MGS3 tops all. Not only is the whole entire lead-up to that ending epic, finishing off with an epic boss fight, but by God that has to be the greatest ending cinematic I have ever seen in a game. Ending actually beats the pants off 99.9% of movie endings as well.

2) Bioshock Infinite: Loved the game in general, but that ending absolutely took it over the top. Such an incredible finish to that game and one of the most amazingly poignant ending cinematics. Definitely only feel that MGS3 outdoes it.

3) Red Dead Redemption: Great, emotional ending that throws you through a loop. Was a very fun game and I am sad I haven't seen anything about a follow-up yet.

#89 Posted by TigerSuperman (4331 posts) -

@LostProphetFLCL said:

1) MGS3 tops all. Not only is the whole entire lead-up to that ending epic, finishing off with an epic boss fight, but by God that has to be the greatest ending cinematic I have ever seen in a game. Ending actually beats the pants off 99.9% of movie endings as well.

2) Bioshock Infinite: Loved the game in general, but that ending absolutely took it over the top. Such an incredible finish to that game and one of the most amazingly poignant ending cinematics. Definitely only feel that MGS3 outdoes it.

3) Red Dead Redemption: Great, emotional ending that throws you through a loop. Was a very fun game and I am sad I haven't seen anything about a follow-up yet.

LOl this is sad.

Sig

___

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=161292107430

#90 Posted by benleslie5 (8356 posts) -

A few favourite endings-

• Final Fantasy X (Every time the music alone makes me cry)
  • Persona 4
  • Kingdom Hearts
  • The Last of Us
  • The Walking Dead Season 1

#91 Edited by -Rhett81- (3569 posts) -

In no particular order:

• The Last of Us
  • BioShock Infinite
  • StarCraft 2
  • StarCraft 2: Heart of the Swarm
  • Chrono Trigger
  • Final Fantasy 7
  • Kingdom Hearts
  • Kingdom Hearts 2
  • Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
  • Final Fantasy 6
  • The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
  • Resident Evil
  • Portal
  • Portal 2
  • Sonic the Hedgehog 2
  • Sonic the Hedgehog 3 (with Sonic and Knuckles)
#92 Edited by clr84651 (5620 posts) -

@seanmcloughlin said:

@clr84651 said:

No, plenty of people were just posting the game and if you had finished it you were able to relate to them and know why they picked it. You didn't need to spell it out

Plus the OP or title don't say anything about there being spoilers so people would likely just scroll through

The title says "Absolute Best Game Endings" not "Games With The Best Endings". The TC should be required to say possible spoilers in a topic created like this one. Also people should expect to read possible spoilers when going into a topic like this one.

Why would I just say the game titles when it says the game's endings? The game's title isn't stating what the ending is about like the topic title says the topic is about.

Makes no sense for you to tell me off for following what the topic says. It matters not what other people did. The TC is at fault here and not me.

#93 Posted by lamprey263 (30724 posts) -

Shadow of the Colossus

#94 Edited by Blabadon (31828 posts) -

@clr84651: No, it's pretty easy to see everyone else got what to do in a thread like this and you didn't.

As it is, seems you've already spoiled the games for a few people, so good job chum.

#95 Posted by CrownKingArthur (5262 posts) -
@inb4uall said:

I like the ending to SW.

Everyone loses

yes

at least, everyone here trying to 'win'

also, good work using spoiler tags. some people haven't figured out the ending yet.

#96 Posted by drekula2 (3349 posts) -

in addition to the above i like Braid's ending and it's take on most video game tales

#97 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38222 posts) -

@clr84651 said:

The title says "Absolute Best Game Endings" not "Games With The Best Endings". The TC should be required to say possible spoilers in a topic created like this one. Also people should expect to read possible spoilers when going into a topic like this one.

Why would I just say the game titles when it says the game's endings? The game's title isn't stating what the ending is about like the topic title says the topic is about.

Makes no sense for you to tell me off for following what the topic says. It matters not what other people did. The TC is at fault here and not me.

There are always threads like this and they always go the same. The rule of thumb is to play it safe

#98 Edited by Krelian-co (13274 posts) -

Mass Effect 3, obviously.

#99 Posted by wiifan001 (18619 posts) -

Final Fantasy VI
Batman Arkham City
Xenoblade Chronicles

#100 Posted by Priapus10101 (157 posts) -

Bioshock
Half Life and Half Life 2 (including Episode 1 and 2)
Portal and Portal 2 (my favourite)
Starcraft
The Stanley Parable (all endings)
Warcraft 3: Reign of Chaos and Frozen Throne