a totally subjective reason why i'm avoiding the PC this gen

• 151 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#101 Edited by bforrester420 (1364 posts) -

@Cobra_nVidia said:

First of all, your entire post was essentially "sitting at my desk at home reminds me of sitting at my desk at work." For most of us, our jobs are easily distinguishable from gaming, even if we are staring at the screen the whole day.

Secondly, the weather doesn't explain why you feel the need to "unwind" on a sofa instead of a chair. You can always go to the gym, exercise at home, or walk outside. All of those, however, will require more effort than "spending afternoons at the golf course"

I spend an hour and a half at the gym every day during lunch. In fact, I'm leaving for the gym in 11 minutes (Shoulders, arms, and cardio today...I'm doing HIIT supersets for the spring cut) If you want to go home and walk outside in sub-zero temperatures, which it's regularly been this winter, have at it, but I've already gotten my exercise for the day at that point. Don't act like you know my entire day's routine based on what I do when I get home. That's very sophistic.

Most evenings I don't even go home and game; and some of those times I do elect to do so on the PC. Some of those times I don't want to sit in an office chair at a desk. Un-clench your butthole, dude. Does it really rustle your jimmy that some people unwind in different ways, and for different reasons, than you?

#102 Posted by shellcase86 (1934 posts) -

I feel the same, TC.

#103 Posted by MlauTheDaft (3384 posts) -

I never understood this argument. Work does'nt hinder my ability to load up games.

#104 Posted by darkangel115 (1505 posts) -

@darkangel115 said:

@CrownKingArthur: yes In standby mode and no. Until the day my PC can turn on and off via a voice command, also turn on my tv. Allow me to control it without a mouse and or keyboard and switch games instantly from a voice command etc it can't be as convienant as my x1. I guess it can be as much as my ps4 but it would require me leaving it on.

interesting.

that's good you agree pc's pretty much on par with ps4, but i guess in terms of convenience the xbox one with kinect is a cut above.

damn. xbox platform is the most technologically convenient. a winner is you!

its just my opinion. in my younger days when i could get home from school and play 8 hours straight or have weekend where i could play for hours on end, it wouldn't matter to me. But being in my 30s with 2 kids a wife a house, 3 cars, and a full time job (plus my wife works as well) All needing my attention, I'll take any time savings i can get.

#105 Posted by Cobra_nVidia (1445 posts) -

@Cobra_nVidia said:

First of all, your entire post was essentially "sitting at my desk at home reminds me of sitting at my desk at work." For most of us, our jobs are easily distinguishable from gaming, even if we are staring at the screen the whole day.

Secondly, the weather doesn't explain why you feel the need to "unwind" on a sofa instead of a chair. You can always go to the gym, exercise at home, or walk outside. All of those, however, will require more effort than "spending afternoons at the golf course"

I spend an hour and a half at the gym every day during lunch. In fact, I'm leaving for the gym in 11 minutes (Shoulders, arms, and cardio today...I'm doing HIIT supersets for the spring cut) If you want to go home and walk outside in sub-zero temperatures, which it's regularly been this winter, have at it, but I've already gotten my exercise for the day at that point. Don't act like you know my entire day's routine based on what I do when I get home. That's very sophistic.

Most evenings I don't even go home and game; and some of those times I do elect to do so on the PC. Some of those times I don't want to sit in an office chair at a desk. Un-clench your butthole, dude. Does it really rustle your jimmy that some people unwind in different ways, and for different reasons, than you?

You chose to share your exercise routine, we didn't ask for it.

First it was sitting on your ass reclined in a sofa after a hard day of...sitting down. If sitting comfortably reminds you of work, you don't need to unwind at all.

Then it was standing around at a golf course when it's warm enough (Sub-zero in the winter, you don't say!)

Now, apparently you suddenly spend an absurd amount of time on lunch and exercise, work out at the gym after, and then sometimes do the thing you said you didn't, and sometimes occasionally do the thing you originally said you did.

The problem is not us. Stop digging, because there's a lot of lava and crushing gigapascals between you and China.

#106 Posted by Tqricardinho (340 posts) -

I like gaming on my laptop, but I always prefer gaming on the console.

#107 Posted by Zen_Light (1231 posts) -

I avoid PC gaming because it has no epic exclusives anymore.

#108 Edited by IMAHAPYHIPPO (2563 posts) -

@bforrester420: That's the internet for gamers -- present something as pure opinion by your own admission, get bombarded with gamers' opinions trying to pass as irrefutable fact.

Basically a summary of this conversation -- "PC gaming isn't really ideal for me." "But, umm, it is ideal for you, it's PC gaming. Duh." "No, just not really for me." "Um, that's stupid. PC gaming is right for everybody, and you should game on PC." "No... Sorry, guys. Just don't really want to PC game that much." "Well, fine. Then, I'm going to pick apart your points and twist them around to fit my own agenda like a stubborn child, so I can convince you you're an idiot for not wanting to play games on PC." "Still.... Not really into PC gaming."

#109 Edited by juarbles (801 posts) -

I agree in part that happens to me too. Luckily we have SOny to suply the quota of console real gaming.

#110 Edited by lostrib (34503 posts) -

@juarbles said:

I agree in part that happens to me too. Luckily we have SOny to suply the quota of console real gaming.

Greatness awaits....and waits...and waits

#112 Posted by bforrester420 (1364 posts) -

@bforrester420: That's the internet for gamers -- present something as pure opinion by your own admission, get bombarded with gamers' opinions trying to pass as irrefutable fact.

Basically a summary of this conversation -- "PC gaming isn't really ideal for me." "But, umm, it is ideal for you, it's PC gaming. Duh." "No, just not really for me." "Um, that's stupid. PC gaming is right for everybody, and you should game on PC." "No... Sorry, guys. Just don't really want to PC game that much." "Well, fine. Then, I'm going to pick apart your points and twist them around to fit my own agenda like a stubborn child, so I can convince you you're an idiot for not wanting to play games on PC." "Still.... Not really into PC gaming."

PC Gamers are such an insecure lot on these forums. We get it, visuals and frame rates are better on your system. I like PC gaming, but I like it for the types of games I can't play on consoles (Turn based strategies, mostly).

Console and PC gaming each have their Pros and Cons and PC gamers don't seem to understand that different people weigh those Pros and Cons differently than they do.

#113 Edited by Kinthalis (5306 posts) -

@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:

That's the stupidest most biased interpretation of this thread any console fanboy could come up with. Congrats, I'm sure they'll throw you a party or something console warrior!

The REAL summaiton of this thread:

OP: PC sucks 'cause desk and stuff.

PC gamer: You can play PC games on your TV.

OP: Still sucks.

PC gamer: ok then.

Or what would have been written if people were being truly honest:

OP: Console gaming RULES you stupid HERMITS! I'm goign to rub my opinion all over your stupid noses!!!!

PC Gamer: Wow, another idiot on system wars, another day.

OP: Oh my god, these hermits attack liek a pack of wild dogs!! Help! I'm being persecuted!!!! I have the right to put down everyone who doesn't agree with my preference of consoles, even though it wa sme who started this stupid thread, apparently not to dicuss the merits of my opinion, but simply to state that opinin and have everyone in the thread agree!!! But these hermits aren't agreeing!! ARGH!

#114 Edited by bforrester420 (1364 posts) -

@Cobra_nVidia said:

@bforrester420 said:

@Cobra_nVidia said:

You chose to share your exercise routine, we didn't ask for it.

First it was sitting on your ass reclined in a sofa after a hard day of...sitting down. If sitting comfortably reminds you of work, you don't need to unwind at all.

Then it was standing around at a golf course when it's warm enough (Sub-zero in the winter, you don't say!)

Now, apparently you suddenly spend an absurd amount of time on lunch and exercise, work out at the gym after, and then sometimes do the thing you said you didn't, and sometimes occasionally do the thing you originally said you did.

The problem is not us. Stop digging, because there's a lot of lava and crushing gigapascals between you and China.

You're the dickhole that wants to pontificate to me about perceived habits when you know absolutely nothing about me outside of the fact that I sometimes don't like to go home and sit at a desk after sitting at a desk for 8-10 hours. You told me to go to gym when I already go to the gym.

When I say "sub-zero" temps, I mean sub-zero Fahrenheit. For example, my drive to work this morning claimed -7 F (or -22 C).

I didn't say I never come home and game on the PC, I said many days I don't want to. Quit putting words in other people's mouths. An hour and a half (between changing and showers) is an absurd amount of time at the gym? You must not lift or you don't have a job that affords you the flexibility to take as long a lunch hour as you'd like.

The problem IS you. You're the one that has the problem with how people choose to spend, or not spend, their gaming hours. If we don't agree with you and your romantic love for the PC, it's an issue.

#115 Posted by Shielder7 (5151 posts) -

All of those problems combined, it takes longer to install a game on xbox one.

Yep...... That's more of an Xbox one isolated problem that I myself have been vocal about than a general console problem, I don't know what your point is?

#116 Edited by bforrester420 (1364 posts) -

@Kinthalis said:

@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:

That's the stupidest most biased interpretation of this thread any console fanboy could come up with. Congrats, I'm sure they'll throw you a party or something console warrior!

OP: Console gaming RULES you stupid HERMITS! I'm goign to rub my opinion all over your stupid noses!!!!

OP: Oh my god, these hermits attack liek a pack of wild dogs!! Help! I'm being persecuted!!!! I have the right to put down everyone who doesn't agree with my preference of consoles, even though it wa sme who started this stupid thread, apparently not to dicuss the merits of my opinion, but simply to state that opinin and have everyone in the thread agree!!! But these hermits aren't agreeing!! ARGH!

You're still ignoring the fact that for some people, PC gaming isn't ideal. I'll never understand why hermits can't just accept that and move on. There are pros and cons and everyone weighs them differently. It would be a pain in the ass for me to move my PC back-and-forth between the office and TV. Not only would it be a pain, but I'd have to spend a bunch of money just to make the hassle possible (wireless network card, keyboard, mouse).

Rather, I'll just pick and chose when I play on my console and when I play PC and you hermits can (or can't, as it would seem) just be grown-ups about the fact that some people's priorities aren't in line with yours.

#117 Edited by Kinthalis (5306 posts) -

@bforrester420 said:

@Kinthalis said:

@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:

You're still ignoring the fact that for some people, PC gaming isn't ideal. I'll never understand why hermits can't just accept that and move on. There are pros and cons and everyone weighs them differently. It would be a pain in the ass for me to move my PC back-and-forth between the office and TV. Not only would it be a pain, but I'd have to spend a bunch of money just to make the hassle possible (wireless network card, keyboard, mouse).

Rather, I'll just pick and chose when I play on my console and when I play PC and you hermits can (or can't, as it would seem) just be grown-ups about the fact that some people's priorities aren't in line with yours.

What was the point of this thread?

Thsi is a DICUSSION forum. You know that, right? You are aware of that? Normally, you put comments into a discussion forum so that they could be discussed, dissected, mulled over, appreciated, discarded, evaluated.

This appears to have eluded you. That, or you are suffering from some serious reading comprehension issues.

You started by pointing out that the reason why you don't do much PC gaming is that you don't like gamign at your desk sometimes. People pointed out that, hey, you don't need to! And in the future, with TV friendly machines like steam machines, this possibility will be even more user friendly! Imagien that! People, discussing what you had to say! On a forum board!!! My goodness.

Apparently that russtled your jimmies and you started accusing people of forcing PC gaming on you or some such nonsense.

You appear to have expected everyoen in here to simply agree with you. Why can't YOU understand that some people perhaps PREFER to play at a desk, or have figured out that through this MAGICAL thing called a network or an HDMI cable they cna enjoy PC gmaing on a TV?

Or in other words, Grow up.

#118 Edited by bforrester420 (1364 posts) -

@Kinthalis said:

What was the point of this thread?

Thsi is a DICUSSION forum. You know that, right? You are aware of that? Normally, you put comments into a discussion forum so that they could be discussed, dissected, mulled over, appreciated, discarded, evaluated.

This appears to have eluded you. That, or you are suffering from some serious reading comprehension issues.

You started by pointing out that the reason why you don't do much PC gaming is that you don't like gamign at your desk sometimes. People pointed out that, hey, you don't need to! And in the future, with TV friendly machines like steam machines, this possibility will be even more user friendly! Imagien that! People, discussing what you had to say! On a forum board!!! My goodness.

Apparently that russtled your jimmies and you started accusing people of forcing PC gaming on you or some such nonsense.

You appear to have expected everyoen in here to simply agree with you. Why can't YOU understand that some people perhaps PREFER to play at a desk, or have figured out that through this MAGICAL thing called a network or an HDMI cable they cna enjoy PC gmaing on a TV?

Or in other words, Grow up.

Whatever, dude; agree to disagree. The Thread Starter stated his reason (desk and a chair and already spends his day in front of a PC...the point of this thread) for avoiding PC gaming this gen, I largely agree with him, posted as such, and a bunch of hyper-sensitive PC gamers went on the attack at some perceived slight. You don't have to like it, but you do have to accept it...or be pissed off about it....I don't give a shit either way, it's your blood pressure.

I find it amusing how sandy a PC gamer's vagina becomes when anyone states their reason for not wanting to game on a PC. Who knows, it may pay off some day; that sand may become a pearl. I understand that some people want to play at a desk and I have nothing positive or negative to say about that...that's their preference and that's just fine....unlike some PC gamers that have a problem with those that don't.

#119 Posted by lostrib (34503 posts) -

Y'all are getting way too upset about some idiot's personal opinion

#120 Posted by IMAHAPYHIPPO (2563 posts) -

@Kinthalis: A console fanboy, you say? It must not matter that I'm typing this post out on my recent constructed gaming PC, then. You're basically exaggerating your side of the argument as much as I'm exaggerating mine. Everybody has very valid arguments about PC gaming for their own gaming habits, but not everybody wants to do all of those things. On occasion, I hook my PC up to my TV, but it can be a giant hassle, which is what that poster's talking about. And that is a very valid counter-argument as to why he doesn't want to game on PC that often.

#121 Posted by Jankarcop (8976 posts) -

@Jankarcop said:

I don't know what your point is?

You probably want to read this thread instead of looking like a moron next time.

I'm clearly stating reasons why I find PC gaming to be more relaxing and less work than console gaming, and current gen console install times are one of those major factors.

Pretty crystal clear.

#122 Edited by Jankarcop (8976 posts) -

@Evo_nine said:

Comfy couch, OPTIMISED controller, surround sound and great games FTW.

Surely cows and lems can agree on this.

PC has all of that, and more on some of those facets. (more controller types, more great games, etc).

#123 Posted by Cruxis27 (1905 posts) -

Sounds like you hate your job and/or life.

#124 Edited by Jankarcop (8976 posts) -

@bforrester420 said:
@Jankarcop said:

PC is more relaxing for me. Playing games on a consoles for me feels like work because:

• 30 fps or below. 900P. Strains my eyes. Feels like work
  • 1hour install times in xbox one. Feels like a chore, just too much bullshit.
  • Paying to play an inferior online. Hassle.
  • Almost no good games on next gen systems. Feels like work, cause I have no games at work either.
  • Any shooter with thumbsticks, hell even my work is less annoying than this.

1. Goodness, however did you survive gaming prior to 2005? Some of the games of all time are sub-HD.

2. God forbid you should have software or driver problems that render that game you just bought completely unplayable. At least I know my console game will always work.

3. You should look for a better job.

4. Shooters....lol

That has to be the dumbest list I've read today.

Few posts later:

@bforrester420 said:

The Thread Starter stated his reason (desk and a chair and already spends his day in front of a PC...the point of this thread) for avoiding PC gaming this gen, I largely agree with him, posted as such, and a bunch of hyper-sensitive PC gamers went on the attack at some perceived slight.

that's their preference and that's just fine....unlike some PC gamers that have a problem with those that don't.

@bforrester420 said:

#125 Posted by CrownKingArthur (4431 posts) -
#126 Edited by Jankarcop (8976 posts) -

Console kids always attack first. Always.

Little do they know it's like an ant fighting a lion.

#127 Posted by IMAHAPYHIPPO (2563 posts) -

@Jankarcop: That analogy doesn't properly describe the advantage PC has over console gaming. Also, a lot of these "kids" are well-adjusted adults with careers.

#128 Posted by The_Last_Ride (70674 posts) -

@drekula2: i know what you mean, it's personal taste and opinion at the end of the day

#129 Edited by Jankarcop (8976 posts) -

@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:

@Jankarcop: Also, a lot of these "kids" are well-adjusted adults with careers.

So well-adjusted that they attack other posters who are clearly stating their opinion, but bent out of shape when someone else does the same thing.

Yeah...

#130 Posted by Shielder7 (5151 posts) -

@Shielder7 said:

@Jankarcop said:

I don't know what your point is?

You probably want to read this thread instead of looking like a moron next time.

I'm clearly stating reasons why I find PC gaming to be more relaxing and less work than console gaming, and current gen console install times are one of those major factors.

Pretty crystal clear.

Yeah because PS 4 instal times are just so horrendous..... Oh wait they're not, it's not a current gen issue it's only an Xbox one issue so your point is pointless.

(Not sure on Wii U instal times anyone with a Wii U comment)

@Evo_nine said:

Comfy couch, OPTIMISED controller, surround sound and great games FTW.

Surely cows and lems can agree on this.

PC has all of that, and more on some of those facets. (more controller types, more great games, etc).

Yeah except great games that are great enough to get GOTY!

#131 Posted by Shielder7 (5151 posts) -

Almost forgot.

Another reason I find PC far more comfortable and relaxing is the ability to get ALL games online with a click of a button at ANY TIME and usually LMAO CHEAPER, rather than go out in this 0* ice blast thats hitting the east coast.

Except when it has DRM and this 0* ice blast knocks out your internet and you can't play your games.

#132 Posted by soulitane (13432 posts) -

@Jankarcop said:

Almost forgot.

Another reason I find PC far more comfortable and relaxing is the ability to get ALL games online with a click of a button at ANY TIME and usually LMAO CHEAPER, rather than go out in this 0* ice blast thats hitting the east coast.

Except when it has DRM and this 0* ice blast knocks out your internet and you can't play your games.

There's an offline mode, sounds like you don't use steam

#133 Posted by Cobra_nVidia (1445 posts) -

@Jankarcop said:

Yeah except great games that are great enough to get GOTY!

Great enough to get GOTY...like Gears of War?

Most PC games 7.5 and up would be "great enough" to get GOTY if they were console exclusives. And games like Forza or Soul Calibur 4 would be "great enough" to get GOTY if reviewers valued actual gameplay over cutscenes, "rich characterizations", and "compelling narratives".

#134 Edited by Jankarcop (8976 posts) -

@Shielder7 said:

@Jankarcop said:

Almost forgot.

Are you just a fakeboy trying to make console kids look stupid?

Also steam isn't the only way to play PC games. PC is more comfortable for me = fact.

#135 Posted by hoyalawya (342 posts) -
#136 Posted by Kinthalis (5306 posts) -

PC = more comfortable for me.

PC = better gaming experience for me.

PC = Better graphics and better performance.

PC = Games and genres I prefer to play.

#137 Posted by shellcase86 (1934 posts) -

I guess I'm not allowed to like console gaming. Now I know better.

#138 Posted by Motokid6 (5253 posts) -

I game with my pc in a f***ing tree. Get on my level peasants.

#139 Posted by Shielder7 (5151 posts) -

@Shielder7 said:

@Jankarcop said:

Almost forgot.

Are you just a fakeboy trying to make console kids look stupid?

Also steam isn't the only way to play PC games. PC is more comfortable for me = fact.

The Big List of 3rd Party DRM on Steam

http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/The_Big_List_of_3rd_Party_DRM_on_Steam

#140 Posted by Jankarcop (8976 posts) -
#141 Posted by Shielder7 (5151 posts) -

@Shielder7 said:

Derp.

Are you really going to sit there and say there are no games on PC or Steam that don't require Always online DRM? Because if you are wow................................

#142 Edited by Jankarcop (8976 posts) -

@Shielder7 said:

Ofcourse there are, just like there are on psn/xbl, minus the ludicrous updates and patching cycles. Oh and 30 minute install times.

I find PC far more relaxing and easier. More convenient.

#143 Edited by ArisShadows (22615 posts) -

This thread's outcome was pretty lulzy.

Also, just you tell you, I play my PC games in the same place, I do my console gaming (aside from my Wii U).

#144 Posted by BlbecekBobecek (2685 posts) -

@leandrro said:

@drekula2 said:

I spend enough time on the computer (whether it's for my job, checking emails, surfing the internet), it's much harder to relax and enjoy a game for a few hours. To be perfectly honest, playing video games on the PC (a lot of the time) feels like work.

put a pc on the tv

Why would you do that when you can just buy a console?

#145 Edited by soulitane (13432 posts) -

@BlbecekBobecek said:

@leandrro said:

@drekula2 said:

I spend enough time on the computer (whether it's for my job, checking emails, surfing the internet), it's much harder to relax and enjoy a game for a few hours. To be perfectly honest, playing video games on the PC (a lot of the time) feels like work.

put a pc on the tv

Why would you do that when you can just buy a console?

You prefer the options that PC gaming offer?

#146 Posted by MK-Professor (3725 posts) -

I spend enough time on blurry and slow environment with inaccurate controls (in my job), it's much harder to relax and enjoy a game for a few hours. To be perfectly honest, playing video games on the console (a lot of the time) feels like work.

#147 Posted by LustForSoul (5843 posts) -

So you don't game on the PC because it reminds you of obligations. Your loss man.

#148 Edited by V3rciS (2213 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

You can run your PC on your TV, sitting on the couch and using a controller if you want.

You transforming your pc into a console.... what's the point? To have 5-10 fps more? Not interested, I'll just keep it at my desk for the 3 PC exclusive games I want to play per year.

#149 Posted by Rage010101 (5470 posts) -

spoken like a true casual

#150 Posted by jake44 (1960 posts) -

@V3rciS said:

@Heil68 said:

You can run your PC on your TV, sitting on the couch and using a controller if you want.

You transforming your pc into a console.... what's the point? To have 5-10 fps more? Not interested, I'll just keep it at my desk for the 3 PC exclusive games I want to play per year.

A solid 60fps at 1080p is more than worth it. Not to mention the graphical upgrade.