A New PS4 Exclusive From Epic Games?

• 89 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by Sweenix (5111 posts) -

Hopefully it's not gears of bore :/

#2 Posted by Eddie-Vedder (7750 posts) -

I really hope it's not gears. Gears is terrible.

#3 Edited by ImBatman- (1014 posts) -

Gears exclusive for PS4 would be hilarious, but I hope it's a new ip.

#4 Posted by PrincessGomez92 (2596 posts) -

Hopefully it's Gears of War 4.

#5 Posted by _Matt_ (8396 posts) -

I hope not Gears. Really not a fan of Gears. It would be hilarious to suddenly see lems hate Gears and cows loving it though.

#6 Posted by Telekill (3948 posts) -

I'm hoping for either a new IP or Unreal Tournament.

#7 Posted by Krelian-co (9133 posts) -

hope its a new ip, gears has outlived its cycle, just look at judgement.

#8 Edited by crimsonman1245 (4253 posts) -

I doubt its exclusive.

#9 Edited by APiranhaAteMyVa (2810 posts) -

Phil Spencer said that Epic had put Gears on the back burner, because it requires a reboot after the last Gears game didn't score or sell as well as the rest. I think it will be a new IP or a reboot of Gears. It will most likely be multiplat whatever it is.

#10 Posted by _Matt_ (8396 posts) -

I doubt its exclusive.

I would ordinarily doubt an exclusive, but games tend to only get announcement events such as this when the game is exclusive.

#11 Posted by ghostwarrior786 (2472 posts) -

with ms saying gears is finished and epic set to announce at sony event it could be gears related. i wouldnt mind another gears game simply for multiplayer but new ip would be nice

#12 Edited by TheBlueDrew (2 posts) -

So has Epic Games ever considered making a third party game? I mean I recall back when the PS3 first came out that Epic Games regretted going into an exclusivity deal with Microsoft so what happens if the Xbox One turns out to be really good and Epic Games want to put this new IP onto both systems. Surely if anything past experience should have taught Epic Games that the exclusivity deals are only beneficial to the console manufacturers.

#13 Posted by Whiteknight19 (1303 posts) -

I would like gears on ps4 if not it deffo has to be 62 player unreal tournament

#14 Posted by handssss (1337 posts) -

Hopefully it's Gears of War 4.

as much as i love gears (except for judgment), i can only imagine the shit storm that would be unless it were multiplat. but 1-3 in a collection should come first if at all. if they do, Epic could even through in the extra Brumak chapters from the PC version. Now THAT would be sweet.

#15 Posted by freedomfreak (36486 posts) -

Doubt it will be Gears.

#16 Edited by Chutebox (35691 posts) -

Whatever the game is, exclusive or not, hopefully it's nothing like GeoW.

#17 Posted by blackace (18497 posts) -

@Sweenix: I doubt it's Gears. Maybe a new Unreal game or something. I'll be watching Spike TV on that night.

#18 Posted by XxR3m1xInHDn3D (1967 posts) -

LOL at cows begging for it to be gears of war. I'm so sorry cows but it wont be gears of war. It reminds me of when Sony put Halo in their PS4 hype vid.

#19 Edited by silversix_ (12562 posts) -

Hopefully its not Gears or a Gears clone that will be spammed every two years until the end of the generation. Tired of EPIC releasing games with atrocious stories and generic as fk characters...

#20 Edited by Murderstyle75 (4115 posts) -

I'm thinking it might be FORTnITE. I mean that is their current project after all set to release in 2014.

#21 Posted by JohnF111 (13921 posts) -

Well there were rumours of a UT 2015 so maybe this is the reveal? Would be great!

#22 Posted by ghostwarrior786 (2472 posts) -

LOL at cows begging for it to be gears of war. I'm so sorry cows but it wont be gears of war. It reminds me of when Sony put Halo in their PS4 hype vid.

hahaha ^wat thread u reading? no one wants gears

#23 Posted by jukev2424 (242 posts) -

I pray that it is a new IP

#24 Edited by Cyberdot (3377 posts) -

Hopefully not exclusive.

I don't want to buy a console.

#25 Posted by Murderstyle75 (4115 posts) -

Epic never ruled out Gears on the Playstation platform and said they would love to do it. The only thing stopping them was their business relationship with Microsoft at the time.

With that being said though, I still think FORTnITE would make more sense on the platform. The game is going to be sick.

#26 Edited by _Matt_ (8396 posts) -

LOL at your reading apprehension skills. Pretty much everyone is saying they would rather it was not Gears. What does Sony putting "from the makers of Halo" in their video have to do with this? Would you like a pile of straws for you to grasp?

#27 Posted by crimsonman1245 (4253 posts) -

@_Matt_ said:

@crimsonman1245 said:

I doubt its exclusive.

I would ordinarily doubt an exclusive, but games tend to only get announcement events such as this when the game is exclusive.

Sony shows multiplats at all of their conferences. Moneyhatting Epic would be very expensive.

#28 Edited by PAL360 (26318 posts) -

I wouldn't mind Gears of War, the series are amazing, but the IP is exclusive to MS.

#29 Posted by Sweenix (5111 posts) -

@PAL360 said:

Damn, i hope it's Gears of War.....amazing series! I think that the IP is exclusive to MS, though.

It's not exclusive to microsoft, epic owns the ip.

#30 Edited by Nengo_Flow (8829 posts) -
#31 Posted by HaRmLeSS_RaGe (1270 posts) -

Gears Of War - The Movie

#32 Posted by 2Chalupas (4776 posts) -

Gears would only be good for the LULZ. It's a terrible franchise.

Epic was terrible this gen. I guess they are good at marketing because they sold their engine to 3rd parties like crazy. But as far as games? Nah. I'm not even convinced their technology is leading edge, they were just successful at selling it.

#33 Posted by _Matt_ (8396 posts) -

@_Matt_ said:

@crimsonman1245 said:

I doubt its exclusive.

Sony shows multiplats at all of their conferences. Moneyhatting Epic would be very expensive.

Their main ones sure, but their smaller ones tends to be exclusive, such as the announcements of Uncharted 2 (?) I think it was, perhaps The Last of Us too.

#34 Posted by StriateEnd (497 posts) -

Pls no Gears of Bore. Gosh that franchise was utter balls.

#35 Posted by superclocked (5676 posts) -

I like Gears of War. I wasn't a fan of the multiplayer, but the campaign definitely isn't bad...

#36 Posted by XxR3m1xInHDn3D (1967 posts) -

@_Matt_ said:

@XxR3m1xInHDn3D said:

LOL at your reading apprehension skills. Pretty much everyone is saying they would rather it was not Gears. What does Sony putting "from the makers of Halo" in their video have to do with this? Would you like a pile of straws for you to grasp?

The fact that everyone is typing that it "better not be gears" is pure damage control and they're basically saying that gears is a great franchise. They know that it would NEVER show up on a Playstation system so it is a pure butthurt response as we all know cows would go crazy for gears

#37 Posted by AMD655 (4495 posts) -

Bulletstorm 2

RAGE 2

DOOM 4

Possibru..........

#38 Posted by Murderstyle75 (4115 posts) -

@XxR3m1xInHDn3D: Why would it "NEVER" show up on the playstation platform? Is that just an opinion?

#39 Posted by _Matt_ (8396 posts) -

@_Matt_ said:

@XxR3m1xInHDn3D said:

The fact that everyone is typing that it "better not be gears" is pure damage control and they're basically saying that gears is a great franchise. They know that it would NEVER show up on a Playstation system so it is a pure butthurt response as we all know cows would go crazy for gears

Wow. Just wow. That logic.

You know, by that logic, lems are desperate for Killzone Shadow Fall, and that by calling it generic etc., they actually mean it's an amazing franchise that they would go crazy for. AmIRight?

#40 Posted by StriateEnd (497 posts) -

@_Matt_ said:

@XxR3m1xInHDn3D said:

How.... The fuck.... Did you come to the bizarre conclusion that 'better not be Gears = Gears is awesome'???

None of that post even makes a lick of sense!

#41 Edited by John_Matherson (2031 posts) -

Dear lemmings,, please hang on to your devs. We don't want your stupid leftover developers on our platform

#42 Posted by _Matt_ (8396 posts) -

Dear lemmings,, please hang on to your devs. We don't want your stupid leftover developers on our platform

Erm, Epic are actually amazingly talented. Sure Gears is rubbish, but Epic themselves aren't.

#43 Posted by crimsonman1245 (4253 posts) -

Uhhh no. I want me some epic games (preferably not gears though).

#44 Posted by 23Jarek23 (2616 posts) -

I just hope it ain't Gears, horribly overrated series.

#45 Posted by TREAL_Since (11945 posts) -

Gears 4 multiplayer on the Quad would be raw. Best case scenario is a new IP though.

#46 Posted by seanmcloughlin (37529 posts) -

if it was Gears you'd see cows suddenly care about it

But it's likely a new IP

#47 Posted by PyratRum (415 posts) -

Unreal Tournament 4 or Unreal Championship 3 please.

#48 Edited by ManInFlames-77 (291 posts) -

@seanmcloughlin: funny how you always fail to point out lem hypocrisy. Probably cause you're a closet lem.

#49 Posted by Supabul (3840 posts) -

All the fanboys hoping its not Gears, but they really do want it to be Gears, its just they don't want the others to know because we know its not

#50 Edited by thegamer00 (114 posts) -

The way some people feel about gears is the way the world feels about Killzone and Resistance. At least Resistance is dead.