A message from the hacker that took down PSN?

• 151 results
#101 Posted by lostrib (37046 posts) -

@clyde46 said:

@lostrib said:

@clyde46 said:

He's a lem version of Cashangry.

I think he might be worse. Although I haven't seen casharmy go bonkers in a while

Its always funny when he loses his shit.

Is casharmy the one who seems too obsessed with "pole riding"?

#102 Posted by Chutebox (37236 posts) -

@b4x said:

@WitIsWisdom said:

PSN is down again..... right now...

That is the scheduled maintenance that was pushed forward to the 28th.

Scheduled maintenance... That alone is a joke in itself. It's 2014 Sony?

Wait, what?

#103 Posted by Krelian-co (11005 posts) -

@Bishop1310 said:

@tormentos said:

@Bishop1310 said:

yeah cause having a single account hi-jacked is on the same level as psn going down for 24 days..

Take're easy on that high fat diet Tormento's the fat is going to your head.

That is if you believe that only Major Nelson account has been stolen on xbox live..lol

At least i could play offline when the PSN fiasco happen,what the fu** could you play when your 360 RROD and took 3 weeks to arrive back to you..lol

Oh and i receive 2 games for my trouble and PSN+ what did you get.? Because MS just send me 1 month of xbox live gold when my 360 arrived...lol

In fact i was hook on Bioshock when my 360 RROD and the PS3 didn't have it.

Actually I never had a 360 RROD on me, on the other hand I had a PS3 ylod on me while playing Cod 3. I sold 360's when new ones came out and I wanted to upgrade or change but never had one die on me.

So tryanother one please.

oh yeah the word of a fanboy is obviously more important than the millions of cases of documented RRODS around the world that even the media covered.

#104 Edited by lostrib (37046 posts) -

@Chutebox said:

@b4x said:

@WitIsWisdom said:

Wait, what?

apparently sony is the only company that does scheduled maintenance

#105 Posted by clyde46 (46326 posts) -

@Krelian-co said:

@Bishop1310 said:

@tormentos said:

@Bishop1310 said:

yeah cause having a single account hi-jacked is on the same level as psn going down for 24 days..

That is if you believe that only Major Nelson account has been stolen on xbox live..lol

At least i could play offline when the PSN fiasco happen,what the fu** could you play when your 360 RROD and took 3 weeks to arrive back to you..lol

Oh and i receive 2 games for my trouble and PSN+ what did you get.? Because MS just send me 1 month of xbox live gold when my 360 arrived...lol

Actually I never had a 360 RROD on me, on the other hand I had a PS3 ylod on me while playing Cod 3. I sold 360's when new ones came out and I wanted to upgrade or change but never had one die on me.

oh yeah the word of a fanboy is obviously more important than the millions of cases of documented RRODS around the world that even the media covered.

I've never had an RRoD. I've had other problems with my 360's but never a RRoD.

#106 Edited by Animal-Mother (26962 posts) -

@b4x said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@b4x said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@scottpsfan14 said:

I don't always agree with B4X, but I can tell you that arguing against personal information security is pretty fucking stupid. This needs fixing ASAP. They should invest in better security. Simple as that. All the ultra cows like Tormentos should stop doing DC for a problem that is very real. Srsly Tormentos. Cut the shit!

But it's not just sony, you're right they should fix it. But does anyone remember the target breach literally last christmas?? I've had my credit card information stolen before...From a breach from the bank of all places.

This is a problem pretty much that can happen anywhere.

We are talking about gaming services?

But this is the real world..... Anything on the net can be brought down with enough man power and zombie computers.

Has XBL?

Why are you defending incompetence?

http://www.neowin.net/news/xbox-live-accounts-being-compromised-money-taken

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2011/10/xbox-live-users-experiencing-hacked-accounts-fifa-11-and-12-purchases/

And yes yes it did....

http://www.wpcentral.com/xbox-live-faces-connectivity-issues-possible-ddos-attack-suspected

Question though... Why are you incompetent?

#107 Posted by Krelian-co (11005 posts) -

@clyde46 said:

@Krelian-co said:

@Bishop1310 said:

@tormentos said:

@Bishop1310 said:

Does it matter? do they stop existing because you didn't have one?

#108 Posted by lostrib (37046 posts) -

@Krelian-co said:

@clyde46 said:

@Krelian-co said:

Uh yeah, this is the internet remember.

#109 Posted by clyde46 (46326 posts) -

@Krelian-co said:

@clyde46 said:

@Krelian-co said:

@Bishop1310 said:

@tormentos said:

@Bishop1310 said:

Well, this world does revolve around me so yeah.

#110 Posted by intotheminx (692 posts) -

I think better security should be put in place for any service that is being paid for. If I can't play a game because of silly script kiddies then screw it. Also, lets not forget Steam was dealing with something similar earlier this year. It was pretty frustrating, but I don't pay a service to play my games on Steam.

#111 Posted by Krelian-co (11005 posts) -

@clyde46 said:

@Krelian-co said:

@clyde46 said:

@Krelian-co said:

@Bishop1310 said:

@tormentos said:

@Bishop1310 said:

Well, this world does revolve around me so yeah.

10 points for lies that moms tell their children

#112 Edited by blackace (20753 posts) -
@Chutebox said:

@b4x said:

@WitIsWisdom said:

Wait, what?

He's talking about this. http://www.gamespot.com/articles/following-attacks-psn-maintenance-for-ps3-and-ps4-/1100-6421967/

The maintenance was scheduled for Monday, but because of the DDOS attacks Sony had to reschedule it for today. I have no issue with the maintenance, I just wonder why they are doing it at the busiest time of the day. If they had did it from 1:00a to 8:00a PDT that would have been more appropriate. At least they didn't do it on the weekend. Hopefully this maintenance puts better security and stability into the network.

#113 Posted by B4X (4799 posts) -

If apologetic fanboys were the backbone of the Sony network infrastructure. It would be impenetrable.

Maybe someday apologies might work.

#114 Posted by clyde46 (46326 posts) -
@blackace said:
@Chutebox said:

@b4x said:

@WitIsWisdom said:

Wait, what?

He's talking about this. http://www.gamespot.com/articles/following-attacks-psn-maintenance-for-ps3-and-ps4-/1100-6421967/

The maintenance was scheduled for Monday, but because of the DDOS attacks Sony had to reschedule it for today. I have no issue with the maintenance, I just wonder why they are doing it at the busiest time of the day. If they had did it from 1:00a to 8:00a PDT that would have been more appropriate. At least they didn't do it on the weekend. Hopefully this maintenance puts better security and stability into the network.

Thats like 3am my time. Seems reasonable.

#115 Edited by B4X (4799 posts) -

@Animal-Mother said:

@b4x said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@b4x said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@scottpsfan14 said:

I don't always agree with B4X, but I can tell you that arguing against personal information security is pretty fucking stupid. This needs fixing ASAP. They should invest in better security. Simple as that. All the ultra cows like Tormentos should stop doing DC for a problem that is very real. Srsly Tormentos. Cut the shit!

But it's not just sony, you're right they should fix it. But does anyone remember the target breach literally last christmas?? I've had my credit card information stolen before...From a breach from the bank of all places.

This is a problem pretty much that can happen anywhere.

We are talking about gaming services?

But this is the real world..... Anything on the net can be brought down with enough man power and zombie computers.

Has XBL?

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2011/10/xbox-live-users-experiencing-hacked-accounts-fifa-11-and-12-purchases/

And yes yes it did....

http://www.wpcentral.com/xbox-live-faces-connectivity-issues-possible-ddos-attack-suspected

Account Phishing = Service down and breach.... I know you're just a young guy, but come-on?

Idiots giving their account info away = The networks down or has been hacked?

Like I said "I" have NEVER experienced not being to able to log into XBL.... The only time is when Halo 2 launched and I could still log in.

possible ddos suspected? What does that even mean... Possible?

If live has been down.... How long does it stay that way?

24 days? 7 hours? How long?

#116 Posted by Animal-Mother (26962 posts) -

@b4x said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@b4x said:

@Animal-Mother said:

Has XBL?

And yes yes it did....

Account Phishing = Service down and breach.... I know you're just a young guy, but come-on?

Idiots giving their account info away = The networks down or has been hacked?

Like I said "I" have NEVER experienced not being to able to log into XBL.... The only time is when Halo 2 launched and I could still log in.

possible ddos suspected? What does that even mean... Possible?

If live has been down.... How long does it stay that way?

24 days? 7 hours? How long?

Shame... You do not represent the population of the world.

There have been times very rarely I have not been able to log into XBL

#117 Edited by Opus_Rea-333 (976 posts) -

Some douchebag with jailbroken PS3 did something very wrong and greyed out all multiplayer gamemodes on Modern warfare 1 PS3 so i was unable to play MP...

fix was to create a newer account :P

#118 Edited by santoron (7749 posts) -

B4X reads about a DDOS attack,

Starts crying about credit card theft.

How very sad.

#119 Edited by Daious (1299 posts) -

Getting credit card information from this attack is far fetched. However, using centralized server is a pretty bad idea. So many major companies do it like Blizzard/Activision/League of legends (for everything but WoW).

If you centralize and have one main hub, you are going to get blasted by a ddos attack. Sony should address this.

#120 Posted by Chutebox (37236 posts) -

@blackace said:
@Chutebox said:

@b4x said:

@WitIsWisdom said:

Wait, what?

Seems he's saying that a maint itself is bad, not the timing.

#121 Edited by ZombieKiller7 (6255 posts) -

@b4x said:

@lostrib move along with your fishing attempts. To get me banned.

Company A writes security software for the US government. Runs a gaming service that is never down. Not even maintenance downtime. Owns a 14 billion dollar cloud service. With multiple data centers.

Company B has been brought to its knees by two hacking groups. Uses one data center. Has been called out by these hacking groups for taking joke security measures.

/really

This

We don't know about what security measures PSN has but the proof is in the pud-pud.

And from personal experience I know that downloads and such are slower on PSN than on XBL

Microsoft probably has more experience with computer security than any other company on the planet, not that they're invulnerable but they have expertise in securing US govt servers.

You can root for the underdog all you want (I do it often) but you have to admit that Microsoft is the overdog for a reason, they're very competent.

#122 Posted by Chutebox (37236 posts) -

@ZombieKiller7 said:

@b4x said:

@lostrib move along with your fishing attempts. To get me banned.

Company A writes security software for the US government. Runs a gaming service that is never down. Not even maintenance downtime. Owns a 14 billion dollar cloud service. With multiple data centers.

Company B has been brought to its knees by two hacking groups. Uses one data center. Has been called out by these hacking groups for taking joke security measures.

/really

This

We don't know about what security measures PSN has but the proof is in the pud-pud.

And from personal experience I know that downloads and such are slower on PSN than on XBL

Microsoft probably has more experience with computer security than any other company on the planet, not that they're invulnerable but they have expertise in securing US govt servers.

You can root for the underdog all you want (I do it often) but you have to admit that Microsoft is the overdog for a reason, they're very competent.

Not anymore. That has been a major upgrade when using PS4

#123 Edited by Krelian-co (11005 posts) -

@santoron said:

How very sad.

do you really think a 12 yo kid with mental problems would know the difference?

#124 Edited by which_wich (197 posts) -

Sounds more like a poser than anything. Sounds like some douche on Microsoft's payroll.

In other news: Should I sign up for XBL or should I go to the mall and pay teenagers 60$ to call me "fagg*t"?

#125 Edited by Mr_Huggles_dog (1210 posts) -

If all they did was DDOS PSN....thats not really hacking. And theres not a whole lot you can do about it.

For all we know the guy might be an MS fanboy.

#126 Edited by GreySeal9 (24360 posts) -

@blackace said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

God damn dude what's with your obsession over Sony.

Tormentos isn't even this bad.

Yes he is. El Tormo is worse in most cases. Look at him pulling links from 2010 to try to prove his point. LMAO!! The guys a joke and I enjoying have at him.

b4x is not "worse" but he is more annoying. Atleast Tormentos doesn't try to hide that's he's a giant fanboy. b4x tries to pretend he's not as if he's fooling anybody.

#127 Posted by sailor232 (4753 posts) -

@hate_me_now22 said:

To say the least, here are the facts:

1) XBL was slightly hindered. Some of it's services were interrupted, but many of the key ones were still functional.

2) PSN was forced offline completely. Now, whether you are a fanboy or not, we must admit that some services missing is better than the entire service itself being forced offline.

3) The hackers/attackers admitted that microsoft put up a fight and was ashamed of PSNs servers.

The thread should had ended here, but Cows being what they are have to always be in the right. Never accept when they are wrong, the mind of an 8 year old.

#128 Edited by Mr_Huggles_dog (1210 posts) -

@sailor232 said:

@hate_me_now22 said:

To say the least, here are the facts:

1) XBL was slightly hindered. Some of it's services were interrupted, but many of the key ones were still functional.

2) PSN was forced offline completely. Now, whether you are a fanboy or not, we must admit that some services missing is better than the entire service itself being forced offline.

3) The hackers/attackers admitted that microsoft put up a fight and was ashamed of PSNs servers.

The thread should had ended here, but Cows being what they are have to always be in the right. Never accept when they are wrong, the mind of an 8 year old.

So...you're going on the words of someone who breaks the law in a pretty significant way....and (if he/they are the same ones) does a bomb thread to an airline....of which a Sony employee was on?

And THATS the guy you think can be trusted?

Talk about 8 year old mentality.

If a murderer walked up to you and said...."can I borrow you car for a second...I'll bring it right back"....you would give it to him....right?

#129 Edited by cainetao11 (17612 posts) -

@clyde46 said:

@b4x said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

this virgin didnt take psn down, apparently he is just a poser looking for fame. stays true to this username i guess

Are you sure? Is he wrong in his assessment of PSN?

Will you add any personal or CC info anytime soon?

Will you buy online only games that rely on the PSN data center to operate?

Questions...

Do you use online banking? If yes then your details are at risk....

Do people use cell phones? With cameras? Laptops with webcams? Wasn't the camera used against the Kinect? Now honestly this is wrong no matter what company. If you have a problem with a corporations security, attack THEM. Email, and corporate crap. Not the consumers using it in order to prove they don't care about consumers. But if those logical, everyday things didn't apply to the "NSA is watching you through Kinect" then they don't here, imo. If you have an online identity in any sense, you are no longer "private" imo.

#130 Edited by joel_c17 (2855 posts) -

@b4x said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@b4x said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@b4x said:

@Animal-Mother: Now read my reply to him. Burn? How?

You can still have your identity stolen as well as money taken. FDIC insured or not.

Not on PSN... If your smart enough not to enter that information.

I'm talking about playing my game... When I want.

Let's not twist this to fit an agenda?

What agenda? This is the real world....Anytime you enter your name to sign up for anything any information to order anything or what not your identity and information are at risk.

Have a facebook? Susceptible, Google play account, Apple account, XBL, PSN, Nintendo. If any of your information is only youre susceptible to getting your personal information and possibly accounts stolen.

You can go stealth on anyone of those services. With no actual real information.

I'm talking about actually knowing I can use the service anytime I want. Securely with no outside interference. No downtime from outside threats.

What's your point? Stop spinning?

Wow somebody here hates sony

#131 Posted by Shielder7 (5152 posts) -

@b4x said:

Should Sony attempt to actually fix these flaws, that he claims?

So instead of Sony spending money on developing games they should have to spend it on keeping morons like him in check?

The guys a fringing idiot under his rationality we should wait till little kids are crossing the street and purposely run them over so they'll hire a crossing guard 24/7

#132 Edited by B4X (4799 posts) -

@santoron said:

How very sad.

I see someone didn't read the thread.

My issue here is about the ability to play games on a service. If a company is doing everything they can to keep the service functional and up.

The Sony fans turned it into the "meh info was stolen". You DO NOT have to use REAL info on any of these services.

That is not an issue at all for me. They can hack my fake information all day long. Who gives a shit.

I just want to know I can play my games all day long.

#133 Posted by B4X (4799 posts) -

@Shielder7 said:

@b4x said:

So instead of Sony spending money on developing games they should have to spend it on keeping morons like him in check?

The guys a fringing idiot under his rationality we should wait till little kids are crossing the street and purposely run them over so they'll hire a crossing guard 24/7

So a company takes your info in good faith. They shouldn't do everything in their power to protect that info?

They can have my fake info, I just want to be able to play anytime.

Your analogy is a head scratcher though. lmfao

#134 Edited by blackace (20753 posts) -

@Chutebox said:

@blackace said:
@Chutebox said:

@b4x said:

@WitIsWisdom said:

Wait, what?

Ohh.. I misunderstood then. They all do maintenance, but it's usually fairly quick. Because of the DDOS attacks, this maintenance was probably longer then normal. Still not a big deal. It has to done. If it was going to be down 3-4 days, I could understand the complaint.

#135 Posted by B4X (4799 posts) -

@blackace said:

@Chutebox said:

@blackace said:
@Chutebox said:

@b4x said:

@WitIsWisdom said:

Wait, what?

Ohh.. I misunderstood then. They all do maintenance, but it's usually fairly quick. Because of the DDOS attacks, this maintenance was probably longer then normal. Still not a big deal. It has to done. If it was going to be down 3-4 days, I could understand the complaint.

7 hour maintenance is a joke. I hated the Tuesday maintenance in WOW too.

I think it needs addressed. Interruption of service is not a good foundation in 2014. I understand it's unavoidable for some companies though.

#136 Posted by ChronosChris (279 posts) -

These hackers like to think their reason for doing what they do is for some greater cause but the simple truth is they do it because they want attention and they're assholes. Just look at that crappy name "FamedGod", might as well just called himself attention whore. Utter fuckin moron living in his basement 24/7 and now he's got the FBI on his tail. Sure hope it was worth it.

#137 Posted by darkangel115 (1699 posts) -

@Shielder7 said:

@b4x said:

They should do both. and sadly if it comes down to it that they can't afford both, I'd rather have them cancel a game if it means my info is secure and their network doesn't go down. Its an easy fix as well. sony is being cheap. all they need to do is rent more servers from DIFFERENT companies and run live mirroring backups on all of them so they can switch datacenters if one gets attacked

#138 Posted by SoftwareGeek (403 posts) -

Sony needs to stick a dmz server in front and keep the other servers behind a firewall.

#141 Posted by cantloginnow (207 posts) -

Ha ha,the cows dancing around the issue with their fingers in their ears again.

#142 Edited by Mr_Huggles_dog (1210 posts) -

@cantloginnow said:

Ha ha,the cows dancing around the issue with their fingers in their ears again.

All I know is that I acknowledge it happened....and was able to play again after 3 or so hours.

OMG...what a tragedy.

#143 Posted by delta3074 (18311 posts) -

@tormentos said:

@b4x said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

this virgin didnt take psn down, apparently he is just a poser looking for fame. stays true to this username i guess

Are you sure? Is he wrong in his assessment of PSN?

Will you add any personal or CC info anytime soon?

Will you buy online only games that rely on the PSN data center to operate?

Questions...

http://kotaku.com/5504145/xbox-live-directors-account-hacked-are-you-next

Hahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa..

But but but is an error..lol

one account vs 77 million, still damage controlling SONYs weaksauce online security eh tormentos.

Still waiting for that proof that XBL has lost more users information than the 77 million details SONY admitted to losing

#144 Posted by delta3074 (18311 posts) -

@tormentos said:

@b4x said:

I could still play my games online uninterrupted with my fake information.

Yeah but many could not because their accounts had been stolen..

http://www.zdnet.com/blog/security/xbox-live-hacked-accounts-stolen/131

Since 2007 is happening on xbox live,on PSN it happen on 2011 5 years after the PS3 was launch.

Yeah i am sure you didn't suffer RROD either right.? hahaha

Bringing unrelated things into the topic again i see, RROD has NOTHING to do with how good MS online security is.

Stay on topic.

#145 Posted by tormentos (18135 posts) -

@delta3074 said:

one account vs 77 million, still damage controlling SONYs weaksauce online security eh tormentos.

Still waiting for that proof that XBL has lost more users information than the 77 million details SONY admitted to losing

That is if you want to believe that Major Nelson account was the only account stolen on xbox live..hahaha

What 77 million accounts.? The PS3 had 50 million units by September 2011,by April it was probably 46 millions so i wonder where those 77 million accounts come from,oh yeah triplicated accounts..lol

In reality if 20 million account were hack it would be allot,it is proven that PS3 owners have multiple account,i have 4,2 US 1 EU and 1 Japan,the online penetration on PS3 on 2011 was probably like 18 million,and that is been generous,not every one who owned a PS3 took it online,the same with the xbox 360,in fact in 2011 live gold numbers and PSN users basically head to head,most games on live were always more populated than their PS3 counter part and that is a FACT games like COD FIFA always had more gamers on xbox live than PSN,so yeah 77 million account my ass.

You can say all you want sony loss sh** the few cards on the service were useless without their pin,nothing happen Sony put a 1 million dollar policy for each PSN account and not a single soul claimed the policy based on their account been stolen not a single soul..haha

And is that what have you like this with this huge damage control,no matter what more complains about xbox live account been stolen exist than on PSN,even with a so call hack of 77 million units,on PSN you didn't need a credit card,real information or even your real name,reason why i have 1 account for EU and 1 for Japan..lol

Link me to the people who collected sony 1 million policy link me to the 77 million people complaining about their account been stolen,i didn't even change my password i still use the same..lol

http://www.cnet.com/news/sony-psn-hacking-lawsuit-dismissed-by-judge/

But but but but UK...lol

#146 Posted by slimdogmilionar (560 posts) -
@tormentos said:

@delta3074 said:

That is if you want to believe that Major Nelson account was the only account stolen on xbox live..hahaha

What 77 million accounts.? The PS3 had 50 million units by September 2011,by April it was probably 46 millions so i wonder where those 77 million accounts come from,oh yeah triplicated accounts..lol

In reality if 20 million account were hack it would be allot,it is proven that PS3 owners have multiple account,i have 4,2 US 1 EU and 1 Japan,the online penetration on PS3 on 2011 was probably like 18 million,and that is been generous,not every one who owned a PS3 took it online,the same with the xbox 360,in fact in 2011 live gold numbers and PSN users basically head to head,most games on live were always more populated than their PS3 counter part and that is a FACT games like COD FIFA always had more gamers on xbox live than PSN,so yeah 77 million account my ass.

You can say all you want sony loss sh** the few cards on the service were useless without their pin,nothing happen Sony put a 1 million dollar policy for each PSN account and not a single soul claimed the policy based on their account been stolen not a single soul..haha

And is that what have you like this with this huge damage control,no matter what more complains about xbox live account been stolen exist than on PSN,even with a so call hack of 77 million units,on PSN you didn't need a credit card,real information or even your real name,reason why i have 1 account for EU and 1 for Japan..lol

Link me to the people who collected sony 1 million policy link me to the 77 million people complaining about their account been stolen,i didn't even change my password i still use the same..lol

http://www.cnet.com/news/sony-psn-hacking-lawsuit-dismissed-by-judge/

But but but but UK...lol

You are missing the whole point of the PSN hack, they were hacked by Anonymous. Anonymous would not do anything with these people's info because they claim to be for the people, by wiping out millions of people bank accounts and maxing out there credit cards it would make them the bad guy. The point Anonymous was trying to make is that Sony was handling people's information with little to no care. Sony even admitted that people's info was jeopardized, but again this was not an attack to harm the users it was an attack to teach Sony a lesson so PSN users lucked out. If it had been some other hacker group actually trying to get user's info for their own greedy purpose then it would have been a different story.

By trying to own delta you just owned PSN by saying it only had around 46 million users compared to XBL 77?

#147 Posted by tormentos (18135 posts) -
@delta3074 said:

Bringing unrelated things into the topic again i see, RROD has NOTHING to do with how good MS online security is.

Stay on topic.

No it doesn't but since you cry babies are talking sh** and complaining about not been able to play online for not even 24 hours,i remind a few of you how long you had wait in the pass without anything to play online or offline..

So 24 hours without online bother you,yeah 3 weeks without anything to play bother way more.

Oh by the way remember when cow made threads about PSN number been bigger than xbox live.? Remember how you sorry ass fanboys went into denial and claimed it was because every PS3 owner had multiple accounts and that live had a bigger online user base.? Yeah you can't have it both ways you silly lemming,don't make me go on a search because i know it would be epic seeing you People downplay and dismiss sony's numbers as multiple accounts..lol

You lemmings really have short term memory problems.

#148 Edited by tormentos (18135 posts) -

@slimdogmilionar said:

You are missing the whole point of the PSN hack, they were hacked by Anonymous. Anonymous would not do anything with these people's info because they claim to be for the people, by wiping out millions of people bank accounts and maxing out there credit cards it would make them the bad guy. The point Anonymous was trying to make is that Sony was handling people's information with little to no care. Sony even admitted that people's info was jeopardized, but again this was not an attack to harm the users it was an attack to teach Sony a lesson so PSN users lucked out. If it had been some other hacker group actually trying to get user's info for their own greedy purpose then it would have been a different story.

By trying to own delta you just owned PSN by saying it only had around 46 million users compared to XBL 77?

Oh please dude hackers are not for the people dude,hackers are hackers they stolen info use it sell it,is what they do,they are not after sony they were after your info which is what they got,sadly a credit card without a pin is nothing they could do nothing.

Not only that on PSN you don't need a credit card you don't even need your name..lol

Oh please sony isn't the only company who has suffer loss of data,you are worry about your security kill your facebook account,don't allow any app to your phone,don't use wifi networks in or outside your house,nothing is secure online nothing and that is the reason sony won on US and the case was thrown out of court.

http://www.zdnet.com/how-hackers-stole-millions-of-credit-card-records-from-target-7000026299/

Oh don't shop either you don't know what retailer may lose your info,cancel all your mail since you are most likely to get you identity stolen from your mailbox in your house,nothing is secure online or offline and live is not the exception accounts have been stolen and money spent on the name of live consumers since 2007.

How the fu** did i own PSN.?

PSN on 2011 didn't have 77 million user mostly like 18 million which is more of less what live also had back then,xbox live doesn't have 77 million accounts last i hear it was 46 million and from those half were silver half gold.

http://www.amazon.com/best-sellers-video-games/zgbs/videogames

This is why nothing happen see the best selling article PSN cards..lol

You don't need a credit card for PSN you never need it one,most people i am sure don't have a credit car tied to their PS3 or PS4.

#149 Edited by slimdogmilionar (560 posts) -

@tormentos said:

@slimdogmilionar said:

Oh please dude hackers are not for the people dude,hackers are hackers they stolen info use it sell it,is what they do,they are not after sony they were after your info which is what they got,sadly a credit card without a pin is nothing they could do nothing.

Not only that on PSN you don't need a credit card you don't even need your name..lol

Oh please sony isn't the only company who has suffer loss of data,you are worry about your security kill your facebook account,don't allow any app to your phone,don't use wifi networks in or outside your house,nothing is secure online nothing and that is the reason sony won on US and the case was thrown out of court.

http://www.zdnet.com/how-hackers-stole-millions-of-credit-card-records-from-target-7000026299/

Oh don't shop either you don't know what retailer may lose your info,cancel all your mail since you are most likely to get you identity stolen from your mailbox in your house,nothing is secure online or offline and live is not the exception accounts have been stolen and money spent on the name of live consumers since 2007.

How the fu** did i own PSN.?

PSN on 2011 didn't have 77 million user mostly like 18 million which is more of less what live also had back then,xbox live doesn't have 77 million accounts last i hear it was 46 million and from those half were silver half gold.

http://www.amazon.com/best-sellers-video-games/zgbs/videogames

This is why nothing happen see the best selling article PSN cards..lol

You don't need a credit card for PSN you never need it one,most people i am sure don't have a credit car tied to their PS3 or PS4.

Once again your response failed to even make an attempt at disputing what I said. First of all Anonymous does "claim" to be for the people, regardless of how you feel about hackers that is their "claim", doing things to hurt the people they "claim" to protect would make them look like hypocrites. But by your argument they did take the info from PSN to sell peoples info, etc. I'm confused by what you are trying to prove here...

What's your point, you act as if you can't make a fake account for XBL? I didn't put my credit card info on XBL until like 2010.

Sony did have to pay $15 million dollars for that attack so stop lying bro.

"Sony has agreed to a preliminary settlement worth $15 million in a class action lawsuit over a data breach in 2011 which resulted in 77 million user accounts on the PSN network being compromised."

http://www.zdnet.com/sony-settles-psn-hack-lawsuit-for-15-million-7000031961/

I know that my info is always at risk because we live in a digital world, but I would like these companies to at least make an attempt at trying to protect my info. I shop online have my credit and bank card info online but not on PSN because Sony is continuously ridiculed for their online service.

What? So what you are saying is that Anonymous didn't raid peoples bank account because PSN cards are in the Amazon best sellers in 2014?? Seriously you can't be that dumb can you?

You don't need a credit card for any online gaming service, Steam, Origin, XBL, PSN, etc?

#150 Edited by tormentos (18135 posts) -

@slimdogmilionar said:

Once again your response failed to even make an attempt at disputing what I said. First of all Anonymous does "claim" to be for the people, regardless of how you feel about hackers that is their "claim", doing things to hurt the people they "claim" to protect would make them look like hypocrites. But by your argument they did take the info from PSN to sell peoples info, etc. I'm confused by what you are trying to prove here...

What's your point, you act as if you can't make a fake account for XBL? I didn't put my credit card info on XBL until like 2010.

Sony did have to pay $15 million dollars for that attack so stop lying bro.

"Sony has agreed to a preliminary settlement worth $15 million in a class action lawsuit over a data breach in 2011 which resulted in 77 million user accounts on the PSN network being compromised."

http://www.zdnet.com/sony-settles-psn-hack-lawsuit-for-15-million-7000031961/

I know that my info is always at risk because we live in a digital world, but I would like these companies to at least make an attempt at trying to protect my info. I shop online have my credit and bank card info online but not on PSN because Sony is continuously ridiculed for their online service.

What? So what you are saying is that Anonymous didn't raid peoples bank account because PSN cards are in the Amazon best sellers in 2014?? Seriously you can't be that dumb can you?

You don't need a credit card for any online gaming service, Steam, Origin, XBL, PSN, etc?

And you are a god damn moron if you believe a bunch of faceless hackers that they do things for the people,you are even more naive than i even think off,send Anonymous your credit card info since they are for the people i think you will be safe and they will not use it..lol

Yes you can but most live owners where use to using their credit card,in fact on the original xbox it was require to have a credit card,but i never say it was impossible to make a fake account on xbox live so who is making sh** now.?

Dude that settlement was because sony was spending more on legal fees than what those people would get,65 person vs 77 million accounts..hahahahaa total

While we continue to deny the allegations in the class action lawsuits, most of which had been previously dismissed by the trial court, we decided to move forward with a settlement to avoid the costs associated with lengthy litigation."

http://www.polygon.com/2014/7/24/5933569/sony-we-settled-psn-hack-suit-to-avoid-trial-costs-but-continue-to

Hahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa..

So basically if sony keep fighting it would have cost them more than the whole 15 million they settle for,sony lawyers don't charge 100 dollars a week those are multi million dollar firms,so yeah they settle to save money not because they were guilty they were not found guilty dude.

Which sony did PSN was hack on 2011 5 years after the PS3 was launch,before that it was way more secure than xbox live which had accounts hacks since 2007,Live was hack into before PSN so basically your data wasn't safe with MS either.

No you moron because most people didn't have a bank account link to their PS3,65 people on a country where get sue by bumping into some one else is a joke,but but but 77 million account and 65 gold diggers sue for got sake more people than that had been hack on xbox live.

For live at first it was mandatory to have a credit card and many people who bought a 360 carry their card from the original xbox,on PS2 you didn't need a card to play neither on PS3 or PS4.