A look at Kinect Spors Rivals gameplay.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Jakandsigz (4512 posts) -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KDgdNgAaOg

This game actually looks incredible. The gameplay clips are amazing. I mean it's still a casual game but it looks like they did a great job on the textures/coloring/ and lighting. More importantly the water.

And Rare announced working on another game? With this engine i would not mind at all. I wonder if the game is still at the same "p" and "FPS" they announced a month or two ago?

#2 Posted by chikenfriedrice (10142 posts) -

Can't hate on that....looks like fun

#3 Posted by silversix_ (14247 posts) -

Add Kinect that doesn't detect your body movements for shit and we have a clusterfuck of a kinect title #321

#4 Posted by stereointegrity (10706 posts) -

SYSTEM SELLER

#5 Edited by Jakandsigz (4512 posts) -

Add Kinect that doesn't detect your body movements for shit and we have a clusterfuck of a kinect title #321

How many Kinect 2 games are there 2 right now? How do you know this?

#6 Posted by silversix_ (14247 posts) -

@silversix_ said:

Kinect 1, 2 or 3 its the same bs. It can't detect shit. I can't believe that in 2014 some have hope in this garbage...

#7 Edited by Mkavanaugh77 (20759 posts) -

silversix mad jelly of the Kinect.

Kinects games are better than most Ps4 games!

Cows hyped Move witch was like kinect and now that move failed and Kinect is a success cows are madjelly! (LMAO)

Kinect cant detect shit? why are there videos showing that it can?

#8 Edited by Jakandsigz (4512 posts) -

@Jakandsigz said:

@silversix_ said:

Kinect 1, 2 or 3 its the same bs. It can't detect shit. I can't believe that in 2014 some have hope in this garbage...

Except it's not the same thing. you never used it so on what grounds do you have that shows the Kinect 2 can't detect anything when there is nothing to show that? It's like saying the PSP Go and the PS4 are the same thing because they both are called Playstation.

#9 Posted by Mkavanaugh77 (20759 posts) -

Its called being Jelly^^^^

#10 Posted by PinkieWinkie (1364 posts) -

Lol kinect. Pathetic

#11 Posted by TwistedShade (3164 posts) -

Looks really good actually and I was a sucker for the Wii's bowling and tennis games, unfortunately I don't have the space for Kinect in my Bedroom so I'll be passing on this.

#12 Posted by sailor232 (4577 posts) -

Kinect works great with the demo, can't wait to try the other games out. This looks really good.

#14 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (6682 posts) -

while this game is just meh. the body control and latency are very tight. No problems there just a no buy for the content.

#15 Edited by Opus_Rea-333 (976 posts) -

I really hope they make a Conker, or/and banjo with this game engine and sounds.

#16 Edited by CrashNBurn281 (391 posts) -

I remember when Rare made good games.

#17 Edited by Speak_Low (1009 posts) -

One of the Avatars in the game looks like Cammy, ex-PR person for Nintendo.

They are sticking it to Nintendo in this video. Also it looks like it has much more broad appeal than Nintendo's annoying Mii style straight out of 2006

#18 Posted by Murderstyle75 (4165 posts) -

The Stampers are rolling over in their graves and the guys aren't even dead yet. Its no wonder they quit.

#19 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (11439 posts) -

"it looks like they did a great job on the textures/

coloring/ and lighting. More importantly the water."

Seriously !!? What about Controls ?

Graphics were never an issue.

#20 Posted by remiks00 (1798 posts) -

The graphics look good. But I have yet to see a game that's fun with Kinect. I saw some people playing this game at the Xbone tour pre-release, but it didn't look fun(Kind of laggy as well). Hopefully that's changed for the people who are interested in this game's sake.

Can't be any worse than Ryse. O_o;

#21 Edited by FreedomFreeLife (2331 posts) -

Guys wtf? Kinect 2 works very well with Sports Rivals. Try demo game, it fully works. It´s not another non working Kinect game. This Kinect works REALLY WLL. People who says "its laggy, it cant detect movement" proves that people never tried Kinect.

Demo game that is like 6 month old was lag-free. NO LAG AT ALL!!!

#22 Posted by Seabas989 (10167 posts) -

It looks nice to look at but meh.

#23 Edited by timbers_WSU (5753 posts) -

Kinect works greatwith the waverace clone in the demo ( Except for sometimes not getting the stomp motion.) But as long as the other games are as good as the jetski levels, it is gonna be a quality release in another genre. It is good to see M$ cover different genres so early with this, KI, Zoo Tycoon, Crimson Dragon, Max, Powerstar Golf, and Ryse.

And it is a pretty game. Banjo Karting and Conker please.

#24 Edited by freedomfreak (39964 posts) -

Rare makes pretty games. More at eleven.

Game looks fun.

#25 Posted by blackace (20548 posts) -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KDgdNgAaOg

This game actually looks incredible. The gameplay clips are amazing. I mean it's still a casual game but it looks like they did a great job on the textures/coloring/ and lighting. More importantly the water.

And Rare announced working on another game? With this engine i would not mind at all. I wonder if the game is still at the same "p" and "FPS" they announced a month or two ago?

I've played the demo and those water effects are friggin amazing. I was like "holy sh**!!" The control was good, but not great. The game was still fun though and I'll be getting the game once it's released. It probably won't be released until after the E3 I bet.

#26 Posted by DaBrainz (7634 posts) -

The wave racer demo controls are spot on. Still doesn't make it fun though.

#27 Edited by blackace (20548 posts) -

@silversix_ said:

@Jakandsigz said:

@silversix_ said:

LMAO!! You haven't even played the game or used Kinect 2. Pleaase do us all a favor and STFU!! It definitely DOES DETECT you. I've played the game and used it doing the fitness programs. It not only detected me, but my daughter who kept bouncing around in front of the screen. Even with her in front of me and still detected my movements. It's definitely more advanced then the original Kinect.

Lol kinect. Pathetic

and... another pathetic troll who hasn't used Kinect 2 or played Kinect Sports Rivals.

#28 Edited by cainetao11 (17282 posts) -

@remiks00: fair enough. I was playing some more gunstringer, child of Eden in good olé Somers, NY with my nephew last weekend. It is fun. Maybe it is just getting to hang with that wide eyed 7 year old, who plays games like what he is.........a kid. He'll try anything. That's the way I want to stay with gaming, and I thank god for him. Keeps me grounded. There are fun games to be played on the Kinect, thing is, its really fun to play with other people. Looking forward to getting my X1 (damn GI bill processing) and playing this with him.

#29 Edited by Lulu_Lulu (11439 posts) -

I love Kinect, I'm genuinely intetested in the Xbox One, but damn I have a strong hate for Microsoft and their bulls!t policies.

I'l wait, hopefull Nintendo or Sony will copy the Kinect sans the Frustration.

#30 Posted by silversix_ (14247 posts) -

@blackace said:

@silversix_ said:

@Jakandsigz said:

@silversix_ said:

LMAO!! You haven't even played the game or used Kinect 2. Pleaase do us all a favor and STFU!! It definitely DOES DETECT you. I've played the game and used it doing the fitness programs. It not only detected me, but my daughter who kept bouncing around in front of the screen. Even with her in front of me and still detected my movements. It's definitely more advanced then the original Kinect.

@PinkieWinkie said:

Lol kinect. Pathetic

and... another pathetic troll who hasn't used Kinect 2 or played Kinect Sports Rivals.

Yo bro i have played Kinect 5 that will be released in 10 years and guess what? It sucks as much ballz as kinect 1. This thing DO NOT WORK FOR GAMING. Get over it already. Defending this thing is insulting.

#31 Posted by Desmonic (13740 posts) -

It looks good, I'll give them that. Let's see if this becomes the next Wii Sports or not.

#32 Posted by AHUGECAT (8967 posts) -

Microsoft is STILL trying to get some of the Wii Sports audience?

Did I enter 2009 or something?