A list of announced exclusives for all three systems

• 118 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#51 Posted by iloveatlus (252 posts) -

You forgot D4 for Xbone.

#52 Posted by Xaero_Gravity (8694 posts) -

Ugh, that Wii U list just reaffirms my decision to sell the damn thing. It'll suck to miss out on the next Legend of Zelda at launch, but I'll just borrow a Wii U from a friend to play it.

#53 Posted by charizard1605 (55345 posts) -

You forgot D4 for Xbone.

Also on PC, is it not?

#54 Posted by Underdog123x (266 posts) -

All 3 line ups look like shite

#55 Posted by iloveatlus (252 posts) -
#56 Edited by charizard1605 (55345 posts) -
#57 Edited by locopatho (20112 posts) -

@charizard1605 said:

@locopatho said:

@charizard1605 said:
@locopatho said:

Laughable even though in the end Sony had more quality PS3 exclusives than Nintendo had for Wii? Nothing touches Nintendo at their peak but not every Wii game was Mario Galaxy and Sony were still releasing AAA games long after the Wii died.

I agree, the Wii was a dud, even in terms of Nintendo's output.

The Wii U is already outpacing it though, so that does not seem to be a danger here.

If the last Nintendo console was beaten by the last Sony console (using your criteria), why would it be laughable to think the same could happen again?

WiiU outpacing Wii? Say what? Wii Sports, Twilight Princess, Mario Galaxy, Paper Mario, Prime 3, Warioware Smooth Moves, Mario Strikers, Trauma Center (Nintendo published, if you want to count it), with Brawl and Mario Kart incoming is a much, much better 1st party lineup then the rehashes, minigames and ports that make up most of the Wii's list. At least, imo.

At this point in its life, Wii had Twilight Princess, Wii Sports, Wii Play, Metroid Prime 3, and Super Mario Galaxy.

Wii U has New Super Mario Bros. U, Nintendo Land, Wii Fit U, Wii Party U, Pikmin 3, The Wonderful 101, Lego City Undercover, Super Mario 3D World, and Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze.

In general, the Wii U is getting more games, more varied games, and high quality ones; Wii U games seem to be risker (such as W101 and Pikmin 3), than Wii games, which were rather safe, all said and done.

Wii U also seems to have a more core oriented lineup than Wii ever did.

No, at this point in it's life it had ALL the games I listed, and a few more I didn't bother to list but since you are listing garbage like Game and Wario and Wii Party U, Imma list them too:

Wii Sports (76 Meta)

Excite Truck (72)

Zelda TP (95)

Warioware (83)

Super Paper Mario (85)

Metroid Prime 3 (90)

Mario Strikers (79)

Super Mario Galaxy (97)

Battalion Wars 2 (75)

Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn (78)

Endless Ocean (72)

That's all in it's first year and couple months... along with assorted crap like Mario and Sonic Olympics, Mario Party 8, Big Brain Academy, Pokemon Battle Whatver, etc.

With Brawl and Mario Kart along the way.

That's much more varied and higher quality than WiiU's current 1st party lineup... are you feeling quite alright sir? :P

#58 Edited by charizard1605 (55345 posts) -

@charizard1605 said:

@locopatho said:

@charizard1605 said:
@locopatho said:

Laughable even though in the end Sony had more quality PS3 exclusives than Nintendo had for Wii? Nothing touches Nintendo at their peak but not every Wii game was Mario Galaxy and Sony were still releasing AAA games long after the Wii died.

The Wii U is already outpacing it though, so that does not seem to be a danger here.

If the last Nintendo console was beaten by the last Sony console (using your criteria), why would it be laughable to think the same could happen again?

WiiU outpacing Wii? Say what? Wii Sports, Twilight Princess, Mario Galaxy, Paper Mario, Prime 3, Warioware Smooth Moves, Mario Strikers, Trauma Center (Nintendo published, if you want to count it), with Brawl and Mario Kart incoming is a much, much better 1st party lineup then the rehashes, minigames and ports that make up most of the Wii's list. At least, imo.

At this point in its life, Wii had Twilight Princess, Wii Sports, Wii Play, Metroid Prime 3, and Super Mario Galaxy.

Wii U has New Super Mario Bros. U, Nintendo Land, Wii Fit U, Wii Party U, Pikmin 3, The Wonderful 101, Lego City Undercover, Super Mario 3D World, and Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze.

In general, the Wii U is getting more games, more varied games, and high quality ones; Wii U games seem to be risker (such as W101 and Pikmin 3), than Wii games, which were rather safe, all said and done.

No, at this point in it's life it had ALL the games I listed, and a few more I didn't bother to list but since you are listing garbage like Game and Wario and Wii Party U, Imma list them too:

Wii Sports (76 Meta)

Excite Truck (72)

Zelda TP (95)

Warioware (83)

Super Paper Mario (85)

Metroid Prime 3 (90)

Mario Strikers (79)

Super Mario Galaxy (97)

Battalion Wars 2 (75)

Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn (78)

Endless Ocean (72)

With Brawl and Mario Kart along the way. That's much more varied and higher quality than WiiU's current 1st party lineup... are you feeling quite alright sir? :P

I am definitely misremembering, then :P

Well, in that case, you are right- let's give it a few years to see how it plays out!

#59 Posted by SolidGame_basic (16417 posts) -

Most people don't think about it that way. In fact, most people don't have enough time or money to play that many games. PS4 is a very capable console that is being sold at an attractive price. End of story.

#60 Posted by freedomfreak (38685 posts) -

Xbox One has the most compelling list because of D4 and Quantum Break.

#61 Posted by charizard1605 (55345 posts) -

Most people don't think about it that way. In fact, most people don't have enough time or money to play that many games. PS4 is a very capable console that is being sold at an attractive price. End of story.

I agree, and if I could only one console this cycle, it would be PS4.

#62 Posted by locopatho (20112 posts) -

I am definitely misremembering, then :P

Well, in that case, you are right- let's give it a few years to see how it plays out!

Phew. Thought I was going crazy there... "Did all those games come out in 2010 or something?" :P

Wii's first 18 months was absolutely boss.

Between WiiU having a shakier start than Wii, and PS4 having a better start than PS3 (Infamous alone makes it so), that is why I was reckoning PS4 would easily beat WiiU in exclusives (along with the obvious multiplats)

You are correct, we won't know for years :)

#63 Edited by cainetao11 (16472 posts) -

@Ballroompirate: save your feelings. I'm with char in that X1 list is compelling.

#64 Posted by navyguy21 (12722 posts) -

I have both and both are worthless right now.

I have Ryse for XB1 and Infamous SS for PS4.

So yea, wait for E3

#65 Posted by IMAHAPYHIPPO (2558 posts) -

@locopatho said:

@charizard1605 said:
@locopatho said:

With that said, I -- personally -- think the Wii had a more ground-breaking library than the Wii U does at this point. Metroid Prime, Mario Galaxy, and a 100 hour Zelda game is absolute craziness in its first year.

Don't get me wrong though, I've had a blast with my Wii U this year.

#66 Posted by lamprey263 (22664 posts) -

Between the PS4 and X1 the X1 exclusive line-up appeals to me more.

At the moment, the Wii U has more exclusives that interest me, and a few coming that have my eye, but I expect either the PS4 or X1 will surpass that during their lives, plus they'll have a lot more multiplats which the Wii U has little of.

#67 Posted by iambatman7986 (394 posts) -

I own all 3 and while they all have great games on the way, I personally think that The Wii U has the best exclusive list, followed by MS. Sony hasn't really announced too much, but I know it is coming. Still, at the moment, the list is pretty weak considering we have no details on Uncharted and I'm thinking 2015 at the earliest for it's release.

All 3 will have great games, so I'm good.

#68 Posted by Jankarcop (8893 posts) -

Were is the PC list, its always bigger.

#69 Posted by blamix99 (1607 posts) -

Nothing interest me on X1, if it gets successful new games i might get it one day. But right now im happy with my pc and ps4. Getting a wiiu this may with mk8

#70 Posted by Heil68 (43186 posts) -

So a machine that's been out for a year has more games than systems out for 4 months? Wow, Nintendo is the place to go..hahahah

#71 Edited by gamecubepad (6080 posts) -

@charizard1605 said:

Wouldn't that include WW Smooth Moves as well? It was a great game and AAA if I remember. Right on the cusp of Mario Kart Wii as well.*missed that^^

---

The WiiU tablet doesn't have the same pop the Wiimote, or even Balance Board had at release. I feel like they smashed the group-play/family dynamic that made the Wii so fun. Still don't believe the WiiU has the proof of concept game proving the tablet and for that reason I doubt their ability to even be committed to the concept of the WiiU at all.

#73 Edited by GreySeal9 (23978 posts) -

@Ballroompirate said:

I feel bad for X1 owners, while PS4 and Wii-U has a solid lineup

lol. On what planet does the PS4 have a solid lineup?

The Wii U list is also pretty mediocre even if it is easily the best of the three.

#74 Posted by voljin1987 (682 posts) -

If wii u can somehow entice the japanese developers and sort of make it the goto console for niche japanese games, it might find quite a few interested.. 3ds is sort of doing it with games like etrian odyssey, yokai watch, ace attorney etc..

#75 Posted by GreySeal9 (23978 posts) -

If wii u can somehow entice the japanese developers and sort of make it the goto console for niche japanese games, it might find quite a few interested.. 3ds is sort of doing it with games like etrian odyssey, yokai watch, ace attorney etc..

I would totally buy a Wii U (don't have any plans to at the moment) if it became the go to console for niche Japanese games.

#76 Posted by mems_1224 (46182 posts) -

lol next gen consoles lol

#77 Posted by IMAHAPYHIPPO (2558 posts) -

Whelp, considering the topic is clearly addressing home consoles specifically, PC clearly has no part in it.

Also -- "where" and "it's"

Spelling is hard.

#78 Posted by inb4uall (5237 posts) -

My thoughts are I don't give a crap about M$'s console. the 360 showed me with pay walls, timed exclusives, and DLC instead of full games what microsoft is all about. Then to further my dislike of microsoft the entire xbox1 fiasco happened. IF I do buy an x1 it will be after the gen is over when I can see the library and a long list of varied exclusives that warrant a purchase. Because unlike sony and nintendo I can't trust M$ to support their console all gen long.

#79 Posted by Jankarcop (8893 posts) -

@Jankarcop said:

Whelp, considering the topic is clearly addressing home consoles specifically, PC clearly has no part in it.

Spelling is hard.

The OP says "all three systems"

Not all 3 consoles.

Oh and hi my biggest fan.

#80 Edited by tonitorsi (8271 posts) -

Good call.

But I don't see Deep Down and MLB: The Show 2014 on PS4's list though.

#81 Edited by IMAHAPYHIPPO (2558 posts) -

@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:

@Jankarcop said:

Spelling is hard.

The OP says "all three systems"

Not all 3 consoles.

Oh and hi my biggest fan.

In video game terminology, "console" and "system" are synonyms.

#82 Posted by Pffrbt (6451 posts) -

Wii U is the only one with good games.

#83 Posted by Jankarcop (8893 posts) -

PC is a system, in all terminology.

#84 Edited by IMAHAPYHIPPO (2558 posts) -

I'm not arguing semantics. Charizard mentioned the systems/consoles he wanted to talk about.

#85 Posted by IMAHAPYHIPPO (2558 posts) -

I'm not arguing semantics. Charizard mentioned the systems/consoles he wanted to talk about.

#86 Posted by VendettaRed07 (13998 posts) -

This generation is really weird.

Sony HAS to announce something big this e3. They better prove that all those Crash Rumors were true. Sony getting its mascot back would be amazing.

They could just pump out Crash Bandicoot 4, CTR 2 (just call it that I know there have been more) Crash Bash 2.. Bam.. Instant money. If Knack can sell a couple million these days I can only imagine what numbers new Crash games would sell.

#87 Posted by IMAHAPYHIPPO (2558 posts) -

This generation is really weird.

Sony HAS to announce something big this e3. They better prove that all those Crash Rumors were true. Sony getting its mascot back would be amazing.

They could just pump out Crash Bandicoot 4, CTR 2 (just call it that I know there have been more) Crash Bash 2.. Bam.. Instant money. If Knack can sell a couple million these days I can only imagine what numbers new Crash games would sell.

I think with Sony and Microsoft going head to head with same year releases, they're both holding their punches until the timing is right. e3 is going to be epic this year for both companies.

#88 Posted by treedoor (7478 posts) -

You forgot "Below" on the Xboner list

As far as "games I'm interested in" goes:

Xbox One:

• D4
  • Below
  • Quantum Break
  • Halo
  • Killer Instinct (just to try it out at least once)
  • A future Forza game (I'd skip 5)
  • Dead Rising 3 (Because @freedomfreak would want that)

Wii U

• Pikmin 3
  • Wonderful 101 (maybe)
  • DKC:Tropical Freeze
  • Bayonetta 2

PS4's list is unbelievably pathetic, and I don't have faith in their first party which has historically made some rather shallow, and forgettable games. I don't care how large the quantity of those types of games is.

With that said I'll most likely never get my own Xbox One, or Wii U. To get both systems right now with those 10 games, and a few years of online would cost me near $1500. I could just spend that $1500 on not only a beastly PC upgrade, but around 100 games on top of that. I'd rather do that.

Consoles are nasty-expensive nowadays for what you get No

#89 Posted by ConanTheStoner (4518 posts) -

Damn. I knew the WiiU would be ahead. I figured the PS4 and X1 lists would be a little rough. I had no idea the PS4 list would be so abysmal. I'm still betting on it being the top console all around this gen though.

Pretty sure I'm set for the gen. PC/PS4/WiiU/3DS... probably won't get an X1. It'll be the first time I ever skipped out on owning a major console, but nothing about it appeals to me and I really just don't have the time for it.

#90 Edited by SakusEnvoy (4154 posts) -

@charizard1605 said:

@Desmonic said:

Slim pickings for the X1 and PS4 right now (especially considering some titles on both sides are far, far from releasing).

WiiU is the clear winner, but alas...lolWiiU. The exclusive side of things is not (and would not be) the cause of it's problems :P

Meh, as someone who wants to play games, Wii U's problems are absolutely irrelevant for me. Just as the PS Vita's problems are irrelevant for me. Just as the Wii, in spite of its success, was not a good purchase for me.

@NFJSupreme said:

That's what I did. But I'm referring to console only players. As much as it makes sense and as much as I recommend it, I understand that some people just don't want to play games on PC for numerous reasons. I was referring to them. To me I buy consoles for exclusives but other people buy them to play games in general.

Well, I concede that for those players, yes these consoles are guided by multiplats. But then, all else being equal, what would direct your purchase? The exclusives would, of course.

Also, I meant for these lists to be indicative of the commitment each platform holder is showing their system more than anything else, to be honest.

If all else were equal, sure; but while this list shows off that the Wii U has the most exclusives, the Wii U is incomparably lacking when it comes to multiplatform games and the situation will only get worse as the generation goes on. Most developers have already announced their intention to release games on PS4, Xbox One and PC in the future, not Wii U. So the Wii U list, while reflecting the strength of its exclusives, masks a different and glaring weakness in the console's overall library/announced future library.

It does a good job of showing Nintendo is committed to their system. But, then, most people buy a Nintendo home console specifically to play Nintendo games, so I think Nintendo may feel a bit more pressure to produce content for their system than the other companies have to worry about (they can ride on the coattails of third party developers).

#91 Edited by santoron (7623 posts) -

The WiiU's list looks almost impressive, until you remember it's been on the market 4x as long as the other two. Nintendo also famously completely dropped all support for the Wii by the time the WiiU shipped, so they don't run into issues where a game might be available cross gen (like Sony's Baseball offering you mentioned), nor do they have any studios caught up supporting their legacy hardware.

If you know what you want your narrative to be, it's pretty easy to come up with parameters that will frame things the way you want them. That can be pretty fun, too! It just doesn't paint a very complete picture.

#92 Edited by Spartan070 (16324 posts) -

@charizard1605 said:

@NFJSupreme said:

You aren't buying next gen consoles to play exclusives. You are buying them to play multiplats at a modern graphical level with decent performance.

No, you're building a PC for that.

...but the best multiplat of the next couple years isn't on PC, Destiny. For any hardcore Bungie fan(raises hand) that's worth a PS4/X1 purchase for alone.

#93 Edited by SolidTy (42025 posts) -

@treedoor said:

You forgot "Below" on the Xboner list

He cut out indies/DD games.

That means he did not include upcoming titles like Capybara Games (Super Brothers, Critter Crunch, Might and Magic, Super Time Force, etc) timed exclusive Below, The Witness a PS4 timed exclusive by Jonathan Blow (Braid), or Sony's very own high scoring launch title Resogun by Housemarque (Super Stardust, Dead Nation, etc) for instance.

Capybara Games is an indie game studio based out of Toronto, Canada. I own a bunch of their games on steam.

#94 Edited by SolidTy (42025 posts) -
@santoron said:

The WiiU's list looks almost impressive, until you remember it's been on the market 4x as long as the other two. Nintendo also famously completely dropped all support for the Wii by the time the WiiU shipped, so they don't run into issues where a game might be available cross gen (like Sony's Baseball offering you mentioned), nor do they have any studios caught up supporting their legacy hardware.

If you know what you want your narrative to be, it's pretty easy to come up with parameters that will frame things the way you want them. That can be pretty fun, too! It just doesn't paint a very complete picture.

That's a good point.

#95 Posted by scatteh316 (4796 posts) -

Simply listing exclusives is worthless... Its the AA and AAA exclusives that matter.... It's all about the system sellers.

And in that respect PS4 easily holds it own.

Gears, Halo and Fozra are AA/AAA exclusives and are system sellers.

Infamous, Uncharted, Killzone are AA/AAA exclusives and are system sellers.

Wii U? Not really up on that but I doubt it has any heavy hitting titles Like Uncharted and Gears etc....etc...

#96 Posted by charizard1605 (55345 posts) -

@santoron said:

Honestly, the Wii U's 'victory' in this case is incidental for me- my intent was not to make the Wii U look good, it was to call Sony out on a thus far puzzling lack of substantial commitment to the PS4. Please not that throughout the thread, I have noted that I have no doubt that the PS4 will eventually in fact be the best console to own this generation, noting the historical tendency of a PlayStation to be more of a slow burn- I am just puzzled by the sheer magnitude by which PS4 is currently outperformed.

I also do think that my parameters in the OP are reasonable, and not slanted towards favoring one console or the other- these are general parameters that one would expect in a comparison about the console's exclusives, and if I was so concerned with making the Wii U look good, as you seem to imply (and my apologies if that is not what you were implying), then my primary concern, for example, would have been to find a way to include something like Super Smash Bros. as an exclusive- which, for instance, you will find excluded under these rules.

#97 Posted by IMAHAPYHIPPO (2558 posts) -

@santoron said:

Honestly, the Wii U's 'victory' in this case is incidental for me- my intent was not to make the Wii U look good, it was to call Sony out on a thus far puzzling lack of substantial commitment to the PS4. Please not that throughout the thread, I have noted that I have no doubt that the PS4 will eventually in fact be the best console to own this generation, noting the historical tendency of a PlayStation to be more of a slow burn- I am just puzzled by the sheer magnitude by which PS4 is currently outperformed.

I also do think that my parameters in the OP are reasonable, and not slanted towards favoring one console or the other- these are general parameters that one would expect in a comparison about the console's exclusives, and if I was so concerned with making the Wii U look good, as you seem to imply (and my apologies if that is not what you were implying), then my primary concern, for example, would have been to find a way to include something like Super Smash Bros. as an exclusive- which, for instance, you will find excluded under these rules.

I agree Sony hasn't announced a huge library of titles, but with that said -- and I believe I brought it up earlier in the thread -- I think both Sony and Microsoft are withholding titles for e3. This is a rare competition this generation that hasn't really existed before. Despite Wii outselling both PS3 and Xbox 360, Nintendo kind of separated itself from the competition last generation, so it's difficult to stack them up against current competition.

So, in that regard, we haven't really seen this kind of direct competition. Starting with the first 3D consoles, PS1 and n64 launched a year apart, as did PS2 and Gamecube/Xbox, as did Xbox 360 and Wii/PS3. One console has always had a jump on the competition.

With Wii U -- sadly -- not really part of the mainstream of this generation, we have the first true head-to-head battle between consoles releasing within weeks of each other. With Nintendo doing things that -- successful or not -- are essentially separate from the rest of the industry, Sony and Microsoft are in a situation where punches have to be carefully thrown, and because of that, I think we're going to see quite a few titles announced that are going to release in short proximity of its announcement.

To simplify this post for those who only want to read this sentence -- I'll bet money on the fact that all three companies are going to show us a lot more titles at e3 this year that are going to release by the end of the year, compared to previous e3's.

#98 Edited by Desmonic (13180 posts) -

@Desmonic said:

Slim pickings for the X1 and PS4 right now (especially considering some titles on both sides are far, far from releasing).

WiiU is the clear winner, but alas...lolWiiU. The exclusive side of things is not (and would not be) the cause of it's problems :P

Meh, as someone who wants to play games, Wii U's problems are absolutely irrelevant for me. Just as the PS Vita's problems are irrelevant for me. Just as the Wii, in spite of its success, was not a good purchase for me.

Yeah that makes sense if one only plays exclusives.

As for the WiiU..well it does have exclusives (and some great ones might I add)..but that's it. Multiplats are few and overall worse than their X1/PS4 counterparts. And honestly I don't know about most folks, but I tend to play more multiplats in any given year than exclusives (excluding the handhelds). That's part of the WiiU's problem. However this is completely off topic XD I didn't mean to steer the conversation this way lol I was just trying to say that the WiiU would have good/great exclusives regardless of it's other problems.

But yeah, as far as exclusives go and as of this moment in time it does kick the other two in their ass quite considerably. Though we do need to consider that the WiiU is on it 2nd year and the other two aren't even 6 months old!

#99 Posted by R4gn4r0k (16249 posts) -

Yup,buying either a X1 or PS4 is worthless now

Just my thoughts. Especially if you have a good PC because you can play all the multiplats there.

Buying an Xbone or PS4 now for me would mean suffering game droughts. I'll wait until they have a price drop and there are more exclusives.

#100 Posted by R4gn4r0k (16249 posts) -

As much as people hate the Wii U (I do as well), I love it. It sucks in almost every aspect possible, but when it comes to games, they're high quality.

What I find funny about the Wii U is that the best experiences I've had so far was when playing games on the Wii U pro controller. In those games (like NSMB and DKC) the wii U gamepad has no advantage.

It does serve a practice in games like ZombiU and I'm waiting for a game like Zelda to make good use of it. The next game I'm buying, Mario Kart 8, will again be played with the pro controller.