A list of announced exclusives for all three systems

• 118 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

So, I decided to compile a list of announced exclusives for all the three consoles since their initial announcements, just to see how it would turn out, and the results were... interesting.

I just want to make some parameters that I used clear:

• Only titles funded or published by first parties considered
  • Right now, I did not count digital games- if someone were to provide me with an extensive list of digital exclusives announced by first parties for all three consoles, I would be more than happy to edit those in. As it is, my familiarity right now is limited to only Wii U and partially the PS4, and I did not want the list to be affected by these selection biases
  • Only exclusives were considered.This means that if the game is available in any capacity on any other system, it does not count. So- Titanfall? Not considered, as isn't Project Spark. Same goes for MLB The Show and Super Smash Bros- these are games that are also available on other systems, and thus not exclusives by any meaningful definition of the word.
  • Only games that have actually been officially announced were considered. Nebulous titles like 'Zelda U' and 'Fable 4' were not considered.

With that out of the way, here is where we currently stand:

PLAYSTATION 4:

• Knack
  • Killzone: Shadow Fall
  • DriveClub
  • inFamous: Second Son
  • Shadow of the Beast
  • The Order 1866
  • Uncharted

XBOX ONE

• Halo
  • Gears of War
  • Forza Motorsport 5
  • Ryse: Son of Rome
  • Dead Rising 3
  • Kinect Sports Rivals
  • Fable Legends
  • Sunset Overdrive
  • Quantum Break
  • D4

WII U

• New Super Mario Bros. U
  • Nintendo Land
  • Pikmin 3
  • Wii Fit U
  • Game and Wario
  • Wii Party U
  • Lego City Undercover
  • The Wonderful 101
  • Super Mario 3D World
  • Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
  • Hyrule Warriors
  • Mario Kart 8
  • X
  • Bayonetta 2
  • Yoshi Yarn
  • Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem

If I have missed any game, please let me know, and I will add this immediately.

Okay, so some observations:

1. The Sony list is shockingly small- what is going on there? I know the excuse will be 'wait for E3,' and yes, I am sure that Sony will announce loads of great new games at E3, but why would you assume that Microsoft and Nintendo won't? If they do, the lists relative to each other would remain more or less constant.
  2. The Wii U list has had longer to gestate, but even so, it's impressively long and varied
  3. The Microsoft list does not get enough credit- there are a lot of games up there, across a range of genres, and most of them look rather compelling.

What are your thoughts on all of this?

SonicNextGen2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 SonicNextGen2
Member since 2010 • 3592 Posts

As much as people hate the Wii U (I do as well), I love it. It sucks in almost every aspect possible, but when it comes to games, they're high quality.

Vecna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Vecna
Member since 2002 • 3425 Posts

My thoughts are consoles take a long time to build up a library that is worth investing into the hardware, and then the next gen ships shortly after.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

Yup,buying either a X1 or PS4 is worthless now

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@SonicNextGen2 said:

As much as people hate the Wii U (I do as well), I love it. It sucks in almost every aspect possible, but when it comes to games, they're high quality.

The Wii U really doesn't suck. It was just released a little too late to be effective. If Nintendo had done the right thing and shipped it in 2010, it would have been an entirely different situation.

Regardless, a games machine is defined by the quality of its games. I have faith that Wii U will eventually deliver on that front.

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#6 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

wiiu

zombi u

how do you miss that one

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61478 Posts

Unsurprisingly, this is needed.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

So the PS4 actually has the least amount of exclusives.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@mariokart64fan said:

wiiu

zombi u

how do you miss that one

@charizard1605 said:

Only titles funded or published by first parties considered

Reading comprehension, how does it work?

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#10 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
@charizard1605 said:

PLAYSTATION 4:

XBOX ONE

• Forza Motorsport 5
  • Quantum Break

WII U

• New Super Mario Bros. U
  • Nintendo Land
  • Pikmin 3
  • The Wonderful 101
  • Super Mario 3D World
  • Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
  • Mario Kart 8
  • Bayonetta 2
  • Yoshi Yarn

Games I'm interested in.

Guess I won't be getting a PS4 any time soon.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#11 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

I feel bad for X1 owners, while PS4 and Wii-U has a solid lineup

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 IMAHAPYHIPPO
Member since 2004 • 4196 Posts

@charizard1605: charizard, ironically despite your name, you continue to be one of the few unbiased people on this board. I have all three consoles, and I have at least one game I'm super excited about for each one.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:

@charizard1605: charizard, ironically despite your name, you continue to be one of the few unbiased people on this board. I have all three consoles, and I have at least one game I'm super excited about for each one.

Thank you sir; I mean, I have a soft spot for Nintendo, and I'm pretty open about that, but I do like to give Nintendo a hard time when they deserve it, and credit when they deserve it- a courtesy that I think I extend to the other two in mostly equal measures as well.

@casharmy said:

Translation, "I decided to leave out the most games from the PS4 list"

note this guy doesn't even have Deep Down, incomplete list is incomplete.

@charizard1605 said:

• Right now, I did not count digital games

Avatar image for princessgomez92
PrincessGomez92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

User Lists: 5

#15 PrincessGomez92
Member since 2013 • 5747 Posts

Damn, that Wii U list.

NFJSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 NFJSupreme
Member since 2005 • 6605 Posts

You aren't buying next gen consoles to play exclusives. You are buying them to play multiplats at a modern graphical level with decent performance. The exclusives will come in the future. If you have a 360 or PS3 you still very well get your next gen console to upgrade your console hardware. Exclusives are blown way out of proportion on here. They are important and they can move units but everyone plays multiplats and both the xbone and PS4 have plenty of those that are just that much better to play on that platform than the PS360.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@NFJSupreme said:

You aren't buying next gen consoles to play exclusives. You are buying them to play multiplats at a modern graphical level with decent performance.

No, you're building a PC for that.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Ballroompirate

@charizard1605 said:

@NFJSupreme said:

You aren't buying next gen consoles to play exclusives. You are buying them to play multiplats at a modern graphical level with decent performance.

Actually it all depends on the ports Char and personal preference.

gamecubepad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -12

#19 gamecubepad
Member since 2003 • 7214 Posts

WiiU is getting cheap and has a grip of exclusives. Just a few more good games and I might bite. Nintendo needs to emulate what Sony did to recover with the PS3. It doesn't matter if the games don't sell gangbusters like Wii games. Momentum will build and the system will garner the goodwill of gamers once again.

I'm intent on buying all multiplats on PC as they get better with time, unlike stagnation that occurs on consoles. Multiplats are less of an issue in that regards.

PinkieWinkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 PinkieWinkie
Member since 2006 • 1454 Posts

PS4s look small, but the majority of their first party devs haven't announced their games yet. Like SCEJ, Bends, Quantic Dream, SSM, Media Molecule, and GGs new IP. Sony always has great exclusives, so it would be foolish to think they wouldn't deliver.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@Ballroompirate said:

@charizard1605 said:

@NFJSupreme said:

Sure, if someone simply hates the idea of gaming on a PC, then yes, those consoles are a better purchase. But then, all else being equal, how would you decide? Why, the exclusives are how you would decide.

Also, the reason I made this list is to outline what seems to be the level of commitment from each console manufacturer to their own platform so far- Microsoft and Nintendo have put their money where their mouth is. My question is, will Sony follow?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@PinkieWinkie said:

PS4s look small, but the majority of their first party devs haven't announced their games yet. Like SCEJ, Bends, Quantic Dream, SSM, Media Molecule, and GGs new IP. Sony always has great exclusives, so it would be foolish to think they wouldn't deliver.

I'm sure they will, I have no doubt about this.

But this is also true for at least Nintendo- Intelligent Systems, the Zelda team, every EAD studio outside of Tokyo, SPD, and so on- none of them have actually revealed their projects yet.

Why would you assume that Sony will be the only one to announce new games?

applefan1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 applefan1991  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 3397 Posts

Wow, one thing you can't say about Ninty is they don't support their console. If they cold just get a better grasp on the 3rd party support.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts

Sony gave the PS3 an almighty sendoff. They are relying on having the best multiplats (I'd estimate > 90% of a modern console's library) to keep them going til their teams start releasing PS4 games.

You can mock the PS4 list for sure, it ain't great yet, but I'm very confident it will end up with more and better exclusives than the others.

Edit: Why not include third party exclusives? They are rare enough to be an easy enough task to list them?

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 IMAHAPYHIPPO
Member since 2004 • 4196 Posts

@NFJSupreme said:

You aren't buying next gen consoles to play exclusives. You are buying them to play multiplats at a modern graphical level with decent performance. The exclusives will come in the future. If you have a 360 or PS3 you still very well get your next gen console to upgrade your console hardware. Exclusives are blown way out of proportion on here. They are important and they can move units but everyone plays multiplats and both the xbone and PS4 have plenty of those that are just that much better to play on that platform than the PS360.

Maybe you are, but not everyone is. My Wii U/Xbox One/PS4 library is almost entirely made up of exclusives.

In total, I have 20 games for those three consoles, and only six of those are multiplatform games.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@locopatho said:

Sony gave the PS3 an almighty sendoff. They are relying on having the best multiplats (I'd estimate > 90% of a modern console's library) to keep them going til their teams start releasing PS4 games.

You can mock the PS4 list for sure, it ain't great yet, but I'm very confident it will end up with more and better exclusives than the others.

The PS4 will definitely have incredible multiplats by the end, I have no questions or doubts about that. Sony systems are in for the long haul, they're more of a slow burn.

At the same time, I find the idea that PS4 exclusives will be better than Wii U exclusives to be rather laughable; especially considering that Sony will have to scramble to cover for the head start Nintendo already seems to have, plus the fact that as great as Sony's teams are, they are nowhere near as talented as Nintendo is.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@locopatho said:

Edit: Why not include third party exclusives? They are rare enough to be an easy enough task to list them?

I meant for these lists to be indicative of the commitment each platform holder is showing their system.

What are third party retail exclusives for PS4 and Xbox One anyway? I know Wii U has ZombiU.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#28 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

People praising the WiiU seem to forget its a year longer on the market so off course it'll have more exclusives coming out when devs have been working for it for quite some time now. The WiiU 1st year was pretty lackluster aswell.

But I agree the PS4 and the X1 have not justified their purchase yet. The only reason I've a PS4 is because I had a gift card to use. Resogun was pretty fun for a while but it gathering dust atm. Thank god for the PS3 that still has plenty of great game to be played on. I'll probably only unpack my PS4 again when Watch Dogs comes out

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:

Thank you sir; I mean, I have a soft spot for Nintendo, and I'm pretty open about that, but I do like to give Nintendo a hard time when they deserve it, and credit when they deserve it- a courtesy that I think I extend to the other two in mostly equal measures as well.

@casharmy said:

Translation, "I decided to leave out the most games from the PS4 list"

note this guy doesn't even have Deep Down, incomplete list is incomplete.

@charizard1605 said:

• Right now, I did not count digital games

Seems to make it... kinda pointless then.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@MBirdy88 said:

Seems to make it... kinda pointless then.

Do explain

CleanPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#31 CleanPlayer
Member since 2008 • 9822 Posts

Out of all those exclusives, I really think X is gonna be the best one. I can not wait to dust off my Wii U once that hits the shelves

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#32 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

WiiU by far has the best list in exclusives. However, the wait for each title is just way too long.

Microsoft's list is actually very nice. Sony is a bit shocking.

NFJSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 NFJSupreme
Member since 2005 • 6605 Posts
@charizard1605 said:

@NFJSupreme said:

That's what I did. But I'm referring to console only players. As much as it makes sense and as much as I recommend it, I understand that some people just don't want to play games on PC for numerous reasons. I was referring to them. To me I buy consoles for exclusives but other people buy them to play games in general.

bobbetybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#35 bobbetybob
Member since 2005 • 19370 Posts

In what way is Wii Sports Club an exclusive? It's a fucking Wii game with an online mode.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@Desmonic said:

Slim pickings for the X1 and PS4 right now (especially considering some titles on both sides are far, far from releasing).

WiiU is the clear winner, but alas...lolWiiU. The exclusive side of things is not (and would not be) the cause of it's problems :P

Meh, as someone who wants to play games, Wii U's problems are absolutely irrelevant for me. Just as the PS Vita's problems are irrelevant for me. Just as the Wii, in spite of its success, was not a good purchase for me.

@NFJSupreme said:

That's what I did. But I'm referring to console only players. As much as it makes sense and as much as I recommend it, I understand that some people just don't want to play games on PC for numerous reasons. I was referring to them. To me I buy consoles for exclusives but other people buy them to play games in general.

Well, I concede that for those players, yes these consoles are guided by multiplats. But then, all else being equal, what would direct your purchase? The exclusives would, of course.

Also, I meant for these lists to be indicative of the commitment each platform holder is showing their system more than anything else, to be honest.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@bobbetybob said:

In what way is Wii Sports Club an exclusive? It's a fucking Wii game with an online mode.

New game, iirc. But you just reminded me, I can't put it on there, it's a digital only game, and that doesn't fit within my parameters anyway.

Thanks!

bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#38 bbkkristian
Member since 2008 • 14971 Posts

Wii U has the sequel to Xenoblade Chronicles, it wins.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Ballroompirate

@charizard1605 said:

@Ballroompirate said:

@charizard1605 said:

@NFJSupreme said:

Sure, if someone simply hates the idea of gaming on a PC, then yes, those consoles are a better purchase. But then, all else being equal, how would you decide? Why, the exclusives are how you would decide.

Also, the reason I made this list is to outline what seems to be the level of commitment from each console manufacturer to their own platform so far- Microsoft and Nintendo have put their money where their mouth is. My question is, will Sony follow?

Actually it's experience and common knowledge. There's some ports that are way better on PC and there's ports on consoles that are way better, there's no agenda of hating PC gaming at work. Also personal preference can take effect also, while someone loves playing FPS ports on their PC while someone could love playing RPG's on their console, the list is almost endless.

Also if you're gonna make a list of MS, Nintendo and Sony outlining their commitment you need to list all of the exclusives of1st part, 3rd party, indie and none indie, digital, cross play ect ect. The thing that interests me the most is Sony's commitment to put more indie games on the PS4 which was the deal breaker for me at their E3 last year, which is something that you neglected to mention in this topic since it's one of Sony's main commitment.

casharmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By casharmy
Member since 2011 • 9388 Posts

well wiiU does have the biggest list, but it has been out a year longer. It's no different than comparing PS3 and wii to xbox360 when they just launched and 360 had been on the market for a year. Thread serves no purpose except to make wiiu owners feel better about their console being insignificant since the launch of PS4 and xbox one.

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#41 inggrish
Member since 2005 • 10502 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

PLAYSTATION 4:

• Knack - shit
  • Killzone: Shadow Fall - bland crap
  • DriveClub - vapourware
        • inFamous: Second Son - Freaking Sweet
  • Shadow of the Beast - What is that?
        • The Order 1866 - Gears goes to London.... at least the setting is cool
        • Uncharted - could be sweet... when it arrives

XBOX ONE

• Halo - generic crap
  • Gears of War - Crap
  • Forza Motorsport 5 - Microtransaction simulator
  • Ryse: Son of Rome - Quick time simulator
        • Dead Rising 3 - pretty sweet
  • Kinect Sports Rivals - who cares?
  • Fable Legends - never cared for Fable
  • Sunset Overdrive - know almost nothing about it, but doesn't interest so far
        • Quantum Break - Remedy can do no wrong

WII U

• New Super Mario Bros. U - Mario platformer
  • Nintendo Land - no sustained interest
  • Pikmin 3 - no interest in the series
  • Wii Fit U - really?!
  • Wii Sports Club - who cares?
  • Wii Party U - who cares?
  • Lego City Undercover - mediocre lego game... Lego Star Wars is still king
  • The Wonderful 101 - pfft don't care
        • Super Mario 3D World - I... want to care... but I don't know.
  • Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze - Disappointed enough with DK Country Returns...
  • Hyrule Warriors - What is that?
        • Mario Kart 8 - Gonna be off the funking chain for awesomeness
  • X - Who cares
  • Bayonetta 2 - No interest in the franchise, GoW > Bayonetta anyway
        • Yoshi Yarn - Could be fun, I shall remain reserved
  • Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem - Don't care... in the slightest

So out of all those exclusives... I care about or am interested in just 7 titles:

PS4 - 3

XBO - 2

WiiU - 3

Am I just a grumpy gamer, am I meant to care about half of these games?

It's a good job that multiplatform games this year MORE than make up for exclusives:

• Watch Dogs
  • Destiny
  • The Division
  • Assassins's Creed 5
  • Outlast (PS4)
  • Sims 4
  • Batman Arkham Knight
  • Wolfenstein: The New Order
  • Daylight
  • OddWorld New and Tasty
  • Fortnite

etc...

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By locopatho

@charizard1605 said:

@locopatho said:

The PS4 will definitely have incredible multiplats by the end, I have no questions or doubts about that. Sony systems are in for the long haul, they're more of a slow burn.

At the same time, I find the idea that PS4 exclusives will be better than Wii U exclusives to be rather laughable; especially considering that Sony will have to scramble to cover for the head start Nintendo already seems to have, plus the fact that as great as Sony's teams are, they are nowhere near as talented as Nintendo is.

Laughable even though in the end Sony had more quality PS3 exclusives than Nintendo had for Wii? Nothing touches Nintendo at their peak but not every Wii game was Mario Galaxy and Sony were still releasing AAA games long after the Wii died.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By locopatho

@charizard1605 said:

@locopatho said:

I meant for these lists to be indicative of the commitment each platform holder is showing their system.

What are third party retail exclusives for PS4 and Xbox One anyway? I know Wii U has ZombiU.

Fair enough. I dunno, can't think of any :P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@Ballroompirate said:

@charizard1605 said:

@Ballroompirate said:

@charizard1605 said:

@NFJSupreme said:

Actually it's experience and common knowledge. There's some ports that are way better on PC and there's ports on consoles that are way better, there's no agenda of hating PC gaming at work. Also personal preference can take effect also, while someone loves playing FPS ports on their PC while someone could love playing RPG's on their console, the list is almost endless.

Also if you're gonna make a list of MS, Nintendo and Sony outlining their commitment you need to list all of the exclusives of1st part, 3rd party, indie and none indie, digital, cross play ect ect. The thing that interests me the most is Sony's commitment to put more indie games on the PS4 which was the deal breaker for me at their E3 last year, which is something that you neglected to mention in this topic since it's one of Sony's main commitment.

I didn't mean you hated PC gaming! I just meant to outline a reason as to why someone would ignore PC gaming at all. There are other factors at work here.

I am fully willing to list all of the exclusives, digital included, if someone would provide me with a list for PS4 and Xbox One- my knowledge is limited to just the Wii U, and a little bit of PS4, as I note in the OP, and I did not want my bias coloring the thread.

There are two issues with your final point:

• The 'ecosystem commitment' is of the sort that Microsoft exhibited all last gen. Not only did they get a lot of hate for it, but this argument was also dismissed back then. So let's be consistent here
  • The 'indies' commitment is again something the other two are showing as well, just theirs are not as well known. Did you know, for example, about Nintendo's Unity Partners Program? Or their Web Framework? My guess would be that you didn't- but it's there, and the Wii U is getting mountains of indie games every week, just not ones that people would know about because they aren't marketing these games well, and new indie game releases on Wii U don't get a thread to them like each new Vita or PS4 indie game does, for example.
arkephonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By arkephonic
Member since 2006 • 7221 Posts

My approach to this gen so far has been:

Bought a Wii U on day 1 because I knew I'd obviously like the Mario, Zelda, Donkey Kong, Metroid and other franchises. I own every Mario game, every Zelda game, every Metroid game, every Donkey Kong game ever released on Nintendo consoles. I kind of had to own a Wii U to continue this trend.

Sony PS4 was the easiest decision of the 3. I never preorder games or consoles, so this one was a bit harder to find and took me a few months to buy. I got one in February and it's my most played console. I bought it knowing it would get the definitive version of every console multiplat. Sure, I own a PC that destroys these next gen consoles, but I play Call of Duty and Battlefield on consoles. I mainly use my PC for Blizzard games (my favorite developer of all time). All my friends own PS4 and we play Battlefield and CoD on PS4. Lastly, I knew that PS4 would have the best exclusives by the end of the generation. I never buy a console for launch titles, I think that's moronic. I don't sell or trade in anything video game related, so I'll have this PS4 forever. The price will be $400 for a long time, so what's the point in waiting to buy one? If I want a PS4 for exclusives releasing 4 years from now, I might as well buy one now.

The Xbox 1 is the system I'm having a lot of trouble pulling the trigger on. First of all, I'd be leaving the Kinect in the box, I wouldn't even use it. I have to deal with the fact that I'll be buying zero multiplats for it, and multiplats are by far my favorite games. All I'll be buying for it is exclusives and there are none that interest me. This is the thing PS4 has going for it, you can feel good about buying a multiplat for PS4 knowing it's the definitive console version. Buying a multiplat for Xbox One would be a waste of money. After knowing everything I know about this system such as the console specs suffering in favor of the Kinect being forced in every SKU while managing an attractive price point, the things this system stands for don't interest me. Sure, you could say the same thing about the Wii U, a weak system that made concessions for a tablet, but Xbox doesn't have Mario or Zelda. I'm usually a really easy sell in video games, I buy pretty much everything out there. It's not hard to convince me to buy your product. Even if I'm not interested in it, I wanna play around with it. As for Xbox One, I'm waiting on reviews for Halo before I decide on getting one.

I also got a Vita and a 3DS with about 50 games between the two, and they're solid systems. I play my Vita a lot more, though. I have the best games for each.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@casharmy said:

well wiiU does have the biggest list, but it has been out a year longer. It's no different than comparing PS3 and wii to xbox360 when they just launched and 360 had been on the market for a year. Thread serves no purpose except to make wiiu owners feel better about their console being insignificant since the launch of PS4 and xbox one.

Incorrect- even accounting for the year headstart, the Wii U list is bigger. It's as big a the Xbox One and PS4 lists put together, as a matter of fact.

@locopatho said:

Laughable even though in the end Sony had more quality PS3 exclusives than Nintendo had for Wii? Nothing touches Nintendo at their peak but not every Wii game was Mario Galaxy and Sony were still releasing AAA games long after the Wii died.

I agree, the Wii was a dud, even in terms of Nintendo's output.

The Wii U is already outpacing it though, so that does not seem to be a danger here.

@_Matt_ said:

PS4 - 3

XBO - 2

WiiU - 3

Am I just a grumpy gamer, am I meant to care about half of these games?

It's a good job that multiplatform games this year MORE than make up for exclusives:

• Watch Dogs
  • Destiny
  • The Division
  • Assassins's Creed 5
  • Outlast (PS4)
  • Sims 4
  • Batman Arkham Knight
  • Wolfenstein: The New Order
  • Daylight
  • OddWorld New and Tasty
  • Fortnite

etc...

Fair enough, I am making no arguments regarding multiplatform games at all- I am just assessing the state of each system's exclusives as it stands currently, that is all.

casharmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By casharmy
Member since 2011 • 9388 Posts

That said, one day I hope to get a wii U to play x and Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem. The wii U has some solid games but without support of big 3rd party devs it will fade into darkness even deeper than the original wii.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By locopatho

@charizard1605 said:
@locopatho said:

The Wii U is already outpacing it though, so that does not seem to be a danger here.

If the last Nintendo console was beaten by the last Sony console (using your criteria), why would it be laughable to think the same could happen again?

WiiU outpacing Wii? Say what? Wii Sports, Twilight Princess, Mario Galaxy, Paper Mario, Prime 3, Warioware Smooth Moves, Mario Strikers, Trauma Center (Nintendo published, if you want to count it), with Brawl and Mario Kart incoming is a much, much better 1st party lineup then the rehashes, minigames and ports that make up most of the WiiU's list. At least, imo.

arkephonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By arkephonic
Member since 2006 • 7221 Posts

@locopatho:

Plus, the system that's been out for a year longer will always have a bigger exclusives list. If it didn't, that would be laughable. Just to clarify, I mean when going into year two of that specific console gen. I know that PS3 ended up having more exclusives than 360 despite 360 releasing a year sooner, but it took years to achieve that. When a system like Wii U is 1 year and 4 months old and PS4/Xb1 are only 4 months old, it's common knowledge that the disparity in exclusives and announced exclusives will be huge. Quite honestly, I'd expect the Wii U's advantage to be much larger than it is.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@locopatho said:

@charizard1605 said:
@locopatho said:

If the last Nintendo console was beaten by the last Sony console (using your criteria), why would it be laughable to think the same could happen again?

WiiU outpacing Wii? Say what? Wii Sports, Twilight Princess, Mario Galaxy, Paper Mario, Prime 3, Warioware Smooth Moves, Mario Strikers, Trauma Center (Nintendo published, if you want to count it), with Brawl and Mario Kart incoming is a much, much better 1st party lineup then the rehashes, minigames and ports that make up most of the Wii's list. At least, imo.

At this point in its life, Wii had Twilight Princess, Wii Sports, Wii Play, Metroid Prime 3, and Super Mario Galaxy.

Wii U has New Super Mario Bros. U, Nintendo Land, Wii Fit U, Wii Party U, Pikmin 3, The Wonderful 101, Lego City Undercover, Super Mario 3D World, and Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze.

In general, the Wii U is getting more games, more varied games, and high quality ones; Wii U games seem to be risker (such as W101 and Pikmin 3), than Wii games, which were rather safe, all said and done.

Wii U also seems to have a more core oriented lineup than Wii ever did.