finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

what are your thoughts? what kind of a story will FF15 have based on whats been released to us so far?

here's what i think and sorry as it will be a long read lol.. ( always been wanting to make this thread :P )

As many of you know Final Fantasy 15 Versus is the next mainline Final Fantasy game coming exclusively to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One ( most likely coming out next year with confirmation of release date either next month at E3 or at TGS in September ).

the game ever since it was revealed 6 or 7 years ago have been rumored to have some sort of a story that combine a lot of stories and plays created by william shakespeare such as Romeo and Juliet, Hamlet and many others.. while the game may not have a major focus on william shakespeare's work its most likely draws it's inspiration from Shakespeare.

Romeo and Juliet type story?

Noctis ( Master of swords? ) and Stella are both characters in FF15 ( main characters ) and it has appeared to us in more than one trailer that both Noctis and Stella are two characters who are close and do not wish to fight but most likely have to due to their respected families ( Noctis is a prince of one big family ) while ( Stella is a princess of another family )

Noctis on the left.. Stella on the right:

Past love?

The very recent trailer shown by Square Enix have revealed a quick scene of Stella holding someone and screaming that she "Cant stay any longer"... from Romeo and Juliet play the two lovers despite coming from two big rival families constantly met in secret.

from the first trailer Square Enix released showed the two characters meeting in a mansion and discussing how being in a near death situation may make one "see the Light" which both characters were looking at during the trailer so that could mean both went through trouble when they were young?

Romeo refereed to Juliet as a star which what Stella name means "Star" meanwhile Juliet referred to Romeo as "Light who lights the night" which what Noctis name means "Light during the night"

I believe that the game will also have focus or take its inspiration from Hamlet play as well which will require a whole lot of more explanation which i believe will bore you guys :P

WHAT DO YOU THINK the story will be about based on the trailers?

trailer for those who want to see:

wolverine4262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 wolverine4262
Member since 2004 • 20832 Posts

One thing is for sure, it'll be almost completely incomprehensible like most JRPGS.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#3 Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

Dear lord I don't want them to spoon feed me any more shit.

I'm playing parasite eve 2 and tried the third birthday. Holy shit square a complete rehire of it's writers.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52426 Posts

Please, no.

Avatar image for ninjapirate2000
ninjapirate2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ninjapirate2000
Member since 2008 • 3347 Posts

LOL what a joke.

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By finalstar2007

@ninjapirate2000 said:

LOL what a joke.

You can say that again! we want more space marine bros hugging and fighting and shit! wtf is this potential romeo and Juliet stuff? damit SE!

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By freedomfreak
@finalstar2007 said:

You can say that again! we want more space marine bros hugging and fighting and shit! wtf is this potential romeo and Juliet stuff? damit SE!

Mhm. That's the only alternative.

Xaero_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Xaero_Gravity
Member since 2011 • 9856 Posts

The Square Enix of today is absolutely terrible when it comes to writing, so I couldn't care less about XV's story. The gameplay is the big question mark for me.

Avatar image for ninjapirate2000
ninjapirate2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 ninjapirate2000
Member since 2008 • 3347 Posts

@finalstar2007 said:

@ninjapirate2000 said:

LOL what a joke.

I'd rather have that than what square is doing. Trying so hard and end up with something pretentious.

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 finalstar2007

@Xaero_Gravity said:

The Square Enix of today is absolutely terrible when it comes to writing, so I couldn't care less about XIV's story. The gameplay is the big question mark for me.

Loading Video...

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Animal-Mother

@finalstar2007 said:

@ninjapirate2000 said:

LOL what a joke.

No it really doesn't.

They tried it in FF13

They tried it in The third bithday

The do it in Kingdom hearts

Face it Squeenix has really shitty writers

Parasite eve II, Chrono Trigger, Star Ocean, everything pre merger is better ( not say it's god like but it's serviceable enough)

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By finalstar2007

@Animal-Mother said:

I'm playing parasite eve 2 and tried the third birthday. Holy shit square a complete rehire of it's writers.

Well what i've wrote is only my own thoughts/interpretation of what the game may be in terms of story, it dosent mean thats what the game will be about but with everything shown to date a R&J/Hamlet tragedy type of story seem rather likely than unlikely.

we'll have to wait and see but imo this game looking really good i mean it better be after being in development for 6 or 7 years.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Animal-Mother

@finalstar2007 said:

@Animal-Mother said:

Well what i've wrote is only my own thoughts/interpretation of what the game may be in terms of story, it dosent mean thats what the game will be about but with everything shown to date a R&J/Hamlet tragedy type of story seem rather likely than unlikely.

we'll have to wait and see but imo this game looking really good i mean it better be after being in development for 6 or 7 years.

A development time this long is never a good indication. The best status is can really get is " yeah it was alright"

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#14  Edited By Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

not all the game will be about romance though, since there's an scene where Stella's father has Noctis' father surrounded. And then few scenes later you can see Noctis nearly at the point of crying and really pissed saying that he wants his revenge. This implies that his father was killed by Stella's father and you know the cliche pure young lady will not let his father get killed by her love interest. This kind of conflict happens very often in anime but I never get bored of it.

The premise and setting of this game is impressive to say the least and this is only the tip of the iceberg. FF stories are always much more grandiose and interestingly convoluted. Not to mention they are never as spoon fed as most western games. That's another aspect that makes them boring to me while for other people is just "better writing".

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 freedomfreak
@Gue1 said:

interestingly convoluted

That's like saying "I have a pleasant case of aids".

Xaero_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Xaero_Gravity
Member since 2011 • 9856 Posts

@finalstar2007:

Oh I've seen gameplay, I'm just not too impressed with what I've seen. Although I'm hoping it's one of those instances where it feels better to play it yourself rather than watch someone play.

PS4hasNOgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#17  Edited By PS4hasNOgames
Member since 2014 • 2620 Posts

the story will try to be emotional, I just hope the gameplay will finally evolve.

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By finalstar2007
@Gue1 said:

not all the game will be about romance though, since there's an scene where Stella's father has Noctis' father surrounded. And then few scenes later you can see Noctis nearly at the point of crying and really pissed saying that he wants his revenge. This implies that his father was killed by Stella's father and you know the cliche pure young lady will not let his father get killed by her love interest. This kind of conflict happens very often in anime but I never get bored of it.

The premise and setting of this game is impressive to say the least and this is only the tip of the iceberg. FF stories are always much more grandiose and interestingly convoluted. Not to mention they are never as spoon fed as most western games. That's another aspect that makes them boring to me while for other people is just "better writing".

And thats where Hamlet tragedy comes in the play of betrayal, friends betraying friends, a brother murdering his brother and so on and if i have to guess that Stella's father and Noctis's father may have been friends long ago but one of them got betrayed due to power? if what your saying is true that Stella's father killed Noctis's father the the message in one of the trailers that say "The last king" would both make sense and not i mean if Noctis's father was king and died wouldnt that make Noctis the next king? why would they say "Last King"?

**** just thinking about the game gets me excited O_o

Couth_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Couth_
Member since 2008 • 10369 Posts

This game is gonna flop hard

DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts

I have nothing against story with romance or whatever, but I'm also not confident in SE's ability to write such a story.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Animal-Mother

@finalstar2007 said:
@Gue1 said:

And thats where Hamlet tragedy comes in the play of betrayal, friends betraying friends, a brother murdering his brother and so on and if i have to guess that Stella's father and Noctis's father may have been friends long ago but one of them got betrayed due to power? if what your saying is true that Stella's father killed Noctis's father the the message in one of the trailers that say "The last king" would both make sense and not i mean if Noctis's father was king and died wouldnt that make Noctis the next king? why would they say "Last King"?

LOL you two talking shakespearean.

I'm willing to bet you guys have 0 Idea what you're actually talking about.

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 finalstar2007

@Animal-Mother said:

@finalstar2007 said:
@Gue1 said:

LOL you two talking shakespearean.

I'm willing to bet you guys have 0 Idea what you're actually talking about.

lol

i do admit that i dont know a whole lot about Hamlet's play but only some basic things here and there though a lot of things seem to connect to what the trailers have shown to date.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 freedomfreak
Loading Video...

STELLLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By finalstar2007
@freedomfreak said:

STELLA

wolverine4262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By wolverine4262

@finalstar2007 said:

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#26  Edited By ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

Romeo and Juliet?

****, I already know I'm going to hate this.

Hopefully it ends with both of them dying, let's keep it shakespearean after all since we're too lazy to come up with our own plot, atleast that will cement the chance of another 13 from happening.

They really need new writers at square. How about a game where the main character is the equivalent of the anti-christ and the whole world is trying to kill you, that could actually be interesting.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 freedomfreak
@finalstar2007 said:
@freedomfreak said:

STELLA

STELLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 finalstar2007

@wolverine4262 said:

@finalstar2007 said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hamlet

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By finalstar2007

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

Romeo and Juliet?

Hopefully it ends with both of them dying, let's keep it shakespearean after all since we're too lazy to come up with our own plot, atleast that will cement the chance of another 13 from happening.

They really need new writers at square. How about a game where the main character is the equivalent of the anti-christ and the whole world is trying to kill you, that could actually be interesting.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/13/final-fantasy-xv-will-have-multiple-direct-sequels

wolverine4262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 wolverine4262

@finalstar2007:

Im good. I read Hamlet in school. Just had trouble processing those hefty sentences.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#31 ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

@finalstar2007 said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

Romeo and Juliet?

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/13/final-fantasy-xv-will-have-multiple-direct-sequels

If it didn't work out with 13, what makes them think it's going to work here.

Man I really miss old square, like really, really miss them.

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By finalstar2007

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@finalstar2007 said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

Romeo and Juliet?

If it didn't work out with 13, what makes them think it's going to work here.

Man I really miss old square, like really, really miss them.

If the game is good then why not? they can make 5 sequels or heck release two games in a single year i would buy all of them! every single one of them!

they just need to hurry up and release it

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#33  Edited By speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

@finalstar2007 said:

BloodyTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#35 BloodyTides
Member since 2014 • 239 Posts

The story for FF have been pretty cheesy lately I don't expect much other than some typical jrpg BS you normally see.

lordlors

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 lordlors
Member since 2004 • 6128 Posts

Square Enix needs to learn from Telltale Games. Seriously.

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 finalstar2007

@lordlors said:

Yep the the game should be QTE from start to end agreed.

lordlors

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 lordlors

@finalstar2007 said:

@lordlors said:

LOL. I'm talking about storytelling. If QTE is all you see from Telltale's games I pity your incomprehension.

MrYaotubo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#39  Edited By MrYaotubo
Member since 2012 • 2884 Posts

No wonder this sub-genre is largely irrelevant in today´s gaming scene,with embarassing shit like that...

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 finalstar2007

@lordlors said:

@finalstar2007 said:

@lordlors said:

LOL. I'm talking about storytelling. If QTE is all you see from Telltale's games I pity your incomprehension.

Tellale's story telling is overrated.. i've played the walking dead and it was alright nothing special like what the media made it out to be and i will get season 2 once its fully released.

Avatar image for princeofshapeir
princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#41 princeofshapeir
Member since 2006 • 16652 Posts

@finalstar2007 said:

@wolverine4262 said:

@finalstar2007 said:

You admitted you haven't read Hamlet, so just stop trying to act like you know what Hamlet's about. Wikipedia's plot summary doesn't suffice.

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 finalstar2007

@princeofshapeir said:

@finalstar2007 said:

@wolverine4262 said:

@finalstar2007 said:

You admitted you haven't read Hamlet, so just stop trying to act like you know what Hamlet's about. Wikipedia's plot summary doesn't suffice.

Thats exactly what im not trying to do, not trying to act like i know about what Hamlet is about or anything, thats exactly why i linked to wiki hopefully for more accuracy if he was interested as im sure what i said wasnt correct in regards to what Hamlets play is about.

i just know basic stuff nothing more, nothing less thats exactly why i didnt talk about Hemlet's play in my op.

lordlors

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 lordlors

@finalstar2007 said:

@lordlors said:

@finalstar2007 said:

@lordlors said:

Tellale's story telling is overrated.. i've played the walking dead and it was alright nothing special like what the media made it out to be and i will get season 2 once its fully released.

I guess it's nothing special for you since Japanese games usually don't have that Lee-Clementine type of relationship nor extreme disagreements within a group. Hamlet? Shakespeare? It just proved the articles that explain why Japanese games aren't influential anymore. They lean towards theatrical performances with weird results.

mattykovax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#44 mattykovax
Member since 2004 • 22693 Posts

SE singlehandedly made me hate JRPG's. I finally regained some affection for the genre with Ni No Kuni, I will avoid this so I don't hate them again.

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 finalstar2007

@lordlors said:

@finalstar2007 said:

@lordlors said:

@finalstar2007 said:

@lordlors said:

I guess it's nothing special for you since Japanese games usually don't have that Lee-Clementine type of relationship nor extreme disagreements within a group. Hamlet? Shakespeare? It just proved the articles that explain why Japanese games aren't influential anymore. They lean towards theatrical performances with weird results.

Final Fantasy games do have that type of deep relationships like in Final Fantasy X for example ( Yuna and Tidus? ) or heck even Final Fantasy XIII-2 ( between Noel and Serah ) each FF game its own share of deep relationship between the characters going on.. while they arent more of a father and daughter ( at least the ones im familiar with ) relationship like Lee-Clementine or Elie and Joel each FF game again has its own share of deep/emotional relationships.

and i really dont see why a Romeo and Juliet type story wouldnt be as deep as Lee-Clemntine type of relationship? the love in both relationships is as strong i think.

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#46 Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

how can you people not be interested in a game like this when everything about it sounds and looks so good? The team that is making FFXV has never made a single bad game to this date.

Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#47  Edited By Basinboy
Member since 2003 • 14495 Posts

Why is this thread in SW?

Kaze_no_Mirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Kaze_no_Mirai
Member since 2004 • 11763 Posts

I'd rather wait. To me XV has a chance to get FF back on the right track and I don't want to give myself false hope. I will say though, I hope it's none of that Shakespearean stuff, Romeo and Juliet and Hamlet were ok in high school and I can see why it is still important in modern times but I really don't want that in XV, no cliched stuff please, although I'm sure that's asking for too much.

blamix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By blamix
Member since 2006 • 2030 Posts

We haven't see noctis summon yet,

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts

Wow all the characters look really really asian.....

edit: on second thought they look really really emo asian and yakuza.