A bunch of facts about the Wii

• 59 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

siafni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 siafni
Member since 2005 • 629 Posts

I am getting tired of reading nonsense and baseless statements and arguments about the Wii.

If you check the wii top 10 on the main gaming sites, you will find out that 6 out of 10 of the top ten titles are virtual downloadable games from previous consoles, one is multi plat, one is a game cube game (ZTP) and what you are left with are Super Monkey Ball and WarioWare Smooth Moves.

Now I konw that being content is key to one's happiness, but I think that is being taken too far here.

As for the installed user base, before dreaming about breath taking exclusives, try to think about what kind of user base they have installed: they are selling units thanks to low price and the fact that even your grandma can actually play with it: what kind of titles are you expecting?

If you are posting here I assume you are a gamer, and guess what? Uncle Raggie and Co were not thinking about you when they developed the Wii... Myamoto was actually thinking about his wife...

And please... if you take the time to post a reply, don't come out with baseless statements and brain free Nintendo support... let's try to improve...

coreygames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 coreygames
Member since 2005 • 5027 Posts
How about you spell people's name correctly if you want intelligent posting to come forth?
Virus214

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Virus214
Member since 2007 • 2052 Posts

Logic : PRACTICALLY LAUNCH TITLES.

Just watch, by the end of '07 there will be awesome games. and trust me thats better logic then " PS3 will catch up in 3 years !! i promise !!"  

Lasden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Lasden
Member since 2004 • 565 Posts
Nintendo have stated many many times they tried to make a system that will appeal to everybody. Gamers is included in everybody. With that point most of your argument has been proven to be flawed.
Zhengi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Zhengi
Member since 2006 • 8479 Posts
I must have missed when Nintendo reclassified games such as Zelda, Metroid, SMG, SSBB, Day of Crisis, Project Hammer, and other such games as games for non-gamers. Wow, how could I have not realized this until the brilliant post by siafni. Thanks for enlightening everyone.
siafni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 siafni

Logic : PRACTICALLY LAUNCH TITLES.

Just watch, by the end of '07 there will be awesome games. and trust me thats better logic then " PS3 will catch up in 3 years !! i promise !!"

Virus214

Such as.....................................? 

siafni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 siafni

How about you spell people's name correctly if you want intelligent posting to come forth?coreygames

Wow, how much right you are there! I guess that smashes the argument... that's not really what I meant with "let's try to improve"... if you even bothered to read the whole thing before replying....

siafni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 siafni

Nintendo have stated many many times they tried to make a system that will appeal to everybody. Gamers is included in everybody. With that point most of your argument has been proven to be flawed.Lasden

I faiul to see how.... but I doubt it will be appelling to gamers... please people, throw in some facts... you are just proving me so right... 

Boba_Fett_3710

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 Boba_Fett_3710
Member since 2005 • 8783 Posts
Uncle Raggie? Oh, you must mean Reggie. For a second there, I thought the TC was turning into Scooby Doo.
siafni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 siafni

I must have missed when Nintendo reclassified games such as Zelda, Metroid, SMG, SSBB, Day of Crisis, Project Hammer, and other such games as games for non-gamers. Wow, how could I have not realized this until the brilliant post by siafni. Thanks for enlightening everyone.Zhengi

The usual bunch of Mario games, a couple of Zelda (one form previous system)... I think I have already seen that.... it wasn't a very successful console though...

Enjoy... 

Narwaffle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#11 Narwaffle
Member since 2005 • 2043 Posts
Yes, we can assume things about the Wii judging purely on the results supplied by a game site which contains only a minority of the userbase of the Wii. Good job.
Avatar image for Runningflame570
Runningflame570

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Runningflame570
Member since 2005 • 10388 Posts
Nintendo have stated many many times they tried to make a system that will appeal to everybody. Gamers is included in everybody. With that point most of your argument has been proven to be flawed.Lasden
The problem is when you try to appeal to everyone you often appeal to no one or not to everyone. Looking at the Wii line-up I've found nothing that appeals to me as a gamer, otherwise I probably would have bought one by now.
siafni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 siafni

Uncle Raggie? Oh, you must mean Reggie. For a second there, I thought the TC was turning into Scooby Doo.Boba_Fett_3710

Well... if that is the only thing bothering you about what I wrote, I guess you must agree with the rest 

siafni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 siafni

Yes, we can assume things about the Wii judging purely on the results supplied by a game site which contains only a minority of the userbase of the Wii. Good job.Narwaffle

Actually it is form more than one site.... I know I should get it form a Nintendo fan site to make you happy, but maybe we would be losing something, don't you think? 

Narwaffle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#15 Narwaffle
Member since 2005 • 2043 Posts

[QUOTE="Narwaffle"]Yes, we can assume things about the Wii judging purely on the results supplied by a game site which contains only a minority of the userbase of the Wii. Good job.siafni

Actually it is form more than one site.... I know I should get it form a Nintendo fan site to make you happy, but maybe we would be losing something, don't you think?

Which site(s) would that be?
dilmos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 dilmos
Member since 2006 • 763 Posts

First, I see no facts about the Wii in your statement, far from "a bunch of" like in your title.

You now join the ranks of all other PS3 fanboys who will not accept the fact that Wii is kicking the monkey farts out of your $600 graphically superioir, blu ray player.

I (A Huge Nintendo Fan by the way) can not understand why you PS3 guys are now resorting to the tactic of "Wii is not a console" instead of accepting what has happened.  For years, I have said let the graphics suffer at the expense of gameplay.  I would rather have more fun playing a game than looking at it.

Now that Sony has been dethrowned, and "wait" is no longer a good argument, you now claim that the Wii isn't even a console.

Unbelievable.  Please reach into the bucket and draw out another card of reasons the Wii is outselling you 4-1.  And if you want to wait and see something, I would be willing to bet my 360 against your PS3 that it will reach not only 5-1 but possibly 6-1.  No, wait a minute, I take that back, I'll let you keep it, and keep on waiting for that bumrush of BluRay discs to take over the DVD market and then you can tell me "See!"

GAMEPLAY>graphics...... Period!

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#17 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts
correct me if im wrong but isnt the wii getting supersmash bros.brawl, metroid prime 3, supermario galaxy, disaster, project hammer, resident evil umbrella chronicles, battalion wars 2, super papermario, no more heroes, fire emblem, sadness over the course of this year. some maybe later next year. yeah the wii has nothing coming for it thats appealing. also zelda tp is selling better on the wii, its better on the wii as well IMO. and since u use more than one site zelda TP on gamerankings(an average of all scores is a 94) thats better than the entire PS3 lineup at this point. i think u are being a blind fanboy or just a plain hater.
SH_guY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#18 SH_guY
Member since 2004 • 1108 Posts
[QUOTE="Lasden"]Nintendo have stated many many times they tried to make a system that will appeal to everybody. Gamers is included in everybody. With that point most of your argument has been proven to be flawed.Runningflame570
The problem is when you try to appeal to everyone you often appeal to no one or not to everyone. Looking at the Wii line-up I've found nothing that appeals to me as a gamer, otherwise I probably would have bought one by now.

thats EXACTLY what i was thinking and i feel the same way, nintendo just isnt going in the direction i want... i mean appealing to everyone never works especially when you want to appeal to grandmothers, mums and the family... why the hell would i wanna game with my family?! i wanna game with my friends or by myself!
Teh_Stevz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Teh_Stevz
Member since 2005 • 5678 Posts
So, you're saying people like Miyamoto's wife isn't a gamer and that the Wii doesn't appeal to you even with games like; SMG, MP:3, SSBB, No More Heroes, Animal Crossing, Pokemon Revolution, Fire Emblem, and FF:CC?
MaTT2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 MaTT2011
Member since 2005 • 3949 Posts
Lol, the topic title says "FACTS" yet , in the actual thread, there are none to be found! Amazing!
ratzeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 ratzeh
Member since 2004 • 663 Posts
[QUOTE="Runningflame570"][QUOTE="Lasden"]Nintendo have stated many many times they tried to make a system that will appeal to everybody. Gamers is included in everybody. With that point most of your argument has been proven to be flawed.SH_guY

thats EXACTLY what i was thinking and i feel the same way, nintendo just isnt going in the direction i want... i mean appealing to everyone never works especially when you want to appeal to grandmothers, mums and the family... why the hell would i wanna game with my family?! i wanna game with my friends or by myself!

Ditto. Wii's appeal to the whole audience is taking a backdrop hit on the people who are true gamers, i dont wanna play games with my mom, i wanna play some hardcore games like final fantasy or somthing, thats what i apreciate, games that are incredible in quality but dont appeal to everybody, i just dont hope for the love of god that the wii's popularity will make developers cash in on it and make short, party sort games that appeal to everybody for the quick buck, instead of making great games that perhaps appeal to the hardcore generation and can only be apreciated by us, i mean at the end of the day its a money buisness aswell and lets face it, the wii is selling awesome and is gaining popularity fast, but its appealing to everybody, somthing that is a pickpocket point for devs to cash in onto. I dont game for that...
Davis092

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Davis092
Member since 2006 • 1449 Posts
[QUOTE="Boba_Fett_3710"]Uncle Raggie? Oh, you must mean Reggie. For a second there, I thought the TC was turning into Scooby Doo.

:lol:
coreygames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 coreygames
Member since 2005 • 5027 Posts

[QUOTE="coreygames"]How about you spell people's name correctly if you want intelligent posting to come forth?siafni

Wow, how much right you are there! I guess that smashes the argument... that's not really what I meant with "let's try to improve"... if you even bothered to read the whole thing before replying....

Trust me, I did. And what kind of response is that? How about we improve our comebacks because I think I would have ahd to of read your post to pick up on your mistakes in it. There is a little edit button you can use to fix things.
jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#24 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts
[QUOTE="SH_guY"][QUOTE="Runningflame570"][QUOTE="Lasden"]Nintendo have stated many many times they tried to make a system that will appeal to everybody. Gamers is included in everybody. With that point most of your argument has been proven to be flawed.ratzeh

Ditto. Wii's appeal to the whole audience is taking a backdrop hit on the people who are true gamers, i dont wanna play games with my mom, i wanna play some hardcore games like final fantasy or somthing, thats what i apreciate, games that are incredible in quality but dont appeal to everybody, i just dont hope for the love of god that the wii's popularity will make developers cash in on it and make short, party sort games that appeal to everybody for the quick buck, instead of making great games that perhaps appeal to the hardcore generation and can only be apreciated by us, i mean at the end of the day its a money buisness aswell and lets face it, the wii is selling awesome and is gaining popularity fast, but its appealing to everybody, somthing that is a pickpocket point for devs to cash in onto. I dont game for that...

ok im glad u guys arent being a bunch of fanboys with your opinions and stuff, but do yah have to keep saying true gamer. cause ill be damned if someone here tells me im not a true gamer. i enjoy all kinds of games (minus turn based rpgs i just cant stand them). if its not for your taste say that but im sorry games like zelda, mario, smashbros, metroid etc arent exactly casual stuff there for the hardcore.
ratzeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 ratzeh
[QUOTE="siafni"]

[QUOTE="coreygames"]How about you spell people's name correctly if you want intelligent posting to come forth?coreygames

Trust me, I did. And what kind of response is that? How about we improve our comebacks because I think I would have ahd to of read your post to pick up on your mistakes in it. There is a little edit button you can use to fix things.

Mate, your nitpicking, just own up to it, you have nothing else to do at this present time and even though 99.9% of us understanded him fine you choose to nitpick his post like your mr know it all with the highest IQ on earth, this is a forum where opinions are given, you have given yours, but in MY opinion your trying to cause amok, its a old tactic always used, on any forum.
If a few spelling mistakes that aren't even major bother you, then you sir have serious problems, hell, you didnt even care to add anything to this topic regarding the subject. Pretty shameful.
Oh by the way you spelt had "ahd". like im realy botherd ;)
ratzeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 ratzeh
[QUOTE="ratzeh"][QUOTE="SH_guY"][QUOTE="Runningflame570"][QUOTE="Lasden"]Nintendo have stated many many times they tried to make a system that will appeal to everybody. Gamers is included in everybody. With that point most of your argument has been proven to be flawed.jg4xchamp

ok im glad u guys arent being a bunch of fanboys with your opinions and stuff, but do yah have to keep saying true gamer. cause ill be damned if someone here tells me im not a true gamer. i enjoy all kinds of games (minus turn based rpgs i just cant stand them). if its not for your taste say that but im sorry games like zelda, mario, smashbros, metroid etc arent exactly casual stuff there for the hardcore.

It's not that mate, its that if wii gains mass popularity then developers are going to gain more money appealing to a mass audience than a small audience who apreciate games such as say, metroid or zelda, not mario party or somthing that appeals to everybody. Hopefully it wont come to that, though, i mean damn i love mario and zelda, all the rest, played em all and loved em, i hear you.
Runningflame570

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Runningflame570
So, you're saying people like Miyamoto's wife isn't a gamer and that the Wii doesn't appeal to you even with games like; SMG, MP:3, SSBB, No More Heroes, Animal Crossing, Pokemon Revolution, Fire Emblem, and FF:CC?Teh_Stevz
Judged upon the kinds of games she supposedly responded to...no, shes not a real gamer. Mario is dead to me, MP3 and No More Heroes aren't my kind of games, Animal Crossing is NOT the kind of thing I would pay money for, Pokemon is the most over-used franchise...well, probably ever and I'm sick of it. For the last two I now only play Tactics Ogre, Growlanser, FFT, and Nippon Ichi games for my SRPGs...Fire Emblem doesn't offer enough for me to abandon all those. FF:CC does not interest me at all, FFX essentially killed the franchise for me and CC isn't much better judging by the last game.
Runningflame570

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Runningflame570
[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"] ok im glad u guys arent being a bunch of fanboys with your opinions and stuff, but do yah have to keep saying true gamer. cause ill be damned if someone here tells me im not a true gamer. i enjoy all kinds of games (minus turn based rpgs i just cant stand them). if its not for your taste say that but im sorry games like zelda, mario, smashbros, metroid etc arent exactly casual stuff there for the hardcore.

The rest we can easily argue over although I don't consider Mario hardcore and Zelda is debatable IMO, but Smash Bros. is the casual fighting game (yes, more so than DoA). The game is also kind of boring if you aren't doing multiplayer with 3 or more people. My view is simply that the direction the DS has gone and the Wii is going (crappy/shallow games that appeal to those who don't know better...) is not a good one for the self-proclaimed "hardcore" gamers. We've already seen a couple of amazing genres essentially die because they weren't profitable enough for developers..the DS endangers more.
ratzeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 ratzeh
[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"] ok im glad u guys arent being a bunch of fanboys with your opinions and stuff, but do yah have to keep saying true gamer. cause ill be damned if someone here tells me im not a true gamer. i enjoy all kinds of games (minus turn based rpgs i just cant stand them). if its not for your taste say that but im sorry games like zelda, mario, smashbros, metroid etc arent exactly casual stuff there for the hardcore. Runningflame570
The rest we can easily argue over although I don't consider Mario hardcore and Zelda is debatable IMO, but Smash Bros. is the casual fighting game (yes, more so than DoA). The game is also kind of boring if you aren't doing multiplayer with 3 or more people. My view is simply that the direction the DS has gone and the Wii is going (crappy/shallow games that appeal to those who don't know better...) is not a good one for the self-proclaimed "hardcore" gamers. We've already seen a couple of amazing genres essentially die because they weren't profitable enough for developers..the DS endangers more.

Indeed, even without the wii though, games still dont get apreciated and are looked over by casuals, but the damage will only get worse, look at okami.. amazing game and sold poorly, it's things like this that gets on my nerves, that how a such a greatly made game (ok it had faults but it was awesome) can be overlooked by people who prefer, 50 cent bulletproof, or somthing.

It also caused the death of clover studios by not selling well, a amazing company who made more unique, brilliant styled games such as virtual joe, a sad time in gaming, R.I.P clover studios.
Boba_Fett_3710

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Boba_Fett_3710

[QUOTE="Boba_Fett_3710"]Uncle Raggie? Oh, you must mean Reggie. For a second there, I thought the TC was turning into Scooby Doo.siafni

Well... if that is the only thing bothering you about what I wrote, I guess you must agree with the rest

Not really, it's hard to take any of what you posted seriously.
LongshotX2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 LongshotX2
Member since 2006 • 842 Posts
PH34R TEH AWESOMNESSS POWAH OF TEH RAGGIE !!!
Corvin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Corvin
Member since 2002 • 7266 Posts
So, you're saying people like Miyamoto's wife isn't a gamer and that the Wii doesn't appeal to you even with games like; SMG, MP:3, SSBB, No More Heroes, Animal Crossing, Pokemon Revolution, Fire Emblem, and FF:CC?Teh_Stevz
I consider any one who plays games to be a gamer, if Miyamoto's wife plays games she is a gamer. But, yeah... not a single game in that list get me really excited about owning a Wii. Which is why I have waffled yet again on my desire to own one... looking at their future lineup I don't see much that piques my interest. Its obvious that (just like the DS) the Wii just not my cup of tea, game wise. Yet the new controls still intrigue me... but all I can ever imagine is the idea of playing my 360 games with that wiimote, not actual Wii games... I think it could actually enhance some of them, but its just not going to happen.
siafni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 siafni

First, I see no facts about the Wii in your statement, far from "a bunch of" like in your title.

You now join the ranks of all other PS3 fanboys who will not accept the fact that Wii is kicking the monkey farts out of your $600 graphically superioir, blu ray player.

I (A Huge Nintendo Fan by the way) can not understand why you PS3 guys are now resorting to the tactic of "Wii is not a console" instead of accepting what has happened. For years, I have said let the graphics suffer at the expense of gameplay. I would rather have more fun playing a game than looking at it.

Now that Sony has been dethrowned, and "wait" is no longer a good argument, you now claim that the Wii isn't even a console.

Unbelievable. Please reach into the bucket and draw out another card of reasons the Wii is outselling you 4-1. And if you want to wait and see something, I would be willing to bet my 360 against your PS3 that it will reach not only 5-1 but possibly 6-1. No, wait a minute, I take that back, I'll let you keep it, and keep on waiting for that bumrush of BluRay discs to take over the DVD market and then you can tell me "See!"

GAMEPLAY>graphics...... Period!

dilmos

First: your assumption is plain wrong dude. I do not won a PS3 nor I intend to get one. Actually I play online on my pc and guess what? The only console I own at present is a DS. I have owned all consoles last gen (GC included), and I have owned a Super Nes when Nintendo knew what they were doing (handheld not involved here: that's where they have always known what they were doing).

Second: the fact that the graphics on the Wii sucks does not imply that a game that has good graphics must necessarily be bad in gameplay. Now I now Nintendo Presidend has been seying that, but people endlessly repeating should start thinking for themselves.

Last but not least, I think a top ten is a fact (good graphics = bad gameplay isn't). I also think that the low price policy and the  "accessible for all" policy are facts.

Again, no brain less Nintendo support, please.

siafni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 siafni
[QUOTE="siafni"]

[QUOTE="Narwaffle"]Yes, we can assume things about the Wii judging purely on the results supplied by a game site which contains only a minority of the userbase of the Wii. Good job.Narwaffle

It's GS and ING. I must apologize to you though, I forgot to mention those 2 gigantic killer applications named Elebits and Wii Sports. They also seem to boast Wii play, but man they are alone there. 

Davis092

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Davis092
PH34R TEH AWESOMNESSS POWAH OF TEH RAGGIE !!!LongshotX2
 :o It's so powerful!
siafni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 siafni
[QUOTE="Narwaffle"][QUOTE="siafni"]

[QUOTE="Narwaffle"]Yes, we can assume things about the Wii judging purely on the results supplied by a game site which contains only a minority of the userbase of the Wii. Good job.siafni

It's GS and ING. I must apologize to you though, I forgot to mention those 2 gigantic killer applications named Elebits and Wii Sports. They also seem to boast Wii play, but man they are alone there.

As you probably guessed, I meant IGN 

Boba_Fett_3710

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Boba_Fett_3710
[QUOTE="LongshotX2"]PH34R TEH AWESOMNESSS POWAH OF TEH RAGGIE !!!Davis092

:lol: I lol'ed so hard I spilled my coke!
Davis092

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Davis092
[QUOTE="Narwaffle"][QUOTE="siafni"]

I don't trust this ING you speak...
siafni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 siafni

[QUOTE="siafni"]

[QUOTE="coreygames"]How about you spell people's name correctly if you want intelligent posting to come forth?coreygames

Again... you seem more concerned with spelling that having something real to say against what I posted 

siafni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 siafni
[QUOTE="siafni"][QUOTE="Narwaffle"][QUOTE="siafni"]

As you probably guessed, I meant IGN

Ok.... I take it that you didn't 

LongshotX2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 LongshotX2

[QUOTE="LongshotX2"]PH34R TEH AWESOMNESSS POWAH OF TEH RAGGIE !!!Davis092

siafni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 siafni

Most of those games were on the GC as well... some of them were real good (Zelda, Metroid, Fire Emblem, RE4) bur very few for the 5 years a console is supposed to last.... that's happening again.... the Wii is not going to dominate following on the footsteps of a console which was unssuccessful...

Davis092

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Davis092

[QUOTE="Teh_Stevz"]So, you're saying people like Miyamoto's wife isn't a gamer and that the Wii doesn't appeal to you even with games like; SMG, MP:3, SSBB, No More Heroes, Animal Crossing, Pokemon Revolution, Fire Emblem, and FF:CC?siafni

Most of those games were on the GC as well... some of them were real good (Zelda, Metroid, Fire Emblem, RE4) bur very few for the 5 years a console is supposed to last.... that's happening again.... the Wii is not going to dominate following on the footsteps of a console which was unssuccessful...

Please, save it for 2008.
siafni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 siafni

[QUOTE="Davis092"][QUOTE="LongshotX2"]PH34R TEH AWESOMNESSS POWAH OF TEH RAGGIE !!!LongshotX2

If that's all you have to say, you are just proving me right... particularly about the Nintendo brain free thing 

LongshotX2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 LongshotX2
[QUOTE="LongshotX2"]

[QUOTE="Davis092"][QUOTE="LongshotX2"]PH34R TEH AWESOMNESSS POWAH OF TEH RAGGIE !!!siafni

If that's all you have to say, you are just proving me right... particularly about the Nintendo brain free thing 

I didn't say anything :? 

The picture spoke for itself.
siafni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 siafni

Lol, the topic title says "FACTS" yet , in the actual thread, there are none to be found! Amazing!MaTT2011

Fact1: In the top ten, there are just a couple of real Wii titles (may I add far from being killer applications?)

Fact2:  Nintendo has largely based the success of the Wii on the console being cheap

Fact3:  They are trying to attract masses of non gamers to gaming with extremely simple games

Question1: Have you got also something intelligent to say? 

Davis092

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Davis092

[QUOTE="MaTT2011"]Lol, the topic title says "FACTS" yet , in the actual thread, there are none to be found! Amazing!siafni

Fact1: In the top ten, there are just a couple of real Wii titles (may I add far from being killer applications?)

Fact2: Nintendo has largely based the success of the Wii on the console being cheap

Fact3: They are trying to attract masses of non gamers to gaming with extremely simple games

How are these facts again?
nintendo-4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 nintendo-4life
Member since 2004 • 18281 Posts
so if you INCLUDE multiplat titles we have 4 good Wii titles and 6 old school great titles :| this is ridiculous
nintendo-4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 nintendo-4life
Member since 2004 • 18281 Posts

[QUOTE="MaTT2011"]Lol, the topic title says "FACTS" yet , in the actual thread, there are none to be found! Amazing!siafni

Fact2:  Nintendo has largely based the success of the Wii on the console being cheap

Fact3:  They are trying to attract masses of non gamers to gaming with extremely simple games

FACT1: this is only by Gamespot standards, which as far as i'm concerned, doesn't have to do anything with the entire gaming community's opinion, hence the fact that red steel and rayman (other two specific titles, mind you) are selling so well yet none of these titles are shown in the chart backing up your arguments, thus, shattering your argument, and why don't you count multiplat titles? or does that only apply for PS3 and X360 but not for Wii? FACT2: that's not true at all, give me decisive proof that nintendo is basing the ENTIRE Wii success because of it's affordable price, trust me you will not find it, the sleek look, shape and innovation of the Wii is masterful, the virtual console is doing so well it's considered an entirely different market by nintendo, which means nintendo is basing the success on 3 subjects now: size and shape, virtual console games and the affordable price, however there's one final (and most important) subject left, and that is the Wii controller, which is the main reason why the console exists in the first place, being praised by many ever since september 2005, which means the fact that the console will have low level graphics and low price point was unkown at the time, and even then the controller was predicted to lead the console to instant success, at least at launch, packed with Wii sports ,another Wii specific killer app, the systems really flew off the shelves like hot cake, that result even shocked nintendo, so in the end, no, nintendo did not base the entire success of the Wii solely on the price, it's because of many more reasons. FACT3: this is a true fact, but if you think it's the onlly fact you are mistaken again, nintendo is targeting both hardcore AND non-gamers to enjoy the Wii, and i have proof of what i say, that proof is the very title called "the legend of zelda: twilight princess", this is the first Nintendo platform to ever launch with a zelda title, so this is a pretty bald step for them, not only that but nintendo gave us the best downloadable service of the three, with a dozen of good games available on the VC titles i think only hardcore gamers can enjoy, and ironicaly enough, your chart proves of what i'm saying, also if you look at Wii's 2007 titles you will find titles ranging from cooking mama to the godfather to super smash brothers, you might not like the entire list, but i can see everyone liking atleast 2 or 3 titles from it's coming line up, that is yet another proof of the FACT that Nintendo is targeting everyone, NOT just the non- gamers. you've been served :)
bexarath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 bexarath
Member since 2005 • 555 Posts
[QUOTE="siafni"]

[QUOTE="MaTT2011"]Lol, the topic title says "FACTS" yet , in the actual thread, there are none to be found! Amazing!nintendo-4life

FACT1: this is only by Gamespot standards, which as far as i'm concerned, doesn't have to do anything with the entire gaming community's opinion, hence the fact that red steel and rayman (other two specific titles, mind you) are selling so well yet none of these titles are shown in the chart backing up your arguments, thus, shattering your argument, and why don't you count multiplat titles? or does that only apply for PS3 and X360 but not for Wii? FACT2: that's not true at all, give me decisive proof that nintendo is basing the ENTIRE Wii success because of it's affordable price, trust me you will not find it, the sleek look, shape and innovation of the Wii is masterful, the virtual console is doing so well it's considered an entirely different market by nintendo, which means nintendo is basing the success on 3 subjects now: size and shape, virtual console games and the affordable price, however there's one final (and most important) subject left, and that is the Wii controller, which is the main reason why the console exists in the first place, being praised by many ever since september 2005, which means the fact that the console will have low level graphics and low price point was unkown at the time, and even then the controller was predicted to lead the console to instant success, at least at launch, packed with Wii sports ,another Wii specific killer app, the systems really flew off the shelves like hot cake, that result even shocked nintendo, so in the end, no, nintendo did not base the entire success of the Wii solely on the price, it's because of many more reasons. FACT3: this is a true fact, but if you think it's the onlly fact you are mistaken again, nintendo is targeting both hardcore AND non-gamers to enjoy the Wii, and i have proof of what i say, that proof is the very title called "the legend of zelda: twilight princess", this is the first Nintendo platform to ever launch with a zelda title, so this is a pretty bald step for them, not only that but nintendo gave us the best downloadable service of the three, with a dozen of good games available on the VC titles i think only hardcore gamers can enjoy, and ironicaly enough, your chart proves of what i'm saying, also if you look at Wii's 2007 titles you will find titles ranging from cooking mama to the godfather to super smash brothers, you might not like the entire list, but i can see everyone liking atleast 2 or 3 titles from it's coming line up, that is yet another proof of the FACT that Nintendo is targeting everyone, NOT just the non- gamers. you've been served :)

Pwnage approved, though I'd like to add a couple of things: "Fact" 2: The cheap price really helped the GC to sell like hotcakes didn't it? Oh, wait... "Fact" 3: Nintendo is hardly the only company that's trying to appeal to non-gamers. The PS2 has been doing it for years with endless BUZZ and Singstar games, and let's not forget Eyetoy! Why do you think the PS2 got such success in Europe? It was largely because of games like this.