80,000 gamers playing rocket league. Free only on PS4

• 62 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ProtossX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ProtossX
Member since 2005 • 2880 Posts

This is a huge deal for system wars.

We need more games like this on wiiU/xb1.

PCMR is charging 20 dollars for this free game on PS+ thats a huge difference ones free ones 20 dollars outa my wallet.

This is a throwback to fun games like megaman soccer and like rock n roll racing it runs great on ps4 im having fun with it. I think a controller makes this game better honestly.

I'd say try it out it's entertaining enough. PS4 is life PS4 is love PS4 is for the gamers. The End.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

"free"

ProtossX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 ProtossX

@MonsieurX said:

"free"

With the 20 dollars you pay for rocket league on steam you could have bought PS+ and got this game free plus tons of value all over the place think about that PS+ is a great service imo.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

@ProtossX said:
@MonsieurX said:

"free"

With the 20 dollars you pay for rocket league on steam you could have bought PS+ and got this game free plus tons of value all over the place think about that PS+ is a great service imo.

ps+ is $50

PC wins again.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

It's not free

and is there a source of some kind?

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By lostrib

@ProtossX said:
@MonsieurX said:

"free"

for $20 you would only get to access the game for 3 months and then have to pay again

ProtossX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ProtossX

@lostrib said:

It's not free

Yeah my ps4 is telling me there 80,000 players online across all servers. I think its cross play with PC users.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 lostrib

@ProtossX said:
@lostrib said:

It's not free

Yeah my ps4 is telling me there 80,000 players online across all servers. I think its cross play with PC users.

actual proof?

Opus_Rea-333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Opus_Rea-333
Member since 2013 • 1238 Posts

@ProtossX said:
@lostrib said:

It's not free

So PS4 owners got nothing to play aside of Battlefield hardline confirmed :P

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10 DEadliNE-Zero0
Member since 2014 • 6607 Posts

TC isn't banned yet?

ProtossX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ProtossX

@lostrib said:
@ProtossX said:
@lostrib said:

It's not free

actual proof?

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 55898 Posts

Can we get a source?

intotheminx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 intotheminx
Member since 2014 • 2608 Posts

Is this a new game? If so, I don't know if I'm suppose to be impressed with that number of players. Earlier TF2, which is nearly 8 years old had over 81,000 players.

adamosmaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14 adamosmaki
Member since 2007 • 10718 Posts

ps+ is $20 ?

That game will be $5 at a steam sale and i wont have to pay $50 every year to keep it on my library

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11780 Posts

So what hurts more piracy or Sony giving out developers games for free legally where they can play multiplayer unlinke pirated copies?

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 lostrib

@NoodleFighter said:

So what hurts more piracy or Sony giving out developers games for free legally where they can play multiplayer unlinke pirated copies?

sony makes deals with the publishers/devs

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

Go away fakeboy

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#18 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44503 Posts

I'd buy "free" if you can keep it, unfortunately all the "free" stuff is held hostage over a continual subscription to PS+, and the bigger that "free" library gets and gets the more pressure there is to maintain a subscription, they pretty much (figuratively speaking) got you buy the balls..

Loading Video...

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@mems_1224 said:
@ProtossX said:
@MonsieurX said:

"free"

ps+ is $50

PC wins again.

NO is not there is 3 months as well..

Is actually better to get the year.

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#21 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

@ProtossX said:

PCMR is charging 20 dollars for this free game on PS+ thats a huge difference ones free ones 20 dollars outa my wallet.

Oh dear god..

gmak2442

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#22  Edited By gmak2442
Member since 2015 • 1089 Posts

I saw this game from a Youtuber on my stream today. I'd for sure play this right now if I could. This must be a lot of fun.

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 darkangel115
Member since 2013 • 4562 Posts

@ProtossX said:

This is a throwback to fun games like megaman soccer and like rock n roll racing it runs great on ps4 im having fun with it. I think a controller makes this game better honestly.

I'd say try it out it's entertaining enough. PS4 is life PS4 is love PS4 is for the gamers. The End.

Except PSn was down the 1st day it was on the store, and then the game's servers went down after that too. Not sure if it's even back up yet lol

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 mems_1224

@tormentos said:
@mems_1224 said:
@ProtossX said:
@MonsieurX said:

"free"

ps+ is $50

PC wins again.

no, its better to buy and actually own the game than rent it for $50. c'mon tormentard

ProtossX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 ProtossX

@mems_1224 said:
@tormentos said:
@mems_1224 said:
@ProtossX said:
@MonsieurX said:

"free"

ps+ is $50

PC wins again.

no, its better to buy and actually own the game than rent it for $50. c'mon tormentard

The difference is after I play rocket league for a full year it'll probably be on sale for like 5 dollars if I really wanna pick it up again while PC had to pay 20 upfront. Basically I can wait for a huge sale on the game and already got to play with all the ppl early on. PLus I might already be done with the game by then this is perfect. Plus I already Metal Gear Ground Zero and tons of other games already this craps adding up real quick and I was one and done with metal gear I have no plans to buy ground zero so it saved a lot of money so far a lot.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 mems_1224

@ProtossX said:
@mems_1224 said:
@tormentos said:
@mems_1224 said:
@ProtossX said:
@MonsieurX said:

"free"

ps+ is $50

PC wins again.

The difference is after I play rocket league for a full year it'll probably be on sale for like 5 dollars if I really wanna pick it up again while PC had to pay 20 upfront. Basically I can wait for a huge sale on the game and already got to play with all the ppl early on. PLus I might already be done with the game by then this is perfect. Plus I already Metal Gear Ground Zero and tons of other games already this craps adding up real quick and I was one and done with metal gear I have no plans to buy ground zero so it saved a lot of money so far a lot.

and it will be on sale in a month or two on pc for a lot cheaper. c'mon, you dumb cows can do better than this.

santoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#27 santoron
Member since 2006 • 8584 Posts

Well, I was hoping for Less "fanboy goes wild, haters DC" in a discussion thread about the game, but it's definitely awesome. Thanks to those on the board for getting the word out in advance! I knew that the game was on PC as well, but was surprised to hear about the cross platform online play, which I think will help keep the game going for a long time to come. That is, if they can get servers stable faster than Driveclub did ;P

ProtossX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 ProtossX

@mems_1224 said:
@ProtossX said:
@mems_1224 said:
@tormentos said:
@mems_1224 said:
@ProtossX said:
@MonsieurX said:

"free"

ps+ is $50

PC wins again.

and it will be on sale in a month or two on pc for a lot cheaper. c'mon, you dumb cows can do better than this.

So im playing it now right at launch for a full year. If i have my fill of it I don't have to buy it later on. Why would someone wanna wait for a game that just came out PS+ is the perfect answer.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 lostrib

@ProtossX said:
@mems_1224 said:
@ProtossX said:
@mems_1224 said:

So im playing it now right at launch for a full year. If i have my fill of it I don't have to buy it later on. Why would someone wanna wait for a game that just came out PS+ is the perfect answer.

The point is that it's not free as your title/OP claims

Avatar image for Midnightshade29
Midnightshade29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 301

#30 Midnightshade29
Member since 2008 • 6003 Posts

@ProtossX said:
@mems_1224 said:
@tormentos said:
@mems_1224 said:
@ProtossX said:
@MonsieurX said:

"free"

ps+ is $50

PC wins again.

Yep... been a plus member since it's inception and have tons of games well over 200 from it... for $50 a year, which you need for online anyway on ps4..so why wouldn't you do it. It only doesn't make sense for people who only play 1-2 exclusives on the ps4...but if that is the case why buy the console in the first place...

For someone like me who owns a PS3, PSvita, and PS4 it fucking rocks!!! And it's still cheaper than xblive...

Lems and hermits will never admit the greatness that is ps+

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By lostrib

@Midnightshade29 said:
@ProtossX said:
@mems_1224 said:

Yep... been a plus member since it's inception and have tons of games well over 200 from it... for $50 a year, which you need for online anyway on ps4..so why wouldn't you do it. It only doesn't make sense for people who only play 1-2 exclusives on the ps4...but if that is the case why buy the console in the first place...

For someone like me who owns a PS3, PSvita, and PS4 it fucking rocks!!! And it's still cheaper than xblive...

Its greatness has somewhat decreased once it stopped being the instant game collection

And it's misleading for him to say that PC gamers have to pay for something that PS4 gamers get for free

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 mems_1224

@lostrib said:
@Midnightshade29 said:
@ProtossX said:
@mems_1224 said:

Its greatness has somewhat decreased once it stopped being the instant game collection

And it's misleading for him to say that PC gamers have to pay for something that PS4 gamers get for free

Word, PS+ is a pretty decent rental service but the games they let people rent lately have been pretty meh

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#33  Edited By commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts

@ProtossX said:

meh arcade game

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 5819 Posts

You rent it so how is it free?

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#35 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

Boy was I wrong about this little game, it's awesome.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#36 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38026 Posts

@ProtossX said:

But you said you would rather buy remasters than use X1 BC? Dude get some consistency in your bullshit.

Malta_1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Malta_1980
Member since 2008 • 11890 Posts

Enjoying the game... Not bad at all :)

RedentSC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 RedentSC
Member since 2013 • 1243 Posts

@lostrib said:
@ProtossX said:
@MonsieurX said:

"free"

for $20 you would only get to access the game for 3 months and then have to pay again

sorry LostRib... how many games do you get access to at no extra charge for 3 months for spending $20 on Steam? PS+ gives you 9 at a minimum and that's just on the PS4, take the Vita and PS3 into account then that's, ohhh, 21 games for 3 months...

your arguments can't be /invalid.... its not even an arguement

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#40  Edited By finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

Its one of he highest streamed games right now on Twitch.

i was watching a stream earlier and looks fun, i'll probably download it later today

Avatar image for deactivated-5a8875b6c648f
deactivated-5a8875b6c648f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 deactivated-5a8875b6c648f
Member since 2015 • 954 Posts

FREE!!

for 3 months.....

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#42 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14411 Posts

"free"

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#43  Edited By Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

I bought it on the PC. Great game.

It's only "free" if you have PS+. So it's not free at all. It's also only "free" for a few months. So unless you go get the game now and install it, you'll miss your chance.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@mems_1224 said:

That depend because last time i check gamefly or any other rental service didn't gave you access to all the games you rented at once for as long as you pay.

On gamefly you pay $22.99 per month and you can have 2 games at once,you can't have more,on PSN+ you pay 20 and get access to 6 games minimum on 3 different platforms ,that is 18 games in 3 month and buying those at $20 = $360 dollars for 18 games that probably will end loss on your console once it cycle runs out,or loss on you PC because you loss interest on them.

Fact is PSN+ is great and is a great way to play games,considering you are a freaking die hard lemming who defended paying $50 and $60 for something the whole world was getting free last gen i say you have no horse on this race and you opinion is null.

You payed for live which was basically a scam and if it wasn't for sony you would still be paying for sony since it was sony who bring PSN+ idea of games to the market what you now call games with gold..lol

@lostrib said:

The point is that it's not free as your title/OP claims

Is not free but is a much better deal than steam,considering you will not only get Rocket league and you will continue to get more games for those $20,and as long as you keep paying you can have those games + new ones 2 while on Steam those $20 get you 1 game.

Hell is even better if it is a game which you want to play but you are not sure it is worth the $20 or is something of a pick a play and drop not even close to all games are keepers that is why gamestop is fill with used ones..

@mems_1224 said:

Word, PS+ is a pretty decent rental service but the games they let people rent lately have been pretty meh

Considering that you are a BLIND BIASED Lemming of the worse which find nothing to be good on PS i say again you opinion is null completely irrelevant.

PSN+ >>>>>>>>>>>> Live with gold and without it to and many article pointed that last gen and how MS could keep charging idiots like you for something every one got free,fact is lemmings are the Kings when it comes to drop money for nothing like all you did for what 11 years for live.? Until it receive a copy of PSN+ in the form of games with gold.?

You payed $50 for something PS3 owners were getting free and you defend it,oh and on PS3 last gen there were PC PS3 cross play,and mods something live didn't allow and which lemmings make a parade for now on xbox one,yeah it is good to party like it is 2007..lol

That ahead PSN was in features that count vs xbox live,oh not to mention that the whole family plan MS wanted on xbox one,was already on PS3 as well since PSN games could be share with up to 5 users..lol

So you see PSN+ is great and is not because sony hide online play on it that is a minus for PSN + not a + since it should be FREE like it is on PC and cell phones,live on the other hand just recently has become some how worth paying for..

But you are to hypocrite to see that i assume..lol

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 lostrib

@RedentSC: my argument is that it's not free and that it is misleading to claim as such.

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Suppaman100
Member since 2013 • 5250 Posts

@mems_1224 said:
@ProtossX said:
@MonsieurX said:

"free"

ps+ is $50

PC wins again.

LOL, lemmings hiding behind PC...ow how the tables have turend...

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 lostrib

@tormentos: so it's a better deal to have to continuously pay to access your games?

Avatar image for deactivated-583e460ca986b
deactivated-583e460ca986b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 deactivated-583e460ca986b
Member since 2004 • 7240 Posts

I wish I was one of them. I'm still trying to hack this damn Hotel TV so it will take my HDMI inputs. THEN I have to get it online. This business trip was supposed to be like a vacation.......

Avatar image for stereointegrity
stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 stereointegrity
Member since 2007 • 12151 Posts

This is one of my favorite games to pass the time with... I loved the beta and I love the game

RedentSC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By RedentSC
Member since 2013 • 1243 Posts

@lostrib: I didn't say it was free... Argue with my response to you not the tc's