8 tracks in Motorstorm?!?!?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

lawsonboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 lawsonboy
Member since 2006 • 618 Posts

Next gen. racing game on a $600 gaming console with 50 gig blue ray media that was supposed to expand the amount of quality and quantity of game content and it only comes with EIGHT tracks?!

I don't care what the game plays or looks like it shouldn't get higher than a 7/10 score for only havnig 8 tracks when games like PGR3 have a track creator that allows for countless combinations of tracks all  on a standard DVD9.

Let's face it Blue Ray for games as of this date is pointless.  Sony shoved their new media down its consumers throats by lying to them and telling them it would improve games, but so far has only shown some value in the movie industry.  How can anybody be a Sony fan right now?

samusarmada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#2 samusarmada
Member since 2005 • 5816 Posts
I dont think blu-ray has anything to do with motorstorms lack of tracks.
KillaHalo2o9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 KillaHalo2o9
Member since 2006 • 5305 Posts
See there is no use for Blu Gay :)
danneswegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 danneswegman
Member since 2005 • 12937 Posts
yep, 8 tracks, no split screen, etc... but i'm buying it...... more tracks and cars will come as a download though
voxware00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 voxware00
Member since 2004 • 5018 Posts
The producer of Motorstorm Pete Smith has announced at the Game Developers Conference 2007 that in a matter of a couple of months we will be able to download content for Motorstorm. Content such as cars, tracks and offline split-screen multiplayer mode . However, he did say that some of the downloadable content will be free while other content will carry a price tag.
The inclusion of Split-screen is bound to make several people happy.

well i hope the maps are free, considering wipeout psp has free maps all the time...
more maps and offline split screen should be free since its lacking in the game itself... also some game modes, but i dont care about extra characters
Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts
Cassette tape > 8-tracks
Ezgam3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Ezgam3r
Member since 2006 • 2308 Posts
[QUOTE="KillaHalo2o9"]See there is no use for Blu Gay :)

Real original there buddy :roll: And you fail at sigs.
UssjTrunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 UssjTrunks
Member since 2005 • 11299 Posts
Bu But t3h 50 gigz!1! :cry:
The_Game21x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#9 The_Game21x
Member since 2005 • 26440 Posts

See there is no use for Blu Gay :)  KillaHalo2o9

:|

Surely you can do better than that...

daveg1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#10 daveg1
Member since 2005 • 20405 Posts
less said about that game the better..
project343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 project343
Member since 2005 • 14106 Posts
This is one reason as to why Blu-Ray is partially unneeded: a lot of developers are too lazy to take advantage of it.
Ericvon71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Ericvon71
Member since 2004 • 3219 Posts

Next gen. racing game on a $600 gaming console with 50 gig blue ray media that was supposed to expand the amount of quality and quantity of game content and it only comes with EIGHT tracks?!

I don't care what the game plays or looks like it shouldn't get higher than a 7/10 score for only havnig 8 tracks when games like PGR3 have a track creator that allows for countless combinations of tracks all  on a standard DVD9.

Let's face it Blue Ray for games as of this date is pointless.  Sony shoved their new media down its consumers throats by lying to them and telling them it would improve games, but so far has only shown some value in the movie industry.  How can anybody be a Sony fan right now?

lawsonboy

This is why I enjoy SW so much because there are always some really good comic relief in here!!!  The game is fun, alot of people enjoy it, the lobbies are full, yes there could have been more tracks but it still didn't tak away the fun factor!  Thanks for the afternoon laugh!

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127527 Posts
Bu But t3h 50 gigz!1! :cry: UssjTrunks
that never will be used
console_fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 console_fanboy
Member since 2006 • 595 Posts
TCHBO. cows still claim that mud in games requires 20 gig.
CLeRKSfan4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#15 CLeRKSfan4life
Member since 2004 • 2606 Posts

See there is no use for Blu Gay :)  KillaHalo2o9

haha...blu gay :)

8 tracks is pretty pathetic. Even GT Pro Series on Wii has more than that!

-Krakapow-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 -Krakapow-
Member since 2006 • 266 Posts
only an ejit fan boy could think that blu ray has anything to do with the number of tracks they could fit on motorstorm. it doesn't even make sense! bigger, better storage medium = less content? i mean come on. where is the logic in that? 8 tracks doesn't mean 8 races. your racew diferent parts of the tracks in deiferent combinations. all of which are reversable. 8 tracks will give a lot more gameplay than you'd think but i'd take quality over quantity any day. the fact of the matter is that motorstorm was supposed to be a launch game and they ended up being pressured and pushed to get the ga,e out. that's part of the reason why they've released new game modes as downloadable. anybody who thinks that 50 gig br discs are unnecesary and will never be used will eat their words.
Grive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Grive
Member since 2006 • 2971 Posts
only an ejit fan boy could think that blu ray has anything to do with the number of tracks they could fit on motorstorm. it doesn't even make sense! bigger, better storage medium = less content? i mean come on. where is the logic in that? 8 tracks doesn't mean 8 races. your racew diferent parts of the tracks in deiferent combinations. all of which are reversable. 8 tracks will give a lot more gameplay than you'd think but i'd take quality over quantity any day. the fact of the matter is that motorstorm was supposed to be a launch game and they ended up being pressured and pushed to get the ga,e out. that's part of the reason why they've released new game modes as downloadable. anybody who thinks that 50 gig br discs are unnecesary and will never be used will eat their words. -Krakapow-

Yeah, I'm thinking you are missing the point in it's entirety:

PRECISELY because blu-ray has more space, a limited amount of tracks (only eight!) is all the more insulting. Wasn't Blu-Ray supposed to give us a lot of extra game content? where is it? 8 tracks are hardly a justification for an expensive, unproven media format.

On the other hand, weren't cows mocking lemmings because of Microtransactions? So how is it any justification that they sold you what amounts to an unfinished game (downloadable game modes extra? it's almost as bad as EA's content)?.