8 Factual Reasons the PS4 will win Next Gen

• 110 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

John_Matherson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By John_Matherson
Member since 2013 • 2085 Posts

8 FACTual Reasons the PS4 will win Next Gen.

Resurrecting this thread because I feel like it died prematurely.

8. Future Proof:

When you think of a Sony product, the first thing that comes to mind is their longevity and I’ll tell you why this is huge. The Playstation 2 released in North America toward the end of 2001, and was discontinued around the start of 2012. In 2011, the PS2 sold (that year alone) 1.6 million units.

A console over a decade old selling that much in its last year doesn’t seem that big of a deal right? Microsoft’s Original Xbox released in 2001 and was officially discontinued around 2008, lasting on 7 years in the market. Once the Xbox 360 appeared, while MS did keep Xbox Live active for a while for the original xbox, everything else just slowly perished. The Xbox was soon never seen or heard of again. Sounds melodramatic like a someone being kidnapped after questioning the government.When the PS3 came out, Sony did the opposite of drop the PS2. They actually reinvented a new slim silver model with a price cut that sold quite well. The PS2 continued to receive games and multiplats alongside the PS3/PSP for quite a while. Sony didn’t just cut support for the console and told millions of PS2 owners to go f*ck themselves.

I’m now going to list some games and then I’ll tell you something about the Xbox 360, and then you’ll see what these ten games have in common. Ni no Kuni, Puppeteer, The Last of Us, Beyond: 2 Souls, MLB the Show 2013, Guacamelee, God of War: Ascension. The Xbox 360, as most of you, suffers a lot of heat from non-Xbox supporters, mainly due to its linear library of shooters and racers. HALOGEARSFORZAPGR as everyone knows. Now, the 360 squeezed out two games worth mentioning last year: Halo 4 and Gears of War: Judgment. Before the release of these two games, the Xbox’s only exclusive title worthy of a mention was Halo: Reach, released in 2010. The 360’s library began to suffer a strong decline years before the Xbox One was even announced. Let’s go back to those games I listed earlier. What if I told you that at the same year of launch for the PS4, the PS3 received at least 5 exclusives that scored 9.0 in ratings? Sony also released a new PS3 SKU this year that should help with the transition. The PS4’s future is almost a guaranteed success, judging from pattern as I’ve shown and proven here.

7. Preparation:

Preparation is important and I’ll tell you why. The PS4 was announced at Sony’s unexpected conference call back in February 20th of this year, and ever since then, it was clear that not only did those bastards do their homework, but they had been up to something for quite a while. Mark Cerny, a big icon in the gaming world, was announced to have been in charge of the PS4’s development.

The PS4 had been researched and composed as a result of the compilation of input and talent and judgment of some of gaming’s biggest masters. Imagine thinking everyone forgot it was your birthday only to find out not only was it being secretly planned, but that the best hands in every event of your party had been hired to ensure nothing is missed. That’s how the gaming world reacted to the PS4 announcement. They seemed to have thought of everything. The By Gamers For Gamers slogan was something they said and it sounded too good to be true, but we were forced to believe it because we saw with our own eyes, developers we recognized literally explaining what they contributed to the PS4. It’s like Sony gave gamers and developers a blank check and said “Hey, do what you want”. It's clear Sony truly did their homework with the PS4.

The Preparation section of this thread continues with reason number 6.

6. Microsoft:

Since we’re talking preparation, let’s take a look at what Microsoft did wrong, that at were converted into positives for the PS4. A lot of people argue that Sony was going to make all the same horrible decisions M$ made but they waited and watched M$ take all the heat. Now, this would make sense, if Sony didn’t announce the PS4 about 4 months before the Xbox One. When you combine the DRM and internet control issues, and the Xbox 720p issues, you’ll start to understand why Microsoft has become the best advertisement Sony has ever had.

Yes, M$ has taken most of those policies back, but still There’s no reward for fixing something you shouldn’t have broken in the first place.Don’t get me wrong I’m not a hypocrite. Sony screwed up too with the stupid MP3/DLNA issue we recently discovered, and they claim to have a patch coming up soon to fix things. Either way The best and greatest solution to any problem ever is for the problem to not have occurred in the first place. Microsoft did a horrible job in preparing for the Xbox One. With no news on what’s going to happen to the Xbox 360, and going with pattern, I won’t be shocked if the 360 begins to slowly perish away around next year. Preparation is important, and Sony has done their homework.

The PS4’s “For Gamers by Gamers” slogan seems to be fulfilling itself even before launch. Meanwhile, everything Microsoft nowadays does is just another reason for you to get a PS4. Proof of this can be seen here in System Wars. It seems as if the only time Microsoft Fans get good news is when Sony fans get bad news. For instance, the PS4 CoD: Ghost issues that just surfaced recently. Xbox 1 fans seem to be happy and excited about this, even though the news has absolutely nothing to do with the quality of their console.

5. Demographic:

The PS4 has an almost guaranteed reserve in the market share, that other platforms won’t be able to get their hands on. There are four key platforms in the next gen Wars. I’m going to go ahead and eliminate each one for you, showing why the PS4’s demographic/market will remain untouched.

Nintendo: Let’s face it—and Sheep, take this as an insult if you want or be realistic—Nintendo platforms run on its pretty faithful, nostalgia-struck, casual fanbase. Hardcore Nintendo fans will always be hardcore Nintendo fans.

The Wii was near a hundred million at the first quarter of 2013 so this says a lot. Nintendo has it’s casual fans and it’s hardcore nostalgia fans. With Nintendo’s poor preparation and poor planning, unfortunately the Wii’s successor, Wii-U, didn’t do too well in the market at release. Here’s another proof that Nintendo runs on casuals and nostalgia.

When the New Zelda game released for the Wii-U the console received a 685% bump. Need I say more? The Nintendo Wii-U is of no threat to the PS4’s market because each console appeals to a completely different market.

PC Gaming: PC Gamers are another major share of the gaming market. The PC has its powerhouse titles but let’s be realistic. Hardcore PC gamers who are willing to spend thousands of dollars on their gaming rigs have their own section on the market pie chart. The PS4 faces no threat or competition from the PC for the same reason the PS3 doesn’t: Exclusives. The Xbox 360 is another completely different issue.

While the PS3 can stand independently on its own, in the glory of its own exclusive games that run across every genre you can think of, the Xbox 360 faces the constant threat of losing the exclusives to the PC. Each Xbox 360 exclusive released has an 85 percent chance of going onto the PC, while PS3 exclusives have a 5% chance—just speaking out of common sense and proof of what we’ve seen in the past. The new Ryse and TitanFall games are examples of this as we already know they’re 360 timed exclusives bound to land on the PC platform. So, while the PC has its own colossal gaming library of exclusives to stand on independently, the 360 is nagging at it and fighting for the spot light. The PS3 on the other hand has its own library—and this is without shovelware inflated games the 360 suffers from. The PS3 appeals to every gamer cause it has games. On the range of Little Big Planet 2 to Metal Gear Solid 4, how diverse is our library? VERY FCKING DIVERSE! On the range of HALO and Gears to Forza and PGR, how diverse is your library? Wait, what? That’s your entire library??

Microsoft: Like I already said, Microsoft has become Sony’s biggest ad campaign nowadays. They can’t seem to catch a break with the bad press and it’s just been one bad news after another nowadays. Anyway, I was making a very good point yesterday when arguing with lostrib. I had a theory that the only thing—according to you Lemmings every time we ask what makes the 360 better than the PS3—is Xbox Live.

So I concluded that Xbox Live is the only thing keeping the 360 afloat. So, I then asked what’s keeping Xbox Live afloat and the answer became clear. Bro-Games. Gears of War, Halo, CoD, Forza. All bro games that trendy gamers seem to enjoy. Fact: Xbox Live was originally built on a Bro Game (Halo 2) on the original Xbox. Us cows have wondered why the Xbox is able to get away with such a linear library, so there’s the answer.

All Xbox supporters are trendy gamers who enjoy games like Halo, Gears, and Call of Duty. Halo and Gears aren’t even exclusives anymore and neither is Forza. So take away these three games and you’ll have CoD, multiplat. But, back to my main point. The Xbox 360 appeals to the bro-gaming market and the trendy, repetition lovers who enjoy games like Halo and CoD. I’m not saying it’s a bad thing, I’m just establishing that the Xbox Market is pretty straight shot and clear and M$ knows who their supporters are and where to make their money.

So, with all the three other platforms having their fanbase and demographic, there’s only one platform that has a leg in each of those other platform’s market and demographic, but can still completely stand on its own without all those legs. The Playstation 3. The PS3 can survive on its own exclusives without multiplatformers. The PS3 has exclusives that outscore most multiplatform game, while also receiving multiplatform games and not having to worry about losing exclusives to other platforms.

4. Global Support:

Why is global support important? The original Xbox was discontinued in Japan—a major input and market of the gaming world—as early as 2005,and the 360 began phasing out of Japan in 2011. The Xbox 360, while it had North America secured, did horribly in Japan and some other of the world’s biggest gaming markets.

One thing Sony for sure has pretty packed and secured is their Global Support. Guess now’s a good time to mention the PS4 games are set to be region free next gen.

With a development studio in every corner of the world and wide range of genre and huge library of Japanese JRPG games and some free online MMOs, Sony has the globe in their hands and gamers won’t have to worry about being left out or missing out on a genre when they choose the PS4 platform.

3. Hardware:

Sony has always been good on delivering solid hardware. The PS2/PS3/PS4/PSP/VITA are all standard setting hardware in the console market. The PS4 for one—with its price and value—singlehandedly and irrefutably gives PC gamers a run for their Newegg money.

The PS3 is this gen’s most powerful console and the hardware specs and technicality aren’t just there for hype. The PS3 produced some of the most impressive and technically stunning games this gen. Uncharted 2, Beyond: 2 Souls, The Last of Us, God of War 3 and so much more. These are all a result of a well prepared and well designed hardware.

Sony has always provided the goods on hardware so we may not realize why this is important because we already hold them to these standards by default and we automatically expect them to deliver. Nintendo Wii/U are good examples of the consequences of inferior hardware. The Wii/U suffered and are still suffering the lack of most popular and hardcore multiplatforms due to the incapability of their hardware. As I stated earlier, I’m not a hypocrite, so I do understand that hardware isn’t everything. In fact, the Playstation 2 had the weakest hardware compared to the original Xbox and the Game Cube, but luckily for us Sony supporters, we had an insane library of games that kept us afloat and we didn’t miss out on much.

2. Developers:

It's supposed to be Naughty Dogs, if you don't get it.

Do I even have to elaborate this? As I said earlier, part of Sony’s global support comes from its wide net of worldwide developers.

1. Games:

The PS3—hands down hard the most quality and award winning games this generation. And it neither sacrificed quality for quantity, nor quality for sales. The PS3 gaming library was consistent. Sony didn’t hang up the coat three years before the start of next gen. Going with this reputation they’ve earned and knowing they still have the support of their absolutely astonishing 1st party developers, it’s a pretty safe bet the PS4 will neither lack nor suffer in its game library.

FragTycoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By FragTycoon
Member since 2008 • 6430 Posts

I just need two reasons.

1: WiiU sucks

2: MS is busy being Windows-ME-like with the Xbox brand ATM

Ghost120x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By Ghost120x
Member since 2009 • 6058 Posts

tl:dr

But I love the dog picture that's supposed to represent naughty dog lol. I can't wait to see what they cook up next (hope it's jak)

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By shawn30
Member since 2006 • 4409 Posts

Bravo!!! Bravo!!!

You are Cowing hard! Way to go!

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

@John_Matherson:

Blog it next time. And, that's a nice fanboy rant. I disagree with 90% of it.

PS4 vs XBoxOne boils down to this:

Sony bet the farm that the consumer would pick a console that's built around gaming - with all other features being "me too" add-ons. Because the focus is only on games, the hardware of the PS4 was designed to produce the best visuals possible.

Microsoft bet the farm that consumers would pick a console that is more than a gaming console - an all-in-one entertainment system for games, movies, music, etc. Because the focus was on "everything" and not "just games", the XBoxOne is not as powerful of a true "gaming device" as the PS4 is; but it can do much more than just run games.

That's it. That's the difference. The market will decide who made the right call in the long run.

John_Matherson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 John_Matherson

@StormyJoe said:

@John_Matherson:

Sony bet the farm that the consumer would pick a console that's built around gaming - with all other features being "me too" add-ons. Because the focus is only on games, the hardware of the PS4 was designed to produce the best visuals possible.

Microsoft bet the farm that consumers would pick a console that is more than a gaming console - an all-in-one entertainment system for games, movies, music, etc. Because the focus was on "everything" and not "just games", the XBoxOne is not as powerful of a true "gaming device" as the PS4 is; but it can do much more than just run games.

That's it. That's the difference. The market will decide who made the right call in the long run.

lol okay you're right but that doesn't mean I'm wrong. What you just said doens't contradict anything I said in the OP. And I'll blog when I want and create a post when I want. And it's not a fanboy rant because every thing I stated are all actual facts if you know how to read.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 StormyJoe

@John_Matherson said:

@shawn30 said:

Bravo!!! Bravo!!!

: / you give enough fucks to open a new tab and look up that pic, as opposed to not clicking this topic at all. Don't be an idiot. Nobody likes an idiot.

Someone who made a "War and Peace" sized thread in a gaming forum that was filled with fanboy logic and falsehoods presented as "facts" really shouldn't be calling other people "idiots".

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Suppaman100
Member since 2013 • 5250 Posts

John_Matherson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By John_Matherson

@StormyJoe said:

@John_Matherson said:

@shawn30 said:

Bravo!!! Bravo!!!

: / you give enough fucks to open a new tab and look up that pic, as opposed to not clicking this topic at all. Don't be an idiot. Nobody likes an idiot.

Someone who made a "War and Peace" sized thread in a gaming forum that was filled with fanboy logic and falsehoods presented as "facts" really shouldn't be calling other people "idiots".

Ok, which one of my posts aren't facts? Nothing I said in the thread is opinionated. Go and quote it for me and let me see it. It's not fanboy logic if it's all observation of things that actually happened in the gamerverse. Deal with it. You're angry because everything I said is backed by things that actually happened.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29824 Posts

@John_Matherson said:

@shawn30 said:

Bravo!!! Bravo!!!

Well, that would explain why no one would like you.

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 5882 Posts

Wow what a long post, unfortunately stormyjoe is more accurate in his statement than yours. You state facts but they are not the reason PS4 will win. It's a new generation and consoles have taken a different direction. The run upto launch and all the dramas around it will only affect a very small percent of buyers. The mainstream will buy based on the games services and features on offer. any games not announced will have zero impact. Plus the single biggest impact will be price where Sony wins and advertising where Microsoft will win.

Good effort but inaccurate.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By StormyJoe

@John_Matherson said:

@StormyJoe said:

@John_Matherson:

lol okay you're right but that doesn't mean I'm wrong. What you just said doens't contradict anything I said in the OP. And I'll blog when I want and create a post when I want. And it's not a fanboy rant because every thing I stated are all actual facts if you know how to read.

No, they're not. Off the top of my head

• Microsoft has not abandoned the 360. They said so at E3, and there are games still in development for it.
  • I responded to 7 & 6 in my earlier thread
  • Sony lost over 1/2 their market share this gen. So, your "market share" point is countered by... facts.
  • The PS4 can survive without multiplats? How delusional are you? If Bioshock, Mass Effect, CoD, BattleField, Elder Scrolls, Fallout, etc. weren't on the PS4, it's be the 2nd coming of the Wii U.

cfisher2833

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 cfisher2833
Member since 2011 • 2150 Posts

You really shouldn't waste your time making such long, pointless posts.

Avatar image for princessgomez92
PrincessGomez92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

User Lists: 5

#15 PrincessGomez92
Member since 2013 • 5747 Posts

No way I'm reading all that.

John_Matherson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By John_Matherson

@tdkmillsy said:

Wow what a long post, unfortunately stormyjoe is more accurate in his statement than yours. You state facts but they are not the reason PS4 will win. It's a new generation and consoles have taken a different direction. The run upto launch and all the dramas around it will only affect a very small percent of buyers. The mainstream will buy based on the games services and features on offer. any games not announced will have zero impact. Plus the single biggest impact will be price where Sony wins and advertising where Microsoft will win.

Good effort but inaccurate.

Okay, you can't ignore the facts and accuracy in my thread. Everything I said is correct and accurate and yes he has a point but it's not like either I'm wrong or he is. We can both be right.

Yes, these consoles are taking different directions, but when the launch dusts settles, we'll start to see the games come in and we'll start to see the market divide into its side and also come together. My OP also covers this part and I stated that the PS4 is on course to win due to the reasons I gave.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60712 Posts

I honestly dont care about sales. Only thing I care about is having enough sales to warrant another console and i think Sony will have that in the bag.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@John_Matherson: Way.. way to much to read. Since most of it is bias fanboy dribble, I didn't read much of it. lol!!

8. Microsoft XB1 is also future proof. By the time the E3 get here, you'll know why.

7. Both M$ and Sony did a terrible job preparing for the launch. Sony will have huge shortages for the PS4, plus you have to download a patch just to unlock Blu-Ray/DVD playback. What a joke. M$ also screwed up royally by releasing their final devkit to developers 2 months before launch. Idiots. Sony's PS4 was already having overheating problems just proves neither company is truly ready for this launch.

6. Microsoft's policy was a mess, but Sony adding fees for online multiplayer after saying they would never do that, wasn't smart either. At least Microsoft reversed all the bad things they introduced. Sony hasn't reversed anything. They are still making you patch the PS4 on day one when they said a patch would not be needed (after M$ said they had a large patch). lol!!

5. Sony will never have the type of marketshare they had with the PS2. which was like 65%. They will start out more then the XBox One to begin with, but I think the Wii U and XBox One will take more back once their prices drop within the next 1-2 yrs. Sony will never dominate like they did with the PS2.

4. The Xbox & XBox 360 actually sold more consoles in Japan then any other American game console released in Japan. That's a pretty good achievement. The 3DO sold about 300K units. I don't remember what the Jaguar sold, but it was a lot less then the 3DO. The XBox One will excell in the U.S., UK and Australia and should do fairly well in Europe. It's not going to do much in Japan with the high price. It'll probably sell 100K-200K in 2014 in Japan I bet, but not much more. Even the PS4 is a bit expensive in Japan.

3. The PS4 is a powerful console, but so is the XB1. People who think the XB1 is weak will be in for a rude awaking when the 2nd round of games are introduced. Both systems will give us high quality games in the future. That's why I'll be playing games on both.

2. Sony has a large amouont of developers, this is true, but Microsoft has acquired more developers this time around. Where as they only had about 5-6 1st party developers, they now have about 10-11 and it's still increasing. Their global support of 3rd party and Indie developers will carry over from XBox 360. A lot more games will be announced next year.

1. There will be LOTS of games on both platforms. You'd be stupid to believe otherwise. There are 100's of games in development for both PS4 and XBox One. It's just a matter of time.

John_Matherson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 John_Matherson

@StormyJoe said:

@John_Matherson said:

@StormyJoe said:

@John_Matherson:

No, they're not. Off the top of my head

• Microsoft has not abandoned the 360. They said so at E3, and there are games still in development for it.
  • I responded to 7 & 6 in my earlier thread
  • Sony lost over 1/2 their market share this gen. So, your "market share" point is countered by... facts.
  • The PS4 can survive without multiplats? How delusional are you? If Bioshock, Mass Effect, CoD, BattleField, Elder Scrolls, Fallout, etc. weren't on the PS4, it's be the 2nd coming of the Wii U.

I didn't say they have, I said judging from how they've operated in the past, there's no telling what they'll do. And oh multiplats. There's no chance in hell the 360 has exclusives still in development.

Sony didn't lose THEIR market share. They lost THE market share. They began to compete with 360 for multiplats like cod, madden and such. My argument wasn't that they had the whole market on lock, my argument is that they had a foot in the multiplats department but also had the benefit of having a solid exclusives line up.

Ok, It's obvious you just skimmed through the OP; go back and fcking read cause your selective understanding is really sad. My comment about PS3 being able to survive on its own without multiplats isn't to say that if the PS3 was to not receieve those games you listed it would be fine. I first stated that the 360 lives on multiplats. Most of xbox franchises and games are also on PC and the rest are on PC/PS3/360 and even handhelds. FACT! As opposed to the PS3, which is where I said that the PS3 can stand and be supported by it's own exclusives alone because i was making a point that the exclusives cover every genre and aren't linear or limited to bro or mainstream games! Stop skimming through the OP and just seeing what you want. Multiplats are nice to have but here's the difference: If you take away the 360's multiplat games, the 360's library will be almost empty and dry. BUT, if you ignore all the multiplats on the PS3's library, the PS3 library still looks awesome and has solid games for every genre.That's what I meant when I said the PS3 can survive on its own library alone, as oppposed to the 360 which shares most of its library with the PC!

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@John_Matherson said:

@StormyJoe said:

@John_Matherson:

It's a BLOG dude. Everything you wrote is NOT A FACT. Get over yourself. Mods will end up deciding what it is. If they think it's a BLOG, they will LOCK the thread and that will be that.

John_Matherson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 John_Matherson

@blackace said:

@John_Matherson: Way.. way to much to read. Since most of it is bias fanboy dribble, I didn't read much of it. lol!!

8. Microsoft XB1 is also future proof. By the time the E3 get here, you'll know why.

7. Both M$ and Sony did a terrible job preparing for the launch. Sony will have huge shortages for the PS4, plus you have to download a patch just to unlock Blu-Ray/DVD playback. What a joke. M$ also screwed up royally by releasing their final devkit to developers 2 months before launch. Idiots. Sony's PS4 was already having overheating problems just proves neither company is truly ready for this launch.

6. Microsoft's policy was a mess, but Sony adding fees for online multiplayer after saying they would never do that, wasn't smart either. At least Microsoft reversed all the bad things they introduced. Sony hasn't reversed anything. They are still making you patch the PS4 on day one when they said a patch would not be needed (after M$ said they had a large patch). lol!!

5. Sony will never have the type of marketshare they had with the PS2. which was like 65%. They will start out more then the XBox One to begin with, but I think the Wii U and XBox One will take more back once their prices drop within the next 1-2 yrs. Sony will never dominate like they did with the PS2.

4. The Xbox & XBox 360 actually sold more consoles in Japan then any other American game console released in Japan. That's a pretty good achievement. The 3DO sold about 300K units. I don't remember what the Jaguar sold, but it was a lot less then the 3DO. The XBox One will excell in the U.S., UK and Australia and should do fairly well in Europe. It's not going to do much in Japan with the high price. It'll probably sell 100K-200K in 2014 in Japan I bet, but not much more. Even the PS4 is a bit expensive in Japan.

3. The PS4 is a powerful console, but so is the XB1. People who think the XB1 is weak will be in for a rude awaking when the 2nd round of games are introduced. Both systems will give us high quality games in the future. That's why I'll be playing games on both.

2. Sony has a large amouont of developers, this is true, but Microsoft has acquired more developers this time around. Where as they only had about 5-6 1st party developers, they now have about 10-11 and it's still increasing. Their global support of 3rd party and Indie developers will carry over from XBox 360. A lot more games will be announced next year.

1. There will be LOTS of games on both platforms. You'd be stupid to believe otherwise. There are 100's of games in development for both PS4 and XBox One. It's just a matter of time.

Facepalm* yeah your response seems like you just read the headline of each number and drew a response. The point of this thread isn't to say the PS4 all of this as opposed to that. The point I'm making is that I'm using things we've seen in the past and patterns to speculate that the PS4 is on course to be impressive.

Yes, 360/X1 have devs, but I was making a point that the PS4 (with the reputation it's 1st party alone) is in guaranteed safe hands.

Yes, the Xbox is powerful, and I didn't make that point to suggest otherwise. I made the point to piggyback on what we're seeing today with games like the last of us, Uncharted and such being results of Sony hardware capabilities.

Yes, the xbox did decently in Japan but as opposed to the PS3 or PS2 how did it do? And when I said marketshare you should seriously go back and read because you guys are thinking fractions but I'm thinking DEMOGRAPHIC!!!

And for preparation, I specifically stated that I'm not a hypocrite and that Sony also made mistakes. It's actually in bold : /

You guys are killing me

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

well said, lems are going to cry now

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By clone01

@John_Matherson said:

@blackace said:

You guys are killing me

Then leave. We have enough fanboyism here already.

John_Matherson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By John_Matherson

@Krelian-co said:

well said, lems are going to cry now

Haha they already are.

Caseytappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Caseytappy
Member since 2005 • 2199 Posts

Did someone actually read all that , LOL !

StriateEnd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 StriateEnd
Member since 2013 • 521 Posts

@blackace said:

>Says OPs post is biased fanboy dribble.

>Posts his own biased fanboy dribble.

Btw, the X1 isn't a powerful console. Do you even pc game in the slightest?

John_Matherson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 John_Matherson

@StriateEnd said:

@blackace said:

>Says OPs post is biased fanboy dribble.

>Posts his own biased fanboy dribble.

Btw, the X1 isn't a powerful console. Do you even pc game in the slightest?

lol Xbox1 is powerful but who the fck in their right minds would get one instead of building a rig? We know Ryse and Titanfall are already bound to end up on PC. Halo 5 won't be any different. What sense does owning an xbone make? None!

Avatar image for Douevenlift_bro
Douevenlift_bro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Douevenlift_bro
Member since 2013 • 6804 Posts

@shawn30 said:

Bravo!!! Bravo!!!

You gave one while looking for an appropriate pic and posting and adding exccalmation marks to your post. I think you're crying

Avatar image for Douevenlift_bro
Douevenlift_bro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Douevenlift_bro
Member since 2013 • 6804 Posts
@blackace said:

Says OP posted a long post, adds his own long post

Moron LMAO.

mrintro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#31  Edited By mrintro
Member since 2004 • 1354 Posts

thread of the year

pete420630

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#32 pete420630
Member since 2005 • 98 Posts

dont be to sure of it microsoft has a entertament system that playes games. only about a handful of people pay attention to specs just saying im gettin xbox one first because i dont have much time to game but instead of it collecting dust i can use it for fantasy football and tv intergration and also plays games 8 times better than 360 so im happy. ps4 will be awsome also killzone looks great but im getting the system that i can use and wife and kids. so game on!!gamer for life

XxR3m1xInHDn3D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By XxR3m1xInHDn3D
Member since 2013 • 2365 Posts

tldr but A+ for effort

John_Matherson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 John_Matherson

@mrintro said:

thread of the year

Why, thank you.

Tessellation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Tessellation
Member since 2009 • 9297 Posts

nice wall of opinions and 24/7 no life on a forum defending a plastic object.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

epic tears from lems in this thread

10/10 would read again.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

I'm just going to guess that most of these aren't factual

John_Matherson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 John_Matherson

@lostrib said:

They actually are. The thread doesn't reflect my opinion but narrates things that have happened. That's why it's factual.

NineTailedGoku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 NineTailedGoku
Member since 2012 • 1977 Posts

@clone01 said:

@John_Matherson said:

@shawn30 said:

Bravo!!! Bravo!!!

Once again, Mr. Manticore Clone 01 in the trenches with the Lems, yet no where to be found when Lems are Lemming it up. Coincidence, definitely not. Just admit you're a Lem Clone. Embrace it instead of hiding it lol.

John_Matherson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 John_Matherson

@NineTailedGoku said:

@clone01 said:

@John_Matherson said:

@shawn30 said:

Bravo!!! Bravo!!!

Once again, Mr. Manticore Clone 01 in the trenches with the Lems, yet no where to be found when Lems are Lemming it up. Coincidence, definitely not. Just admit you're a Lem Clone. Embrace it instead of hiding it lol.

Clone tries to get under people's skin. I just ignore him.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 clone01

@NineTailedGoku said:

@clone01 said:

@John_Matherson said:

@shawn30 said:

Bravo!!! Bravo!!!

Still can't provide proof I am, ikingbobi. What a sad little fanboy you are.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 lostrib

@John_Matherson said:

@lostrib said:

They actually are. The thread doesn't reflect my opinion but narrates things that have happened. That's why it's factual.

no idea, didn't read. But using facts, and then misinterpreting those facts does not make your thread factual

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By clone01

@John_Matherson said:

@NineTailedGoku said:

@clone01 said:

@John_Matherson said:

@shawn30 said:

Bravo!!! Bravo!!!

Clone tries to get under people's skin. I just ignore him.

Hey, Brohan! What's your gamertag? Let's play some Gears!

NineTailedGoku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 NineTailedGoku
Member since 2012 • 1977 Posts

@clone01 said:

@John_Matherson said:

@blackace said:

You guys are killing me

Yet you don't have shit to say when Lems make fanboyish threads. Why should he listen to you?

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By clone01

@NineTailedGoku said:

@clone01 said:

@John_Matherson said:

@blackace said:

You guys are killing me

Yet you don't have shit to say when Lems make fanboyish threads. Why should he listen to you?

Burden of proof is on you, ikingbobi. Sad fanboy is still sad. Do you need to go whine about your ban in the push forums now?

John_Matherson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 John_Matherson

@lostrib said:

@John_Matherson said:

@lostrib said:

no idea, didn't read. But using facts, and then misinterpreting those facts does not make your thread factual

How did I misinterprete? I used facts to suggest a pattern and show that the PS4 is just on course to win the next gen. I used facts to make a speculation. There's a difference between opinions and speculations. Oh and you actually have a special mention in the OP. Only if you read it, but chances are you already had your nose squeezed before you came into this thread.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By lostrib

@John_Matherson said:

@lostrib said:

@John_Matherson said:

@lostrib said:

How did I misinterprete? I used facts to suggest a pattern and show that the PS4 is just on course to win the next gen. I used facts to make a speculation. There's a difference between opinions and speculations. Oh and you actually have a special mention in the OP. Only if you read it, but chances are you already had your nose squeezed before you came into this thread.

tl;dr

bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#48 bbkkristian
Member since 2008 • 14971 Posts

Real Reason why PS4 will win next gen: bro gamers and cows overhype hardware and shooter games.

John_Matherson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 John_Matherson

@bbkkristian said:

Real Reason why PS4 will win next gen: bro gamers and cows overhype hardware and shooter games.

Lol those reasons apply to Xbox One. 360 has all the HaloGEARSFORZAPGR+COD bro games. The PS3 has Uncharted (not a bro game), Heavy rain (not a bro game), Beyond 2 souls (non bro)

Try again.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By lostrib

@John_Matherson said:

@bbkkristian said:

Lol those reasons apply to Xbox One. 360 has all the HaloGEARSFORZAPGR+COD bro games. The PS3 has Uncharted (not a bro game), Heavy rain (not a bro game), Beyond 2 souls (non bro)

Try again.

PS3 has COD