7Days: An Indie horror game that you all should try

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by XVision84 (13632 posts) -

Download: http://gamejolt.com/games/adventure/7days/14592/

Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agz_r2SKzXI

Steam Greenlight: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=144385461&searchtext=

I just got done playing this game, and it's great! Great Indie game, pretty scary too.

It's games like these that really show how great Greenlight is.

#2 Posted by XVision84 (13632 posts) -

Don't click the download link, copy-paste it, it won't let me link properly.

#3 Posted by Valiant_Rebel (4197 posts) -

That looks decent. I'll probably try it out later.

#4 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38216 posts) -

Yeah I played it. It's alright, not the greatest thing ever but there are a few scares to be had

#5 Posted by XVision84 (13632 posts) -

Yeah I played it. It's alright, not the greatest thing ever but there are a few scares to be had

seanmcloughlin

I don't have too much experience with these games (only this and Amnesia) but I'm definitely digging the genre after those 2.

#6 Posted by lostrib (36959 posts) -

no thanks

#7 Posted by Valiant_Rebel (4197 posts) -

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

XVision84

I don't have too much experience with these games (only this and Amnesia) but I'm definitely digging the genre after those 2.

Amnesia is one of the defining games of the genre, since it's currently small.

SCP Containment Breach is a good one to try. A lot of it is still in development and you may experience some bugs, but it's playable to the end. The SCP wiki has some interesting reads if you want to expand on that.

Kraven Manor is short, but an interesting one to try as well.

#8 Posted by XVision84 (13632 posts) -

[QUOTE="XVision84"]

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

Valiant_Rebel

SCP Containment Breach is a good one to try. A lot of it is still in development and you may experience some bugs, but it's playable to the end. The SCP wiki has some interesting reads if you want to expand on that.

Thanks for the suggestions :)

I'm downloading them now, I'll give them a try.

#9 Posted by Valiant_Rebel (4197 posts) -

[QUOTE="Valiant_Rebel"]

[QUOTE="XVision84"]

XVision84

Thanks for the suggestions :)

I'm downloading them now, I'll give them a try.

For a different approach, you can try Ib and The Witch's House. Ib has better mechanics, but The Witch's House has a better story. They both have different endings, so be sure to exhaust them after your first playthrough.

#10 Posted by Goyoshi12 (9687 posts) -

[QUOTE="XVision84"]

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

Valiant_Rebel

Can I also suggest Cry of Fear? It recently got released on Steam for free and it's got some good scares here and there along with some psychological f*ck ups and it's got a pretty cool (albeit bittersweet) story to it.

#11 Posted by RedCore119 (276 posts) -

This ios what i think

tumblr_lz53edENBN1qzh1f6.gif

#12 Posted by Joedgabe (5111 posts) -

was this made with minecraft? :lol:

#13 Posted by RedCore119 (276 posts) -

This is what i think

tumblr_lz53edENBN1qzh1f6.gif

RedCore119

Check your spelling Fatty

#14 Posted by Valiant_Rebel (4197 posts) -

[QUOTE="RedCore119"]

This is what i think

RedCore119

You have an edit message function.

#15 Posted by Goyoshi12 (9687 posts) -

[QUOTE="RedCore119"]

[QUOTE="RedCore119"]

This is what i think

Valiant_Rebel

You have an edit message function.

That or he forgot to take his medications today.

#16 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38216 posts) -

[QUOTE="Valiant_Rebel"]

[QUOTE="XVision84"]

Goyoshi12

Can I also suggest Cry of Fear? It recently got released on Steam for free and it's got some good scares here and there along with some psychological f*ck ups and it's got a pretty cool (albeit bittersweet) story to it.

I have a let's play of it up and the game started off soooooo strong but it's annoying the fvck out of me now. They made some weird ass design choices near the end.

Also Xvision since you liked Amnesia then you HAVE to play the Penumbra games. Some people think they're even better than Amnesia. 

#17 Posted by Goyoshi12 (9687 posts) -

[QUOTE="Goyoshi12"]

[QUOTE="Valiant_Rebel"]

seanmcloughlin

I have a let's play of it up and the game started off soooooo strong but it's annoying the fvck out of me now. They made some weird ass design choices near the end.

Also Xvision since you liked Amnesia then you HAVE to play the Penumbra games. Some people think they're even better than Amnesia. 

What part are you on? I completed it not too long ago so I may be able to help you out.

#18 Posted by lightleggy (15971 posts) -

[QUOTE="XVision84"]

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

Valiant_Rebel

Is SCP that game where you are chased by some sort of giant teddy bear who has absolutely no animations so he just stands motionless while he has to teleport to move?
#19 Posted by lightleggy (15971 posts) -

[QUOTE="Goyoshi12"]

[QUOTE="Valiant_Rebel"]

seanmcloughlin

If someone tells me that Penumbra is better than Amnesia, I would inmediatly stop believing anything they have to say.
#20 Posted by Valiant_Rebel (4197 posts) -

[QUOTE="Valiant_Rebel"]

[QUOTE="XVision84"]

lightleggy

Is SCP that game where you are chased by some sort of giant teddy bear who has absolutely no animations so he just stands motionless while he has to teleport to move?

That be the one, but the official name is Containment Breach since SCP is the name of the...uh, series? Franchise? Don't know how to label it since it's not really owned by any one person or group.

It's inanimate because it's a concrete statue. The reason for his "teleportation" is that he can't move when someone makes eye contact with it. When eye contact is broken, it will snap the neck or strangle the nearest person until it dies.

As of recently, it's now the game with the teddy bear, radical larry, the evil musical score, book of diseases, the zombies, the zombie gas, the shy guy, the roll of weed, the A.I., the dangerous reptile thing, the jaded ring, the transmutation machine, the hallucinogen coffin and its monitors, the plague doctor, the vision troll, and last, but defintely not least, the butt ghost.

#21 Posted by freedomfreak (40570 posts) -
Looks like I'm Scared.