62% of Japanese Gamers Want Next Dragon Quest on PS4

• 50 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by Sweenix (5074 posts) -

62% of Japanese Gamers Want Next Dragon Quest on PS4, 8% on WiiU, 1% on Xbox One According to Poll

http://www.dualshockers.com/2013/11/05/62-of-japanese-gamers-want-next-dragon-quest-on-ps4-8-on-wiiu-1-on-xbox-one-according-to-poll/

Hopefully square puts the next dragon quest game on ps4.

#2 Edited by Sagem28 (10498 posts) -

They'll probably stick to handhelds.
They're all the rage in Japan.

#3 Posted by Krelian-co (9071 posts) -

Please yes, dragon quest viii was incredible.

#4 Edited by Sweenix (5074 posts) -

@Sagem28 said:

A fully fledged console dragon quest game though :/

It needs to happen.

#5 Posted by Sagem28 (10498 posts) -

@Sweenix said:

@Sagem28 said:

It needs to happen.

Oh, I agree.
But it's Square we're talking about here.

I doubt it will happen.

#6 Posted by Sweenix (5074 posts) -

@Sagem28 said:

@Sweenix said:

@Sagem28 said:

It needs to happen.

Oh, I agree.

But it's Square we're talking about here.

I doubt it will happen.

Well, we are getting versus and kingdom hearts.. so maybe :)

And kingdom hearts was in the same situation as dragon quest.

#7 Posted by Gue1 (8075 posts) -

the best Dragon Quest games were on PlayStation after all just like FF. Except for DQIII which was the one that made the franchise to explode in popularity.

#8 Edited by Crossel777 (5593 posts) -

As do we all. Square-Enix wont listen though, they are incredibly blind and stupid when it comes to these things. For some reason they just don't like money.

#9 Posted by KungfuKitten (20408 posts) -

Just put it on PC.

#10 Posted by Heil68 (40395 posts) -

Hope so, I would buy and support it.

#11 Posted by X_CAPCOM_X (5961 posts) -

I hope it isn't turn-based and does something really creative/original (if they do make it)

#12 Posted by charizard1605 (52551 posts) -

The 3DS wasn't mentioned on that poll as an option. Literally the only reason it did not win.

#13 Edited by Shewgenja (6815 posts) -

Console Dragon Quest is best Dragon Quest.

#14 Posted by Shottayouth13- (6581 posts) -

The next DragonQuest sequel will be iOS exclusive.

#15 Posted by iambatman7986 (333 posts) -

That would be amazing, but I see them sticking to handhelds. Nothing can touch the 3ds in japan.

#16 Posted by SinjinSmythe (789 posts) -

@Sweenix said:

62% of Japanese Gamers Want Next Dragon Quest on PS4, 8% on WiiU, 1% on Xbox One According to Poll

http://www.dualshockers.com/2013/11/05/62-of-japanese-gamers-want-next-dragon-quest-on-ps4-8-on-wiiu-1-on-xbox-one-according-to-poll/

lol, cows begging for games thread. Sad.

#17 Edited by cfisher2833 (1183 posts) -

Not gonna happen. Japanese kids/teens play on their 3DS and Dragon Quest is designed for Japanese children/teens.

#18 Posted by ihsanqueen (866 posts) -

@Sweenix said:

What the f*** is wrong with gamers begging for games??

Oh, I see, while we're begging more games to be released on our platform, you lemmings are begging Microsoft to release more PizzaHut and Doritos app, so that's why Microsoft first party are so terrible compares to Sony and Nintendo, their fanbase are bunch of idiots MS didn't know what games they should make for them

#19 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (11003 posts) -

Atleast some of them have good taste. DQ8 is still the pinnacle. #Dealwithit.

#20 Posted by SinjinSmythe (789 posts) -

@SinjinSmythe said:

@Sweenix said:

Oh, I see, while we're begging more games to be released on our platform, you lemmings are begging Microsoft to release more PizzaHut and Doritos app, so that's why Microsoft first party are so terrible compares to Sony and Nintendo, their fanbase are bunch of idiots MS didn't know what games they should make for them

Cows prance around saying how great their "greatness" is and the all powerful PS4. Yet..............they beg for games. That's what's wrong with it. If your choice of system is so good then don't come on here boasting how great it is when it has no games.

Don't spew your advertising shit on me.

#21 Edited by lamprey263 (20988 posts) -

were they given a 3DS option?

#22 Edited by madsnakehhh (13915 posts) -

As much as i would love to have it on the PS4 (since i can't wait to see next gen JRPGs) i'm almost sure that we will have it on 3DS.

#23 Posted by ihsanqueen (866 posts) -

@ihsanqueen said:

@SinjinSmythe said:

@Sweenix said:

Cows prance around saying how great their "greatness" is and the all powerful PS4. Yet..............they beg for games. That's what's wrong with it. If your choice of system is so good then don't come on here boasting how great it is when it has no games.

You still haven't answered my questions though, whats wrong with begging for more games? Have you played Dragon Quest VIII? DQ VIII are really good RPG, but because Square Enix low on money they chose to reduce the scope for DQ IX and released it for handeld. Thats why I'm pretty excited to hear a chance Dragon Quest return to home console.

I don't even said how PS4 are so great and powerful, yet you're talkin about it....

Lol at talking about PS4 has no games, maybe I think I can understand a little bit if you said few exclusive launch titles, but has no games it just hilarious, it launch with 22 games pfft

#24 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (11003 posts) -

@SinjinSmythe said:

@ihsanqueen said:

@SinjinSmythe said:

@Sweenix said:

Xbox could have certainly done with begging for more games at the tail end of this gen, lol...

All dem live dollars went to waste on a new controller that isn't quite as good as the DS4 I guess, such a shame.

#25 Posted by Joedgabe (4987 posts) -

@Sweenix said:

you probably didn't know this but Dragon Quest is also a Play station title, it hasn't shown up lately on playstation but it is a likely title there. There's nothing sadder than begging for games to fail honestly... which is what a lot of fanboys do in the first place.. mostly lemmings.... cows boast like no tomorrow about everything but lemmings sit in the corner chanting rituals for everything but xbox games to fail... they're all really sad really. I'm not mentioning the Sheep because they're already a sad bunch as it is.

#26 Posted by charizard1605 (52551 posts) -

No

As much as i would love to have it on the PS4 (since i can't wait to see next gen JRPGs) i'm almost sure that we will have it on 3DS.

That, or (shoot me) smartphones

@Joedgabe said:

you probably didn't know this but Dragon Quest is also a Play station title, it hasn't shown up lately on playstation but it is a likely title there. There's nothing sadder than begging for games to fail honestly... which is what a lot of fanboys do in the first place.. mostly lemmings.... cows boast like no tomorrow about everything but lemmings sit in the corner chanting rituals for everything but xbox games to fail... they're all really sad really. I'm not mentioning the Sheep because they're already a sad bunch as it is.

Dragon Quest is not a PlayStation title. Only two Dragon Quest games ever showed up on PlayStation (and one of those got a Nintendo release later too), everything else was Nintendo.

#27 Posted by Lucianu (9214 posts) -

Atleast some of them have good taste. DQ8 is still the pinnacle. #Dealwithit.

Nope, that would be Dragon Quest 5, which still has the most unique storytelling, plot and character progression in the series to date.

#28 Edited by SinjinSmythe (789 posts) -

@Joedgabe said:

@SinjinSmythe said:

@Sweenix said:

You probably don't know this but Metal Gear was a Nintendo title. Do you see them crying for it back?

#29 Posted by HarlockJC (25546 posts) -

I would be willing to bet the reason why DQ is a Nintendo only game now is the contract that allows Square to use Nintendo IPs. As long as Square keeps making games using Nintendo IP, I don't think the game will change to Sony.

#30 Posted by 1oh1nine1 (779 posts) -

Doesn't Dragon Quest follow the install base anyway? So it'll go to whichever console has the most units sold.

#31 Posted by SinjinSmythe (789 posts) -

@SinjinSmythe said:

@ihsanqueen said:

@SinjinSmythe said:

@Sweenix said:

You still haven't answered my questions though, whats wrong with begging for more games? Have you played Dragon Quest VIII? DQ VIII are really good RPG, but because Square Enix low on money they chose to reduce the scope for DQ IX and released it for handeld. Thats why I'm pretty excited to hear a chance Dragon Quest return to home console.

I don't even said how PS4 are so great and powerful, yet you're talkin about it....

Lol at talking about PS4 has no games, maybe I think I can understand a little bit if you said few exclusive launch titles, but has no games it just hilarious, it launch with 22 games pfft

I did answer your question. I don't think you understood it. There is no home console. It is where the money talks. Every console loses games.

Yes lol again to the PS4 game line up. 22 is just a number. When you look inside that number you see KZ at the top followed by multiplats and tons of indies. Very weak and a very poor experience.

#32 Posted by charizard1605 (52551 posts) -

I would be willing to bet the reason why DQ is a Nintendo only game now is the contract that allows Square to use Nintendo IPs. As long as Square keeps making games using Nintendo IP, I don't think the game will change to Sony.

Square uses Nintendo IP? What? Where?

Doesn't Dragon Quest follow the install base anyway? So it'll go to whichever console has the most units sold.

Therefore, 3DS.

You probably don't know this but Metal Gear was a Nintendo title. Do you see them crying for it back?

Actually, it wasn't a Nintendo title, it was an MCX title first and foremost, and the NES just got an outsourced port.

#33 Posted by Desmonic (10225 posts) -

As awesome as an HD Dragon Quest would be, it's no gonna happen. 99% chance of it staying on the 3DS with the occasional spin off on the WiiU and/or Vita.

#34 Edited by good_sk8er7 (4235 posts) -

100% of good_sk8er7's want the next Dragon Quest on PS4, or consoles at the very least.

DQ8 is a favorite of mine.

#35 Posted by GhoX (4546 posts) -

It's too obvious. Virtually everyone in Japan owns a 3DS. =/

#36 Posted by HarlockJC (25546 posts) -

@charizard1605: Many times off the top of my head the Mario Hoops and Fortune Street.

#37 Edited by charizard1605 (52551 posts) -

@charizard1605: Many times off the top of my head the Mario Hoops and Fortune Street.

But those are games published by Nintendo, so it's more of a partnership. What you said would imply something like Mario appearing in a Kingdom Hearts or Final Fantasy game

#38 Edited by HarlockJC (25546 posts) -

@HarlockJC said:

But those are games published by Nintendo, so it's more of a partnership. What you said would imply something like Mario appearing in a Kingdom Hearts or Final Fantasy game

In a way that what Fortune Street is. Square is still using Nintendo IP, like the case with that Mario all sports game Square made. Square either paying to use Nintendo IP, such as the case with the Mario DDR or Nintendo allows them to make the games in return they publish the DQ games. It could just be a win win for both of them.

#39 Posted by PsychoLemons (1696 posts) -

Out of curiosity. What is the best-selling Dragon Quest game?

#40 Edited by charizard1605 (52551 posts) -

Out of curiosity. What is the best-selling Dragon Quest game?

Dragon Quest IX, with 4.9 million copies sold in Japan, and another 1.4 million sold worldwide. The total comes to 6.3 million copies sold worldwide.

#41 Posted by treedoor (7478 posts) -
#42 Posted by AcidTango (338 posts) -

It would be cool of seeing a new Dragon Quest on a home console. Too bad the latest one which was DQ X was some stupid MMO. I'm glad it's only in Japan. But ether way it seems that only a system like the 3DS will get a bigger chance of getting a new DQ then the PS4 since JRPGs do well in handhelds today. Still waiting for DQ VII remake to come to North America.

#43 Posted by JamDev (970 posts) -

A full fledged traditional DQ game on next gen would be amazing, seems very unlikely though.

Square seem to have strongly attached the IP to Nintendo and every DQ game since 8 has moved away from the traditional design.

Would love it to happen, but not holding out much hope.

#44 Posted by Link3301 (1673 posts) -

@Krelian-co:

You do realize that won't make the game any better just because it is on PS4? Right.

#45 Edited by -Unreal- (24446 posts) -

What about the weeaboos like yourself?

#46 Edited by Cherokee_Jack (32198 posts) -

Obviously 3DS is next. There is no suitcase full of money Sony can give SE that will dissuade them from those 13 million Japanese 3DSes (probably 15 mil by the time they're ready to launch a new DQ)

@Link3301 said:

You do realize that won't make the game any better just because it is on PS4? Right.

It means they can make a larger, more densely-detailed, seamless world, like DQ 8 was compared to the earlier games. That sounds pretty exciting to me.

#47 Posted by da_illest101 (7328 posts) -

DQ8 left such a bad taste in my mouth that I hope it never happens

#48 Edited by charizard1605 (52551 posts) -

Obviously 3DS is next. There is no suitcase full of money Sony can give SE that will dissuade them from those 13 million Japanese 3DSes (probably 15 mil by the time they're ready to launch a new DQ)

@Link3301 said:

It means they can make a larger, more densely-detailed, seamless world, like DQ 8 was compared to the earlier games. That sounds pretty exciting to me.

To be fair, that can be achieved on 3DS just as well. A PS2 level seamlessly connected world, I mean.

#49 Posted by Midnightshade29 (5134 posts) -

The next DragonQuest sequel will be iOS exclusive.

Unfortunatly with square i can see this being the case :( If they can't even translate FF13 -agito...uggh

#50 Edited by OreoMilkshake (12718 posts) -

100% of Square wants it on smart phones.