6 hour access is there for Dragon Age

This topic is locked from further discussion.

xxyetixx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 xxyetixx
Member since 2004 • 3041 Posts

Just a heads up Dragon Age is up on EA Access for the 6 hour trial. Once I accessed it through the EA hub it had the option to buy it, but if you slide over and actually select the cover art of Dragon Age it brings up the free trial option...downloading now....thanks you EA

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52426 Posts

When does it release?

Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts

@freedomfreak: 18th in US i think

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 freedomfreak
@blue_hazy_basic said:

18th in US i think

Merci. This is nice then.

Still, it can also be seen as a ruthless tease. 6 hours is enough to get yourself into it. Kinda sucks to have that be taken away then, even if it is for a few days until release.

xxyetixx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 xxyetixx
Member since 2004 • 3041 Posts

@freedomfreak: yeah but if you buy the game all your progress transfers

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By freedomfreak
@xxyetixx said:

yeah but if you buy the game all your progress transfers

It darn well better :p

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts
@farrell2k said:

No way in hell I am paying $60 for an EA game, so I am going to give it a year before I even bother looking at it.

who still pays $60 for a game

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

@lostrib said:
@farrell2k said:

No way in hell I am paying $60 for an EA game, so I am going to give it a year before I even bother looking at it.

I do, not always but it happens

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#11 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

Indeed and the game starts out fantastic, I hope it maintains its momentum for a while after the intro part, but I'm not too worried as I loved the first 2 games and this one is getting solid reviews so far. Only thing is I regret having played an hour wihout going through Dragon Keep first, so I am going to finish that now and import my decisions and start over

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60713 Posts

I may try this,,,

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

This game is awesome. and even far superior on PC

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

is this only for xbone or pc too? looking on origin and can't find anything but "buy the game, believe the hype" spam ads all over the place

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By silversix_

@silversix_ said:

is this only for xbone or pc too? looking on origin and can't find anything but "buy the game, believe the hype" spam ads all over the place

pffft this nerd thought ea gave a 6h rial for free

Avatar image for deactivated-594be627b82ba
deactivated-594be627b82ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#16 deactivated-594be627b82ba
Member since 2006 • 8405 Posts

@lostrib said:
@farrell2k said:

If you live in canada like me it's $70 -__- I miss paying $60

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17  Edited By GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

@da_illest101 said:

@lostrib said:
@farrell2k said:

If you live in canada like me it's $70 -__- I miss paying $60

Think yourself lucky, they want £49.99 in the UK, that's over $80. The really wierd thing is that's for the digital download from Origin and Amazon but Amazon are also selling the disc version for £39.85 with free posting. How this is worked out, I'll never know.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#18  Edited By Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

Excited to give it a whirl

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60713 Posts

Ive thought of this further and for certain game i think i'd want to wait for full release as to not spoil the experience.

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 darkangel115
Member since 2013 • 4562 Posts

@lostrib said:
@farrell2k said:

Me, who the hell wants to wait a year to play a game they want to save 20 bucks lol. no Thanks i'll pay my 60 and enjoy it right away.

Bishop1310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Bishop1310
Member since 2007 • 1274 Posts

pumped to try this too. This could be one of my first big digital purchases on the x1 besides some indies.

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By darkangel115

@farrell2k said:

@darkangel115 said:

@lostrib said:
@farrell2k said:

Me, who the hell wants to wait a year to play a game they want to save 20 bucks lol. no Thanks i'll pay my 60 and enjoy it right away.

Dopes like you are the reason games are expensive.

60 bucks is not expensive. not for playing something that cost millions to make. You know how much it is to take a family of 4 to the movies for 2 hours of entertainment? about 60 bucks for the tickets alone plus add another 40-50 on food and drinks. 60 dollar games nets you hundreds of hours of entertainment that's available whenever you want in your own home. a 3d Blu ray? usually found for about 30 bucks for again 2 hours of watching. some cost up to 50 bucks. dinner for 4 at a decent restaurant? your looking at over 100 dollars. I guess its all relative, but games haven't went up in prices in 20+ years really. when you account for inflation they are actually cheaper then they used to and the cost to make them has gone up 20-30 times what it used to cost as well.

Dopes like you are the reason we seen online passes from EA/Ubi, Day 1 DLC, locked content on disc. and micro-transactions. all because some people refuse to pay 60 dollars for a game. I'm sorry but unless your saving up an allowance, 60 dollars shouldn't be an issue and if it is, maybe you should find a cheaper hobby. Nobody is "entitled" to be able to buy every game they want. its that immature attitude that ruins gaming, the internet, and why the latest generation of kids are flat out lazy and entitled.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By silversix_

@farrell2k said:

@darkangel115 said:

@farrell2k said:

@darkangel115 said:

@lostrib said:
@farrell2k said:

60 bucks is not expensive. not for playing something that cost millions to make. You know how much it is to take a family of 4 to the movies for 2 hours of entertainment? about 60 bucks for the tickets alone plus add another 40-50 on food and drinks. 60 dollar games nets you hundreds of hours of entertainment that's available whenever you want in your own home. a 3d Blu ray? usually found for about 30 bucks for again 2 hours of watching. some cost up to 50 bucks. dinner for 4 at a decent restaurant? your looking at over 100 dollars. I guess its all relative, but games haven't went up in prices in 20+ years really. when you account for inflation they are actually cheaper then they used to and the cost to make them has gone up 20-30 times what it used to cost as well.

Dopes like you are the reason we seen online passes from EA/Ubi, Day 1 DLC, locked content on disc. and micro-transactions. all because some people refuse to pay 60 dollars for a game. I'm sorry but unless your saving up an allowance, 60 dollars shouldn't be an issue and if it is, maybe you should find a cheaper hobby. Nobody is "entitled" to be able to buy every game they want. its that immature attitude that ruins gaming, the internet, and why the latest generation of kids are flat out lazy and entitled.

I like how you grasped at straws to justify your position. I stopped reading after the first sentence with your goofy analogy. $60 is too expensive for a video game because I say so. Don't like it? Put your head in your pillow and cry about it.

i think he just destroyed you. you seem to have zero valid arguments against his so you're just closing your eyes (reason for not reading his post past the first sentence *even tho we all know you did*) and pretend nothing happened. Did you hear what he said? YOU are the reason we see online passes from EA/Ubi, Day 1 DLC, locked content on disc. and micro-transactions!!!!! Ouch this hurts, i can feel your pain already

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@silversix_ said:

@farrell2k said:

@darkangel115 said:

@farrell2k said:

@darkangel115 said:

@lostrib said:

I like how you grasped at straws to justify your position. I stopped reading after the first sentence with your goofy analogy. $60 is too expensive for a video game because I say so. Don't like it? Put your head in your pillow and cry about it.

i think he just destroyed you. you seem to have zero valid arguments against his so you're just closing your eyes (reason for not reading his post past the first sentence *even tho we all know you did*) and pretend nothing happened. Did you hear what he said? YOU are the reason we see online passes from EA/Ubi, Day 1 DLC, locked content on disc. and micro-transactions!!!!! Ouch this hurts, i can feel your pain already

Wow...all i meant was that I buy games on release at lower than $60...

Avatar image for princeofshapeir
princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#27 princeofshapeir
Member since 2006 • 16652 Posts

@farrell2k said:

@darkangel115 said:

Wow. Just wow.

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 darkangel115

@farrell2k said:

@darkangel115 said:

@farrell2k said:

@darkangel115 said:

@lostrib said:
@farrell2k said:

as you can see from the other responses below yours, your 100% wrong. why would i cry about it lol. 60 dollars might be too expensive for you personally, but its not too expensive in general. So if you can't afford to buy a game, you go cry about because they aren't getting any cheaper. and since most big games sell in the millions, obviously there are tons of other gamers out there who feel like 60 dollars is ok

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 darkangel115

@lostrib said:

@silversix_ said:

@farrell2k said:

@darkangel115 said:

@farrell2k said:

@darkangel115 said:

@lostrib said:

nothing bad was directed at you FYI, i just said i do as i prefer buying my games on consoles. Yeah if you buy the PC versions you can usually save a few bucks. Either way its irrelevant to the little cry baby complaining that games are too expensive when i showed them how cheap they are for what you get

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 silversix_

@lostrib said:

@silversix_ said:

@farrell2k said:

@darkangel115 said:

@farrell2k said:

@darkangel115 said:

@lostrib said:

lol im not talking about you but @farrell2k who doesn't read posts but respond to them

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#32  Edited By blueinheaven
Member since 2008 • 5554 Posts

@darkangel115 said:

@farrell2k said:

@darkangel115 said:

@lostrib said:
@farrell2k said:

This is one of the best posts I've seen on here in a long time.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 silversix_

@farrell2k: wowow calm down and take a deep breath hah. You got DEMOLISHED. You will have a hard time sleeping today but tomorrow everything will be alright.

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 darkangel115

@blueinheaven said:

@darkangel115 said:

@farrell2k said:

@darkangel115 said:

@lostrib said:
@farrell2k said:

This is one of the best posts I've seen on here in a long time.

Thank you very much :)

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By darkangel115
@silversix_ said:

@farrell2k: wowow calm down and take a deep breath hah. You got DEMOLISHED. You will have a hard time sleeping today but tomorrow everything will be alright.

lol IDK he sounds like he might not sleep for weeks.

@farrell2k said:

@silversix_ said:

@farrell2k said:

@darkangel115 said:

Yeah, you could go to the movies and spend $60 or you could go to a restaurant and spend $60. That means $60 isn't too much!!!!11oeneoneeojnm

STFU and GTFO.

it means the price per hour of entertainment is significantly lower in games then most other hobbies.

how about you go spend 100 million dollars of your own money to make a game, then see how you feel when some little kid cries that 60 dollars to play it is too much ;)

Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Spartan070
Member since 2004 • 16497 Posts

@lostrib said:
@farrell2k said:

I paid $70, happily. Deluxe Edition. Actually $140, I bought my sis a copy also.

santoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#38 santoron
Member since 2006 • 8584 Posts

LolSWdrama...

I've tried to get pumped up for this game (would love a good, lengthy RPG) but I just can't. DA2 was terrible, and the original was no classic. It does look nice, but I'll wait awhile for trusted user opinions.

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 darkangel115

@farrell2k said:
@darkangel115 said:

it means the price per hour of entertainment is significantly lower in games then most other hobbies.

how about you go spend 100 million dollars of your own money to make a game, then see how you feel when some little kid cries that 60 dollars to play it is too much ;)

I have a better idea. I'll not and just complain that $60 is too much, because it is! You dopes are willing to pay that much when you could be paying less.

lol by waiting 6 months? by buying used? by pirating games? going to PC? none of those options are even remotely worth the money saved for me. Its not dumb to buy something that gives you hundreds of hours of entertainment for 60 bucks. How is somebody having a hobby dumb? hobbies are supposed to be done with disposable income. 60 bucks isn't that big of a deal. Your gonna have a harsh reality check when you grow up my friend. Us, as gamers should support the people who make these games, because if we don't the games won't come. they'll find new ways of money. F2P BS, MTs, DLCs, locked content etc etc. It would be like saying why are you going to buy that painting for 100 bucks. wait until the artist is out of business and you can buy it for 5 bucks. yeah that might be true, but then the artist will stop painting because it isn't worth it and you can't get more paintings. As gamers we need to speak with our wallets. and that decides where the industry goes. Every time you refuse to buy a game because its 60 dollars, your causing a ripple effect that screws over the hobby you supposedly love.

Zethrickk382

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Zethrickk382
Member since 2013 • 480 Posts

@darkangel115 said:

@farrell2k said:

@darkangel115 said:

@lostrib said:
@farrell2k said:

Solid post, would read again.

Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Spartan070
Member since 2004 • 16497 Posts

@darkangel115 said:

Post of the year?

10/10 I'd nominate.

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By darkangel115

@Zethrickk382 said:

@darkangel115 said:

@farrell2k said:

@darkangel115 said:

@lostrib said:
@farrell2k said:

Solid post, would read again.

@Spartan070 said:

@darkangel115 said:

Post of the year?

10/10 I'd nominate.

dam, didn't expect all the positive responses. usually someone being rational around here gets shit responses. but you guys..... faith in humanity on the internet restored +1

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 darkangel115

@farrell2k said:

@Spartan070 said:

@darkangel115 said:

Post of the year?

10/10 I'd nominate.

Post of the year? You dopes think it is lack of sales from people who refuse to pay $60 for a game that is the cause for micro-transactions?! Yeah, that's it. These companies instead of wanting to squeeze every penny out of you they can, are just trying to make up for lost sales from those who won't pay full price. Jesus Christ. It's like the blind leading the blind...

@darkangel115 said:

@farrell2k said:
@darkangel115 said:

I have a better idea. I'll not and just complain that $60 is too much, because it is! You dopes are willing to pay that much when you could be paying less.

lol by waiting 6 months? by buying used? by pirating games? going to PC? none of those options are even remotely worth the money saved for me. Its not dumb to buy something that gives you hundreds of hours of entertainment for 60 bucks. How is somebody having a hobby dumb? hobbies are supposed to be done with disposable income. 60 bucks isn't that big of a deal. Your gonna have a harsh reality check when you grow up my friend. Us, as gamers should support the people who make these games, because if we don't the games won't come. they'll find new ways of money. F2P BS, MTs, DLCs, locked content etc etc. It would be like saying why are you going to buy that painting for 100 bucks. wait until the artist is out of business and you can buy it for 5 bucks. yeah that might be true, but then the artist will stop painting because it isn't worth it and you can't get more paintings. As gamers we need to speak with our wallets. and that decides where the industry goes. Every time you refuse to buy a game because its 60 dollars, your causing a ripple effect that screws over the hobby you supposedly love.

Your argument clearly demonstrates that you do not properly understand the value of money. Hell, my car provides me with thousands of hours of usefulness, but that doesn't mean I am willing to pay sticker price for it. Maybe when you dopes grow up and actually pay for things like a mortgage, insurance, health care costs, etc, instead of living off of mom and dad, you will understand.

lol i pay for all those, and the market dictates car and house prices, they fluctuate based on the market. thats why there is KBB who gives you a fair purchase price based on the market and value of the car. Also cars and houses are a necessity and large expenses. gaming is a hobby/form of entertainment. comparing a hobby that cost 60 dollars to a car that cost over 50k is a poor analogy at best. houses and cars have also gone up in value in the past 20 years. Houses are an asset that gain value. There is a huge difference. what you are saying is to walk into walmart to buy a game, see it cost 60 bucks and go **** you its not worth it and storm out. I understand the value of money. I'm sorry if you can't afford a game, but it doesn't mean that 60 dollars isn't a fair purchase price because it is. TO use your analogy, a game cost lets say 100 million to make. you pay 60 dollars to use it for life. So by your account you should be able to buy a 100 million dollar mansion by paying them 60 dollars to use it as much as you want as long as you want and its a rip off. You are just flat out wrong here man.