50mil for extra content in gta4

This topic is locked from further discussion.

chewy130

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 chewy130
Member since 2006 • 643 Posts

wow..i wont even say its worth it. and its not even free you gotta pay for it in marketplace dont you?

chewy130

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 chewy130
50mil for something most people wont even buy
PhoebusFlows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 PhoebusFlows
Member since 2007 • 2050 Posts

They get a lot of that money back since it's most likely $10 for each episode. Each episode is around 15-20 hours of extra gameplay. I think many will easily buy it.

It's not like Microsoft just flushed $50 million down the drain, they are getting a lot of it back, and it may also equal more system and game sales too, since these episodes are exclusive (for now)

Avatar image for NobuoMusicMaker
NobuoMusicMaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 NobuoMusicMaker
Member since 2005 • 6628 Posts
That vs 0 mil for new IP exclusive for PS3. Consoles should sell themselves to the developers. Not money.
Sacred-Snow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 Sacred-Snow
Member since 2006 • 675 Posts
Thats super duper old news buddy. :lol:
Grive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Grive
Member since 2006 • 2971 Posts

Actually, 0 million. It's an advance payment on royalties so R* and T2 have funding.

MS basically secured the content and saved T2 without spending a dime.

TEH_rankie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 TEH_rankie
Member since 2007 • 344 Posts
And in other news, the Wii will have a motion sensing controller!  And the PS3 is 600 USD!
jrhawk42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#8 jrhawk42
Member since 2003 • 12764 Posts

if you think the people won't buy the extra content in GTAIV you're deluded. Saying it's over priced, or should of been added with the game is fine, but saying people won't buy it is just dumb.

Also R* needed the money they had gone way over budget. Why do you think they originally went to Sony for an exclusive contract? If they hadn't gotten the money from MS they wouldn't of been able to create a full featured game (I'm doubting the current one is full featured anyway).

Blind0825

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Blind0825
Member since 2006 • 194 Posts

That vs 0 mil for new IP exclusive for PS3. Consoles should sell themselves to the developers. Not money.NobuoMusicMaker

Oh please, business is business and video games, believe it or not, is a business.

d3thm0nkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 d3thm0nkey
Member since 2006 • 615 Posts
And in other news, the Wii will have a motion sensing controller!  And the PS3 is 600 USD!TEH_rankie
ROTFL....hehe that was good.
chewy130

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 chewy130

if you think the people won't buy the extra content in GTAIV you're deluded. Saying it's over priced, or should of been added with the game is fine, but saying people won't buy it is just dumb.

Also R* needed the money they had gone way over budget. Why do you think they originally went to Sony for an exclusive contract? If they hadn't gotten the money from MS they wouldn't of been able to create a full featured game (I'm doubting the current one is full featured anyway).

jrhawk42

saying people wont buy it is dumb? well i do think no one will buy it because more than half the people who own xbox360's dont even have any ms points. but we'll see how goood the extra stuff is. and as for me, i find doing extra missions a chore.

and saying Rockstar has no money is just dumb, beause they sold TONS of games and made lots of money off gta they sold around like 100mil copys of san andreas.

Grive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Grive

saying people wont buy it is dumb? well i do think no one will buy it because more than half the people who own xbox360's dont even have any ms points. but we'll see how goood the extra stuff is. and as for me, i find doing extra missions a chore.

and saying Rockstar has no money is just dumb, beause they sold TONS of games and made lots of money off gta they sold around like 100mil copys of san andreas.

chewy130

Now entering the realm of absolute nonsense, please fasten your seatbelts.

Locke562

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Locke562
Member since 2004 • 7673 Posts
[QUOTE="jrhawk42"]

chewy130

100 million :roll:

jrhawk42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 jrhawk42
[QUOTE="jrhawk42"]

chewy130

You don't understand how game development works do you? 2k games published GTA:SA so the profits from that going to R* weren't as high as you think. Why do you think R* is publishing GTAIV on their own??

Also it doesn't matter how good the content is it still sells, the halo map packs sell, the Oblivion expansions sell, hell the madden uniforms even sell. It's been proven and proven again that if put something for a popular game on the market place it sells. Hell R* could be selling in game Air Force Ones for $2 a pop and they'd sell like hotcakes.

Avatar image for NobuoMusicMaker
NobuoMusicMaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 NobuoMusicMaker
Member since 2005 • 6628 Posts

Actually, 0 million. It's an advance payment on royalties so R* and T2 have funding.

MS basically secured the content and saved T2 without spending a dime.

Grive

Sureeey...

Lies aside, the 50 million makes R* a 2nd party in this sense. Thus calling it bribery being true.

Grive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Grive

Sureeey...

Lies aside, the 50 million makes R* a 2nd party in this sense. Thus calling it bribery being true.

NobuoMusicMaker

Look, if you wish to keep facts out of your lalaland, alright, just stay there.

Those 50 mill were advance payment. MS did a smart move there. Call it bribery if you wish, but it's how business is done. Is how both MS and Sony operate, despite Sony's lies to the contrary.

jrhawk42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 jrhawk42
[QUOTE="NobuoMusicMaker"]

Sureeey...

Grive

Look, if you wish to keep facts out of your lalaland, alright, just stay there.

Those 50 mill were advance payment. MS did a smart move there. Call it bribery if you wish, but it's how business is done. Is how both MS and Sony operate, despite Sony's lies to the contrary.

The only difference between MS and Sony is that Sony won't pony up a dime until they get publishing rights which basically screws the developer out of getting a decent profit if the game actually turns out good.

lowe0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 lowe0
Member since 2004 • 13692 Posts
That vs 0 mil for new IP exclusive for PS3. Consoles should sell themselves to the developers. Not money.NobuoMusicMaker
Why not?  It's a business, and if loaning Rockstar $50 mil makes them money, then why shouldn't they do it?  When MS enters a market, they set out to crush the competition.  Blaming MS for using its money is like blaming a tiger for using its teeth.  And if they do succeed in eliminating SCEA, then that's when antitrust regulators start keeping an eye on them.