5 Things You Want From This E3?

• 72 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#51 Posted by Jankarcop (8893 posts) -

-Star Citizen

-Ever Quest Next

-Doom 4

-Half-Life 3

-Oculus Rift

#52 Edited by DillonShwing (565 posts) -

1. Halo 5: 343i gets on stage and begs for forgiveness from every person who had to witness he travesty of Halo 4's multiplayer. They unveil full details on MP. Arena based. No loadouts. No perks/aa/bullshit that has plagued the series since reach. 1-50 ranking system *IN GAME*. Basically the true successor to Halo 3.

2. Banjo Threeie: a real platforming collecta-thon and not nuts n bolts

3. Zelda Wii U

4. Fable 4 (not legends)

5. Surprise me M$.

#53 Posted by IMAHAPYHIPPO (2561 posts) -

1. Zelda U.

2. Finding out No Man's Sky is still coming in 2014, and it's as awesome as everyone's hoping.

3. Beyond Good and Evil 2.

4. An amazing ps4 exclusive we've never heard of.

5. Quantum Break a revolutionary step for the industry, and a seriously enjoyable game.

Wildcards -- Hyrule Warriors actually being a solid experience, getting an amazing new Star Fox game for Wii U, and MS reviving one of Rare's classic games, designed by another studio -- Perfect Dark or Banjo seems within the realm of possibilities.

Things that won't happen -- Nintendo tanking the Wii U, Sony launching Last Guardian in 2014, MS's Rare revival a surprise reveal of Conker.

#54 Posted by Demonjoe93 (9517 posts) -
  1. Nintendo announces a new F-Zero. I probably will not get this.
  2. Kingdom Hearts III footage. I am sure I'll get to see this.
  3. More footage of Monolith Software's X. Probably will get to see this.
  4. Those Crash Bandicoot rumors to be true and we a get a new Crash. Not sure about this one.
  5. A new StarFox. I think there will be a new StarFox on the Wii-U at some point, but I am not sure we will see it at this year's E3.
#55 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (6691 posts) -

More world class PS4 exclusives. No doubt Sony will deliver.

#56 Edited by PhazonBlazer (11527 posts) -

1. New Zeruda trailer for Wii U

2. New Uncharted trailer

3. New Metroid Prime

4. New Mass Effect trailer

5. Iwata with fruit

#57 Posted by KittenNose (382 posts) -

1) Fallout 4 announcement

2) XCOM 2 announcement

3) Immediately after the XCOM 2 announcement Firaxis getting down on their knees and begging forgiveness for releasing the unplayably buggy mess that was XCOM: EW. I still don't understand how they fucked it up that bad when the core gameplay of XCOM: EU was still there.

4) Galactic Civilizations III on consoles (won't happen)

5) Star Citizen on consoles (might happen)

I 100% agree except for the hate on EW. I am not claiming you are wrong, as I got it a couple of weeks after release, but I just didn't have that experience.

I very much wish to see GC or any strategy game on the Xbox with Kinect functionality. It seems to me like RTS and TBS games are the only style game, other then casual flailfest, that could be improved by the tech. It is starting to look like this will be the first generation I haven't owned a console. I think about the only thing that might change that is super nerdy strategy games that let me scream and flail about like a doof.

#58 Posted by Zassimick (6263 posts) -

I want release dates.

Freaking seriously.

Games and games that I can play soon.

Don't show me bull footage from a game thats coming Q3 in 2015 or in 2016 and you'll show again at next years E3.

I just want to be surprised. I haven't been wowed at an e3 for quite some time.

Also I want less fake gameplay showings. I'm sick of bullshotted trailers

New game announcements that aren't for 2022.

#59 Posted by Big_Pecks (5240 posts) -

Zelda U
Metroid Prime 4
Kingdom Hearts 3
SMT x Fire Emblem
and Destiny

#60 Edited by raging_user (379 posts) -

-game that showcases unreal engine 4

-luminous engine

-source engine

-Homefront 2 / Cryengine 4

-Darksiders 3

#61 Posted by Boddicker (2448 posts) -

@Boddicker said:

1) Fallout 4 announcement

2) XCOM 2 announcement

3) Immediately after the XCOM 2 announcement Firaxis getting down on their knees and begging forgiveness for releasing the unplayably buggy mess that was XCOM: EW. I still don't understand how they fucked it up that bad when the core gameplay of XCOM: EU was still there.

4) Galactic Civilizations III on consoles (won't happen)

5) Star Citizen on consoles (might happen)

I 100% agree except for the hate on EW. I am not claiming you are wrong, as I got it a couple of weeks after release, but I just didn't have that experience.

I very much wish to see GC or any strategy game on the Xbox with Kinect functionality. It seems to me like RTS and TBS games are the only style game, other then casual flailfest, that could be improved by the tech. It is starting to look like this will be the first generation I haven't owned a console. I think about the only thing that might change that is super nerdy strategy games that let me scream and flail about like a doof.

I came to that conclusion after about 100 hours of play on EW (I loved EU). Ironman is completely unplayable due to save file corruption (THIS IS MY BIGGEST BEEF WITH FIRAXIS). Game will glitch up bad if you get 2 events at the same time. EXALT are idiotic/suicidal. Gmods have no drawback (essentially superpowers) and some overlap with armor abilities or are just outright broken (mimetic skin). MEC's have a balancing drawback but some of the skill tree needs balancing. The changes to the existing skill trees did little to change the bread and butter abilities.

Idk about Kinect functionality on strategy games. Don't get me wrong, by all means implement it, but I just want the option for k/m support.

#62 Edited by KittenNose (382 posts) -

@Boddicker said:

I came to that conclusion after about 100 hours of play on EW (I loved EU). Ironman is completely unplayable due to save file corruption (THIS IS MY BIGGEST BEEF WITH FIRAXIS). Game will glitch up bad if you get 2 events at the same time. EXALT are idiotic/suicidal. Gmods have no drawback (essentially superpowers) and some overlap with armor abilities or are just outright broken (mimetic skin). MEC's have a balancing drawback but some of the skill tree needs balancing. The changes to the existing skill trees did little to change the bread and butter abilities.

Idk about Kinect functionality on strategy games. Don't get me wrong, by all means implement it, but I just want the option for k/m support.

Oh, I will not claim EW had no problems, and Ironman is unplayable, but I say the same thing about enemy unknown. The Original Xcom got me into gaming, so I might have some rose colored glasses.

And K/m will never happen on a console. If they allow it, it becomes a requirement for all FPS. I would just really like to see an strat with voice and gesture commands. I just picture screaming "Rise Up and Strike Them Down!" and "None can withstand our faith!" to boost morale, and ordering movements with rapid flails. Odds are however the exicution would suck, but I would still like to see it. Cant picture the kinect good for anything else.

#63 Edited by bfmv2007 (279 posts) -

In general less talk about the systems, and more talk on games, and for all of E3 to be broadcasted on Spike TV, instead of the internet. Cops reruns can go off air for 3 days. No one will care, I promise.

Must haves

1. Half Life 3 announcement, NOT exclusive to PC/steambox

1.5 Gabe Newell on stage in general

2. The Order 1886 release date/gameplay

3. Big Bethesda announcement, rather it be Fallout 4 or TES 6

4. Uncharted 4 gameplay/release date

5. New IP's

6. The Witcher 3 gameplay

7. Dragon Age Inqusition gameplay

8. Mass Effect 4 announcement

9. MORE HORROR GAMES!

10. Reboot of old horror games like F.E.A.R. Resident Evil and Silent Hill

11. Borderlands 3

12. Tomb Raider 2

13. HUGE OPEN WORLD GAMES! BIGGER THAN ALL THE GTA'S AND TES COMBINED!

14. Whats next for Irrational Games after Bioshock

15. Doom 4

16. Call Of Duty to take a step forward and change.

17. No yearly Battlefield's, but Bad Company 3 is welcome

18. And so no one thinks I'm a Sony fanboy, Halo 5, and Alan Wake 2 plz

These are in no particular order btw. Sorry, couldn't name just 5.

I expect this E3 to be something mind blowing!

#64 Posted by Boddicker (2448 posts) -

@Boddicker said:

Oh, I will not claim EW had problems and that Ironman was unplayable, but I say the same thing about enemy unknown. The Original Xcom got me into gaming, so I might have some rose colored glasses.

And K/m will never happen on a console. If they allow it, it becomes a requirement for all FPS. I would just really like to see an strat with voice and gesture commands. I just picture screaming "Rise Up and Strike Them Down!" and "None can withstand our faith!" to boost morale, and ordering movements with rapid flails. Odds are however the exicution would suck, but I would still like to see it. Cant picture the kinect good for anything else.

EU froze a lot in the late game, but I never ever had to scrap an Ironman game. I've heard reports otherwise but I had several hundred hours on that game all Ironman. I never played XCOM '94 but I played the shit out of XCOM: TFTD and XCOM: Apocalypse in the 90's so the franchise is near and dear to my heart as well..

Sony or MS need to man up and release a first party k/m already. More PC dev's would come to them if they stopped charging to patch. I wonder why they do that?

#65 Edited by KittenNose (382 posts) -

I have never run into a corrupt save error on either, but in both EU and EW I had lots of enemy spawn glitches and ran into that glitch where you clear the map but there is still a glitched floater somewhere all glitched spawned, so you can't finish the mission without failing. I consider both game breaking on Ironman, so refuse to play it on Ironman.

They just cant release K/m on console. I am with you I wish they would, but FPSes need auto aim and the like for controllers. Put me (who sucks) in any CoD game with a K/m while everyone else has game pad and I will slaughter. It just wouldn't be fair. Having the K/m means it is the only competitive input device, which effectively kills the controller and all casual interest.

For the record you can go 3rd party with K/m on consoles, but you will be banned if you use it in multiplayer. I have had that conversation with customers, it sucks.

As for why they charge for patches, same reason they charge for online. They can get away with it. Consoles is a whole 'nother market. On PCs we have the most power, so they get the best options. On consoles we have less, so they get away with more. On Mobile we have the least, so Devs are darn right predatory.

#66 Posted by sukraj (21927 posts) -

tomb raider 2 info

far cry 4 info

destiny info

sunset overdrive info

halo 5 info

#67 Edited by Weird_Jerk (577 posts) -

1. Mirror's Edge

2. Zelda for Wii U

3. GTAV PC?

4. Some Mantel supported games. I'd like to see its benefits in action for future, big-budget games before I build any more computers

5. Some exciting cartoony-looking game with a mind-blowing soundtrack, ie. Dankey Kang, Mario, Spyro, Crash. A new IP like these would also be welcome.

#68 Edited by happyduds77 (1445 posts) -

A gameplay demo that is actually a true representation of the game.

Anyway I mostly excited to see a footage of Uncharted 4.

#69 Edited by Sushiglutton (5216 posts) -
  1. Mirror's Edge 2 news + gameplay.
  2. Rocksteady's next project.
  3. Naughty Dog's next project.
  4. A revitalized Assassin's Creed with really, really awesome gameplay (I pray for this every year, so far with mixed results ;) ).
  5. Zelda HD (even though I don't have a wii U :) )
#70 Posted by bezza2011 (2321 posts) -
  1. Shemnue 3 maybe even remakes of the first 2 or something anything to many magazines and gaming websites and even sega teasing and the whole photo with mark cerny, I don't feel as tho this is the year we finally hear anything just anything would do.
  2. The Last Guardian it's happening no doubt about it, there is no way they still have that team and nothing is going on, I honestly believe that they held it off for PS4 and are going to release footage and gameplay footage of this at E3 and the game will be out this year. If nothing is shown we can pretty much say then and there that the game is dead.
  3. Gears of War Footage maybe I'm a little hasty about this but I'd like to see what Black Tusk is all about
  4. Halo that CGI Clip was pretty impressive I want to see more
  5. More and More and More Games I mean seriously both systems are lacking, both need to blow our minds of whats coming next.
  6. Amazon Console, well they are at the moment buying everyone up it seems and something is going on and it all points to a console so lets see it.
  7. Nintendo give us an actual conference and it's full of the next true zelda and the next true mario, and some other unique games.

Sorry abit more than 5 lol

#71 Posted by ShoTTyMcNaDeS (1955 posts) -

1. Uncharted 4 gameplay and 2014 release announced.

2. Star Wars Battlefront(DICE game) footage and release date

3. Phantasy Star Online 2 official release date for VITA, PC, X1 and PS4 in for North America

4. Rainbow Six Patriots or whatever it will be called footage for PS4 and X1.

5. New God of War announced and gameplay

#72 Edited by misterpmedia (3363 posts) -

Zone of The Enders 3 revival.

Naughty Dog buy the rights to Star Wars: 1313 ip, as it was pretty much Uncharted: Star Wars anyway.

#73 Posted by Cyberdot (3517 posts) -
  • To enjoy the disarray of Microsoft's conference

Pretty much!