5 Reasons PC Gaming Is Better than Console Gaming

• 66 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by FreedomFreeLife (3175 posts) -

1. Better Hardware, Better Visuals and Faster Frame Rate

Many console gamers argue that the substance of the game trumps how it looks; that is, the story is more worthwhile than the graphics. There's a reason that you choose a Ferrari over a Ford Focus, though, and that's because looks and performance both matter. Having a better "motor" means your trip is going to be much more enjoyable. In a lot of ways, comparing a PC to a console is like comparing a Ferrari to a Ford Focus.

2. Game Mods

When a game releases on a console, you get the content that comes with that particular game, and that's it. When that same game is on the PC, however, the community playing it continuously creates new and interesting content for others to enjoy. Even old, outdated games can be injected with new life through the installation of a new texture mod.

3. Universal Backward Compatibility

Upset that you can't play your favorite Xbox 360 game on your Xbox One? With a PC, you need not fret. While hardware is constantly getting better, PCs never make it impossible to play your favorite game again. Even outdated DOS titles can be manipulated and experienced on new machines through emulators.

4. Unlimited Controller Options

Are you a mouse-and-keyboard person, or do you prefer a gamepad? Even those wonderful controllers that come with consoles can be connected to a PC, ensuring that whatever you prefer, it's available.

5. Upgradeable Hardware

When a new console is announced, there are dozens of articles and discussions about how powerful the new hardware is. You know who never gets involved in that conversation? PC gamers. Because PC gamers know that if a part of their hardware isn't performing up to snuff, they can simply invest some money into making it better, with no new machines to buy.

#2 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (9255 posts) -

LOL FreedomFreeLife thread.

#3 Posted by MonsieurX (31551 posts) -

@speedfreak48t5p said:

+

old news

+

closet lemming hiding behind PC now

#4 Posted by freedomfreak (42877 posts) -

Damn, TC. I didn't know about all of that.

No one has ever bothered bringing those points up. Very good.

#5 Posted by sam890 (1108 posts) -

Freedom stop please.

#6 Posted by freedomfreak (42877 posts) -
@sam890 said:

Freedom stop please.

What did I do? :(

#7 Edited by Shielder7 (5185 posts) -

#10 Edited by DEadliNE-Zero0 (4785 posts) -

Boy TC, you sure have been making alot of PC loving threads. So that means you're officially a PC gamer, right? right?

#11 Posted by BldgIrsh (2998 posts) -

Meh lemming confirmed. Only 5 reasons? Ugh.

#12 Posted by freedomfreak (42877 posts) -
@scottpsfan14 said:

You were being a freak.. A freadomfreak *runs away in embarrisment*

Don't worry about it, man.

#13 Edited by Shielder7 (5185 posts) -

@MonsieurX said:

@speedfreak48t5p said:

+

old news

+

So it kinda like when Blu-ray beat out HD-DVD and all the HD-DVD fanboys jumped on the DD bandwagon?

Ba regardless he's your re**** now hermits embrace your new brother with open arms.

#14 Posted by PrincessGomez92 (3766 posts) -

You're not fooling anyone with your "I'm a hermit" shtick.

#16 Posted by getyeryayasout (8330 posts) -

Maybe this is what MS meant when they said they needed to support PC more, botch the launch of the X1 so horribly that it drives former Xbox gamers to become PC gamers? Pretty sneaky, Sis!

#17 Posted by SolidGame_basic (19091 posts) -

If I made a thread like this but for consoles it would've been locked in 2.3 seconds by the hermit mods (you know who you are).

#18 Posted by BldgIrsh (2998 posts) -

@SolidGame_basic said:

If I made a thread like this but for consoles it would've been locked in 2.3 seconds by the hermit mods (you know who you are).

There's a difference in your threads and this... This thread is obviously common knowledge and should be locked anyways. But, your threads are splattered bullshots all over. Hermit mods or not you don't make good threads.

#19 Posted by clyde46 (47409 posts) -

@scottpsfan14 said:
@princessgomez92 said:

He is a hermit isn't he? Or is he a lem ashamed of Xbox lel?

Pretty sure he's a lem.

#20 Posted by Shielder7 (5185 posts) -

@SolidGame_basic said:

QFT I've tested it.

#21 Posted by Minishdriveby (10367 posts) -

While the majority of older games work on windows, there are still some compatibility issues. For example, Oddworld Abe's Oddysee's cutscenes don't work on Windows 8; I've been having to use a laptop that has Windows 7 to get a working complete experience.

That being said backwards compatibility is leagues above consoles, and the overall preservation of the past, for not only Old PC games but old console games, still gives PC an advantage.

#22 Posted by lostrib (41934 posts) -

@SolidGame_basic said:

prove it

#23 Edited by lostrib (41934 posts) -

@clyde46 said:

@scottpsfan14 said:
@princessgomez92 said:

Pretty sure he's a lem.

I think he's just an all around fakeboy

#24 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (26218 posts) -

5 reasons why PC gaming is better than Console gaming.

1. Steam
  2. GOG
  3. GMG
  4. Humble Bundle
  5. Amazon

#25 Posted by Cloud_imperium (5708 posts) -

@Minishdriveby said:

While the majority of older games work on windows, there are still some compatibility issues. For example, Oddworld Abe's Oddysee's cutscenes don't work on Windows 8; I've been having to use a laptop that has Windows 7 to get a working complete experience.

That being said backwards compatibility is leagues above consoles, and the overall preservation of the past, for not only Old PC games but old console games, still gives PC an advantage.

Run it in Windows XP mode (select from properties) . I was having same issue with Warcraft 3 on Windows 7 but it solved my problem .

#26 Posted by Shielder7 (5185 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@clyde46 said:

@scottpsfan14 said:
@princessgomez92 said:

Pretty sure he's a lem.

Sure he just didn't jump ship? I mean when he was a lemming his threads weren't much better, and by much I mean not at all better.

#27 Posted by HalcyonScarlet (5136 posts) -
@lostrib said:

@clyde46 said:

@scottpsfan14 said:
@princessgomez92 said:

Pretty sure he's a lem.

Ya know I'm starting to see that. Seems a bit more obvious here.

#28 Posted by cainetao11 (19107 posts) -

@FreedomFreeLife:

I agree with your number one because those have become the "craze" this gen. If its of dire importance, why settle for console? "well PS4 is a better value". No. I can do a helluva lot more with my PC than I can with a console.

#29 Posted by lundy86_4 (44151 posts) -

Well this topic is new. I'm not sure System Wars was aware of any of that.

#30 Posted by speedfog (3337 posts) -

Stop it TC, we can't handle the truthhhhhh :( :( :(

#31 Posted by danjin44 (288 posts) -

Persona 5 alone make the console better than PC for me. At end of the day its all about games and If PC dosent have the games I care about then all those advantages means nothing to me.

#33 Edited by PsychoLemons (2344 posts) -

We get it. You're a Lemming.

#34 Posted by blangenakker (2567 posts) -

Ya know, people don't care anymore.

#35 Posted by Minishdriveby (10367 posts) -

@Cloud_imperium said:

@Minishdriveby said:

Run it in Windows XP mode (select from properties) . I was having same issue with Warcraft 3 on Windows 7 but it solved my problem .

Hmmmm... where do I go from properties. I'm not seeing the option; I have Windows 8. The game runs fine on Windows 7.

#36 Edited by wolverine4262 (20105 posts) -

Some pretty tired arguments there in the OP. The only thing that matters to me is that the games are cheaper.

#37 Posted by 22Toothpicks (11386 posts) -

I have to take issue with your first point. Not everyone that plays games on their PC has the hardware for better performance relative to the consoles. The point isn't wrong but I think it requires an asterisk.

#38 Posted by 22Toothpicks (11386 posts) -

@LegatoSkyheart said:

5 reasons why PC gaming is better than Console gaming.

1. Steam
  2. GOG
  3. GMG
  4. Humble Bundle
  5. Amazon

Slam-mutha-fuggin'-dunk.

#39 Edited by lostrib (41934 posts) -

@Minishdriveby said:

@Cloud_imperium said:

@Minishdriveby said:

Hmmmm... where do I go from properties. I'm not seeing the option; I have Windows 8. The game runs fine on Windows 7.

isn't there a tab that says Compatibility?

#40 Edited by Krelian-co (12531 posts) -

@MonsieurX said:

@speedfreak48t5p said:

+

old news

+

#41 Edited by R3FURBISHED (10809 posts) -

I'd go with larger video game selection and that oftentimes the price of PC games is lower.

#42 Posted by santoron (7959 posts) -
@PsychoLemons said:

We get it. You're a Lemming.

lol what I don't get is why he doesn't just start with a new account. I'd bet he's done it before...

What should we call our growing collection of XBox refugees? Lemmits? Hermings?

#43 Posted by wolverine4262 (20105 posts) -

@R3FURBISHED said:

I'd go with larger video game selection and that every time the price of PC games is lower.

fixed

#44 Posted by 22Toothpicks (11386 posts) -

Oh and TC, you know you didn't write that shit in the OP. Give credit to whoever did.

#45 Posted by wolverine4262 (20105 posts) -

@santoron:

Or, I dunno, gamers?

#46 Posted by R3FURBISHED (10809 posts) -

@wolverine4262 said:

@R3FURBISHED said:

I'd go with larger video game selection and that every time the price of PC games is lower.

fixed

Nah, I'll stick with "oftentimes"

#47 Posted by wolverine4262 (20105 posts) -

@R3FURBISHED said:

Cdkeyprices has never steered me wrong. Dem keys fell off the back of the truck.

#48 Posted by clyde46 (47409 posts) -

@wolverine4262 said:

@R3FURBISHED said:

Cdkeyprices has never steered me wrong. Dem keys fell off the back of the truck.

Which makes it sketchy.

#49 Posted by wolverine4262 (20105 posts) -

@clyde46:

And not my problem so long as the keys work.

#50 Posted by clyde46 (47409 posts) -

@wolverine4262 said:

@clyde46:

And not my problem so long as the keys work.

If the key has been stolen, it could be banned and then you are locked out of the game you paid for and there is nothing you can do...