4A Games puts ND to shame with Metro Redux

#51 Posted by uninspiredcup (12366 posts) -

Naughty Dog are a well known seedy company. Stealing celebrity faces, attempting to sell subway burgers. Pretty much crooks at this point.

#52 Edited by BldgIrsh (2998 posts) -

@adamosmaki: Now that is how a remaster should be handled content and price wise.

Thanks for informing me.

#53 Posted by DEadliNE-Zero0 (4835 posts) -

This is really funny btw.

Ryse comes to PC, gets native 4K. Metro Redux comes to PC, gets native 4K.

#54 Posted by parkurtommo (27655 posts) -

@vickissv2 said:

@parkurtommo said:

@lostrib said:

Still haven't played the original

You monster! Play it now!

It's boring though. I couldn't take it after 3 hours

I think whenever people say they thought Metro was boring, they played the console version. The game kind of relies heavily on visual aspects, the atmosphere is only really achieved when the technical aspects match the desired art direction. From what I've seen in the console version, it is a dark, stale, brown mess where as in the PC version the brown is smoothed out with dynamic lighting, detailed textures, tesselation.

I'm a complete whore for good looking games though, that's probably why this is one of my favorite games of all times. For me, the reason why this game is good is because of the atmosphere, and the atmosphere is, like I said, completely dependent on visual fidelity (although audio is important as well).

#55 Posted by uninspiredcup (12366 posts) -

@amazonangry said:

But halflife 2 has a higher metacritic.

#56 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (9338 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:

@amazonangry said:

Nobody gives a fuck. Now stop posting.

#57 Posted by uninspiredcup (12366 posts) -

@speedfreak48t5p said:

@uninspiredcup said:

@amazonangry said:

Both of them. 1 and 2.

#58 Posted by Ben-Buja (2768 posts) -

@deadline-zero0 said:

This is really funny btw.

Ryse comes to PC, gets native 4K. Metro Redux comes to PC, gets native 4K.

Most games can be played in 4k on PC, granted you have the hardware.

#59 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (9338 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:

@speedfreak48t5p said:

@uninspiredcup said:

@amazonangry said:

Both of them. 1 and 2.

That's nice. Too bad no one cares,

#60 Edited by BldgIrsh (2998 posts) -

@speedfreak48t5p: He's telling the truth though. Which is rare from him

Half-Life 1: 96

Half-Life 2: 96

The last of us: 95

Naughty gods have made another flop.

#61 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (9338 posts) -

@bldgirsh said:

@speedfreak48t5p: He's telling the truth though. Which is rare from him

Half-Life 1: 96

Half-Life 2: 96

The last of us: 95

Naughty gods have made another flop.

But does anyone care though?

#62 Posted by lostrib (42146 posts) -

@speedfreak48t5p: well they sure cared about MC score when TLOU came out

#63 Posted by BldgIrsh (2998 posts) -

@speedfreak48t5p: Ya. I'd imagine people would care. I need a source where it concludes that no one in the present cares that HL metascore is higher than TLOU. Gonna tell ya you'll fail at it.

#64 Edited by RoboCopISJesus (1618 posts) -

@speedfreak48t5p said:

Nobody gives a fuck about the awards TLOU won either, in a thread that shows 4A Games objectively made a better remaster with more features and more graphical upgrades at half the price.

#65 Posted by with_teeth26 (6278 posts) -

@SolidGame_basic said:

lol for even trying to compare the two.

Yea, LL is a significantly better game than TLOU.

Gamespot got it right giving TLOU an 8/10 and Last Light a 9.

Point to all the GOTY awards you want, I make up my own opinions based on experience with the games.

#66 Posted by hrt_rulz01 (6981 posts) -

Yeah looks awesome. Can't wait to play them again!

#67 Posted by lawlessx (47141 posts) -

these guys really outdid themselves with this one. Makes me glad i never picked up last light

#68 Posted by DEadliNE-Zero0 (4835 posts) -

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@speedfreak48t5p said:

Nobody gives a fuck about the awards TLOU won either, in a thread that shows 4A Games objectively made a better remaster with more features and more graphical upgrades at half the price.

The funny thing about awards is that HL2 got game of the decade from VGX. Granted, TLOU wasn't there, but since it went up against serious heavy hitters like Portal and Shadow of teh Colossus, i'm pretty confident it would win anyway.

#69 Posted by silversix_ (15887 posts) -

So i already played both maxed out on my 2011 rig. What am i getting from this version? Nothing. More milking and its only possible because last gen lasted years too long.

#70 Posted by Bishop1310 (1201 posts) -

@mems_1224 said:

lulz, its funny how all these companies are coming out with better rereleases than TLOU. I guess ND is just like the rest of Sony. Why improve something great when you can halfass it.

i really do believe a lot of it has to do with how long this last gen was. It was milked and pushed way too far and these companies really wanted to release some of these games on better hardware but didnt have the option at the time. Now that they can why not? especially with how many idiots re-bought tlou.

#71 Posted by jsmoke03 (13132 posts) -

i wish they had announced this earlier. i just bought both games at the beginning of this year =/

#72 Posted by hoosier7 (3966 posts) -

I think the fact that TLoU was a PS3 game really screwed ND over, the PS3 was always a pain to port to, must be a nightmare to pull a game that's been built from the ground up on the PS3 to the more PC based architecture of the PS4.

Games like Tomb Raider and Metro are probably take a lot less time as they've got PC versions they can shift from.

#73 Posted by AmazonAngry (968 posts) -

@lostrib: I own 2033 from a humble bundle. Just haven't got around to it"

And you never will. You're a cod fraghead. Your steam library proves it.

#74 Edited by lostrib (42146 posts) -

@amazonangry said:

What does that have to do with whether or not i'll get around to it?

#75 Posted by Cloud_imperium (5827 posts) -

Wow

#76 Posted by Vatusus (5119 posts) -

Too bad Metro games are meh at best while TLOU is one of the GOTG

#77 Edited by Martin_G_N (1735 posts) -

Too be fair, there is a big difference of redoing a game made specifically for the PS3 architecture over to PC/PS4 architecture, compared to improving a PC game and porting that to the PS4.

But it looks like they have done a great job of improving the Metro games though, I may end up getting them.

#78 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (9338 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@amazonangry said:

Don't argue with xboxdone74. He's not worth it.

#79 Edited by lostrib (42146 posts) -

@speedfreak48t5p said:

@lostrib said:

@amazonangry said:

Don't argue with xboxdone74. He's not worth it.

It's not really arguing since he usually just runs away

#80 Edited by slimdogmilionar (691 posts) -

@leandrro said:

like ND ever had real good gameplay visuals

Hopefully that was just a joke, TLOU was a graphical masterpiece on PS3. But TLOU on PS4 was just a cash grab, Uncharted 4 looks promising though. Uncharted 2 was also another great game from ND.

#81 Posted by cainetao11 (19274 posts) -

I was going to buy these on steam as I don't own them. Guess I should wait for this.

#82 Posted by lostrib (42146 posts) -

@slimdogmilionar said:

@leandrro said:

Hopefully that was just a joke, TLOU was a graphical masterpiece on PS3. But TLOU on PS4 was just a cash grab, Uncharted 4 looks promising though. Uncharted 2 was also another great game from ND.

Not even close

#83 Posted by slimdogmilionar (691 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@slimdogmilionar said:

@leandrro said:

Not even close

Maybe not for someone who games on PC, but for consoles it was just that.

#84 Edited by EducatingU_PCMR (1080 posts) -

@slimdogmilionar said:

@leandrro said:

LOL, no.

TLOU is not even on UC2 level.

It looks like shit, a lot of multiplats look better.

It was honestly hyped to shit in that aspect, even by Digital Foundry, the power of fanboyism I guess, just because it was ND it had to look glorious, but it didn't.

#85 Posted by coasterguy65 (6249 posts) -

Nice...looks like someone is doing remasters right. Guess it's about time to play back through 2033 and LL.

#87 Edited by with_teeth26 (6278 posts) -

So it looks like on the PC you can buy the Redux games individually, and if you already own the originals they only cost $12 apiece.

#88 Posted by speedfog (3340 posts) -

@Mr-Kutaragi said:
@leandrro said:

lol dat bitter...

@amazonangry said:

8/10

#89 Posted by BldgIrsh (2998 posts) -

@with_teeth26: What I understand from the steam listings. Games are separate and if you have that edition of the game its half off for the redux version of it.

#90 Posted by blangenakker (2579 posts) -

I already have both original games so I don't need it.

#91 Posted by sailor232 (5069 posts) -

Amazing job on this. No much of a graphical upgrade for pc but for consoles WOW. Biggest thing is all the other additional work done, ai, modes, frame rate, animation. This is how a remaster is done. Everyone should play these games, in my top 3 favorite.

#92 Posted by Roler42 (843 posts) -

Looking forward to getting both after I upgrade

#93 Posted by dakan45 (18724 posts) -

in the meantime TLOU BARELY CHANGED edition goes down to 48 fps and this game looks 100 times better...whats that they are 2 games?

Even better, master of remasters!!

Sorry dog, ukrainians pwnd you.

#94 Edited by SteXmaN (489 posts) -

#95 Edited by BldgIrsh (2998 posts) -

@SteXmaN: That picture depicts one of the greatest gamers waiting for greatness on its console. It brings tears to his eyes knowing greatness is coming.

#96 Posted by JangoWuzHere (17335 posts) -

I honestly don't care if they can make the lighting prettier or the particles more detailed. It was always the facial expressions and character animations that were weak in Metro. I would rather see that stuff improved honestly.

#97 Posted by dino7c (189 posts) -

port from PS3 Vs. port from high end PC

apples/oranges

#98 Edited by gpuking (3074 posts) -

Er, TLOU remastered still looks awesome even if the upgrade is not generations better due to it's good looking to start off with.

All in game.

#99 Edited by SteXmaN (489 posts) -
@JangoWuzHere said:

I honestly don't care if they can make the lighting prettier or the particles more detailed. It was always the facial expressions and character animations that were weak in Metro. I would rather see that stuff improved honestly.

There is not much cutscenes in Metro and the NPC movement animations are really solid especially in LL.Anyways,take look at this. Imagine if they had the budget or at least the half of what TLOU had.Not to mention the current situation in Ukraine(Crisis in Ukraine Meant Metro Dev Had to Smuggle Xbox Ones and PS4s Into Country).

They made two amazing FPS games and I'll gladly buy them again(50% off if you own both titles).They really put some effort to it,not like some other devs.2033 is expanded with new areas,it has LL mechanics and engine(new models,new guns,additional encounters etc).If someone deserves it,it's 4A.

#100 Posted by lostrib (42146 posts) -

@EducatingU_PCMR: TC, I just want to check, you're not actually comparing the quality of the two games. Just comparing the manner in which they were "remastered"