40 Minutes of Xenoblade Chronicles X Footage

#1 Posted by charizard1605 (58897 posts) -

Looks absolutely amazing. My hype is restored after the disappointing trailer, and it looks like this game will be everything that its initial reveal promised it would be.

#2 Edited by 93BlackHawk93 (5788 posts) -

The trailer was disappointing because it showed close-ups of the characters faces. Not surprising considering how horrible the character models in the first Xenoblade were.

#3 Posted by sailor232 (4917 posts) -

Yes this looks unbelievable. I cannot wait to explore this world. They didn't even show mech moments and it still has me amped.

#4 Posted by silversix_ (14988 posts) -

Is this mmo f2p, p2w, b2p or what? lol but seriously it looks better than what was shown during e3 trailer. Characters still look below mediocrity though.

#5 Posted by Epak_ (6808 posts) -

They sacrifice character detail for the scale, just like in Xenoblade Chronicles. Can't believe some of you guys don't get it.

#6 Edited by AzatiS (7717 posts) -

@charizard1605:

This is one of the 2 games i really like on Wii U !

Too bad are only 2 ( this and Zelda ) so they wont "justify" a Wii U purchase.

A rent will do :)

#7 Posted by Suppaman100 (4015 posts) -

Environments look incredible, wow at those dinosaurs in the background. Character's faces look like PS2 models though...

Game has potential.

#8 Posted by xWoW_Rougex (2768 posts) -

Why I thought Xenoblade was good but not epic:

It had a big open world and the quest felt very mmorpg-ish. Kill X and Y, pick up blue orbs to gain ingredients.

It felt like playing a single player MMORPG. The world felt stale, lifeless...

Given that I'm the only that felt like that, I'm guessing Xenoblade 2 will keep this kind of world.

#9 Posted by charizard1605 (58897 posts) -

@xWoW_Rougex said:

It had a big open world and the quest felt very mmorpg-ish. Kill X and Y, pick up blue orbs to gain ingredients.

Given that I'm the only that felt like that, I'm guessing Xenoblade 2 will keep this kind of world.

You weren't the only one, the banality of the quests made me lose interest in the game a little over a dozen hours in.

#10 Posted by ninjapirate2000 (3098 posts) -

Looks good!

#11 Edited by ocidax (768 posts) -

The game looks amazing. The anime style characters needs more work... But danmm the game looks stunning. The scale of this game is simple amazing. One of the gems of the Wii U.

#12 Posted by 93BlackHawk93 (5788 posts) -
@xWoW_Rougex said:

Does not compute.

#13 Edited by ironcreed (14083 posts) -

@Epak_ said:

They sacrifice character detail for the scale, just like in Xenoblade Chronicles. Can't believe some of you guys don't get it.

Indeed. I am playing through Xenoblade Chronicles right now and the character models are horrible. But the colossal scale of the world, the mesmerizing art, sublime soundtrack and thoughtful gameplay quite easily fades that into the background. This looks like more of the same, but more grand. Plus, how could you not want to do this in such an environment?

#14 Edited by ocidax (768 posts) -

@xWoW_Rougex: The world felt stale, lifeless... Giant and small animals, day and night cycle, moving grass, moving trees, Water....... What more you want. Seriously. Ok the characters models looks bad... Other than that... Amazing game.

#15 Posted by p3anut (5958 posts) -

@93BlackHawk93 said:

The trailer was disappointing because it showed close-ups of the characters faces. Not surprising considering how horrible the character models in the first Xenoblade were.

Not just Xenoblade, previous games from Monolithsoft also had bad character models like Baten Kaitos.

#16 Edited by Stringerboy (7140 posts) -

#17 Posted by blackace (21073 posts) -

Game looks good. Another reason why the Wii U will be worth owning at the end of the year.

#18 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38217 posts) -

So.... much..... HUD!!!!

Game looks great though, a little washed out colour wise at times but very nice

#19 Posted by 2Chalupas (5204 posts) -

It's a shame they are taking so long to get this out.

This game could have been a really exiting game for Wii-U if they got it out in 2013. The longer it takes, it seems like it's mechanics and graphics will become more dated. That being said, there isn't much JRPG action on next-gen platforms or PC either. So it still has a chance to be interesting.

#20 Edited by ironcreed (14083 posts) -

The water is especially gorgeous.

#21 Posted by freedomfreak (41413 posts) -

The character models look meh, but the sense of scale is impressive.

I would shit my pants if they included the first one like Bayonetta 2 did, but I don't see that happening due to the fact that the port job would be a bit more time-consuming.

#22 Posted by Heil68 (45724 posts) -

Looks pretty good, still sucks it wont be out this year.

#23 Edited by voljin1987 (743 posts) -

tbh it looks like a downgrade. but looks mighty awesome nonetheless

#24 Posted by 93BlackHawk93 (5788 posts) -
@ironcreed said:

@Epak_ said:

Indeed. I am playing through Xenoblade Chronicles right now and the character models are horrible. But the colossal scale of the world, the mesmerizing art, sublime soundtrack and thoughtful gameplay quite easily fades that into the background. This looks like more of the same, but more grand. Plus, how could you not want to do this in such an environment?

Just noticed Elma in the second gif.

#25 Posted by PS4hasNOgames (1771 posts) -

Looks great but I can't help but think how the graphics would have looked on a more powerful machine. But the gameplay is solid.

#26 Posted by MercenaryMafia (2917 posts) -

Day One

#27 Edited by finalfantasy94 (26670 posts) -

@93BlackHawk93 said:
@xWoW_Rougex said:

Does not compute.

Yea if anything the world is very pretty and nicely designed.I would personally use the stale comment for the characters.

#28 Posted by littlestreakier (2932 posts) -

I wasn't overly impressed with what was shown at e3 for the press conference. Watching this however... the game looks amazing, makes it all the more justifiable to myself to get a Wii U.

#29 Posted by GreySeal9 (24859 posts) -

@seanmcloughlin:

But at least the HUD looks sexy.

#30 Edited by Wanderer5 (25724 posts) -

Look great, though the range on the dagger seems insane lol.

#31 Edited by Ballroompirate (23279 posts) -

Day one

#32 Posted by DocSanchez (1718 posts) -

I like the look of this and I did enjoy the first xenoblade. For some reason it reminds me of FF XIV. I can see it dropping under the radar a little bit due to it being a niche genre and not one of the more prominent franchises but when deciding to pick up a cheap Wii U at the end of the gen it'll help me to make a different decision than the one I'm currently going for.

#33 Posted by jg4xchamp (48715 posts) -

I need to get around to playing Xenoblade.

#34 Posted by TilxWLOC (1033 posts) -

So, while everyone is talking about the graphics and scale I'd like to bring up some gameplay.

One of the main reasons this game is so exciting to me is what they have done with the battle system. If I would have had one major complaint for Xenoblade it would have been that the fights, after a while, could get pretty mindless and dull. The best part about this new game is this doesn't feel like a "well we've got to make a game, we should just make more of that Xenoblade stuff people liked", kind of sequel. Xenoblade X actually brings with it a lot more to make the battle system engaging, for example, more customization of classes and more focus on positioning.

The jump also seems useful in this game. Finally.