3ds vs psp???

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by dontshackzmii (6026 posts) -

anways my bro is like a huge cow and he says 3ds graphics are on par with psp. Do you think there is a big difference between the two?

#2 Posted by gameofthering (10514 posts) -

3DS has better looking games than the PSP.

#3 Posted by turtlethetaffer (17223 posts) -

Comparing a system that just came out with one that's been out for a few years? I don't know about this...

Anyways, 3DS looks really good. Can't wait to see what's in store for it. (Please release a remake of the original silent Hill! I've never had the option to play it and imagine how scary they could make it on 3DS!)

#4 Posted by dontshackzmii (6026 posts) -

gameofthering

but how big is the gap?

#5 Posted by gameofthering (10514 posts) -

[QUOTE="gameofthering"]

dontshackzmii

but how big is the gap?

That's a hard question to answer.

Maybe Dreamcast - Xbox type of gap. The resident evil game for the 3DS at the moment doen't look as good as RE4 on the gamecube.

#6 Posted by Heirren (19353 posts) -

[QUOTE="gameofthering"]

dontshackzmii

but how big is the gap?

The games look good. Good enough for a portable, anyways. The screen resolution could be a tad higher, but again, if it isn't going to eclipse current consoles, the point of "a little bit better" visuals doesn't make much sense, at least imo. The 3D adds to the experience, as well. Not since the 16bit days, when I was only a youngster, have videogames grabbed me into their world. It is a hard feeling to describe, really. It brings back that sense of wonderment.

#7 Posted by 93BlackHawk93 (6438 posts) -

3DS > PSP.

FACT.

#8 Posted by turtlethetaffer (17223 posts) -

[QUOTE="dontshackzmii"]

[QUOTE="gameofthering"]

Heirren

but how big is the gap?

The games look good. Good enough for a portable, anyways. The screen resolution could be a tad higher, but again, if it isn't going to eclipse current consoles, the point of "a little bit better" visuals doesn't make much sense, at least imo. The 3D adds to the experience, as well. Not since the 16bit days, when I was only a youngster, have videogames grabbed me into their world. It is a hard feeling to describe, really. It brings back that sense of wonderment.

I know the feeling. A game world hasn't truly gripped me and drawn me in like Majora's Mask... before or since. And, to this day, it continues to draw me in with its mystery and surrealism.

#9 Posted by GTSaiyanjin2 (6017 posts) -

The games that are out right now dont look much better than what can be found on the PSP.... I would say they are on par. But one that looks to take advantage of the 3ds is the resident evil titiles that are coming out for the system.

#10 Posted by runbleduck (578 posts) -
PSP games looks significantly better than 3ds games -- i.e., god of war, wipeout, resistance, etc. Heck even ridge racer for the PSP launch looks better than the 3ds version, despite being released 6+ prior.
#11 Posted by turtlethetaffer (17223 posts) -

PSP games looks significantly better than 3ds games -- i.e., god of war, wipeout, resistance, etc. Heck even ridge racer for the PSP launch looks better than the 3ds version, despite being released 6+ prior. runbleduck

RRRight... I'll take your word for that.

#12 Posted by Shirokishi_ (11206 posts) -

Noticeable difference but its not exactly huge.

3DS>PSP

#13 Posted by Phoenix534 (17774 posts) -

I'd rather stick with the PSP. The only thing the 3DS has going for it so far in my eyes is Street Fighter IV, which the PSP does still have a Street Fighter game. And also Darkstalkers. Where the hell is my HD Darkstalkers!!?!