3DS or Vita?Heeeeeeeeeeelp!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

re77za

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 re77za
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

OK.I know this question has been asked a lot before,but I have read them all and I didn't find my answer.so I ask this this question again:which one should I buy?3DS or Vita!!

I have a xbox 360 and that's the only console I've ever had.

I hate RPG games and don't enjoy shooters at all(except some of them like ghost recon).

I can buy all of 3DS games but i can only get playstation plus to get the free vita games coming every month and cant buy vita games(Don't ask why).

my favorite games in xbox are hitman,portal 2,saints row 3,prototype,splinter cell.

I like LittleBigPlanet very much and also like gravity rush and playstation allstars.

I like Animal Crossing very much and also like mario cart and mario 3d land.

Sorry for my bad english

donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 0

#2 donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts

I like the Vita better personally. It's a more high tech experience, and the instant game library is quite solid.

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

Dear God. Don't buy a Vita.

re77za

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 re77za

@Bread_or_Decide said:

Why?!!

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

Get a 3DS if you actually want games to play

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

@re77za said:

@Bread_or_Decide said:

Why?!!

You want games or a flashy paper weight?

3SidedSquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By 3SidedSquare
Member since 2008 • 347 Posts

I have both and I prefer the 3DS. The only thing going for Vita IMO is Tearaway and P4G.

3DS has Animal Crossing, Fire Emblem, Pokémon, Ocarina of Time (if you don't already have it), and Link Between Worlds.

mrintro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#8  Edited By mrintro
Member since 2004 • 1354 Posts

My first advice to you would be don't listen to people who say get the 3DS because it has sold the most or has the best metacritic. Get the system based on what games you like or the experience you want to have. I have both systems and I find the 3DS to be very overrated. It has great games, don't get me wrong, but a lot of those games like the new Zelda, are very easy and geared towards casuals. The Vita on the other hand, tends to have a lot of focus on JRPGs these days (you must play Persona 4 Golden if you haven't!), but still has a lot of variety to offer (more than the 3ds). Also, the Vita tends to place more emphasis on online experience. LBP Vita is a great example, so is Killzone Mercenary, even Tearaway. Dragon's Crown works great too. Also, if you like sports/competitive games, Vita will be better cause you'll be getting racers and sports games. You also get a lot of indie support, and even though many are already on PC, they tend to play better on the Vita. One thing I will say the 3DS does better than Vita is their games tend to really feel like they were made for the system, which for the Vita, they're getting there, just not quite there yet now. I think that's why people tend to complain about the Vita, cause it doesn't seem to have a lot of original games, but we're starting to see that a lot more with upcoming games like Freedom Wars. The Vita is also easier to hold and has that premium feel and also has a nicer screen (OLED). And finally, when it comes to multiplats such as Rayman Legends, the Vita is much better than 3DS. So basically, get a 3DS if you really adore Nintendo franchises (although I will say their 3rd party is shaping up real well i.e. Bravely Default).

Comduter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9 Comduter
Member since 2004 • 2316 Posts

Maybe you should should do your own research by looking up the games available for both systems and see which ones would appeal to you more. If you want advice on buying a new game or console, system wars is the last place you should go.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#10  Edited By Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

Chances are you'll get much more out of a 3DS because it has a much better library of games to chose from. Vita has some great games too, but a large portion of them are multiplats or indie titles.

bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#11 bbkkristian
Member since 2008 • 14971 Posts

@Bread_or_Decide: came in to say that. Like bread said, it's a flashy paperweight,.

I firmly recommend the 3ds over the Vita. Pokemon has been revamped, Zelda GOTY, Zelda GOAT, Animal Crossing boringness (if you like that stuff), Fire Emblem Awakening amaze-sauce, ATLUS games (too freaking many, which is a good thing), Kid Icarus Uprising humor, Ace Attorney justice, Bravely Default RPG goodness, Mario, Mario RPGs, and Mario Kart. This isn't all, but it's significantly and definitely more than I have on my playstation Vita.

Since I just saw @mrintro's post, I feel a bit biased, so I'll say: if you want games coming out at a steady rate, pick the 3DS. If you're backlog gets crowded too quickly and are looking for quick fixes, the vita.

As someone who owns a Vita, it's really hard for me to recommend it, tbh. My library proves it.

Last note: don't buy a PSVITA for PS1 and PSP games, don't count them in your decision, not when the PSP is as cheap as it is right now.

re77za

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 re77za

@bbkkristian: @Bigboi500: @Comduter: @mrintro:

Actually the thing is

I hate RPG games and some people say that 3DS' games are mostly rpg(Is that right)?

And in the other hand I can't buy Vita games and I can just get those come free on PlayStation plus But I can buy all the 3DS games.(Are the play station plus' games good enough to fill my time? while I can buy any 3ds games I want? )

donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#13 donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts

I have both, and I haven't played a game on the 3DS in ages because I don't like the library, so I agree with people that say 'look at the libraries'. The Vita, on the other hand, has lots of games I want that I can't wait to get around to, and they look better - so see which games you want to play on each, and rank them in terms of importance.

Avatar image for ShepardCommandr
ShepardCommandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14 ShepardCommandr
Member since 2013 • 4939 Posts

Well the only reason to buy a vita would be Persona 4 Golden.

re77za

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By re77za

@donalbane: I lke the Vita games more but as I said above I can only get PS plus free games but I can get any 3ds game I want(so are ps plus games good enough to fill my time? )

flashn00b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16  Edited By flashn00b
Member since 2006 • 3949 Posts

Get the one with the larger homebrew community.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#17 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

I say 3DS. Vita's best game is incredible, but it is also largely the only game worth playing on that system, in my opinion. 3DS has a smattering of great games across all genres.

bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By bbkkristian

WOW I just wrote an entire post just to accidentally hit the delete key. Ugh I hate this new Gamespot!! What happened to something called CONFIRMATIONS?

mrintro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By mrintro
Member since 2004 • 1354 Posts

@re77za said:

@bbkkristian: @Bigboi500: @Comduter: @mrintro:

Actually the thing is

I hate RPG games and some people say that 3DS' games are mostly rpg(Is that right)?

And in the other hand I can't buy Vita games and I can just get those come free on PlayStation plus But I can buy all the 3DS games.(Are the play station plus' games good enough to fill my time? while I can buy any 3ds games I want? )

If you're on a budget then the Vita is the way to go. With PS+ you'll get free games and you'll also get great discounts on games. Like last week they had the 14 for 14 sale and you could get Killzone Mercenary and Soul Sacrifice for $9 each. Also, Vita has a ton of indie support and a lot of those games can be bought for less than $15. 3DS games tend to stay around the same price (good if you want to resell, but pricey if not). Even eShop games are still kind of pricey. And Nintendo doesn't have anything that matches PS+ in value.

AtariKidX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 AtariKidX
Member since 2010 • 7156 Posts

PSVita and 3DS are very good.But if you can buy only one system better buy the 3DSXL.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8ff6a32bb23
deactivated-5c8ff6a32bb23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#22  Edited By deactivated-5c8ff6a32bb23
Member since 2012 • 3185 Posts

Do you like to play games?

re77za

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 re77za

@PonchoTaco: why do you say that?

Bren128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Bren128
Member since 2003 • 2358 Posts

I got a 3dsxl a couple weeks ago because I have a PS3 already so I can play games that are on vita already like Dragons Crown and SLY. With that being said the 3ds is absolute GARBAGE. I dont know where to begin, friend codes are stupid and awful, the internet browser is TERRIBLE, they actually restrict you with how many times you can play a demo. BTW they only have a handful of demos available. The thing is uncomfortable in my hands, the dpad is too small, the volume slide is on the left side of the 3dsxl where my hand is so its constantly being accidentally turned up. The 3d effect makes things look blurry most of the time so I keep it down. Every single thing about the vita is significantly better and only the ninty babies will argue otherwise.

The firmware update MESSED up my 3dsxl to the point where itd freeze when id go to connect to miiverse or e-shop. There is no solution! Its a common problem! You cant delete past Nintendo updates! I had to exchange my 3dsxl for another one! WTF would have happened if my 3dsxl was out of warranty? Also the best ninty games hold there value so well that you can expect to pay FULL price for 1-3 year old mario games like 3d world unless theres a sale. OOT? Full PRICE. Its no wonder ninty is going down the drain! If Sony would wisen up and actually put out quality exclusives that are SOLELY on the VIta Itd be easy to recommend Vita.

With that being said I bought a 3dsxl for both Zeldas, Pokemon, the Mario games, thats pretty much the reason to own it. If you like games on the Vita and 3ds and the determining factor is hardware then choose vita you also get PS+ and you can play demos as many times as you like. Seriously F-YOU Nintendo. I bought Zelda ALBW and its been shipped by BB it better be worth it!

Bren128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Bren128
Member since 2003 • 2358 Posts

Just one more thing if I wanna draw a penis in Miiverse why is that a problem?

V3rciS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 V3rciS
Member since 2011 • 2241 Posts

Both are good... if you ever planning to buy a PS4 then get VITA... PS+ is awesome. Otherwise get 3ds...

Avatar image for deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
deactivated-5ac102a4472fe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
Member since 2007 • 7431 Posts

Like the above poster, If you plan on a PS4 the Vita is a near no brainer. PS+ covers most of the PS platforms.

A few pros and cons:

The Vita:

+

seems to have more of the kind of games you mention that you like TC, it is a nice piece of hardware that FEELS good, and have incredibly good buttens and Sticks.

It can look really good, as in it has a really good screen

If having a ps3 or ps4, it is a really good Price to have all of those covered for free games at a decent pace. The games are rarely bad throwaways either.

Has a good selection of indie games that Works fairly well.

-

Has the batterylife of a brick, it runs out at 5 hours on average, meaning that it is less then portable in reality.

For the PS+ games you would need memorycards, here is a fun fact: Those Cards? they cost so insanely much that yhey alone could cover the cost of 3-4 games depending on size (anything under 8 gb is utter useless, under 16 is an annoyance (think it is 16 anyways)

3DS:

+

Has the most games, at the biggest pace, there are some of everything, but certain genres feels less present (maybe they are just not released here)

Has a decent batterylife I think the XL has around 10 hours? which is about twice the Vitas.

can be folded (when on the go, this is a pretty important fact, as the screens are protected

-

the 3d is mostly useless, and drains power too fast

a huge chunk of the games present does not sound like your kind of thing by the games you listed (note: it does have some really good games still)

built quality does not feel overly great, controls and buttens are merely "ok"

rarely that both screens are used for anything useful, not a huge critique, but would like that if only one screen was used, the other could be coded to turn off to save power).

Overall, I think that the 3ds offers better value and a wider selection, what you do not like now may change in the future afterall.

which is kind of Ironic given how I prefer the Vita.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#28 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

9 out of 10 times I suggest a 3DS, but the last friend whom I helped buy a 3DS and Link Between Worlds wishes he had bought a Vita instead after I let him borrow mine.

I say Vita.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8ff6a32bb23
deactivated-5c8ff6a32bb23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 deactivated-5c8ff6a32bb23
Member since 2012 • 3185 Posts

@re77za said:

@PonchoTaco: why do you say that?

If you like to play games, buy a Vita.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#30 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44542 Posts

If you're expecting a console experience on a handheld you'll probably want a Vita.

The 3DS has a lot of unique handheld titles and the entire celebrated DS library that's compatible on it was well.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

#31  Edited By cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38032 Posts

I think your freedom to buy what you want is more important than either system. Save your money, get a good lawyer and deal with that (don't ask why) issue.

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

@Bren128 said:

Just one more thing if I wanna draw a penis in Miiverse why is that a problem?

-.-

I'm glad this sort of thing gets filtered out appropriately. I don't want people doing stupid crap like that on Miiverse.

As for my actual answer, because it's supposed to be a family friendly environment.

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#33 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

Get a 3DS. More games= better.

ButDuuude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By ButDuuude
Member since 2013 • 1907 Posts

Vita has lots of games.

lild1425

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#35 lild1425
Member since 2004 • 6757 Posts

@Bren128 said:

I got a 3dsxl a couple weeks ago because I have a PS3 already so I can play games that are on vita already like Dragons Crown and SLY. With that being said the 3ds is absolute GARBAGE. I dont know where to begin, friend codes are stupid and awful, the internet browser is TERRIBLE, they actually restrict you with how many times you can play a demo. BTW they only have a handful of demos available. The thing is uncomfortable in my hands, the dpad is too small, the volume slide is on the left side of the 3dsxl where my hand is so its constantly being accidentally turned up. The 3d effect makes things look blurry most of the time so I keep it down. Every single thing about the vita is significantly better and only the ninty babies will argue otherwise.

The firmware update MESSED up my 3dsxl to the point where itd freeze when id go to connect to miiverse or e-shop. There is no solution! Its a common problem! You cant delete past Nintendo updates! I had to exchange my 3dsxl for another one! WTF would have happened if my 3dsxl was out of warranty? Also the best ninty games hold there value so well that you can expect to pay FULL price for 1-3 year old mario games like 3d world unless theres a sale. OOT? Full PRICE. Its no wonder ninty is going down the drain! If Sony would wisen up and actually put out quality exclusives that are SOLELY on the VIta Itd be easy to recommend Vita.

With that being said I bought a 3dsxl for both Zeldas, Pokemon, the Mario games, thats pretty much the reason to own it. If you like games on the Vita and 3ds and the determining factor is hardware then choose vita you also get PS+ and you can play demos as many times as you like. Seriously F-YOU Nintendo. I bought Zelda ALBW and its been shipped by BB it better be worth it!

Yeah, the hardware feels ancient after the Vita. 3DS is worth it for the usuals....Zelda, Animal Crossing, Pokemon, Mario, etc.

spaceninja818

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By spaceninja818
Member since 2009 • 425 Posts

I guess it depends on what type of games you like. Some of my favorite games on 3DS are Fire Emblem: Awakening and Resident Evil: Revelations. As much as I wanted to, I could not get into those Pokemon, Mario and Zelda games. They felt too childish for me. On Vita I really enjoyed Persona 4 (even though I've beaten it like 100 times on PS2), Uncharted and Killzone.

I think it depends on whether you like family friendly games or mature games. Both systems are great at what they do.

Opus_Rea-333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Opus_Rea-333
Member since 2013 • 1238 Posts

@re77za said:

@Bread_or_Decide said:

Why?!!

if you want to waste your money thats your choice.

IMO get 3DS instead of Vita.

bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By bbkkristian

You said you can only get PS+ if you get a vita? Then get a 3ds

j2zon2591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 j2zon2591
Member since 2005 • 3571 Posts

3DS.

You will have a more wider game palette contrast to your Xbox games.

It's also more popular and you may find the future support better and you are likely to meet more 3DS people in real life to share your hobby with.

I personally prefer the VITA tho and I also love PS+.