3DS launch line up was as horrible as DS's horrible launch line up.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

VFXman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 VFXman
Member since 2004 • 2448 Posts

It was like 3d deja vu.

But just like the DS after a few years its games will be great.

Atleast we didnt have to suffer with "Touch the Magic 3d".

I hope we get some side scrolling Castlevania, Dawn of Sorrow was my all time favorite DS game.

OreoMilkshake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#2 OreoMilkshake
Member since 2009 • 12833 Posts
The 3DS had a better launch.
VFXman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 VFXman

Explain yourself!

OreoMilkshake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#4 OreoMilkshake
Member since 2009 • 12833 Posts
It had one more AA game. Also Ridge Racer 3D is much better than Ridge Racer DS. Why you feel the need to discuss this 6 months after release? A mystery.
VFXman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 VFXman

Your case in point is a ridge racer game?

Dismissed.

WarTornRuston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 WarTornRuston
Member since 2011 • 2712 Posts

The 3DS is a useless machine. Every game is just more Nintendo rehashed. Another Mario Kart, TOOT for the .....I don't even know how many times, another Mario, Mario Tennis that only fanboys care about. It is all the same. Not to mention it is still over-priced. They either refuse or are now unable to make new IP's, they farm out their franchise's and get them butchered with few exceptions, there tech is out-dated before it hits the shelves (I have a phone that does better 3D), AND SO ON AND SO ON.

Nintendo is gonna find out quick when the 3DS never meets expectations and the Wii U is a total flop that they will either need to hire people with new ideas or go 3rd party. This is the last handhelds we will probably see (well Nintendo will try again and fail), andI doubt Nintendo has it in them to pull another Wii out of their crack.

Avatar image for deactivated-58085ca3415e8
deactivated-58085ca3415e8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 deactivated-58085ca3415e8
Member since 2009 • 388 Posts

Fail. Super Street Fighter IV, Dead or Alive Dimensions, Ocarina of Time and Resident Evil Mercenaries. The only game worth owning on DS until MArio Kart came out really was Mario 64. The quality of these titles aren't the rushed garbage on DS' launch.

VFXman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 VFXman

DoA sucked. SF sucked.

OOT is good but thats because its oot, and RE is recycled junk.

The only thing 3ds has on DS is eshop.

3DS is useless till the winterline up.

Atleast Mario 64 had some decent new content and fun mini games.

peterw007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 peterw007
Member since 2005 • 3653 Posts

USA DS launch games:

Super Mario 64 DS

Asphalt Urban GT

The Urbz: Sims in the City

Feel the Magic: XY/XX

Spider-Man 2

Madden NFL 2005

Metroid Prime Hunters - First Hunt (Demo)

---

USA 3DS launch games:

AR Games

Asphalt 3D

Bust-a-Move Universe

Combat of Giants: Dinosaurs 3D

Face Raiders

Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars

Madden NFL Football

Nintendogs + Cats

Pilotwings Resort

Pro Evolution Soccer 3DS

Rayman 3D

Ridge Racer 3D

Samurai Warriors: Chronicles

Steel Diver

Super Monkey Ball 3D

Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition

The Sims 3

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars

---

I would say the 3DS actually has a better launch lineup.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

DoA sucked. SF sucked.

3DS is useless till the winterline up.

VFXman
Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars is very good. It's the only launch title worth owning. OOT and Star Fox are also both great, but they aren't launch titles.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 deactivated-58085ca3415e8

DoA sucked. SF sucked.

3DS is useless till the winterline up.VFXman

No they didn't. They are better than many PSP games. The quality of Super matches the quality of my SFIV on PS3 in terms of gameplay. I know because I own both.

DS for the most part had nothing until Mario kart came. And don't get me started on PSP. I know I'm going to get some cows attack me but seriously the game drought on that machine was all over the place. Launch a good game, then nothing. Two good games over the next year (one at the start of the year and one at Christmas). Another good game a year after and only when it got to 2009 did things start picking up followed by another game drought and then a good lineup just before Vita was announced.

3DS has had one of the much better launch lineups I've seen in systems. If you think this lineup sucks you haven't played many systems at all.

VFXman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 VFXman

Ghost recon 3ds kinda looked like a advance war inspired game, is that right to say?

I might have to pick it up.

Avatar image for APiranhaAteMyVa
APiranhaAteMyVa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 APiranhaAteMyVa
Member since 2011 • 4160 Posts
If the 3DS manages to become what the DS has become, this is going to be another amazing handheld. Launch titles aren't too big of a deal, most systems have pretty slim pickings for it's first year, then the games games start to drop.
VFXman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 VFXman

If the 3DS manages to become what the DS has become, this is going to be another amazing handheld. Launch titles aren't too big of a deal, most systems have pretty slim pickings for it's first year, then the games games start to drop. APiranhaAteMyVa

I agree with this, when Meteos came out for DS i was in love same with dawn of sorrow and mkds. They were such addictive games.

Wheres my meteos 3d?!!!!!!!!!1

greenskittles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 greenskittles
Member since 2011 • 661 Posts

Either way the 3DS is not going to compare to the DS in terms of sheer success in sales. The mobile market has taken a significant chunk out of Nintendo's casual games, you can get a million Nintendogs and Brain Training rip offs on iPhone and Android.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 deactivated-58085ca3415e8

Either way the 3DS is not going to compare to the DS in terms of sheer success in sales. The mobile market has taken a significant chunk out of Nintendo's casual games, you can get a million Nintendogs and Brain Training rip offs of iPhone and Android.greenskittles

Thats ok. I-Phone can keep the shovelware. I'll be playing real games.

VFXman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 VFXman

Either way the 3DS is not going to compare to the DS in terms of sheer success in sales. The mobile market has taken a significant chunk out of Nintendo's casual games, you can get a million Nintendogs and Brain Training rip offs of iPhone and Android.

greenskittles

True, i sometimes forget how much sales for DS were due to just casual gamers.

Timstuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#18 Timstuff
Member since 2002 • 26840 Posts
The DS didn't have to compete with smartphones.
Avatar image for APiranhaAteMyVa
APiranhaAteMyVa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 APiranhaAteMyVa
Member since 2011 • 4160 Posts

Either way the 3DS is not going to compare to the DS in terms of sheer success in sales. The mobile market has taken a significant chunk out of Nintendo's casual games, you can get a million Nintendogs and Brain Training rip offs on iPhone and Android.

greenskittles
One thing the 3DS does have over phones, is children. I doubt many parents are going to get their kids phone contracts for an iPhone just to play some games, not to mention the whole hassle of having to download all the games. I think the 3DS can still thrive despite the competition, I think it is now competitively priced for people to want to pick up, and it will have the Nintendo exclusives as well as other third party games you can't find on the iPhone/other phones. It may not sell 120 million or so, but there is nothing really to say it won't either, just people speculating about phones taking away all the consumers who bought a DS. There may still be a major audience who wants a dedicated handheld.
Avatar image for darth-pyschosis
darth-pyschosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 darth-pyschosis
Member since 2006 • 9322 Posts
Yea 3DS line up was better, not great but better. I enjoyed Pilotwings, SSFIV, and Ghost Recon, I've heard good things about Ridge Racer and Rayman Also, DOA and Zelda and RE so close after launch were nice. But hey i'm just a person with an opinion from the time he's spent playing most of those games on the device he owns, what does that matter in SW?
GamerEye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#21 GamerEye
Member since 2011 • 1607 Posts

[QUOTE="greenskittles"]

APiranhaAteMyVa

One thing the 3DS does have over phones, is children. I doubt many parents are going to get their kids phone contracts for an iPhone just to play some games, not to mention the whole hassle of having to download all the games. I think the 3DS can still thrive despite the competition, I think it is now competitively priced for people to want to pick up, and it will have the Nintendo exclusives as well as other third party games you can't find on the iPhone/other phones. It may not sell 120 million or so, but there is nothing really to say it won't either, just people speculating about phones taking away all the consumers who bought a DS. There may still be a major audience who wants a dedicated handheld.

I completly agree.

greenskittles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#22 greenskittles
Member since 2011 • 661 Posts

@APiranhaAteMyVa

I don't disagree that there won't be a big enough audience to support the 3DS. If the quality is there then I think for the most part the 3DS will be a success. Of course whatever I say is speculation but I think most people will agree that Nintendo is not going to do another 150 million for the 3DS. It's still early days, the original DS was pretty crappy too but like others have said it didn't have to contend with the rapidly growing market for iPhone and Android games.

Ninja_Odin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Ninja_Odin
Member since 2011 • 386 Posts
In 3DS's defence...at least the thing didn't look like a ugly piece of ****.
PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

Ghost recon 3ds kinda looked like a advance war inspired game, is that right to say?

I might have to pick it up.

VFXman
I haven't played Advance Wars, but it looks similar. It plays like Valkyria Chronicles, only it's isometric instead of having 3rd person perspective and controls when you move.