360s breaking is not as big a deal as people think

This topic is locked from further discussion.

redsoxrock88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 redsoxrock88
Member since 2005 • 698 Posts

Whenever i read a topic about 360 games there are always a few fanboys that have to get in their very important statement. "It is a defective console, so I will not get it!" The 360's may be breaking, but people make a much larger deal of it. I know about 10 friends that have 360's, and when i got one last December only one of them had ever had theirs break. So i was not very worried about mine breaking. But after about 3 months of playing, and loving my 360, I did get the 3 red rings. At first I was very pissed. I called the 360 people and told them what happend. They said they would ship me a box to mail my 360. 3 days later the box shows up. That day, I pack up my 360 and ship it back to Microsoft. Then I went on vacation for 6 days. Then when I got home it was back. And inside wasn't just a new 360, but I also got a copying of the game the Godfather, and 2 free months of XBL gold. So overall I was very pleased, I wasnt allowed to use my 360 for about 10 days, but I probably wouldn't have even played it fo r7 of those days, plus i got a free game.

I have actually hoped my 360 would break again so I would get more free stuff, but it is too much fun.

So I have had my new 360 for about 3 months now and nothing has gone wrong. So if fanboys, are gonna complain about having to wait 10 days to play a system, then they are crazy. Plus I know that Sony fanboys can wait that long, they are waiting an entire year, to play a few good games.

Also I am not a 360 fanboy, I plan to get a PS3, and maybe a wii, in the future.

jt8b2z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 jt8b2z
Member since 2005 • 7189 Posts
um, i am waiting on my 4th new 360 at the moment, so i am afraid it is a big deal to me. I would sel it all and get a ps3 , but there are like no games i want on the ps3 at the moment.
PeterTimpa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 PeterTimpa
Member since 2005 • 2509 Posts
My friend and I bought one and we havent had any trouble with ours. That is pretty cool they reimbursed you. Personally I like all 3 companies and system but I think Nintendo has the best help support team. Sony and MS are good but I had so much trouble with the PSP I went through 3 of em and said screw it I gettin an iPOD. All of them are real friendly but Nintendo is like wow it could have just been the person I talked to though
archpro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 archpro
Member since 2007 • 981 Posts

um, i am waiting on my 4th new 360 at the moment, so i am afraid it is a big deal to me. I would sel it all and get a ps3 , but there are like no games i want on the ps3 at the moment.jt8b2z

My friend's on his 3rd, but i think it's because his room is not well ventilated, he'll never go Sony though.

majadamus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#5 majadamus
Member since 2003 • 10292 Posts

Whenever i read a topic about 360 games there are always a few fanboys that have to get in their very important statement. "It is a defective console, so I will not get it!" The 360's may be breaking, but people make a much larger deal of it. I know about 10 friends that have 360's, and when i got one last December only one of them had ever had theirs break. So i was not very worried about mine breaking. But after about 3 months of playing, and loving my 360, I did get the 3 red rings. At first I was very pissed. I called the 360 people and told them what happend. They said they would ship me a box to mail my 360. 3 days later the box shows up. That day, I pack up my 360 and ship it back to Microsoft. Then I went on vacation for 6 days. Then when I got home it was back. And inside wasn't just a new 360, but I also got a copying of the game the Godfather, and 2 free months of XBL gold. So overall I was very pleased, I wasnt allowed to use my 360 for about 10 days, but I probably wouldn't have even played it fo r7 of those days, plus i got a free game.

I have actually hoped my 360 would break again so I would get more free stuff, but it is too much fun.

So I have had my new 360 for about 3 months now and nothing has gone wrong. So if fanboys, are gonna complain about having to wait 10 days to play a system, then they are crazy. Plus I know that Sony fanboys can wait that long, they are waiting an entire year, to play a few good games.

Also I am not a 360 fanboy, I plan to get a PS3, and maybe a wii, in the future.

redsoxrock88

Whatever helps you sleep at night. None of my consoles have EVER had this problem. People need to take better care of their electronics.

-Sir-Poof-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 -Sir-Poof-
Member since 2006 • 4544 Posts
my sister in law isnt getting her son a 360 because its faulty....so i guess to some people it is a big deal.
jt8b2z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 jt8b2z
Member since 2005 • 7189 Posts
[QUOTE="redsoxrock88"]

majadamus

Whatever helps you sleep at night. None of my consoles have EVER had this problem. People need to take better care of their electronics.

i have taken perfect care of my 360's and all of them ended up breaking somehow, just face it, there is a big problem with them.

mazdaspeed-rx8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 mazdaspeed-rx8
Member since 2007 • 1000 Posts
personally, i dont play my 360 any more. once mass effect comes out im pretty much selling the thing. i hate knowing that i have a ticking bomb waiting to explode ( in this case get the 3 rings of death).
crck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 crck
Member since 2006 • 2559 Posts
Oh yeah? What about the people who bought launch consoles that broke out of warranty while MS was dening anything was wrong with their system for 7 months? Alot of people including me weren't willing to pay MS $140 to fix their own defective garbage so opened it ourselves to try and fix it. Guess what? All those people got screwed out of the warranty because MS was lying through their teeth for over half a year. Just because you got lucky and your system died within the warranty period doesn't mean MS gets a free pass. They should get a black eye to their brand and company name from the press as well as the multiple lawsuits up their ass. Not to mention this "new" warranty only covers 3 redlights and not the other multitude of other problems with the system. 2 redlights (overheating), busted dvd drives and scratching dvd drives.
Lonelynight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Lonelynight
Member since 2006 • 30051 Posts
I won't get it because there is a chance it might break and I'm not taking that chance, 360s here are really expensive and I don't think they will help to repair or replace it where I live I would rather spend the money upgrading my PC
sadikovic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 sadikovic
Member since 2004 • 3868 Posts

My 360 hasn't broken or shown any signs that it will soon, But Im not ignorant to whats been happening to others I just hope my doesnt break not because it will cost me money to fix but because I dont want to have to go through the trouble of getting it fixed.

Plus with the new warranty im not that bothered if it breaks or not, Ill just feel a bit annoyed nothing more to say here to be honest with.

InsaneBasura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#12 InsaneBasura
Member since 2005 • 12591 Posts

redsoxrock88

But you are Satan!

redsoxrock88
Level 21
Rescue Ranger

Why should we trust you?

crck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 crck
Member since 2006 • 2559 Posts
[QUOTE="redsoxrock88"]

[/QUOTE

majadamus
]So you dont think anything is wrong with the 360? MS is just shelling out 1.15 billion for fun huh? Damn some people need to get a clue.
Cedmln

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#14 Cedmln
Member since 2006 • 8802 Posts
Um yes it is.