360 Sells 1.25mil in Nov nearly 2x all other consoles and >Wiiu+Wii combined

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#-49 Posted by TheDidact (3981 posts) -

[QUOTE="TrueAmerican007"][QUOTE="GamerwillzPS"]

1.26m for no games and Xbox Live fees. Can someone explain clearly to me why?

GamerwillzPS

herp derp look at me, I'm a SNIPER wannabe!!!!!

I have 14 Xbox 360 exclusives right here. Why would people buy a console for 14 games and to get ripped off by XBL?

OMG it sucks right! Only being able to buy 14 games which at one point totaled at $840. :roll:
#-48 Posted by The_Game21x (26342 posts) -

GamerwillzPS

I have 14 Xbox 360 exclusives right here. Why would people buy a console for 14 games and to get ripped off by XBL?

Oh gawd. :lol:

You're not stupid enough to think your taste in games translates to the real world, are you?

#-47 Posted by spiderluck (2376 posts) -

[QUOTE="clyde46"][QUOTE="DanteSuikoden"]

Agreed. I wonder how their success will transfer over to the next gen though.

Rocker6

The console will have to priced attractively, no one will pay stupid money because don't have as much disposable income this time around.

True, a $600 console would be a recipe for the disaster this time around. Furthermore, I don't think devs will focus on raw hardware power much, as this gen provided strong proof how that doesn't matter too much to the general audiences. That's a win-win for console vendors, the production costs are cheaper and they can make profit per unit sold more easier, while the consumer is left with an affordable product...

On the other hand what else can they offer but raw horsepower...I'm not biting on any media related bullsh!t...gen is exhausted ..only the excitement of something really really new or powerful will be enough to draw in hordes of buyers ...Wii U being a case in point ...Although I could be wrong I dont expect this Nintendo iteration to maintain any kind of sustained enthusiasm...I really believe a higher priced and more powerful option would be wise given the wealth of possibilites now available to manufacturers to sell their product through subscription or alternate financing options ...Works for phones and given that MS as an example could keep selling the 360 at bargain basement prices knowing the enthusiasts would be willing to pay a premium for power...I know I would
#-46 Posted by Rocker6 (13358 posts) -

What about GameRankings? I've heard that arkephonic said something about them having rules to balance things out, which is something that Metacritic lacks according to Rocker. Well, I don't know which website is better. Gotta use GameRankings more to see how it compare with Metacritic.

GamerwillzPS

I honestly have no idea about GameRankings and their standards, so can't comment on it, hell, can't even remember ever visiting that site, MC entirely overshadowed it in popularity...

But I have a feeling that even if they have some rules in place, they must be fairly loose...

#-45 Posted by GamerwillzPS (8530 posts) -

[QUOTE="GamerwillzPS"]

[QUOTE="TrueAmerican007"] herp derp look at me, I'm a SNIPER wannabe!!!!!The_Game21x

You're not stupid enough to think your taste in games translates to the real world, are you?

Those 14 games are the only good games out of 360's library in my book, so...

Another will be added at Christmas, which is Halo 4. Couldn't give a toss about Forza Horizon.

#-44 Posted by The_Game21x (26342 posts) -

[QUOTE="The_Game21x"]

[QUOTE="GamerwillzPS"]

GamerwillzPS

Another will be added at Christmas, which is Halo 4. Couldn't give a toss about Forza Horizon.

Exactly.

In case you didn't know, most of the gaming world doesn't think like you.

#-43 Posted by nervmeister (15188 posts) -

[QUOTE="clyde46"][QUOTE="GamerwillzPS"]

GamerwillzPS

Halo 4.

That's all?

Halo is an IP with one of the strongest followings even compared to multiplats. What'd you expect?
#-42 Posted by GamerwillzPS (8530 posts) -

[QUOTE="GamerwillzPS"]

What about GameRankings? I've heard that arkephonic said something about them having rules to balance things out, which is something that Metacritic lacks according to Rocker. Well, I don't know which website is better. Gotta use GameRankings more to see how it compare with Metacritic.

Rocker6

I honestly have no idea about GameRankings and their standards, so can't comment on it, hell, can't even remember ever visiting that site, MC entirely overshadowed it in popularity...

But I have a feeling that even if they have some rules in place, they must be fairly loose...

Their standards are found here.

#-41 Posted by SaltyMeatballs (25150 posts) -
Worst time in the 360's life is when it sells well. Lol.
#-40 Posted by loosingENDS (11775 posts) -

[QUOTE="GamerwillzPS"]

[QUOTE="clyde46"] Halo 4.nervmeister

That's all?

Halo is an IP with one of the strongest followings even compared to multiplats. What'd you expect?

Indeed, but i guess Witcher 2, Fable Journey, Forza and the best online ever helped a lot too

#-39 Posted by GamerwillzPS (8530 posts) -

[QUOTE="GamerwillzPS"]

[QUOTE="The_Game21x"]

The_Game21x

Exactly.

In case you didn't know, most of the gaming world doesn't think like you.

I know that everybody have their own opinions and tastes.

But I don't buy mediocre games. 14 is small but sweet.

#-38 Posted by Duckyindiana (2288 posts) -

GamerwillzPS
Because not everyone is a biased fangirl like you!!
#-37 Posted by cainetao11 (16875 posts) -

GamerwillzPS

Maybe people assess value individually? You know like as in personal tastes. I dont like many JRPG's. I am not confused as to why others do. It's because they are not me.
#-36 Posted by CaseyWegner (70104 posts) -

GamerwillzPS

you have 14 exclusives? above you said it had no games.

#-35 Posted by HaloPimp978 (7263 posts) -

The only reason 360 sold well is because of the 200 dollar Kinect budle.

#-34 Posted by GamerwillzPS (8530 posts) -

[QUOTE="GamerwillzPS"]

[QUOTE="TrueAmerican007"] herp derp look at me, I'm a SNIPER wannabe!!!!!CaseyWegner

2005 to 2012 with 14 exclusives?

#-33 Posted by CaseyWegner (70104 posts) -

[QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]

[QUOTE="GamerwillzPS"]

GamerwillzPS

if that's all you chose to buy. i'm not really sure what you're trying to show here.

#-32 Posted by clyde46 (44938 posts) -

[QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]

[QUOTE="GamerwillzPS"]

GamerwillzPS

#-31 Posted by spiderluck (2376 posts) -

[QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]

[QUOTE="GamerwillzPS"]

GamerwillzPS

Hmm not to mention the huge batch of multiplats that are arguably better on the 360 to the point that for all intents and purposes may as well have been exclusives...But I guess you bought those for your ps3...Your cowness is showing Willy
#-30 Posted by GamerwillzPS (8530 posts) -

[QUOTE="GamerwillzPS"]

[QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]

CaseyWegner

if that's all you chose to buy. i'm not really sure what you're trying to show here.

Nothing really, just pointing out the shallow amount of 360 exclusives since launch. It's oversaturated by Kinect which is a real shame. I call them shovelware.

The news about Microsoft setting up a new core studio somewhere in Canada for their next console is good news, but I'm not holding my breath though. Remember how Microsoft just suddenly dropped core in 2009? Knowing Microsoft, I'm being cautious with their shady practices.

#-29 Posted by Ghost120x (3738 posts) -
No surprises here because it's US sales data.
#-28 Posted by CaseyWegner (70104 posts) -

[QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]

[QUOTE="GamerwillzPS"]

GamerwillzPS

Nothing really, just pointing out the shallow amount of 360 exclusives since launch. It's oversaturated by Kinect which is a real shame. I call them shovelware.

The news about Microsoft setting up a new core studio somewhere in Canada for their next console is good news, but I'm not holding my breath though. Remember how Microsoft just suddenly dropped core in 2009? Knowing Microsoft, I'm being cautious with their shady practices.

games you chose to buy does not point out anything other than that those were the games you chose to buy. i own 3 ps3 exclusives. do you see me going around saying that it only has three games?

#-27 Posted by ShuichiChamp24 (5014 posts) -
So PSAS did less then 90k combined, that game bomb. Vita didn't do to hot too, did pretty bad actually.
#-26 Posted by The_Game21x (26342 posts) -

[QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]

[QUOTE="GamerwillzPS"]

GamerwillzPS

Shallow amount of exclusives to you, a very important distinction you fail to recognize.

Just because you don't want to acknowledge that the 360 has just as many high rated exclusives as the PS3 (According to GameSpot) and more games period (according to reality) doesn't make your version of reality real and endlessly claiming "but I only bought 14 exclusives so the 360 has no games!" (as obviously contradictory as that is) won't change reality.

#-25 Posted by GamerwillzPS (8530 posts) -

[QUOTE="GamerwillzPS"]

[QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]

CaseyWegner

games you chose to buy does not point out anything other than that those were the games you chose to buy. i own 3 ps3 exclusives. do you see me going around saying that it only has three games?

I know, I know. :P

I like to go along with my book. My tastes, my opinions.

#-24 Posted by CaseyWegner (70104 posts) -

[QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]

[QUOTE="GamerwillzPS"]

GamerwillzPS

I know, I know. :P

I like to go along with my book. My tastes, my opinions.

that's fine. just don't act like your opinion = fact.

#-23 Posted by Meeeper282 (1602 posts) -

Xbox had a $50 pricedrop

And the PS3 Sold 750k

#-22 Posted by GamerwillzPS (8530 posts) -

Xbox had a $50 pricedrop

And the PS3 Sold 750k

Meeeper282

Proof?

#-21 Posted by TheEpicGoat (2006 posts) -

Nice for MS

#-20 Posted by Meeeper282 (1602 posts) -

[QUOTE="Meeeper282"]

Xbox had a $50 pricedrop

And the PS3 Sold 750k

GamerwillzPS

Proof?

nvm it's 630k

#-19 Posted by CanYouDiglt (7310 posts) -
The 360 is selling
#-18 Posted by GamerwillzPS (8530 posts) -

The 360 is selling  CanYouDiglt

You seem happy. :lol:

It's only happening in the US. The land of the world! (According to Americans)

#-17 Posted by Chutebox (36607 posts) -

[QUOTE="CanYouDiglt"]The 360 is selling  GamerwillzPS

Any way you look at it, it's selling well.
#-16 Posted by CanYouDiglt (7310 posts) -

[QUOTE="CanYouDiglt"]The 360 is selling  GamerwillzPS

Seriously grow up already.
#-15 Posted by Ly_the_Fairy (8652 posts) -

I would love to get a 360 myself to compliment my PC, but my friend owns three of them, so I just mooch :P

I think at this point, though, I'll just wait for the next Xbox considering most people speculate it'll show up at next year's E3.

#-14 Posted by kuraimen (28078 posts) -

I see NA still has bad taste lol. Thankfully the rest of the world knows better.

#-13 Posted by Cheleman (7616 posts) -

Very nice digits. Hopefully this translates into more core games in the near future, though I highly doubt it:P

#-12 Posted by Slashkice (13054 posts) -

What's the timeframe for this month? Just wondering because those Wii U numbers are only marginally different from what was reported about Black Friday.

#-11 Posted by battlefieldfan4 (258 posts) -

Let's hope all those sales will translate to better games. God knows the lems need them now more than ever.

#-10 Posted by Thefatness16 (4672 posts) -

What's the timeframe for this month? Just wondering because those Wii U numbers are only marginally different from what was reported about Black Friday.

Slashkice

Tracking period ended on the 24th. So a week of tracking for the Wii U.

#-9 Posted by Slashkice (13054 posts) -

Tracking period ended on the 24th. So a week of tracking for the Wii U.

Thefatness16

Well that explains it. Thanks.

#-8 Posted by Jonwh18 (9350 posts) -

Wh o would have thought :o 360 which get most of is sales in america does welll during Black friday an american event?

#-6 Posted by AM-Gamer (3570 posts) -

[QUOTE="GamerwillzPS"]

RR360DD

Console with the best library (according to both gamespot and metacritic), best online service, best controller, best multiplats .....

Seems like a good reason to buy the 360;)

Counting this cheap XBL titles again to help your argument? The PS3 has had a superior library since 2008, best controller? If you like holding a hamburger. Best multipalts? 90% are near identical and just as many superior ones the 360 has had this year the PS3 has had just as many if not more. The 360 is casual garbage geared toward kinect with no br player and a crappy interface not to mention the online is a joke as PS+ utterly obliterates it in value. RE5 and BIoshock 2 for free? What does XBL give you ? A chance to play games which PSN does for free.

#-5 Posted by AM-Gamer (3570 posts) -

[QUOTE="GamerwillzPS"]

[QUOTE="CanYouDiglt"]The 360 is selling  TheEpicGoat

That looks worse on Sony's part then, they are popular in US/UK/Jap and they still loss last month.

Err No they didnt, those numbers are just from the US. The 360 got 1.25 mill in NA the PS3 got 850k thats not counting the rest of the world in which the PS3 probably came close to equaling it. Whats funny is the PS3 launched at $150 dollars more gave the 360 a year head start and they still managed to tie them .

#-4 Posted by TheXFiles88 (1040 posts) -

I see NA still has bad taste lol. Thankfully the rest of the world knows better.

kuraimen

Counting this cheap XBL titles again to help your argument? The PS3 has had a superior library since 2008, best controller? If you like holding a hamburger. Best multipalts? 90% are near identical and just as many superior ones the 360 has had this year the PS3 has had just as many if not more. The 360 is casual garbage geared toward kinect with no br player and a crappy interface not to mention the online is a joke as PS+ utterly obliterates it in value. RE5 and BIoshock 2 for free? What does XBL give you ? A chance to play games which PSN does for free.

AM-Gamer

North America only=useless. Worldwide numbers are all that matter.AmazonTreeBoa

:lol:

#-3 Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (16745 posts) -
North America only=useless. Worldwide numbers are all that matter.
#-2 Posted by OhSnapitz (18107 posts) -

[QUOTE="TheEpicGoat"]

[QUOTE="GamerwillzPS"]

AM-Gamer

That looks worse on Sony's part then, they are popular in US/UK/Jap and they still loss last month.

Err No they didnt, those numbers are just from the US. The 360 got 1.25 mill in NA the PS3 got 850k thats not counting the rest of the world in which the PS3 probably came close to equaling it. Whats funny is the PS3 launched at $150 dollars more gave the 360 a year head start and they still managed to tie them .

No my friend they finished dead last... and that's even with them lying about their numbers.. (including ps2& psv sales in their totals.. :lol: )
#-1 Posted by spiderluck (2376 posts) -

kuraimen
Worlwide best selling console of 2011 = 360.....still champ until proven otherwise...the world seems to disagree with you....surprise surprise
#0 Posted by The_Game21x (26342 posts) -

[QUOTE="RR360DD"]

[QUOTE="GamerwillzPS"]

AM-Gamer

Console with the best library (according to both gamespot and metacritic), best online service, best controller, best multiplats .....

Seems like a good reason to buy the 360;)

No it hasn't. The PS3 only overtook the 360 in 2011 and the 360 came back to tie it this year. And that's only on GameSpot. On Metacritic, the 360 has more high rated games than the PS3.

Best controller? Meh, this one is subjective but as far as I'm concerned, the 360 controller destroys the PS3 controller in comfort and ergonomics.

Not only does the 360 have a huge lead over the PS3 with PC/360 titles that the PS3 doesn't have, most multiplats this gen have favored the 360. It's just pure fact.

Lots of opinions and untruths in this mess so I'm not even going to bother.