360 can PULL OFF CRYSIS EASY. PS3 would STRUGGLE trying to PULL OFF CRYSIS!!!

• 59 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

GamerGuy07360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 GamerGuy07360
Member since 2007 • 422 Posts

360 Is already close to on par with Crysis. Look at GRAW 2 it's close. But here is a better example Battlefield Bad Company go watch the full in game engine trailer on Live Marketplace on a nice HD tv setup the graphics are SICK and the environments are fully destructible. Now go ahead say BF is going to be on PS3 also. I'm betting right now that it will not look even close to as good as the 360 version. It's a bet it is being developed around the 360 and will be ported to PS3 like all the games are it seems.

The reason i say the PS3 would struggle at Crysis is the RAM issues the textures will suffer because of this on PS3 Also this game is being developed on PC and the 360 is much more closer to a PC development standpoint. With the ease of development and the FACT that the 360 GPU can pull of a few DX10 bells and whitles it's a bet the 360 can get dam close to Crysis level graphics if not on par totaly with it. Now granted a SUPER PC can and will run it at higher res, and more frames depending on just how sick powerful the PC is. But i'm banking on the 360 can pull it off at 30 frames and at 720P

With the crazy development issues of Cell and RSX being basicly a year and half old off the shelf PC card, the design flaws of the PS3 256/256 design. It will be extremely hard to port a decent version of this PC graphic beast over to PS3 with out it looking much downgraded.

Discus!

BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts

"360 Is already close to on par with Crysis. Look at GRAW 2 it's close."

There is where I stopped reading. GRAW 2 isn't even close at all to Crysis.

blurb1324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 blurb1324
Member since 2004 • 4551 Posts
So you have no basis to say that the PS3 version of BF will look bad? It's not as if the PS3 versions of games look atrocious compared to the 360 versions.
Nugtoka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Nugtoka
Member since 2003 • 1812 Posts
After the Ps3's release its pretty clear who has the supior gameing hardware. Nice try sony but I'd rather play games then watch bueray movies
ps3gen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ps3gen
Member since 2005 • 2023 Posts

BioShockOwnz

lol
Cpt_Meh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Cpt_Meh
Member since 2005 • 1832 Posts
This thread needs to be deleted. 360 cannont run Crysis, let alone EASILY. And PS3 can't run it either. Sorry.
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#7 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
The recommended requirements for Crysis are a DX10 GPU and 1.5GB or more system RAM. I could see both consoles struggling extremely hard to run the game. Not to mention, neither of them would get DX10 features.
-Me_Ur_Daddy-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 -Me_Ur_Daddy-
Member since 2007 • 147 Posts
i got bad news for ya lemmings... http://www.gamersreports.com/news/5190/crytek-team-hints-at-ps3-project-at-gdc/
AB_Uppercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 AB_Uppercut
Member since 2007 • 1287 Posts

i got bad news for ya lemmings...

http://www.gamersreports.com/news/5190/crytek-team-hints-at-ps3-project-at-gdc/

-Me_Ur_Daddy-

360 fans owned

Felix_120192

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 Felix_120192
Member since 2003 • 360 Posts
this is funny...
GamerGuy07360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 GamerGuy07360

So you have no basis to say that the PS3 version of BF will look bad? It's not as if the PS3 versions of games look atrocious compared to the 360 versions.blurb1324

I'm just saying from a system design and developer stand point i think the 360 could get dang gone close to Crysis level graphics.

I mean look at Gears and it's only using about 50% of the 360's power per Cliffy.B and he even had it running on one core at E306 before just fine tuning it. And this is even before developers even start to tap into it more and release a few DX10 goodies the 360 GPU can pull off.

Mozo336

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Mozo336
Member since 2006 • 251 Posts
It does not require DX10.  It can run DX9 as well.  As for consoles running Crysis, dream on...
gsx1100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 gsx1100
Member since 2004 • 5263 Posts

BioShockOwnz

:lol::lol::lol:................NO:|
Mozo336

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Mozo336

It does not require DX10.  It can run DX9 as well.  As for consoles running Crysis, dream on...Mozo336

Edit**

As for consoles running Crysis = to PC, dream on...

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#15 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
It does not require DX10. It can run DX9 as well. As for consoles running Crysis, dream on...Mozo336

Of course you can run it in DX9, you will just miss out on a lot of the little graphical niceties that DX10 is going to offer.
Mozo336

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Mozo336

[QUOTE="Mozo336"]It does not require DX10. It can run DX9 as well. As for consoles running Crysis, dream on...foxhound_fox

Of course you can run it in DX9, you will just miss out on a lot of the little graphical niceties that DX10 is going to offer.

Indeed.

turgore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#17 turgore
Member since 2006 • 7859 Posts

BioShockOwnz

Well true but everthing that Crysis can offer is done on the 360 at a comparable level  . Eg . blur- lost planet , destructible trees- mercenaries , character models -fight night , huge draw distance - graw 2 , great textures- kameo , smart AI - Fear , and  you guys remember the physics thingy when a small house or w/e is that goes to pieces -well i watched the Blacksite area 51 trailer and there is  a split second when a meteor falls on a store and blows it up into pieces but it's way faster.
GamerGuy07360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 GamerGuy07360

[QUOTE="-Me_Ur_Daddy-"]i got bad news for ya lemmings... http://www.gamersreports.com/news/5190/crytek-team-hints-at-ps3-project-at-gdc/[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah we already know this. They are doing a spin off of Crysis for 360. They just say they may have a project for PS3 don't mean they will even be doing Cryteck engine or anything for all we know they could be doing Crash Bandicout 8 LOL

Dopemonk736

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Dopemonk736
Member since 2006 • 2731 Posts

Near the end of PS3/360 lifespan graphics will be close to Crysis if not on par with Crysis. But at this point, no.

turgore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 turgore
Member since 2006 • 7859 Posts
PS: Both 360 and PS3 should be able to run the Cryengine at some extent and look great.
gnutux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#21 gnutux
Member since 2005 • 1341 Posts

360 Is already close to on par with Crysis. Look at GRAW 2 it's close. But here is a better example Battlefield Bad Company go watch the full in game engine trailer on Live Marketplace on a nice HD tv setup the graphics are SICK and the environments are fully destructible. Now go ahead say BF is going to be on PS3 also. I'm betting right now that it will not look even close to as good as the 360 version. It's a bet it is being developed around the 360 and will be ported to PS3 like all the games are it seems.

The reason i say the PS3 would struggle at Crysis is the RAM issues the textures will suffer because of this on PS3 Also this game is being developed on PC and the 360 is much more closer to a PC development standpoint. With the ease of development and the FACT that the 360 GPU can pull of a few DX10 bells and whitles it's a bet the 360 can get dam close to Crysis level graphics if not on par totaly with it. Now granted a SUPER PC can and will run it at higher res, and more frames depending on just how sick powerful the PC is. But i'm banking on the 360 can pull it off at 30 frames and at 720P

With the crazy development issues of Cell and RSX being basicly a year and half old off the shelf PC card, the design flaws of the PS3 256/256 design. It will be extremely hard to port a decent version of this PC graphic beast over to PS3 with out it looking much downgraded.

Discus!

GamerGuy07360
Your graphics argument are highly valid, however, Crysis is NOT coming to consoles in the near future, as far as it's not announced to be. gnutux
Hewkii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Hewkii
Member since 2006 • 26339 Posts
[QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"]

turgore

Well true but everthing that Crysis can offer is done on the 360 at a comparable level  . Eg . blur- lost planet , destructible trees- mercenaries , character models -fight night , huge draw distance - graw 2 , great textures- kameo , smart AI - Fear , and  you guys remember the physics thingy when a small house or w/e is that goes to pieces -well i watched the Blacksite area 51 trailer and there is  a split second when a meteor falls on a store and blows it up into pieces but it's way faster.

but can you do that at once is the question, along with the question of is all of that equal to Crysis.
Perception1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Perception1
Member since 2006 • 1010 Posts

Near the end of PS3/360 lifespan graphics will be close to Crysis if not on par with Crysis. But at this point, no.

Dopemonk736
A lot sooner than that, well the PS3 at least.
Mozo336

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Mozo336
[QUOTE="Dopemonk736"]

Perception1

How do you figure??

GamerGuy07360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 GamerGuy07360
[QUOTE="GamerGuy07360"]

With the crazy development issues of Cell and RSX being basicly a year and half old off the shelf PC card, the design flaws of the PS3 256/256 design. It will be extremely hard to port a decent version of this PC graphic beast over to PS3 with out it looking much downgraded.

Discus!

gnutux

Your graphics argument are highly valid, however, Crysis is NOT coming to consoles in the near future, as far as it's not announced to be. gnutux

Thank you atleast it's good to see others have good sense to this stuff.

Cedmln

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#26 Cedmln
Member since 2006 • 8802 Posts
Lol yeah right.
h4yabusa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 h4yabusa
Member since 2005 • 879 Posts

Discus!

GamerGuy07360
Another fool who doesn't know what he's on about
Perception1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Perception1
Member since 2006 • 1010 Posts
[QUOTE="Perception1"][QUOTE="Dopemonk736"]

Mozo336

How do you figure??

Well with Sony giving out the Playstation Edge tools to developers to use to make games easier to make, and IBM engineers working hands on with some developers. I think they'll start showing what the Cell can do sooner than the end of the PS3's life. I seen a video a few days ago of some kind of render that the PS3 was doing. If developers could figure out how to use that properly, I think they can get far. http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?type=wmv&id=17628
lilrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#29 lilrush
Member since 2005 • 1695 Posts

BioShockOwnz
lol haha true.
-Me_Ur_Daddy-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 -Me_Ur_Daddy-
Member since 2007 • 147 Posts

[QUOTE="-Me_Ur_Daddy-"]i got bad news for ya lemmings... http://www.gamersreports.com/news/5190/crytek-team-hints-at-ps3-project-at-gdc/ GamerGuy07360

Oh yeah we already know this. They are doing a spin off of Crysis for 360. They just say they may have a project for PS3 don't mean they will even be doing Cryteck engine or anything for all we know they could be doing Crash Bandicout 8 LOL

no they havent said anything about a 360 port, thats all fanboy rumors. yet when you ask them about a ps3 version they are all hush hush and dont wanna talk about it YET. either way you are owned, cus this either means they are doing it only on ps3 or are porting or doing a spinoff to both consoles. so ur argument of ps3 not being able to handle it has failed.
2FacedJanus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 2FacedJanus
Member since 2004 • 8236 Posts
Yeah graw looks totally like Crysis... yeah right... People claim MGS4 has bad textures... just look at this soldier in GRAW 2.
alex1889

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 alex1889
Member since 2006 • 1633 Posts

With the crazy development issues of Cell and RSX being basicly a year and half old off the shelf PC card, the design flaws of the PS3 256/256 design. It will be extremely hard to port a decent version of this PC graphic beast over to PS3 with out it looking much downgraded.

Discus!GamerGuy07360

i didnt know ram had much 2 dov with graphics. And ps3 is more likely 2 be able 2 run it then 360

chamber25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 chamber25
Member since 2005 • 412 Posts
I believe it can be done on both consoles if crytek reworks the crysis engine. Your reasoning for hardware problems on the PS3 seems like the same old biased propaganda. Yes the developers are still getting the handle of cell, because its a totally new architecture, but there seems to be quite a few new middlewares come to to make things easier. As the years progress you will stuff close to or even surpassing crysis for both systems
GamerGuy07360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 GamerGuy07360

Yeah graw looks totally like Crysis... yeah right... People claim MGS4 has bad textures... just look at this soldier in GRAW 2.  2FacedJanus

DUDE for real i don't know what TV your on or where that pic is from but you are CLEARY givivng the worst you can find to show this becuase GRAW 2 looks WAY better then that on my TV.

dramaybaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 dramaybaz
Member since 2005 • 6020 Posts
A bit off topic: I was wondering how good it will be if GTA is done using CryEngine 2. Such a vast world with so much detail. Long draw distance with brilliant Graphics. That would be something!
LabWarrior1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 LabWarrior1
Member since 2007 • 490 Posts

Discus!

GamerGuy07360

Fable 2 looks 10x better than Crysis anyway

DOC105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#37 DOC105
Member since 2007 • 307 Posts
Did you ever play GTHD
gamecode101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 gamecode101
Member since 2005 • 1383 Posts

"Look at GRAW 2 it's close"

and elebits is close to gears of war...

StarFoxCOM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#39 StarFoxCOM
Member since 2006 • 5605 Posts

LOL your awful.

DaddyDC650

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 DaddyDC650
Member since 2007 • 1241 Posts

Discus!

GamerGuy07360
Keep dreaming! The Sony PS3, 3 months after launch can already graphically outdo the 360's killer app, Gears of War. Check out some Unreal Tournament 3 previews for the PS3. You = self-owned ftw!
jwcyclone15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 jwcyclone15
Member since 2005 • 1149 Posts
[QUOTE="GamerGuy07360"]

Discus!

LabWarrior1

Fable 2 looks 10x better than Crysis anyway

You need to stop smoking those rocks....
GamerGuy07360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 GamerGuy07360
[QUOTE="GamerGuy07360"]

Discus!

DaddyDC650

Keep dreaming! The Sony PS3, 3 months after launch can already graphically outdo the 360's killer app, Gears of War. Check out some Unreal Tournament 3 previews for the PS3. You = self-owned ftw!

Are you fffingggg for REAL? first of all U3 looks and runs better on the 360. You do know it's coming to 360 also right? You don't honestly beleive that it will be better on PS3 do you? With Live and the marketplace and the 360 controller it will CRUSH U3 on PS3.

You have seen the video's how it is running smoother on the 360 demo's have you not ?

Teuf_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Teuf_
Member since 2004 • 30805 Posts
I swear, you see the same threads repeat themselves over and over.
Darth_Stalin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Darth_Stalin
Member since 2005 • 8681 Posts
The PS3 or 360 cannot handle crysis simply because they are not Direct X 10.
AlbertE-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 AlbertE-
Member since 2007 • 300 Posts
If you take out the ability to see farther than 200 yards, and downgraded the resolution and texture capabilities, and took out the incredible lighting effects, then yes, a 360 could run a spin-off of crysis.

Can it run the Crysis that is coming out for the PC and retain all of the PC version's capabilities? No.
True_Gamer_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 True_Gamer_
Member since 2006 • 6750 Posts
[QUOTE="DaddyDC650"][QUOTE="GamerGuy07360"]

Discus!

GamerGuy07360

Are you fffingggg for REAL? first of all U3 looks and runs better on the 360. You do know it's coming to 360 also right? You don't honestly beleive that it will be better on PS3 do you? With Live and the marketplace and the 360 controller it will CRUSH U3 on PS3.

You have seen the video's how it is running smoother on the 360 demo's have you not ?

Arguing about which controller is better is like two guys that have one his left and the other his right leg cut off who can run faster....
U3 will be 10 times better on PC...
And a reality check for the TC: Xbox360 can run Crysis at the same level as a $700 PC...
kage_53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 kage_53
Member since 2006 • 12671 Posts
lmao You actually think Graw 2 looks close to Crysis. 
Shadow-Eagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Shadow-Eagle
Member since 2004 • 953 Posts

Fable 2 looks 10x better than Crysis anywayLabWarrior1

lol.?

muscleserge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#49 muscleserge
Member since 2005 • 3307 Posts
why do lemms always have to bring up crysis? what do you have to prove. It has been said that Crysis isn't coming to 360 and that consoles can't run it. Get over it and go play something else.
AlbertE-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 AlbertE-
Member since 2007 • 300 Posts
why do lemms always have to bring up crysis? what do you have to prove. It has been said that Crysis isn't coming to 360 and that consoles can't run it. Get over it and go play something else.muscleserge
EXACTLY