360 and PS3 graphics

This topic is locked from further discussion.

-supercharged-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 0

#1 -supercharged-
Member since 2006 • 5820 Posts
One is never going to be insanely different than the other. They are both going to be around the same with the only notible differences here and there but nothing dramatic. So quit saying but teh PS3 will look 10x better or the PS3 will never look as good as teh 360.
NYCgamer47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 NYCgamer47
Member since 2007 • 243 Posts
Developers have said time and time again that the PS3 still has WAY more unrealized potential than the X360, and we WILL see it within the next few years, just like we did with PS2.
nyoroism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 nyoroism
Member since 2007 • 3778 Posts

I think I'm psychic or something. For some reason I was thinking "there hasn't been a 360 vs. PS3 graphics thread that I've seen in a while". I hit refresh, bam. There it is.

Don't ask me why I was thinking about GameSpot.

Also you're right.

-KinGz-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 -KinGz-
Member since 2006 • 5232 Posts

Developers have said time and time again that the PS3 still has WAY more unrealized potential than the X360, and we WILL see it within the next few years, just like we did with PS2. NYCgamer47

No one said 360 will be standing there looking without doing nothing, I believe PS3 games will eventuallylook abit better, nothing dramatical, neither worth 200$ more if you bought a ps3 for solely that reason. 

Zero10k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Zero10k
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
within a year you will start to notice a difference. should note that none of the ps3 games of yet have used texture streaming like gears of war has for the 360. and it gave the 360 a huge leap in graphics
FearlessSpirit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 FearlessSpirit
Member since 2007 • 2015 Posts
It really doesn't matter to me anyway. X360 has visually great games and continues to improve. So it's good for me. If PS3 winds up getting a tad better graphics I'm not going to cry like a baby. It's all about the games themselves anyway, and my X360 provides more games I want to play then PS3 will. So it's my choice.
wklzip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 wklzip
Member since 2005 • 13925 Posts

Developers have said time and time again that the PS3 still has WAY more unrealized potential than the X360, and we WILL see it within the next few years, just like we did with PS2. NYCgamer47

thisiswaiting 

HarryCrackage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 HarryCrackage
Member since 2004 • 1426 Posts

I agree with the TC. Even if the PS3 is more powerful (which is debatable), the difference between consoles will still be no where near where it was last gen between the Xbox and PS2.

chadwardennn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 chadwardennn
Member since 2007 • 883 Posts

One is never going to be insanely different than the other. They are both going to be around the same with the only notible differences here and there but nothing dramatic. So quit saying but teh PS3 will look 10x better or the PS3 will never look as good as teh 360. -supercharged-

Just wait until dev find the hidden power of the cell.
It will blow lemmings away.

XYZVector

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 XYZVector
Member since 2006 • 753 Posts

Developers have said time and time again that the PS3 still has WAY more unrealized potential than the X360, and we WILL see it within the next few years, just like we did with PS2. NYCgamer47

Howard Stringer was even quoted as saying that no game will ever fully realize the power of the PS3, and that says somthing about the PS3. It's CPU is so not suited for gaming that using the cell for gaming is stupid. Yeah I will not argue in raw floating point operation nothing touches the cell, except for a GPU, but for integer performance, and branching operations the cell stinks, and is worse than an old Pentium 300 mhz. NOTE: there is already a GPU in the PS3, the cell so it doesn't really need the CELL.

lazerluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 lazerluke
Member since 2004 • 229 Posts

LOL.

Cows the old Nvidia graphics card in the PS3 is showing its a age and will never look better than the Ati card in the 360.

The 360 will always have the edge in graphics.

Nitrosoft1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Nitrosoft1
Member since 2006 • 144 Posts
If I was a level 3, I would post these two awesome screen shots I have.  They are both High-res and easy to compare.  One is a picture of Apples, and other is a picture of Oranges.  They both look nearly the same but for some reason, despite their looks, they taste so much different!  Amazing how different tastes lead to different preferences, despite both of the fruits being equally delicious looking!
musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#13 musicalmac  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25098 Posts

Just wait until dev find the hidden power of the cell.
It will blow lemmings away.

chadwardennn

The "cell" is not a magical piece of hardware. It won't magically make everything better. It's a CPU!!

hip-hop-cola

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14 hip-hop-cola
Member since 2007 • 558 Posts

LOL.

Cows the old Nvidia graphics card in the PS3 is showing its a age and will never look better than the Ati card in the 360.

lazerluke

listen to this man for he is a games lord......

like u make games for a living. fact is nobody knows

walter09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 walter09
Member since 2005 • 289 Posts
LOL. Cows the old Nvidia graphics card in the PS3 is showing its a age and will never look better than the Ati card in the 360. The 360 will always have the edge in graphics.lazerluke
This is very debatable Lemming... I believe both cards are capable of deliever the same power, just in a different way. 

The difference between consoles will still be no where near where it was last gen between the Xbox and PS2.HarryCrackage
  Here i think you are wrong ... there will be a big difference between No. 1 and No. 2 ... you'll see ...

HarryCrackage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 HarryCrackage
Member since 2004 • 1426 Posts
[QUOTE="lazerluke"]LOL. Cows the old Nvidia graphics card in the PS3 is showing its a age and will never look better than the Ati card in the 360. The 360 will always have the edge in graphics.walter09
This is very debatable Lemming... I believe both cards are capable of deliever the same power, just in a different way. 

The difference between consoles will still be no where near where it was last gen between the Xbox and PS2.HarryCrackage
  Here i think you are wrong ... there will be a big difference between No. 1 and No. 2 ... you'll see ...

I'm curious as to why you think that, not that you aren't entitled to your opinion. The reason I don't think the gap will be as large this gen is simply because out of the gate the original Xbox delivered games that blew away everything available on the PS2. This gen the PS3 has yet to out shine the 360. You could be right but the evidence suggests that I am right. I guess time will tell, huh?

lazerluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 lazerluke
Member since 2004 • 229 Posts
[QUOTE="lazerluke"]

LOL.

hip-hop-cola

I am talking about hardware you fool. 

You seem to forget that the PS3 graphics card is an old nvidia card that pc users have been using for years.

And yet PS3 owners keep saying that the Graphics will in time outshine the better card on the 360.

ff7isnumbaone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18 ff7isnumbaone
Member since 2005 • 5352 Posts
[QUOTE="hip-hop-cola"][QUOTE="lazerluke"]

LOL.

lazerluke

You seem to forget that the PS3 graphics card is an old nvidia card that pc users have been using for years.

And yet PS3 owners keep saying that the Graphics will in time outshine the better card on the 360.

no need to. the best graphics never win. 

hip-hop-cola

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#19 hip-hop-cola
Member since 2007 • 558 Posts
[QUOTE="hip-hop-cola"][QUOTE="lazerluke"]

LOL.

lazerluke

and im talking about u not develpoing games....iv heard things about the cell and iv heard it makes up for the graphics in some way.

im not a fool.....ur the one who belives hes a genius.

gamenux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 gamenux
Member since 2006 • 5308 Posts

It's not the graphics, dummies! It is going to be the order of magnitude and the phyics.  Looks at Warhawk, Heavenly Swords, Lair, and even that lauch title called Resistance. Notice the similarities? There is a lot going on the during the game. There will be more npc with better ai and physics. Look at Gears. That game is all graphics (aka eye-candy), 4 vs 4 multiplayer for a game that is release 1 year after the 360 launch. Ps3 will have mayhem, confusion,chaos, cause there is just so much happen at the same time. 

UR_BEST_FRIEND

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 UR_BEST_FRIEND
Member since 2007 • 182 Posts

Developers have said time and time again that the PS3 still has WAY more unrealized potential than the X360, and we WILL see it within the next few years, just like we did with PS2. NYCgamer47

Yea but xbox still has better graphics

dumfart66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 dumfart66
Member since 2005 • 295 Posts

You mean the devlopers that made lair? Factor 5? only ones who have made a comparison to the 360? Company thats in sonys pockets?  Get a real developer that is unbiased, then speak

ball_of_air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 ball_of_air
Member since 2007 • 2105 Posts
Chadwardennn be BALLIN