360 & PS3 gamers play online together?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

thetruespin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 thetruespin
Member since 2008 • 3256 Posts

Are there any games where players, regardless of console, can play online together? Is this even possible?

I mean, surely whilst the hardware differs to some extent, the way players connect is fairly standard. Us 360 owners don't mind waiting a few extra seconds for the ps3 owners game to load... :)

Seriously though... is this something that has/may/can happen?

Lo_Rising

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#2 Lo_Rising
Member since 2007 • 930 Posts
no, and it will probably never happen. besides ps3 gamers would own 360 gamers.
Rattlesnake_8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#3 Rattlesnake_8
Member since 2004 • 18452 Posts
I couldn't see it happening anytime soon.. and it would just cause more arguments in games and excuses for losing.
tekmojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 tekmojo
Member since 2006 • 1425 Posts
I'd say once EA makes a console, it will happen. So lol not very likely.
dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 dabear
Member since 2002 • 8915 Posts

no, and it will probably never happen. besides ps3 gamers would own 360 gamers.Lo_Rising

Why do you have to flaimbait?

air_wolf_cubed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#6 air_wolf_cubed
Member since 2004 • 10233 Posts
they will never share bandwith with eachother. and how in the world do you think things will turn out when lemmings and cows are voice chatting with eachother?
Bubblehash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Bubblehash
Member since 2004 • 2914 Posts

Are there any games where players, regardless of console, can play online together? Is this even possible?

I mean, surely whilst the hardware differs to some extent, the way players connect is fairly standard. Us 360 owners don't mind waiting a few extra seconds for the ps3 owners game to load... :)

thetruespin
I wouldn't want to play with lemming. Keep them on their side of the darn fence and out of my yard.
thetruespin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 thetruespin
Member since 2008 • 3256 Posts

they will never share bandwith with eachother. and how in the world do you think things will turn out when lemmings and cows are voice chatting with eachother?air_wolf_cubed

:)

ocinom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 ocinom
Member since 2008 • 1385 Posts
XBOX LIve join forces with the crappy PSN..... Hell no way
jimm895

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 jimm895
Member since 2007 • 7703 Posts
I think I saw something a while back where Sony was going to allow the developers to develop games that would allow the PS3 and PC's to have games that would allow cross plat forum gaming. M$ didn't want this to happen and they didn't want to get invloved with the program. Instead they wanted to keep things the way they are now.
mingo123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 mingo123
Member since 2007 • 9005 Posts

no, and it will probably never happen. besides ps3 gamers would own 360 gamers.Lo_Rising

rofl yea right

Lo_Rising

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Lo_Rising
Member since 2007 • 930 Posts

[QUOTE="Lo_Rising"]no, and it will probably never happen. besides ps3 gamers would own 360 gamers.mingo123

rofl yea right

you know you will.

Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts

[QUOTE="Lo_Rising"]no, and it will probably never happen. besides ps3 gamers would own 360 gamers.dabear

because until they have to deal with the reality of the situation cows love to smacktalk.
-GhostMLD-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 -GhostMLD-
Member since 2008 • 3282 Posts

dont make me laugh. It is fact that 360 gamers are smarter, older, and more educated then PS3 gamers. Survey done and everything........

BlindEffekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 BlindEffekt
Member since 2007 • 897 Posts

[QUOTE="Lo_Rising"]no, and it will probably never happen. besides ps3 gamers would own 360 gamers.-GhostMLD-

dont make me laugh. It is fact that 360 gamers are smarter, older, and more educated then PS3 gamers. Survey done and everything........

And also 360 gamers pay for there online connectivity, therefore taking it more seriously. So i think ps3 would get hella whipped!!!. But yeah psn and xbl will never be cross connected. We xbox gamers pay, whereas psn dusnt.
thrones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 thrones
Member since 2004 • 12178 Posts

[QUOTE="Lo_Rising"]no, and it will probably never happen. besides ps3 gamers would own 360 gamers.-GhostMLD-

What..?

Stop making crap up, please.

LINK.

Killfox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Killfox
Member since 2004 • 6666 Posts

[QUOTE="Lo_Rising"]no, and it will probably never happen. besides ps3 gamers would own 360 gamers.dabear

Im guessing he means since the PS3 can use KB/M they would beat 360 gamers.

Avatar image for PelekotansDream
PelekotansDream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#18 PelekotansDream
Member since 2005 • 7602 Posts

XBOX LIve join forces with the crappy PSN..... Hell no wayocinom
Scared? Yeah I suppose its normal for lemmings.

Either way I would love to see cross platform play on consoles. I can buy a game and be able to play with my 360 and PS3 friends instead of having to decide which platform I buy the multiplat for and leaving some of my friends out.

Uptown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Uptown
Member since 2002 • 10348 Posts
maybe next-gen console makers can unite on teh internetz
-GhostMLD-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 -GhostMLD-
Member since 2008 • 3282 Posts
if he game is a fps, its no contest. the 360 controller + the general user base, was built for fps's.
Avatar image for ReverseCycology
ReverseCycology

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 ReverseCycology
Member since 2006 • 9717 Posts

Most if not all the professional gamers uses Xbox Live for competitions, so look no further than the 360 to have the best gamers in the world. Anyways, I guess it just depends on the servers or what not, I mean console vs PC works, so I don't know why wouldn't console vs other console won't work either. 360 gamers are more hardcore, better gamers, more committed to gaming, more skilled, more organized, more tactical, than PS3 gamers. I mean just look at this game within a game called achievements, most 360 owners loves it and don't mind it's there while PS3 owners hates it and thinks its useless. The 360 gamers would own any PS3 owners any moment in time. If I was on the 360 and played myself on the PS3, I would defeat myself using the 360.

lhughey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 lhughey
Member since 2006 • 4867 Posts

... If I was on the 360 and played myself on the PS3, I would defeat myself using the 360.

ReverseCycology

True indeed

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14829 Posts

Most if not all the professional gamers uses Xbox Live for competitions, so look no further than the 360 to have the best gamers in the world. Anyways, I guess it just depends on the servers or what not, I mean console vs PC works, so I don't know why wouldn't console vs other console won't work either. 360 gamers are more hardcore, better gamers, more committed to gaming, more skilled, more organized, more tactical, than PS3 gamers. I mean just look at this game within a game called achievements, most 360 owners loves it and don't mind it's there while PS3 owners hates it and thinks its useless. The 360 gamers would own any PS3 owners any moment in time. If I was on the 360 and played myself on the PS3, I would defeat myself using the 360.

ReverseCycology

That didn't sound fanboyish at all.....

thrones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 thrones
Member since 2004 • 12178 Posts

ReverseCycology

You know, this statement is not fanboy'ish at all.

UnnDunn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 UnnDunn
Member since 2002 • 3979 Posts

thetruespin

I think the only real example of this is Final Fantasy XI, where 360, PS2 and PC players can all play together. Beyond that, there's Shadowrun, where 360 and PC players could play together, and in previous generations, there was Quake 3 Arena, where Dreamcast and PC players could face off.

In future, you'll probably see lots more games where 360 and PC players can interact or PS3 and PC players can interact, but not 360 and PS3 players, unless it's an MMO.

JediRiff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 JediRiff
Member since 2007 • 2159 Posts

Bring it on! :D

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts
the amount of fanboysim in this thread is hilarious
RENE2315

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 RENE2315
Member since 2006 • 1038 Posts
i guess 360 gamers dont have a life

EVOLV3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 EVOLV3
Member since 2008 • 12210 Posts
:lol: That would be intense, it would be System wars with mic's.
sirk1264

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#30 sirk1264
Member since 2003 • 6242 Posts
The only game i know that does cross platform play (excluding MMOs) is Shadowrun. Thats for 360 and PC though. I don't know if 360 and ps3 gamers can play together. Microsofts network is a closed service while sony's is open. It seems like microsoft would have to first agree on such a thing.
SHuN_G0Ku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 SHuN_G0Ku
Member since 2008 • 480 Posts

:lol: is this a joke thread?

PS3 players would pwn any 360 players anytime, anywhere, any type of game: racing, fighting, fps, strategy etc..

just think if Starcraft was on PS3 and 360 and both happen to cross..

PS3+DS3+mouse+k/b >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 360 pad

imo all players are equal, but if one system happens to have the edge on advantage then we clearly know who's going to win.

Roushrsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Roushrsh
Member since 2005 • 3351 Posts

the amount of fanboysim in this thread is hilariouslawlessx

Quite so :lol:

sirk1264

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#33 sirk1264
Member since 2003 • 6242 Posts

PS3 players would pwn any 360 players anytime, anywhere, any type of game: racing, fighting, fps, strategy etc..

imo all players are equal, but if one system happens to have the edge on advantage then we clearly know who's going to win.

SHuN_G0Ku

I will give you racing and fighting but not FPS and strategy. There are way more RTS games on 360 than ps3.

SHuN_G0Ku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 SHuN_G0Ku
Member since 2008 • 480 Posts
[QUOTE="SHuN_G0Ku"]

sirk1264

I will give you racing and fighting but not FPS and strategy. There are way more RTS games on 360 than ps3.

how so in FPS and strategy? just tell me how a control pad can beat a mouse and a kb especially in FPS games..

also, quantity =/= skills.

jimm895

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 jimm895
Member since 2007 • 7703 Posts

ReverseCycology

It doesn't take any real skills to get these achievements. If you want real skills try beating Socom 1 at Vice Admiral or gain all 32 badges in Socom Combined Assault because even though your in control of two teams if you don't use skill, organization, and tactics the game will eat you alive every time in single player (I don't think there have been many that has beat Socom 1 at the Vice Admiral level).

Bloodseeker23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#36 Bloodseeker23
Member since 2008 • 8338 Posts

[QUOTE="Lo_Rising"]no, and it will probably never happen. besides ps3 gamers would own 360 gamers.mingo123

rofl yea right

DAMN RIGHT WE WILL.ROFL

beinss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 beinss
Member since 2004 • 1838 Posts

Haha careful ull start a whole new era of System Wars.

To TC, no as of yet no.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

thetruespin

It probably will not happen too often, as it devalues Xbox Live, which is a PREMIUM service people pay for. To play with them for FREE wouldn't be good for M$.

That being said, Final Fantasy XI, a PS2 and PC game was ported to 360, and it is the only game to allow 360 players to play with PC and PS2 players. Since the PS3 has an Update to allow FFXI to be played on PS3, it may have already happened.

A 360 owner may have bought a PS2 port copy of FFXI, and a PS3 owner may be playing the PS2 game FFXI on their PS3, and interacting with the 360 player.

Psychosisrain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Psychosisrain
Member since 2006 • 931 Posts

It's true though.

Patriot298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Patriot298
Member since 2006 • 1187 Posts

Because that person obviously isn't very smart!

Luxen90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Luxen90
Member since 2006 • 7427 Posts
Hmm there was a game that was annouce a while back and they was saying they wanted Ps3 and 360 players to be able to play together on their game and that they are trying to make it happen.
67gt500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 67gt500
Member since 2003 • 4627 Posts

ROFL'Z... That's some sig-worthy stuff right there! Smarter? More educated?

Sure, if you're talking about the intellectual 'leap' between grade seven and grade ten!

How could anyone (other than Microsoft) make such a claim when, from my experience, most of the people on XBL at any given moment haven't even finished high-school yet...

A_FITZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#43 A_FITZ
Member since 2006 • 398 Posts

This has already been done with some games such as FFXI Online ((Online MMO.))

Does the game company have to run 2 servers for the 2 different consoles? Or is this not the way it works?

But anyway, id love to see this happening. It was a GREAT success for FFXI Online, and very unique and something I would see the best thing in the future that probably will happen sooner or later.

Avatar image for ReverseCycology
ReverseCycology

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 ReverseCycology
Member since 2006 • 9717 Posts

I think any 360 gamer would own any PS3 gamer with shooter games.

I think any PS3 gamer would own any 360 gamer with fighting games.

I think any 360 gamer would own any PS3 gamer online due to host advantage.

Deadly_Fatalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#45 Deadly_Fatalis
Member since 2006 • 1756 Posts
I don't want System Wars in my online....